Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,340 members, 7,811,987 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:52 AM

I Want To Go Into Blogging. Please What Are The Pros And Cons Of Blogging? - Webmasters (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / I Want To Go Into Blogging. Please What Are The Pros And Cons Of Blogging? (18496 Views)

I'm Tired Of Blogging, Who Can Guide Me Through Any Other Online Biz / Guys, I'm Thinking Of Going Into Blogging Out Of Serious Boredom? / Get Adsence Approval Within One Month Of blogging. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Go Into Blogging. Please What Are The Pros And Cons Of Blogging? by Nobody: 7:55am On Feb 26, 2021
webincomeplus:

Stop posting nonsense with confidence. Search Google for 100 random keywords off your head and tell me how many of them have Blogger and sites ranking number 1 for them.
The guy is a joker

1 Like

Re: I Want To Go Into Blogging. Please What Are The Pros And Cons Of Blogging? by Nobody: 7:58am On Feb 26, 2021
Oriental4:
I read the first page to see what advice you already have. I should say that most of them may be helpful. Let me tell you this as a blogger. By the way, my latest blog is just 2 months old and has earned nothing. Let me just say that blogging is not magic, but it is one of the easiest ways of making money online if you know what you are doing. Many bloggers do not make money simply because they give up too easily. Blogging is all about giving people information they need and not as someone suggested, for writing your ideas. You won't make any money if all you do is write your ideas. Do that on Facebook, that's the platform for writing whatever comes into your mind.

My first successful blog started earning after 6 months. The first month of earning was $750. The second month of earning was about $1,200. Let me show you how it works since someone said that serious bloggers won't give you advice, a concept which is wrong. There is room for everyone to succeed as a blogger. I have 4 blogs presently in different niches.

First, blogging costs money but not much money. If you have money for hosting and data, there is no reason why you won't be successful as a blogger.
2. If you put in effort in creating your content, there is no reason why you would not be successful. I advise that you go for an evergreen niche so that your content would continue to be relevant. I made this mistake in my first blog by making it a news site. Down the line I realized that I could not be writing 4-5 articles daily. That could be tiring, so I started reviewing scams. The problem with scams is that they rain today and are gone tomorrow so the traffic peters out. So choose an evergreen.

3. Do not think that you'll start making money overnight. Give your blog at least one year to start making serious money. If you do it right, you'll have full time income in 2 years. That's more than $15,000 monthly income.

4. Your content should be helpful to users. Search similar content in your niche on Google and produce something better. That's how it works.

5, Write for people. Give them what would help them and forget all those telling you about SEO and all other bullshit meant to take money from you. Backlinks happen naturally if you have a good blog with good content.

6. Do not waste time on design. When your blog is successful and earning money, you can go for a premium theme.
7, Forget about traffic, just produce many good content. My first successful blog has more than 800 posts.
8. Lay emphasis on posts instead of pages in Wordpress. Group your theme into categories to keep the blog neat.
9. I can't remember everything here, but spend time only on things that make you money. What are those things? Writing content. Make your minimum content 1000 words. I have a 15,000 words guide on my 2018 blog.
10. Finally, do not chase "successful blogger" There is no magic outside work and in blogging, work equals writing content, content and more useful content. When these content start bringing traffic, you start cashing in. And talking about traffic, create social media accounts for your blog. Facebook and Twitter are enough. Small traffic would be coming from there pending when Google starts noticing you.

WARNING!!!

NEVER, I repeat, NEVER spam your site links. Google would manually ban you and that would be the end of your blog.

On a final note, this is all you need. And no, I do not mentor people. All the mentoring you need is already in this comment.
Good luck.

Addendum

Let me add one more thing based on come comments I read here. Some people would advise you to choose a niche based on your passion. Well, that may be good, but what if you do not have something you are passionate about? Or what you have passion for has no real demand in terms of monetization? My advise is this. Choose any niche you are interested in learning about. Be aware that what matters is being able to monetize down the line. Also, every other thing such as keyword research, this ebook and that ebook are all craps. The secret is no secret - create helpful content that people love.

Op, I have been there and I am still there. I have made many mistakes and made money from blogging too. The thing is, if you want to succeed as a blogger, YOU NEED TO FOLLOW THIS GUY'S ADVICE to the latter. Goodluck

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Go Into Blogging. Please What Are The Pros And Cons Of Blogging? by Nobody: 8:04am On Feb 26, 2021
fykes:

Greetings .please what is it with 2k words per article? My blog is about 2 months old...95% of content created by me.
I write for fun and because writing is a hubby of mine. But why must every article be up to 2k? I will appreciate ur response
Don't mind that guy about every content being 2k words. It helps but not a must. 500 word well-optimized content that captures every detail can rank you well.
Re: I Want To Go Into Blogging. Please What Are The Pros And Cons Of Blogging? by Nobody: 6:38pm On Feb 27, 2021
21stcenturyman:

Thanks a lot. I deeply appreciate your advice. Talking about the Webhost, how much is the cheapest but fast. I heard WordPress is good, but I dnt know the amount for a year.

I use a foreign webhost for my website hosting.

For domain registration, I use both foreign and local domain registrar to register a domain name.

WordPress is FREE and I did suggest until you figure how to make money online and pick a niche and be good at it, you shouldn't start spending yet.

You can start with free webhosting platform such as wordpress. com or blogger.com.

Some webhost offers free domain name for a year such as Bluehost, so you can save at least USD 10 for domain name registration.

You can also try upperlink.ng, I have use them to register some domain names such as .com & .com.ng and they are good.
Re: I Want To Go Into Blogging. Please What Are The Pros And Cons Of Blogging? by Nobody: 5:59pm On Mar 09, 2021
21stcenturyman:

I contacted a web designer to build a blog for me and he says 75k. I was surprised it's that expensive. Please, what do you suggest I do? Something I thought was 5k at least

Buy enough data, go watch YouTube video on WordPress installation or read blog post about WordPress installation.

It's very easy to do.

Just register your domain name

Buy web host account

Install WordPress

Buy premium theme on themeforest.net or search wordpress directory for free theme.

Download essential plugins to enhance your WordPress capabilities.

Write and publish your post.

It's that simple.
Re: I Want To Go Into Blogging. Please What Are The Pros And Cons Of Blogging? by Emeka71(m): 6:56pm On Mar 09, 2021
BestAccessories:

I use a foreign webhost for my website hosting.

For domain registration, I use both foreign and local domain registrar to register a domain name.

WordPress is FREE and I did suggest until you figure how to make money online and pick a niche and be good at it, you shouldn't start spending yet.

You can start with free webhosting platform such as wordpress. com or blogger.com.

Some webhost offers free domain name for a year such as Bluehost, so you can save at least USD 10 for domain name registration.

You can also try upperlink.ng, I have use them to register some domain names such as .com & .com.ng and they are good.
Can somebody use ad-sense on the free domain name such as Blue-host¿
Re: I Want To Go Into Blogging. Please What Are The Pros And Cons Of Blogging? by Nobody: 9:51pm On Mar 09, 2021
Emeka71:
Can somebody use ad-sense on the free domain name such as Blue-host¿

What do you actually mean by free domain name.

Do you mean like emeka71. or emeka71..com

Also some webhost do give FREE one year premium domain such as www.emeka71.com, after a year you will start paying annual subscription/renewal fee.

On and YouTube,I think it's possible to use ad-sense on free domain.
Re: I Want To Go Into Blogging. Please What Are The Pros And Cons Of Blogging? by Emeka71(m): 5:41pm On Mar 22, 2021
BestAccessories:

What do you actually mean by free domain name.

Do you mean like emeka71. or emeka71..com

Also some webhost do give FREE one year premium domain such as www.emeka71.com, after a year you will start paying annual subscription/renewal fee.

On and YouTube,I think it's possible to use ad-sense on free domain.
Nice information.
Re: I Want To Go Into Blogging. Please What Are The Pros And Cons Of Blogging? by rhames(m): 11:11pm On Mar 25, 2021
sapphiere:
Hello Nairalanders! Happy prosperous new year to you all.

Please I want to go into blogging.
I need advice from those who are into it.
What are the things expected of me and what should I expect.
What are the guidelines for beginners?

Your advice is welcome.

Welcome to the world of opportunities.
Blogging requires a lot of time, money and resources. Time to research, money to implement your blogging Skills and resources like books and human capital to assist and guide you on your journey.

A blog takes time to generate income depending on your skill set and niche. Contrary to popular thought, even US $100 can't host a year's contract on any of the top webhosts in the world.

You need close to US $1500 or US$100 if you choose to move at snail speed to start as capital. Bluehost is my favorite and your best bet is to buy a three year hosting with all perks such as SEO, SSL and a host of others for US $ 800.

The rest of your funds will be used to buy books, courses and attend online masterclasses by top bloggers.

Do not use local Resource persons. Most of them are stagnant and their knowledge and methods stale. Use foreign resource persons especially from the US, Australia and India. The top 100 are from these countries and you will gain a lot from them. Besides, they teach you to take baby steps into that tough business.

What's your niche market? The top bloggers in the world belong to many niches unlike our local marketers with civil servant mentality of one source of income.

Lastly,you must have sound control of your language of communication. Unfortunately, why most bloggers find it difficult to get traffic is bad communication. Avoid the use of slangs in your communication as it gives a wrong signal.

Remember there are over two billion blogs and only a few thousand people will read your blog. You worry is how do you get loyal readers and contributors to your blog and how do you improve it regularly.

Lastly, your blog is a business that you have set up to make money for you. It was set up with money and your principal reason for setting it up is to make profit and have a lasting impact on your audience. Be conscious and treat it like a business not a charity.

Good luck.

www.alqintara.
Re: I Want To Go Into Blogging. Please What Are The Pros And Cons Of Blogging? by Everest9(m): 11:29pm On Mar 25, 2021
angelEmade:
for just 2k I will get you 100,quality backlinks...not just backlinks but backlinks that will drive 40k daily page views.
I will also show you a secret to drive traffic from this nairaland by pasting a text file here
am interested in backlink pls
Re: I Want To Go Into Blogging. Please What Are The Pros And Cons Of Blogging? by Dbestofmasquar(m): 3:47pm On Mar 27, 2021
Learning how to blog is a step by step processing you cannot consumed at once.

Well everything you need is inside one single page only if you can read it.
Read: How To Start A Blog That Makes Money Quickly in 2021
Re: I Want To Go Into Blogging. Please What Are The Pros And Cons Of Blogging? by ArykTECH(m): 9:53am On Mar 28, 2021
abdulahi90:
dont steal
don't lie
don't cheat

lol just kidding, pick a niche you interested in then build a blog on blogger get domain and send traffic

lastly monetization, AdSense affiliate marketing etc

I must add, Blogger is best for beginners for many reasons.

But you'll be needing a few things to make the experience smoother for you.

Things like good blogger template. I use and prefer iVTemplates premium blogger templates due to the support they provide and their commitment to make you succeed as a blogger for using their template.

You can check one of their blogger templates review on homedecorca templates review here.

A custom domain for your blogger is a requirement.

Also, you'll be needing a Cloudflare account. You can register a free account. It'll be sufficient for you till you can afford a premium account.

This list could be endless. But the more you do, if you do it right; the better it'll get.

You'll also find the hints here extremely useful: 40 Top Secretes to Rank Blogger Blog High in Search Engines

Goodluck!
Re: I Want To Go Into Blogging. Please What Are The Pros And Cons Of Blogging? by angelEmade: 11:16pm On Apr 06, 2021
Everest9:
am interested in backlink pls
Whatsapp me. 0706 777 5065
Re: I Want To Go Into Blogging. Please What Are The Pros And Cons Of Blogging? by Techvillz(m): 1:12pm On Sep 25, 2023
If you need Low competition Keywords with Decent Search volume let me do keywords research for you and get you low competition keywords you can rank for even if your blog is new or has little Authority.

Each keyword data is gotten directly from real-time google data, so they're 99% accurate.
zeho ate, zeho, seesx tree seesx, zeho zeho faive ate faive

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why Do Nigerians Hate Commenting On Tech Blogs? / Google Adsense / How To Send Document Files Like PDF On Whatsapp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.