Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,239 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:32 AM

Buhari - Live In Kano With Pictures! - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari - Live In Kano With Pictures! (10838 Views)

APC Youth Forum With Buhari-live Pictures / Muhammadu Buhari Live – How Impressed Was I ? / Buhari Live On Channels TV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari - Live In Kano With Pictures! by 9ijaMan: 5:38pm On Mar 31, 2011
DTaj:

I agree with PapaBrowne and a few others, These set of elections (2011) is the harbinger of gradual change from the culture of impunity by any ruling party. Governance (and real life-changing governance) would become the game changer in a few years,

Some of us have refrained from making high-sounding comments on the Presidential elections because it is so obvious that the battle against the power of  "the twin evils- ethnicity and religious bigotry"- had remained far from over. I shed silent tears when I read certain comments coming from otherwise educated minds within my generation (under 40 years-old), I had done massive canvassing at work and among other professionals and as much a I see hope, I also see a huge dose of disappointment, When asked to state the reasons behind their decision to vote for Goodluck, majority of people spoken to usually gave these 'hot-air, downright watery, obviously irrational' reasons- he hailed from a humble background, he's a minority, his parents were fishermen, he was a lecturer, he's a nice man, he's not opinionated, he's annointed, etc, etc, Could you imagine such issues being taken as the pivot for electing a President? The President of the most populous black nation!

Before people throw darts- I'm a professional, late 30s, married with children, fairly educated- first degree from a Naija Uni, MBA from a UK Uni, visited all the continents except Asia, never received any direct benefit from a party or a government, never closely met any government official beyond official occasions, Yoruba through and through, and from an extended parental background of Christains and Moslems,  And I WILL VOTE BUHARI-BAKARE!!!

Majority of Nigerians agree that CORRPUTION remains at the root of the Nigerian scourge, the so-called 'Nigerian factor', If anyone seeks to remain trampled upon owing to the lure of filthy political money, pure religious bigotry, meaningless cultural affiliation, or any other sentimental emptiness, the individual may wish to vote PDP,

I agree that Jonathan appears humble; however, a man sorrounded by Tony Anenih, Ojo Maduekwe, Ibrahim Mantu, Metuh, Mike Oghaidome, and their ilk would not achieve anything considerable, EVEN IF HE MEANS WELL, I was at a public discourse earlier in the year when a popular economist/finance guru (who was in charge of Naija's Budget Office in the recent past) stated that NOTHING WILL IMPROVE IN NIGERIA IF PDP WON THE ELECTION BECAUSE OF HIS EXPERIENCE AT THE PRESIDENCY UNDER PDP!!!

My compatriots, let's check our souls, the inner recess of our minds, since PDP took the reins of power in 1999 (12 years and still counting), what had really changed in the lives of Nigerians? What had changed? Check the list- power, water, employment, agriculture (we spent $1 billion importing rice last year!), education, health, industrialization, poverty ratio, etc, etc,

As an aside, why was it practically impossible for BAT to supplant BRF with another candidate in the run-up to ACN primaries? Simple- that would have sounded the end of BAT's political career! This is so because in the history of Lagos state, aside from possibly Jakande, BRF appears to be the most loved Governor (based on performance of course),  The other day, the ebullient and smooth-talking Governor of Niger State, Dr. Babangida Aliyu (of the PDP), stated at a public event that Nigeria would have been a virtual El-Dorado if we had 10 Fasholas! The Lagos PDP executive issued a press statement the next day and lampooned the Niger Governor! They felt bitter that a PDP Governor made a statement that could help an opposition (ACN) candidate win an election which was a few weeks away!!! But the poor Governor was speaking as a patriot, rather than a selfish interested party animal,

In this election, we could possibly be better off voting individuals rather than their parties, God Bless Nigeria and He should give us the Grace to discern the best for our tomorrow and the tomorrow of our children and children's children,

On April 9 2011, VOTE BUHARI-BAKARE, VOTE FOR INTEGRITY, VOTE FOR PROTECTION OF YOUR FUTURE!!!

Beside the comment you made about Papabrowne (a GEJ apologist), reading through your post seemed like you were referring to me and a lot of my friends. The other difference is that unlike you, the only continent I've not been to/lived in is South America. The level of infrastructural development I have witnessed in Asia indeed makes me feel terribly ashamed of our leaders.

I have a couple of Malaysian colleagues at work, who poke fun at us (Nigerians) for the sole reason of our underdevelopment. These Malaysians cannot comprehend the reason why a country (Nigeria) that sent a few agriculturists to Malaysia in the 1960s to teach them how to make money from Oil Palm, has continued to wallow in poverty and unable to make the best out of the same commodity. In 2009 Malaysia made about 50 billion Ringgits (roughly 2.25 trillion Naira) from oil palm alone. That figure is almost half of the Budget for Nigeria in 2011.

Nigerians need to come out en-mass to vote out PDP at least at the presidency level.
Re: Buhari - Live In Kano With Pictures! by Nobody: 5:49pm On Mar 31, 2011
^^ Progressive change is coming my brother, it is coming !!!
Re: Buhari - Live In Kano With Pictures! by terbz(m): 8:59am On Apr 01, 2011
we need change PDP most goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Re: Buhari - Live In Kano With Pictures! by gadogado(m): 9:31am On Apr 01, 2011
Re: Buhari - Live In Kano With Pictures! by Nobody: 12:18pm On Apr 01, 2011
Up CPC / Buhari
Re: Buhari - Live In Kano With Pictures! by recoome(m): 12:46am On Apr 02, 2011
PDP, power, we will win at all cost, come may 29 when GEJ is sworn-in, u guys are free 2 pack out of Nigeria, Buhari has only the core north(NE/NW) and not the NC. Of the NW 20million voters, no less than 6 million are Igbos and we are voting 4 GEJ, is it the almajiris that dont even know what colour blue or black is dat will vote 4 buhari? Most of them dont even know the reason 4 the gathering, they just went there becos buhari is there. GEJ has also pulled massive crowds in kano, zamfara, kebbi, jigawa. When GEJ went 2 lokoja, the whole town reverberated, in ilorin,it was phenomenol, makurdi was also exceptional & jos was the icing on the cake.GEJ shook onitsha, aba, umuahia, owerri, awka, p/h, yenagoa, benin, enugu, abakaliki, calabar, ibadan, lagos, abeokuta, uyo, minna, maiduguri, jalingo, yola, damaturu, bauchi etc. We are unstoppable, even if all the opposition came 2geda, it would even be a plus 4 our victory, GEJ MUST WIN, GEJ WILL WIN, GEJ HAS WON!!!
Re: Buhari - Live In Kano With Pictures! by efisher(m): 1:02am On Apr 02, 2011
For those who play "CROWD POLITICS", this is something for you to think about.

"Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts"

The attached picture shows the Plateau State Labour Party  governorship candidate, Mrs. Pauline Tallen, at a rally in Jos.

Re: Buhari - Live In Kano With Pictures! by seal777(m): 1:17am On Apr 02, 2011
Has anyone noticed that the first words that comes out from our detractors re: BB , BUHARI , BAKARE OR CPC, The BB team is playing the mind game perfectly well, Very soon u guys will be dreaming with those words.
THANKS FOR MAKING US POPULAR.
Re: Buhari - Live In Kano With Pictures! by honeric01(m): 3:52pm On Apr 02, 2011
The fear of Buhari is the beginning of wisdom to pdp and criminals alike.
Re: Buhari - Live In Kano With Pictures! by aletheia(m): 4:23pm On Apr 02, 2011
^How about this criminal?

Re: Buhari - Live In Kano With Pictures! by jydor: 10:07pm On Apr 05, 2011
i see BB as the next president of Nigeria.
Re: Buhari - Live In Kano With Pictures! by Ejine(m): 2:33pm On Feb 19, 2013
See how these people really deceived themselves? grin

You dey shout "See crowd" but forgot about the fact that the crowd was 85% underage almajiris grin

Yet, you were hoping to win the election.

I dey laugh ooooooo! grin

A repeat of this incident is coming soon. cool
Re: Buhari - Live In Kano With Pictures! by Ejine(m): 2:34pm On Feb 19, 2013
seal777: Has anyone noticed that the first words that comes out from our detractors re: BB , BUHARI , BAKARE OR CPC, The BB team is playing the mind game perfectly well, Very soon u guys will be dreaming with those words.
THANKS FOR MAKING US POPULAR.

So bros, how far naa? How market? grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

PDP, ANPP, Slam Okorocha For Closing Schools, Markets For Birthday / Who Writes President Jonathan's Speeches? / Supreme Court Upholds Right of Female Child to Inherit Properties in Igboland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.