Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,766 members, 7,820,679 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:22 PM

Buhari - Live In Kano With Pictures! - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari - Live In Kano With Pictures! (10843 Views)

APC Youth Forum With Buhari-live Pictures / Muhammadu Buhari Live – How Impressed Was I ? / Buhari Live On Channels TV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari - Live In Kano With Pictures! by Nobody: 3:41pm On Mar 30, 2011
Pictures dont win elections
Re: Buhari - Live In Kano With Pictures! by 3kay945(m): 3:50pm On Mar 30, 2011
meeeennnnnnnnnnnn is crowd in those pictures. kai ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, am beginning to like this.
Re: Buhari - Live In Kano With Pictures! by 3kay945(m): 3:54pm On Mar 30, 2011
J12:

Pictures dont win elections

so all those guys come look abi ? becos buhari is dancing makosa!
Re: Buhari - Live In Kano With Pictures! by chuqudy(m): 4:00pm On Mar 30, 2011
People troupe out just to see the  man called Buhari. when he came to Owerri, I went to the rally just to see and hear what he would say. He is trying. He has all the political tactics to attract crowd. Imagin, before he kicked off his Owerri campaign rally, he first went to see the Catholic ArchBishop Dr. A.J.V. Obinna. I admire him but I still support Goodluck Jonathan.
Re: Buhari - Live In Kano With Pictures! by seguno2: 4:19pm On Mar 30, 2011
Buhari's massive support in Kano is understandable.
Is that not where Abacha's first son is running as CPC governorship candidate?
Did honest and integrity man, General Buhari not declare along with other northern retired generals that Kano's eminent son, late General Abacha did not steal our money despite the seizures by OBJ from Abacha's foreign bank account  shocked  shocked  shocked
So much for the hypocrisy that is General Muhamadu Buhari.
Re: Buhari - Live In Kano With Pictures! by feelamong(m): 5:08pm On Mar 30, 2011
In a statement last weekend, the CPC said apart from the alleged inducement of delegates, the party was not also comfortable with Abacha’s candidature because of his numerous alleged indictments by the federal government and the United States of America, which it said he refused to disclose to the party.
“That the BOT noted, with dismay, the non-disclosure of the indictment of the same aspirant by a Swiss court of money laundering charges, fraud, mismanagement of public funds and belonging to a criminal organization; the Committee on Financial services of the US House of Representatives in 2002 and the Federal Government of Nigeria in which a plea bargain deal was struck leading to return of $1b to same, the statement, signed by the CPC National Publicity Secretary, Rotimi Fashikin alleged.
Fashikin further accused Abacha of offering through a proxy N1 million to the chairman of the party’s Kano state primary election committee, “with a promise for more.”

http://www.peoplesdaily-online.com/news/national-news/9408-buhari-fails-to-present-kano-guber-candidate

Buhari's stand on this matter is very clear,

Mohammed Abacha used money to induce the returning officer that conducted the state gov primaries for CPC, That is why BUHARI and other key officials of CPC have rejected his candidature,

Mohd Abacha went to the High and won, However CPC have appealed against the judgment, As you are aware, Buhari was in kano yesterday and he refused to hand over the flag to Mohd Abacha, He insist that Abacha would have to clear the corruption charges on his name, Is that not the markings of a Straight man, SAI BUHARI, One Vote for 2 Honest Men!!!!!
Re: Buhari - Live In Kano With Pictures! by aletheia(m): 5:12pm On Mar 30, 2011
^^Doublespeak, designed to deceive the feeble-minded. Why didn't they expel him from the party? After all, they can do that. They did not expel him because they are enjoying his money. Bunch of hypocrites!
Re: Buhari - Live In Kano With Pictures! by feelamong(m): 5:13pm On Mar 30, 2011
So @ SEGUNO, ONE THING IS CLEAR,

BUHARI HAS AND WOULD NEVER SUPPORT THE CANDIDATURE OF MOHD ABACHA grin

SAI BUHARI, VOTE CPC, VOTE FOR THE BB REVOLUTION,

ONE VOTE, TWO HONEST MEN!!!!!!!!
Re: Buhari - Live In Kano With Pictures! by dayokanu(m): 5:19pm On Mar 30, 2011
Sai Buhari
Re: Buhari - Live In Kano With Pictures! by okunoba(m): 5:25pm On Mar 30, 2011
Why is no one interested in what he had to say at the rally, it`s fair that supporters of Buhari want us to see pictures of their man with huge supporters, but one would think that what he had to say, his message of hope to the masses, would have been given prominence.  Sadly not one post as mentioned anything about policies nor his dream for these most wretcheds of God`s children. One can only assume he had non. His only message was Islam, the only thing given to these poor souls, just like they got sharia, but nothing else. How does he plan to empower the people and free them from the  Almajiri culture of abuse. When Buhari was presido, what did he do for these poor souls? In all his years in the corridor of power and great influence in Nigeria, especially in the North, did he at anytime try to educate and make the life of the almajiri better? No, no, no.  One only needs to visit the North, the facts are there for all to see.

The Almajiri support for Buhari comes from religious sentiment, not policies. In the life of an Almajiri, Islam is everything and in Buhari they see a fellow Muslim brother who is willing to fight for Allah. The Mosque is where they get their information from and trust me, the Imam would have drummed it to their hears many times , who was for Allah and his messenger. His supporters in the North are controlled by religion. They are usually indoctrinated  from a early age, hence taking away their ability to think critically without the teachings of Islam, as thought to  them by the Imams. These young kids graduate into religious zombies as adults, controlled by the Mosque/Imams, ready to be used for whatever the Leaders desire. This is the reason Buhari would rather give his supporters Sharia instead of western education. Sharia demands total obedience/submission, while Western education encourages critical thinking.  

Buhari is a spent force that should be confined to waste bin of history. In almost 20yrs of power, his biggest supporters, the Talakawa`s and the Almajiri are yet to benefit, they are still the poorest of the poor and least educated in Nigeria. I guess it`s better to keep them ignorant than to educate and free their minds from the shackles of Religious Dogma.  This is why these people are  so easily exploited by the elite. Buhari is part of that elite. Shall we  keep on being a willing tool in their game.

Buhari is a part of that horrible past. Goodluck is the transition, hopefully to a new and better beginning.
Re: Buhari - Live In Kano With Pictures! by seguno2: 5:28pm On Mar 30, 2011
@feelamong,

I am sure you think some of us are blind and can't see Mohammed Abacha's photo side by side with that of Buhari in the Kano campaign pics.

@okunoba,

they know Buhari has nothing to offer except the falsehood of being anti-corruption, integrity and honesty. YET noone is able to answer how he has financed three presidential elections- 2003, 2007 & 2011 and one Supreme court case with so many SAN lawyers.

[size=16pt]
U can fool some people some of the time BUT you cannot fool all the people all the time
[/size]
Re: Buhari - Live In Kano With Pictures! by sley4life(m): 6:28pm On Mar 30, 2011
those pix doesnt matter. we would know our president nxt week
Re: Buhari - Live In Kano With Pictures! by nich(m): 6:37pm On Mar 30, 2011
shocked   what were the people told would be going down at that arena that made them turn out in that number? they're even endangering their lives without knowing it: the 4th pix with people standing, squatting & sitting on the roof with another set directly underneath them.   angry  i'm so sure that roof was not designed for such a purpose!  angry 

what a shame!  sad   sad
Re: Buhari - Live In Kano With Pictures! by Wadeoye(m): 7:02pm On Mar 30, 2011
Look, Buhari does not need to say a word again. He has done it before and we know already what he will do if he becomes president of Nigeria. People only troop out to show their love for him and to send a signal to those that think politics is all about money that integrity is what a man need to have followers.
Re: Buhari - Live In Kano With Pictures! by 9ijaMan: 9:23pm On Mar 30, 2011
The change we seek has come to the people!
[size=80pt][center]Sai Buhari[/center][/size]
Re: Buhari - Live In Kano With Pictures! by jposuagwu: 9:55pm On Mar 30, 2011
Please the logo of CPC should be advertised and explained to the people. The illiterate voter may not understand the logo how much more when it is not being advertised. Voters are going to thumb on the logo only. How then will buhari supporters especially those not illiterate enough cast their votes to CPC when nothing is said about the logo. Again, more rallies and posters are needed in the south for Buhari. Agressive advertising and poster war will make a lot of difference. Up Buhari. Victory is sure for him - may the Almighty God see him through and may he end the circle of corruption in our nation.
Re: Buhari - Live In Kano With Pictures! by danjohn: 10:58pm On Mar 30, 2011
Here is the logo of the CPC

Re: Buhari - Live In Kano With Pictures! by Beaf: 11:18pm On Mar 30, 2011
[size=44pt]. . .But Buhari was too scared to debate! LOL!!!!!![/size]

www.nairaland.com/attachments/180447_ROTFLMAO_gif3d0c775232c7f27cf80592785b9635b6
Re: Buhari - Live In Kano With Pictures! by jposuagwu: 11:27pm On Mar 30, 2011
If in your simplistic thinking Buhari was too scared to debate, what do you say about Jonathan that ran away because he could get expo for the debate? We dont need orator as our president. We need action person, committed, patriotic, corruption free, a person concerned about the state of affairs in our nation. A person who will expunge corruption and restore order and make other things take shape for economic emancipation of our country and our people. Buhari is that person. He is tested and he is fit and ready to do the cleansing we badly need at this time. Please let the campaigns in Southern Nigeria be more vigorous and let the poster war begin. I want to see Buhari posters everywhere in Lagos and other parts of the southern Nigeria.
Re: Buhari - Live In Kano With Pictures! by 9jageek: 1:35am On Mar 31, 2011
Buhari Surely has more supporters than any of the candidates, but will that translate to winning in Nigeria?
Re: Buhari - Live In Kano With Pictures! by Adanora: 8:31am On Mar 31, 2011
Funny enough 95% of d crowd in Buhari's rallies are ALIMAJIRI'S. Buhari i pity u cos ure jus deceiving urself.

CPC crowd CPC crowd, how many of them are eligable to vote

FOOD FOR TOT
Re: Buhari - Live In Kano With Pictures! by botson(m): 9:36am On Mar 31, 2011
Change as come, lets embrace it by VOTE BB 4 president,
Re: Buhari - Live In Kano With Pictures! by bababuff(m): 10:31am On Mar 31, 2011
[size=18pt]Buhari is not going to be the president of Kano or Northern Nigeria only.

I want to see the so called "Massive Rally" from Abia, Rivers, Ogun and Akwa Ibom states too.

Bunch of clowns.[/size]
Re: Buhari - Live In Kano With Pictures! by PapaBrowne(m): 10:58am On Mar 31, 2011
[size=24pt]WHY IS THIS MAN IGNORING THE SOUTH [/size]
[size=16pt]WHY ARE THERE NO RALLIES IN LAGOS, AKURE, ASABA, ONITSHA, CALABAR, ENUGU, LOKOJA AND THE LIKE[/size]
Re: Buhari - Live In Kano With Pictures! by 9ijaMan: 11:27am On Mar 31, 2011
PapaBrowne:

[size=24pt]WHY IS THIS MAN IGNORING THE SOUTH [/size]
[size=16pt]WHY ARE THERE NO RALLIES IN LAGOS, AKURE, ASABA, ONITSHA, CALABAR, ENUGU, LOKOJA AND THE LIKE[/size]

Below are pixes showing Buhari at Lokoja township stadium!

[center]
[/center]

[center][/center]

[center][/center]

[center][size=60pt]Vote Buhari/Bakare 2011[/size] for the benefit of our nation and future generations.[/center]
Re: Buhari - Live In Kano With Pictures! by Wadeoye(m): 11:44am On Mar 31, 2011
Next week, Buhari will hit Lagos big time. You will see him campaign in Ogun as well. This last week is for SW.
Re: Buhari - Live In Kano With Pictures! by DTaj: 11:56am On Mar 31, 2011
I agree with PapaBrowne and a few others, These set of elections (2011) is the harbinger of gradual change from the culture of impunity by any ruling party. Governance (and real life-changing governance) would become the game changer in a few years,

Some of us have refrained from making high-sounding comments on the Presidential elections because it is so obvious that the battle against the power of  "the twin evils- ethnicity and religious bigotry"- had remained far from over. I shed silent tears when I read certain comments coming from otherwise educated minds within my generation (under 40 years-old), I had done massive canvassing at work and among other professionals and as much a I see hope, I also see a huge dose of disappointment, When asked to state the reasons behind their decision to vote for Goodluck, majority of people spoken to usually gave these 'hot-air, downright watery, obviously irrational' reasons- he hailed from a humble background, he's a minority, his parents were fishermen, he was a lecturer, he's a nice man, he's not opinionated, he's annointed, etc, etc, Could you imagine such issues being taken as the pivot for electing a President? The President of the most populous black nation!

Before people throw darts- I'm a professional, late 30s, married with children, fairly educated- first degree from a Naija Uni, MBA from a UK Uni, visited all the continents except Asia, never received any direct benefit from a party or a government, never closely met any government official beyond official occasions, Yoruba through and through, and from an extended parental background of Christains and Moslems, And I WILL VOTE BUHARI-BAKARE!!!

Majority of Nigerians agree that CORRPUTION remains at the root of the Nigerian scourge, the so-called 'Nigerian factor', If anyone seeks to remain trampled upon owing to the lure of filthy political money, pure religious bigotry, meaningless cultural affiliation, or any other sentimental emptiness, the individual may wish to vote PDP,

I agree that Jonathan appears humble; however, a man sorrounded by Tony Anenih, Ojo Maduekwe, Ibrahim Mantu, Metuh, Mike Oghaidome, and their ilk would not achieve anything considerable, EVEN IF HE MEANS WELL, I was at a public discourse earlier in the year when a popular economist/finance guru (who was in charge of Naija's Budget Office in the recent past) stated that NOTHING WILL IMPROVE IN NIGERIA IF PDP WON THE ELECTION BECAUSE OF HIS EXPERIENCE AT THE PRESIDENCY UNDER PDP!!!

My compatriots, let's check our souls, the inner recess of our minds, since PDP took the reins of power in 1999 (12 years and still counting), what had really changed in the lives of Nigerians? What had changed? Check the list- power, water, employment, agriculture (we spent $1 billion importing rice last year!), education, health, industrialization, poverty ratio, etc, etc,

As an aside, why was it practically impossible for BAT to supplant BRF with another candidate in the run-up to ACN primaries? Simple- that would have sounded the end of BAT's political career! This is so because in the history of Lagos state, aside from possibly Jakande, BRF appears to be the most loved Governor (based on performance of course), The other day, the ebullient and smooth-talking Governor of Niger State, Dr. Babangida Aliyu (of the PDP), stated at a public event that Nigeria would have been a virtual El-Dorado if we had 10 Fasholas! The Lagos PDP executive issued a press statement the next day and lampooned the Niger Governor! They felt bitter that a PDP Governor made a statement that could help an opposition (ACN) candidate win an election which was a few weeks away!!! But the poor Governor was speaking as a patriot, rather than a selfish interested party animal,

In this election, we could possibly be better off voting individuals rather than their parties, God Bless Nigeria and He should give us the Grace to discern the best for our tomorrow and the tomorrow of our children and children's children,

On April 9 2011, VOTE BUHARI-BAKARE, VOTE FOR INTEGRITY, VOTE FOR PROTECTION OF YOUR FUTURE!!!
Re: Buhari - Live In Kano With Pictures! by koyuid(m): 12:06pm On Mar 31, 2011
Lokoja stood still yesterday for BUHARI
Re: Buhari - Live In Kano With Pictures! by Nobody: 12:20pm On Mar 31, 2011
Up Buhari
Re: Buhari - Live In Kano With Pictures! by princeonx: 3:24pm On Mar 31, 2011
And what a f4k is that dirty red join-join carpet doing there?
Re: Buhari - Live In Kano With Pictures! by bkbabe97y(m): 3:35pm On Mar 31, 2011
Theres no way in hell PDP can win this election without rigging. I just dont see it!
Re: Buhari - Live In Kano With Pictures! by slimghost(m): 3:51pm On Mar 31, 2011
Buncha clowns!!!! grin grin grin grin Come May, Buhari will bw sworn in as the President of Northern Nigeria. Yall should stop deceiving urselfs. grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

‘7 Wells Drilled In Bida Basin Show Signs Of Oil’ - Ramatu Yar’Adua / General Buhari : A Hero Or Villain / PDP, ANPP, Slam Okorocha For Closing Schools, Markets For Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.