Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,851 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:38 AM

"Relocating To Canada Is A Huge Achievement" - Nigerians - Travel (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / "Relocating To Canada Is A Huge Achievement" - Nigerians (88814 Views)

Small Car Spotted Carrying A Huge Container On A Nigerian Road (Photo, Video) / Canada Is ‘Stealing’ Our Young People! / Small Car Conveys A Huge Metal Kiosk In Port Harcourt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Relocating To Canada Is A Huge Achievement" - Nigerians by Debra911(f): 4:25pm On Jan 04, 2021
Hassanmaye:

Masters?
No, mbbs

1 Like

Re: "Relocating To Canada Is A Huge Achievement" - Nigerians by Hassanmaye(m): 4:27pm On Jan 04, 2021
BigDawsNet:

Omg grin

Nigerian are the same

Can't u read carefully

This story is not mine
But a random fact story

And getting a loan in the first world country is as normal as get a table water

In nigeria we see it as a big deal

Achieving those things as an average american without loans is impossible...

You can choose not to apply... No one will hold you

That is the annoying fact in Nigeria to access a loan of common 200k is a big wahala, this country...

2 Likes

Re: "Relocating To Canada Is A Huge Achievement" - Nigerians by Hassanmaye(m): 4:27pm On Jan 04, 2021
planetx:
Nothing special about Canada. Until you get there and the realities of living in Canada hit you, but for now enjoy your little fantasies.
Are you serious my friend
Re: "Relocating To Canada Is A Huge Achievement" - Nigerians by Nobody: 4:32pm On Jan 04, 2021
Hassanmaye:

Kai aminu ka taba futa wajen naija ne
no i dont hv money to do that they think its easy

1 Like

Re: "Relocating To Canada Is A Huge Achievement" - Nigerians by Wiifesnatcher(m): 4:35pm On Jan 04, 2021
VeeVeeMyLuv:
Nigeria and some countries were at same level of development some decades ago, today they have overtaken Nigeria leaving her behind.

So are u trying to tell me that u are comfortable with the way the leaders are squeezing the neck of Nigerians in a chokehold and trying to snuff the life out of the citizens? Except u are one the politicians your self.

lolz! is all America economy policies favouring all Americans. Nigeria leaders incompetencies is still not an excuse to be a slave in foreign land

we will be here to fight for it till it lead to revolution where Everyone will either go their own way or restructure but that won't happened if all Nigerians most esp the youths exit this country to be a slaves

3 Likes

Re: "Relocating To Canada Is A Huge Achievement" - Nigerians by Oluwaseun2020(m): 4:36pm On Jan 04, 2021
humilitypays:
Keep on dreaming to be like Dangote.

Dangote was destined by nature to be among the 0.1% privileged rich blacks.

Dangote is not smart or did he do anything extraordinary to become who he is today. He is even dull if you know him closely. He was only born into a generation of wealthy merchant family and it is normal for him to become rich and richer.

Go and read about his family lineage.

Same applies to Otedola, Adenuga, Tinubu and co. All of them inherited their wealth.

So stop using them to hold yourself down in Nigeria if you have a legal opportunity to migrate and give your future children and grandchildren a better chance of life. Do it for their sake, unless you are among the 0.1% privileged rich Nigerians or middle-class

Im not holding myself down...
Dangote is one of millions of rich kids who stood on their own...and made it...
You talk about he is dull...thats why ppl chase bsc and degree and all that and still end up cleaning his shoes

Wizkid isnt from a very rich home..
He made it here
He didn't have bsc
But he can employ one
Nairaland owner is not from super rich ...in fact he was poor...
He didnt have bsc
But alot of them work for him...
Bill gates didn't have bsc
what he had was an idea and je chased it and got it

The nairaland guy
How did he make it here. ..
he lives here in Nigeria even thou he has opportunity to dash out....
He is making the cash...?
he wont live Nigeria for anywhere in the world. ..

its hard to make it abroad in business or any sector because its hard to stand out...
Alot of well established companies are out there and well equipped that you will rather buy them with excessive cash than try to build. ..

You saw dangote trying to buy arsenal. ..in a few months he will get his back..

in Nigeria you can build from scratch and grow big if your idea is good and make good money. .
ive seen ppl tag big musicians and sell their products and make good cash...

Our laws are in baby class not in that foreign realm
we are a growing economy. ...

We have population for large sales and profit...
The owner of Gokada sold it for good money. ..
But the buyers made bigger money
why? he didn't know what he had...

if this nairaland guy had quited like most Nigerians and sell when he was offered a million dollars. ..
and relocated abroad. ..
He wont be a multi-million dollar company owner by now...
But he understands what he had...
He stayed in Nigeria and build...
and made it big...

if he had gone his destiny would have diminished. ..
maybe working for some company that gives him 10 thousands dollars per month..

If dangote had ran away at his first one million dollars. ..
He wont be a billionaire today...
i bet it with you....

You can easily make it abroad. ..
but if you make it here...
You will be far Better off. ..

and finally put God first in all you do...
He will help you with ideas...
Because thats what runs the world...
If you check history.

Whatever you do always try to stand out..
if you make a flying car today. .tomorrow you a billionaire.

In you endeavor try to stand out..
if the process is fast try to make it faster and people will run to you

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Relocating To Canada Is A Huge Achievement" - Nigerians by 79733139(m): 4:36pm On Jan 04, 2021
And when they get there, it is extremely difficult to beat their system because their law enforcement is more than 10 times better (and more efficient) than ours.

subcbouy:
Do you think intelligent and crooked Nigerians don't have a certificate.
Re: "Relocating To Canada Is A Huge Achievement" - Nigerians by 79733139(m): 4:40pm On Jan 04, 2021
You first have to get either visitor or tourist visa to Canada or USA first... and those two countries make it very difficult for Nigerians below a certain income level to get them.

britiko:

The loophole is d assylum seekers. Most comes in with fabricated lies to constitute a nuisance.
You hear some lies and forget ur name
Re: "Relocating To Canada Is A Huge Achievement" - Nigerians by Tywo2018: 4:47pm On Jan 04, 2021
I will never forget my first trip abroad before then i was thinking ﹰNigeria is manageable little did i know that we are suffering. Is it the moment i arrive the airport and straight to the turnnel when i see train i say ﹰGod almighty whats going on in my country abi na the food. My advise if u have your tete japa ooo opportunities are laying fowl there no time please
Re: "Relocating To Canada Is A Huge Achievement" - Nigerians by collum(m): 4:47pm On Jan 04, 2021
BigDawsNet:
I WISH YOU ALL SUCCESS!!!!!

credit to citizens is a thoughtful, and strategic planning tool by a reasonable government. No body lives forever, therefore allow the citizens live a great life why alive. government don't arrest u for defaults, they only provide u job to repay

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Relocating To Canada Is A Huge Achievement" - Nigerians by BigDawsNet: 4:48pm On Jan 04, 2021
collum:

credit to citizens is a thoughtful, and strategic planning tool by a reasonable government. No body lives forever, therefore allow the citizens live a great life why alive. government don't arrest u for defaults, they only provide u job to repay

English pls
Re: "Relocating To Canada Is A Huge Achievement" - Nigerians by collum(m): 4:51pm On Jan 04, 2021
BigDawsNet:

English pls

I doubt if u can read and understand simple English...point to where you feel need correction
Re: "Relocating To Canada Is A Huge Achievement" - Nigerians by humilitypays(m): 4:51pm On Jan 04, 2021
Oluwaseun2020:

Im not holding myself down...
Dangote is one of millions of rich kids who stood on their own...and made it...
You talk about he is dull...thats why ppl chase bsc and degree and all that and still end up cleaning his shoes

Wizkid isnt from a very rich home..
He made it here
He didn't have bsc
But he can employ one
Nairaland owner is not from super rich ...in fact he was poor...
He didnt have bsc
But alot of them work for him...
Bill gates didn't have bsc
what he had was an idea and je chased it and got it

The nairaland guy
How did he make it here. ..
he lives here in Nigeria even thou he has opportunity to dash out....
He is making the cash...?
he wont live Nigeria for anywhere in the world. ..

its hard to make it abroad in business or any sector because its hard to stand out...
Alot of well established companies are out there and well equipped that you will rather buy them with excessive cash than try to build. ..

You saw dangote trying to buy arsenal. ..in a few months he will get his back..

in Nigeria you can build from scratch and grow big if your idea is good and make good money. .
ive seen ppl tag big musicians and sell their products and make good cash...

Our laws are in baby class not in that foreign realm
we are a growing economy. ...

We have population for large sales and profit...
The owner of Gokada sold it for good money. ..
But the buyers made bigger money
why? he didn't know what he had...

if this nairaland guy had quited like most Nigerians and sell when he was offered a million dollars. ..
and relocated abroad. ..
He wont be a multi-million dollar company owner by now...
But he understands what he had...
He stayed in Nigeria and build...
and made it big...

if he had gone his destiny would have diminished. ..
maybe working for some company that gives him 10 thousands dollars per month..

If dangote had ran away at his first one million dollars. ..
He wont be a billionaire today...
i bet it with you....

You can easily make it abroad. ..
but if you make it here...
You will be far Better off. ..

and finally put God first in all you do...
He will help you with ideas...
Because thats what runs the world...
If you check history.

Whatever you do always try to stand out..
if you make a flying car today. .tomorrow you a billionaire.

In you endeavor try to stand out..
if the process is fast try to make it faster and people will run to you
I love your response and your references, you made some valid points I quite agree.

Leave Dangote out of this, his case is different. His family was among the richest West African families as far back as 1950s. Stop using Dangote to encourage average Nigerians, he was never an average Nigerian. Dangote was a highly privileged Nigerian, his success had little or nothing to do with his personal effort and hardwork. His family background and tribe in Nigeria made him who he is today, so leave him out of this.

Wizkid was talented. Seun Osewa was talented, and also privileged to know about computer and programming early enough. He wasn't born poor pls, go and find out. Now ask yourself how many Nigerians are naturally talented like Wizkid?

In sane countries with working system, you must not be highly talented or privileged to succeed and live a good and fulfilling life.

The effort you are putting in Nigeria, if you put half of it in a sane nation, you will go global.

Do you know if Seun Osewa happen to have been born in the US, maybe he would have been one of the founders of top 10 global tech firms like Google, Paypal, etc rather than a locally famous forum?

Nigeria have murdered so many dreams and talents, and still doing the same today.

If you check the efforts you have put in as a Nigerian living in Nigeria, if you put half of it abroad, you will do exploits

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Relocating To Canada Is A Huge Achievement" - Nigerians by Wiifesnatcher(m): 4:52pm On Jan 04, 2021
LutanFyah:
I said I'm in Europe not America. Besides, even if I'm in America, you could only mention gun control problem but I mentioned more than ten that is plaguing your shithole and I could mention more if I want.

While "dragging" your generator this night,please watch out for hernia. LOLS

I guess, too much inhaling of generator fumes have made you so daft that you still can't type very well in a public forum despite going to school for 4yrs.

Please, go and register for NIN before your slave master blocks your line because the youths protested against police brutality and they were scared how the brave young men and women got their numbers and while at it don't contract Corona virus cos your foolish leaders cannot afford the vaccine and they are waiting for free vaccine from EUROPE AND AMERICA . LOLS

Slave, your politicians have taken your shithole into recession twice in just few years.

Slave,your politicians will still share #2000, rice ,oil, beans etc for you and your fellow slaves to vote them again

Slave, your leaders are hiding palliatives (garri, beans, noodles etc) DONATED by citizens and you couldn't do anything to the thieving politicians.

Slave, in 2021, water is still a luxury to most of your countrymen.

Slave, your leaders made you the poverty capital of the world.

A for apple

B for Ball bla bla

@bolded I hope you've your complete papers as refugee? I'll rather be dragging my generator than to be doing hide&seek because of papers in foreign land and mind you I've 18hrs power supply at my end here. so say another story dummy

all this your jargons won't convince me that you're not a slave, so I give no damn about your crocodile tears

I'm not going to be a slave in foreign land and I don't care how you and your 21 century ediots feel about it

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Relocating To Canada Is A Huge Achievement" - Nigerians by subcbouy: 4:54pm On Jan 04, 2021
79733139:
And when they get there, it is extremely difficult to beat their system because their law enforcement is more than 10 better (and more efficient) than ours.

Exactly when you have enrolled in their database, you can't beat the system like ours.
Re: "Relocating To Canada Is A Huge Achievement" - Nigerians by mechanics(m): 4:59pm On Jan 04, 2021
Going there is not only the issue but finding what to do over there, not everyone is finding it easy over there as you think.
Re: "Relocating To Canada Is A Huge Achievement" - Nigerians by Nobody: 5:04pm On Jan 04, 2021
sharpwriter:

The country divide soon! Very soon! And the remnants of the country shall birth new nations. These new nations from the regions that have sense shall be developed by the very people that lives and lived in the same abroad people are running to.

This shall happen because these developers are those who have sense among the ones dwelling in abroad because they know it is not normal for Africans to be there.
grin grin you make alot of sense, but it is normal to migrate from country to country, if and when the new nations emerges, and develops as you have said, i am sure you would want some foreigners to migrate to yours or these new nations, I was born outside nigeria but i would want to relocate to nigeria, Nigeria has so much potentials in business and otherwise. But you can only see these potentials from outside nigeria. Most Nigerian dwellers can not see it while living there. These countries some Nigerians are running to do not have any natural resources they may be developed in terms of infrastructures and organised but they have nothing! all the natural resources are in Africa/nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: "Relocating To Canada Is A Huge Achievement" - Nigerians by Bennysam: 5:04pm On Jan 04, 2021
Olunmercy56:
cry sad Oh Lord, I need your help to relocate abroad this year Lord embarassed
Without a man that’s impossible, that’s why men are very important is a woman life , argue with yourself
Re: "Relocating To Canada Is A Huge Achievement" - Nigerians by bizzibodi(m): 5:12pm On Jan 04, 2021
lekki1444:
somewhat
So bring it let me double it for you.
Re: "Relocating To Canada Is A Huge Achievement" - Nigerians by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 5:12pm On Jan 04, 2021
subcbouy:
Exactly when you have enrolled in their database, you can beat the system like ours.
no u got it wrong

What he is trying to say is that a strong system is in place to prevent and checkmate Nigerians who have the hidden agenda of using their corrupted bush wayward worwor and backward lifestyle to disrupt and destabilize the way of life in Canada.

1 Like

Re: "Relocating To Canada Is A Huge Achievement" - Nigerians by int0x80(m): 5:13pm On Jan 04, 2021
bfire:

You're very correct.

So many Nigerians from England, USA are here in Canada in the past 5yrs. Their numbers is scary
Why should anybody leave US for Canada, unless the person is an illegal immigrant in the US? There are more opportunities in US than Canada and better salaries as well.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Relocating To Canada Is A Huge Achievement" - Nigerians by sharpwriter(m): 5:15pm On Jan 04, 2021
gypsey:
grin grin you make alot of sense, but it is normal to migrate from country to country, if and when the new nations emerges, and develops as you have said, i am sure you would want some foreigners to migrate to yours or these new nations, I was born outside nigeria but i would want to relocate to nigeria, Nigeria has so much potentials in business and otherwise. But you can only see these potentials from outside nigeria. Most Nigerian dwellers can not see it while living there. These countries some Nigerians are running to do not have any natural resources they may be developed in terms of infrastructures and organised but they have nothing! all the natural resources are in Africa/nigeria.

Ha, Bros, I didn't know you were the one I quoted. Oya, wey ma Xmas and new year give away smiley

And as regards my post, I understand you. What I meant is that it's not normal to abandon our lands while we go and forget ourselves there without remembering our origin. Very soon, these bastard leaders shall be uprooted, not without a terrible and blood squeezing struggle though.
Re: "Relocating To Canada Is A Huge Achievement" - Nigerians by Redman44(m): 5:18pm On Jan 04, 2021
mechanics:
Going there is not only the issue but finding what to do over there, not everyone is finding it easy over there as you think.

Hi, get skilled up when you get to Canada. You should try and do what other Nigerians are not doing in Canada cool cool cool. What stops you from moving to a Province like Saskatchewan or a Farming Community in Alberta ? You should try and work on a Canadian Farm and start gaining useful experience there. Canada is great when it comes to Agriculture. You can learn how to raise farm animals or plant crops in a very advanced way. I am sure Farmers over there will pay you good money if you can do basic plumbing or carpentry for them on the farm. Besides, you might get free accommodation on the farm. You can also start a business in those unknown provinces in Canada. Especially a Cleaning Business or Roof Mending/Carpentry Business. Don't work as a Cleaner for any Agency or Company. Start your own Cleaning Business/Company in Canada. Be different from 98% of Nigerians in Canada. Cheers.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Relocating To Canada Is A Huge Achievement" - Nigerians by subcbouy: 5:20pm On Jan 04, 2021
VeeVeeMyLuv:
no u got it wrong

What he is trying to say is that a strong system is in place to prevent and checkmate Nigerians who have the hidden agenda of using their corrupted bush wayward worwor and backward lifestyle to disrupt and destabilize the way of life in Canada.
I certainly mean you can't beat the system like ours. it was an error on my side.
Re: "Relocating To Canada Is A Huge Achievement" - Nigerians by subcbouy: 5:24pm On Jan 04, 2021
int0x80:
Why should anybody leave the US for Canada, unless the person is an illegal immigrant in the US? There are more opportunities in the US than in Canada and better salaries as well.
Nope! Canada is safer to live in than in the US for now.
Re: "Relocating To Canada Is A Huge Achievement" - Nigerians by BigDawsNet: 5:27pm On Jan 04, 2021
int0x80:
Why should anybody leave US for Canada, unless the person is an illegal immigrant in the US? There are more opportunities in US than Canada and better salaries as well.

Absolutely more opportunity in the US than canada... But some people just wanna explorer and when it comes to benefits canada will give you more than the US

1 Like

Re: "Relocating To Canada Is A Huge Achievement" - Nigerians by bfire(m): 5:27pm On Jan 04, 2021
int0x80:

You are entitled to your own opinion.

Though, you are right on the "paper thing", must of them don't have
any legal status in USA.
Re: "Relocating To Canada Is A Huge Achievement" - Nigerians by salford1: 5:28pm On Jan 04, 2021
Debra911:

Okay, this is like roughly 6yrs ahead. Studying medicine in US are way much expensive, carribean universities are better options
The Carribean is not a cheap option too Sha. Circa $25,000 per semester. Then if you intend to move to the US to practice. It can be incredibly tough to get matched to a residency program. Life is all about taking risk and chances. If you have faith and put your heart to it, the lines would fall in pleasant places.
Re: "Relocating To Canada Is A Huge Achievement" - Nigerians by Yuceeluv(f): 5:31pm On Jan 04, 2021
Please come and take me away. grin

bfire:

There's ample opportunity to those relocating to Canada the next 5yrs; 2020 numbers of immigrant were not upto 30% filled.

Come make I take u there cheesy
Re: "Relocating To Canada Is A Huge Achievement" - Nigerians by Yuceeluv(f): 5:31pm On Jan 04, 2021
Soon...On God!.

maoolamik:

————————————————————-
Big truth.You guys should come .So i can have more friends to party with here
Re: "Relocating To Canada Is A Huge Achievement" - Nigerians by lekki1444: 5:36pm On Jan 04, 2021
bizzibodi:

So bring it let me double it for you.
gimme your akant number and bvn and phone number and home address and your full name so i can send it to you grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

My Class This Morning In Canada / Security Stops Vehicles With Passengers Hidden Among Animals In Kaduna (Photos) / New BRT Seating Arrangement As Lagos Eases Lockdown On Monday (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.