Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,362 members, 7,812,028 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:39 AM

I Want To Go Into Blogging. Please What Are The Pros And Cons Of Blogging? - Webmasters (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / I Want To Go Into Blogging. Please What Are The Pros And Cons Of Blogging? (18498 Views)

I'm Tired Of Blogging, Who Can Guide Me Through Any Other Online Biz / Guys, I'm Thinking Of Going Into Blogging Out Of Serious Boredom? / Get Adsence Approval Within One Month Of blogging. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Go Into Blogging. Please What Are The Pros And Cons Of Blogging? by SmartyPants(m): 10:26pm On Jan 04, 2021
webincomeplus:

Stop posting nonsense with confidence. Search Google for 100 random keywords off your head and tell me how many of them have Blogger and sites ranking number 1 for them.

Your reasoning is based on a common logical fallacy. Correlation does not equal causation.

Because blogger is severely limited in terms of design options, most serious publications which have the resources to rank for popular keywords won't use it. It's that simple, and has nothing to do with search engines.

BTW Neil Patel lists blogger as one of his top 5 blogging platforms. Do you know better than Neil Patel?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/neilpatel.com/blog/best-blogging-platforms/amp/
Re: I Want To Go Into Blogging. Please What Are The Pros And Cons Of Blogging? by fykes(m): 10:29pm On Jan 04, 2021
NaijaOlosho:

Get a lap top first.

Read about niche blogging

Don't rush into blogging or don't follow or these useless copy and paste bloggers into entertainment and news niche you won't make any cash oo

News niche is Saturated and there are major authority sites doing well. E.G punch news, Vanguard etc

Go Read about niche blogging.
Read about search engine optimization (SEO

Find your passion, research and choose a niche, preferably a micro or sub niche

Do keyword research
Find keywords around your niche at least 20 low competitive keywords for a start.

Choose a domain that relates to your niche.
Buy hosting plan, launch your site.

Start writing original, creative and engaging articles. Make sure your articles are 2k words each.

Submit your site maps to google for indexing.

Keep writing posts and you will be shocked at the results.

I can help of you want.

Greetings .please what is it with 2k words per article? My blog is about 2 months old...95% of content created by me.
I write for fun and because writing is a hubby of mine. But why must every article be up to 2k? I will appreciate ur response
Re: I Want To Go Into Blogging. Please What Are The Pros And Cons Of Blogging? by MiracleMe7: 10:41pm On Jan 04, 2021
Contact the owner of this blog www.erykon.ebenews.com he is a good guy, I have seen the people he teach how to blog and they are doing good now. You may reach him at info@erykon.com.
This my way of help. I wish you success
Re: I Want To Go Into Blogging. Please What Are The Pros And Cons Of Blogging? by Oriental4: 10:42pm On Jan 04, 2021
SmartyPants:

Your reasoning is based on a common logical fallacy. Correlation does not equal causation.

Because blogger is severely limited in terms of design options, most serious publications which have the resources to rank for popular keywords won't use it. It's that simple, and has nothing to do with search engines.

BTW Neil Patel lists blogger as one of his top 5 blogging platforms. Do you know better than Neil Patel?

Being a top blogging platform does not translate to being a top-ranking platform. Blogger could work if you started 10 years ago, not in 2021. One of Google's ranking factors is domain authority. How would your DA rank if it is a sub-domain to ? That means you've lost a lot because you're too stingy to buy a premium dot com domain that costs $10 and hosting that costs you less than $30 for the first year. No serious businessman goes for free things. I won't take any sub-domain serious, even Google doesn't.
Re: I Want To Go Into Blogging. Please What Are The Pros And Cons Of Blogging? by banjicom(m): 10:54pm On Jan 04, 2021
angelEmade:
for just 2k I will get you 100,quality backlinks...not just backlinks but backlinks that will drive 40k daily page views.
I will also show you a secret to drive traffic from this nairaland by pasting a text file here

Bro is there a way i can get the backlinks, let's talk please
Re: I Want To Go Into Blogging. Please What Are The Pros And Cons Of Blogging? by chatinent: 10:57pm On Jan 04, 2021
sapphiere:
What's your price?

Don't go away. Tell me what you can afford.
Re: I Want To Go Into Blogging. Please What Are The Pros And Cons Of Blogging? by angelEmade: 11:06pm On Jan 04, 2021
banjicom:

Bro is there a way i can get the backlinks, let's talk please
whatsapp me: 070-6777-50-6-5#

1 Like

Re: I Want To Go Into Blogging. Please What Are The Pros And Cons Of Blogging? by SmartyPants(m): 11:40pm On Jan 04, 2021
Oriental4:

Being a top blogging platform does not translate to being a top-ranking platform. Blogger could work if you started 10 years ago, not in 2021. One of Google's ranking factors is domain authority. How would your DA rank if it is a sub-domain to ? That means you've lost a lot because you're too stingy to buy a premium dot com domain that costs $10 and hosting that costs you less than $30 for the first year. No serious businessman goes for free things. I won't take any sub-domain serious, even Google doesn't.

Sir, using blogger or even does not mean you cannot use a custom domain. You dont need to use a sub domain.

And sorry to say, if you don't know that, then you shouldn't be offering advice. You should be learning.
Re: I Want To Go Into Blogging. Please What Are The Pros And Cons Of Blogging? by Luckytechtv: 11:57pm On Jan 04, 2021
angelEmade:
for just 2k I will get you 100,quality backlinks...not just backlinks but backlinks that will drive 40k daily page views.
I will also show you a secret to drive traffic from this nairaland by pasting a text file here
Your phone number or email?
Re: I Want To Go Into Blogging. Please What Are The Pros And Cons Of Blogging? by Oriental4: 12:41am On Jan 05, 2021
SmartyPants:

Sir, using blogger or even does not mean you cannot use a custom domain. You dont need to use a sub domain.

And sorry to say, if you don't know that, then you shouldn't be offering advice. You should be learning.

And presuming you're as smart as you think you are. Why would you go for Blogger that is owned and controlled by Google that could ban or shut you down the way they did to Linda Ikeji instead of an open source that gives you liberty to run your business the way you want? You're obviously going in circles because your only attraction to Blogger is that it is free. Anyway, my advice isn't for your type that have arrived but for people that wish to learn. For any aspiring blogger, I strongly suggest that you use WordPress. You'd accomplish more with it. We use Google for traffic. That's what they're good at.
Re: I Want To Go Into Blogging. Please What Are The Pros And Cons Of Blogging? by MbyAntia(m): 12:41am On Jan 05, 2021
smiley
Re: I Want To Go Into Blogging. Please What Are The Pros And Cons Of Blogging? by emmyyoung4me(m): 1:17am On Jan 05, 2021
Nice one

Blog writers needed for a food blog, 500 naira for 500 words. You can write as many as you can.
07086984841 on WhatsApp
Re: I Want To Go Into Blogging. Please What Are The Pros And Cons Of Blogging? by NaijaOlosho(f): 1:17am On Jan 05, 2021
fykes:

Greetings .please what is it with 2k words per article? My blog is about 2 months old...95% of content created by me.
I write for fun and because writing is a hubby of mine. But why must every article be up to 2k? I will appreciate ur response

You said it all that you are writing for fun.

But those who are targeting to be on googles first page during searches will write lengthy and detailed contents to beat competition and make it to Google first page.

In fact google likes rich, lengthy and detailed content.

It is part of criteria to rank on google. 2k words articles must be rich and satisfy searchers intent. This is why you don't just write a post you search for keywords ( terms, phrases people type on google to search for answers or solutions) and then write on them

In as much as googles most important priority is to deliver the best contents to searchers, rich articles will always make it to first page which is the target of any blogger.

Google first page is where everyone blogger is targeting, that is where the milk and honey is.

I mean that is where you get most and huge organic traffic. Traffic is equal to visitors to your site and you know visitors will sure convert to revenue if your site is monetized

So na why be that. Lol

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Go Into Blogging. Please What Are The Pros And Cons Of Blogging? by emmyyoung4me(m): 1:18am On Jan 05, 2021
Oriental4:

And presuming you're as smart as you think you are. Why would you go for Blogger that is owned and controlled by Google that could ban or shut you down the way they did to Linda Ikeji instead of an open source that gives you liberty to run your business the way you want? You're obviously going in circles because your only attraction to Blogger is that it is free. Anyway, my advice isn't for your type that have arrived but for people that wish to learn. For any aspiring blogger, I strongly suggest that you use WordPress. You'd accomplish more with it. We use Google for traffic. That's what they're good at.

I build WordPress blog check my signature
Re: I Want To Go Into Blogging. Please What Are The Pros And Cons Of Blogging? by emmyyoung4me(m): 1:22am On Jan 05, 2021
I build blogs both WordPress and blogger blogs... Check my signature
Re: I Want To Go Into Blogging. Please What Are The Pros And Cons Of Blogging? by NovusHomo(m): 1:35am On Jan 05, 2021
chatinent:

50k.

Professionally done.

I brought the prices low. More so, I'll be writing the tutorials here and you take the steps.

Premium, at less than $100. Hustler spotted.
Re: I Want To Go Into Blogging. Please What Are The Pros And Cons Of Blogging? by bamasite2: 1:57am On Jan 05, 2021
Recommending blogger in 2021?
abdulahi90:
dont steal
don't lie
don't cheat

lol just kidding, pick a niche you interested in then build a blog on blogger get domain and send traffic

lastly monetization, AdSense affiliate marketing etc
Re: I Want To Go Into Blogging. Please What Are The Pros And Cons Of Blogging? by bamasite2: 1:58am On Jan 05, 2021
Doc, welcome o.
Happy new year boss!
webincomeplus:

Well, the truth is, you can't learn everything there is to blogging in a single forum reply.

But I'll drop a few golden nuggets that can set you on the path to successful blogging.

1. You need to hone your writing skills. I don't know how good you are as a writer. But having solid writing skills is a must-have requirement for blogging, especially if you're targeting beyond the Nigerian audience. So, if you're not confident enough in your writing skills, you might want to take some time to work on that first.

2. Choose a niche that a lot of people are really interested in and that they search the web for information about. More importantly, write on topics that people want to read -- not what you think they would like to read or what you feel like writing on. If you're blogging for just fun, it's okay to write on anything. But if you really want to make money from blogging, you have to see it as a business and give people exactly what they want. To understand what people really want, you must learn and understand keyword research.

3. Don't waste your time on unnecessary stuff like trying to perfect your blog's design or getting it to look exactly like another blog you found. Trust me, nobody visits a blog to admire its design. People visit blogs for information that would help them.

4. For a start, don't bother yourself about making money. Building traffic, followership, and establishing yourself as an expert comes first. Only after you've achieved these should you start thinking of monetization. So, now isn't the time to spend hours reading stuff on Adsense, affiliate marketing, or other monetization options.

5. You must be patient. It might take up to many weeks to months to start generating decent traffic consistently. So, if you're looking at blogging as the sure way to help you settle some debts or start earning about N100,000 monthly from next month, go find a job!

6. Don't waste too much time reading stuff about blogging. There are loads of stuff online that are downright contradictory and confusing. And you'd come across tons of technical stuff that you don't really need for now. So, don't fall into the pit called "analysis paralysis".

7. Avoid starting on a free platform such as Blogger or . We've gone past the age where people and search engines take freely hosted blogs seriously. Setting up a self-hosted WordPress blog shouldn't cost you more than N15,000.

8. Be consistent. The major task involved in blogging is content creation. That is, writing new articles. Bear in mind that you have to do this on a frequent basis. Consider thrice weekly at least. But more importantly, be consistent with whatever number of articles you set for yourself.

9. Avoid being swindled. I can tell you categorically that, for now, you don't need anything like backlinks or other shitty services that some people might pitch at you just to swindle you of your hard-earned money. So, before paying for anything, be sure that it's something you really understand and are sure you really need.

10. Find a good mentor. Your best bet is a Nigerian blogger who has years of experience under his/her belt and has achieved multiple forms of success through blogging. You can also find and join Facebook and Whatsapp groups for Nigerian bloggers. Now, there are many groups out there where loads of useless, irrelevant, and opinionated stuff are being recycled. Avoid those!
Re: I Want To Go Into Blogging. Please What Are The Pros And Cons Of Blogging? by Originalsly: 2:25am On Jan 05, 2021
sapphiere:

Hello Nairalanders! Happy prosperous new year to you all.

Please I want to go into blogging.
I need advice from those who are into it.
What are the things expected of me and what should I expect.
What are the guidelines for beginners?

Your advice is welcome.

To be a blogger you have to be able to dig... how can you be a blogger and cannot access information at your fingertips?
Re: I Want To Go Into Blogging. Please What Are The Pros And Cons Of Blogging? by IdeasPro(m): 3:25am On Jan 05, 2021
sapphiere:

Your advice is welcome.
To be a successful blogger, take note of the following: learn SEO and keyword research. be a conversational writer, hone and have high dose of focus, commitment, consistency and patience. Always look at other successful bloggers especially in your niche and evolve from your observations. Above all, be a digital marketer inside out because if you don't tell, you'll not sell.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Go Into Blogging. Please What Are The Pros And Cons Of Blogging? by Cousin9999: 3:29am On Jan 05, 2021
Why not make a more valuable contribution to society instead of clogging the internet with more garbage?
Re: I Want To Go Into Blogging. Please What Are The Pros And Cons Of Blogging? by angelEmade: 4:39am On Jan 05, 2021
Luckytechtv:

Your phone number or email?
07-0-6-77-750*65#
Re: I Want To Go Into Blogging. Please What Are The Pros And Cons Of Blogging? by webincomeplus(m): 5:02am On Jan 05, 2021
SmartyPants:

Oga, nothing runs more true than palpable reality. In online business, the truth isn't based on what anybody says. It's based on what we see. Go to serious Facebook groups where the real experts are (such as SEO Signals Lab) and ask about Neil Patel, and you'd be schooled.

Blogger's limitation isn't based on design options only. It's severely handicapped in the aspect of SEO and versatility.

The biggest fallacy flying around about Blogger is, "It's owned by Google, so Google loves it and gives it preference in search results." Even Google would be disappointed in anyone peddling that crap around.

Anyway, can we just forget this and move on?
Re: I Want To Go Into Blogging. Please What Are The Pros And Cons Of Blogging? by rapboss(m): 6:44am On Jan 05, 2021
SAMBARRY:
Do you have sharp mouth (caustic mouth)? wink

Are you rude, humourous and expressive? wink

Do you have an internet enabled phone wink

And data for regular subscription? wink

If yes

Then that's all you need, you're ready tongue
hahaha

1 Like

Re: I Want To Go Into Blogging. Please What Are The Pros And Cons Of Blogging? by womanofpeace: 6:55am On Jan 05, 2021
webincomeplus:

Well, the truth is, you can't learn everything there is to blogging in a single forum reply.

But I'll drop a few golden nuggets that can set you on the path to successful blogging.

1. You need to hone your writing skills. I don't know how good you are as a writer. But having solid writing skills is a must-have requirement for blogging, especially if you're targeting beyond the Nigerian audience. So, if you're not confident enough in your writing skills, you might want to take some time to work on that first.

2. Choose a niche that a lot of people are really interested in and that they search the web for information about. More importantly, write on topics that people want to read -- not what you think they would like to read or what you feel like writing on. If you're blogging for just fun, it's okay to write on anything. But if you really want to make money from blogging, you have to see it as a business and give people exactly what they want. To understand what people really want, you must learn and understand keyword research.

3. Don't waste your time on unnecessary stuff like trying to perfect your blog's design or getting it to look exactly like another blog you found. Trust me, nobody visits a blog to admire its design. People visit blogs for information that would help them.

4. For a start, don't bother yourself about making money. Building traffic, followership, and establishing yourself as an expert comes first. Only after you've achieved these should you start thinking of monetization. So, now isn't the time to spend hours reading stuff on Adsense, affiliate marketing, or other monetization options.

5. You must be patient. It might take up to many weeks to months to start generating decent traffic consistently. So, if you're looking at blogging as the sure way to help you settle some debts or start earning about N100,000 monthly from next month, go find a job!

6. Don't waste too much time reading stuff about blogging. There are loads of stuff online that are downright contradictory and confusing. And you'd come across tons of technical stuff that you don't really need for now. So, don't fall into the pit called "analysis paralysis".

7. Avoid starting on a free platform such as Blogger or . We've gone past the age where people and search engines take freely hosted blogs seriously. Setting up a self-hosted WordPress blog shouldn't cost you more than N15,000.

8. Be consistent. The major task involved in blogging is content creation. That is, writing new articles. Bear in mind that you have to do this on a frequent basis. Consider thrice weekly at least. But more importantly, be consistent with whatever number of articles you set for yourself.

9. Avoid being swindled. I can tell you categorically that, for now, you don't need anything like backlinks or other shitty services that some people might pitch at you just to swindle you of your hard-earned money. So, before paying for anything, be sure that it's something you really understand and are sure you really need.

10. Find a good mentor. Your best bet is a Nigerian blogger who has years of experience under his/her belt and has achieved multiple forms of success through blogging. You can also find and join Facebook and Whatsapp groups for Nigerian bloggers. Now, there are many groups out there where loads of useless, irrelevant, and opinionated stuff are being recycled. Avoid those!
thanks for this, pls how do I reach you?
Re: I Want To Go Into Blogging. Please What Are The Pros And Cons Of Blogging? by NaijaOlosho(f): 7:43am On Jan 05, 2021
SmartyPants:

Update your knowkedge.

1. Blogger is owned by Google so there is no better way to gain traffic than using blogger

2. has paid packages now

Hahahaha u be olodo
Re: I Want To Go Into Blogging. Please What Are The Pros And Cons Of Blogging? by sageb: 8:02am On Jan 05, 2021
blogging is cool.
Re: I Want To Go Into Blogging. Please What Are The Pros And Cons Of Blogging? by Emmadoc: 8:21am On Jan 05, 2021
angelEmade:

You be con!
Re: I Want To Go Into Blogging. Please What Are The Pros And Cons Of Blogging? by Emmadoc: 8:26am On Jan 05, 2021
sapphiere:

Your advice is welcome.

No matter what you do, please don't choose the entertainment niche. Life go taya you
Re: I Want To Go Into Blogging. Please What Are The Pros And Cons Of Blogging? by Mawex(m): 8:31am On Jan 05, 2021
If you really want to learn blogging hit me up, I'll guide you through it. But first avoid paying anyone to teach you anything when there's plenty of information online that can help you with what you want and need, just go and watch a video or go and read an article online about blogging and anything you're confused about just let me know and I'll clear it up for you.
Re: I Want To Go Into Blogging. Please What Are The Pros And Cons Of Blogging? by bluepipsFX: 8:40am On Jan 05, 2021
sapphiere:

Your advice is welcome.

Send me a WhatsApp message, I will connect u with my mentor, he is organizing some profitable online business classes for free on WhatsApp, and its gonna be a 60 days stuff, u won't wanna miss it, it will cover most profitable online businesses of which blogging, affiliate marketing, email marketing, freelancing and many more will be given out for free. Chat me up now

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why Do Nigerians Hate Commenting On Tech Blogs? / Google Adsense / How To Send Document Files Like PDF On Whatsapp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.