Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,285 members, 7,818,960 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:00 AM

Jehohah Witnesses Won't Kill Me With Laugh Ooo - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jehohah Witnesses Won't Kill Me With Laugh Ooo (1200 Views)

BBC Interview With Olufunmilayo Adebayo (Mummy G.O.) - "They Want To Kill Me" / Testimony Of How A Herbalist Who Tried To Kill Me Died Instead Of Me / Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jehohah Witnesses Won't Kill Me With Laugh Ooo by vybzkartel: 7:40am On Jan 04, 2021
grin

So I was engaged in a discussion with a jw friend
And he left me in stitches grin grin

I asked him if God is All-Knowing

To my utter shock, he told me NO

I asked him to prove with Scriptures and he cited this:

Genesis 22:11-12

[11]But the Angel of the Lord called to him from heaven and said, “Abraham, Abraham!” So he said, “Here I am.”

[12]And He said, “Do not lay your hand on the lad, or do anything to him; for now I know that you fear God, since you have not withheld your son, your only son, from Me.”

According to him, the bolded implies that God doesn't know ALL things as popularly believed grin

JWs won't kill me oooo grin

Well,. Maybe they don't see the following in their concocted NEW WORLD ORDER TRanslation:

O LORD, you have searched me and known me. You know when I sit down and when I rise up; [/b]you discern my thoughts from far away. You search out my path and my lying down, and are acquainted with all my ways. Even before a word is on my tongue, O LORD, you know it completely. You hem me in, behind and before, and lay your hand upon me. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is so high that I cannot attain it (Psalm 139:1-6).

Great is our Lord, and mighty in power; his understanding is infinite (Psalm 147:5).

For if our heart condemn us, God is greater than our heart, and knows all things (1 John 3:20).

[b]The eyes of the LORD are in every place
, keeping watch on the evil and the good (Proverbs 15:3).

wondrous works of him who is perfect in knowledge (Job 37:16).

For he knows those who are worthless, and he sees iniquity without investigating (Job 11:11).

Abraham will surely become a great and powerful nation, and all nations on earth will be blessed through him. For I have chosen him, so that he will direct his children and his household after him to keep the way of the LORD by doing what is right and just, so that the LORD will bring about for Abraham what he has promised him (Genesis 18:18,19).

And they say, "How can God know? Is there knowledge in the Most High?" Such are the wicked; always at ease, they increase in riches (Psalm 73:11,12).

1 Like

Re: Jehohah Witnesses Won't Kill Me With Laugh Ooo by Burstscam: 7:47am On Jan 04, 2021
You may choose to use your head like the JWs or remain otherwise. Why did God have to test him if he knew already that he was faithful? Did God know that Eve and Adam were going to eat the forbidden fruit beforehand? Why did God say He "regretted creating man" in Gen. 6:6? Did God know that one of his angels would turn to Satan beforehand?

Oga use your head o

2 Likes

Re: Jehohah Witnesses Won't Kill Me With Laugh Ooo by NeoWanZaeed(m): 7:57am On Jan 04, 2021
christian god is n0t all kn0wing and fears. . .the jw is right though . . . . . Laughing . . Mumu people . . A dey wait catholic to quote their bible o
Re: Jehohah Witnesses Won't Kill Me With Laugh Ooo by Vinceobrian(m): 8:28am On Jan 04, 2021
God chooses to know what ever he want to know.... remember the story of lot, he sends his Angles there to check if there's a righteous person there before he destroyed the city.....he choose not to know that part.

1 Like

Re: Jehohah Witnesses Won't Kill Me With Laugh Ooo by AntiChristian: 9:52am On Jan 04, 2021
The three in one God of the Christians are a contradiction when it comes to being omniscient.

The father is all-knowing but not the son and the spirit.

Mark 13:32
"But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.

God knows all things

Psalm 147:5
Great is our Lord and abundant in strength;
His understanding is infinite.

1 John 3:20
in whatever our heart condemns us; for God is greater than our heart and knows all things.

Matthew 10:30
But the very hairs of your head are all numbered.

Hebrews 4:13
And there is no creature hidden from His sight, but all things are open and laid bare to the eyes of Him with whom we have to do.

But how will God regret when He knows everything beforehand?

Genesis 6:6
The LORD regretted that he had made human beings on the earth, and his heart was deeply troubled.
Re: Jehohah Witnesses Won't Kill Me With Laugh Ooo by DoubleEngine007: 9:59am On Jan 04, 2021
Some of them no strong,why you come dey burst their code grin Badt guy..

Na so one man confused one ,when I dey park dey travel one day. I had to help her out,cux the man was ready to confuse d anty with scriptures.. I just like them for one thing,that walking around inside sun and rain. E no easy ,them dey try

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jehohah Witnesses Won't Kill Me With Laugh Ooo by cassidy1996(m): 10:18am On Jan 04, 2021
I nor sabi talk for this kind matter
Re: Jehohah Witnesses Won't Kill Me With Laugh Ooo by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:43am On Jan 04, 2021
JEHOVAH is Holy and because of this he decided not to continue looking at all the things humans are doing because it will cause him grief!

There are so many instances that proves he is not all knowing. The case of Abraham mentioned is one, think of what happened at Sodom and Gomorrah where he said "their reports have come to me but i want to go out there and VERIFY" Genesis 18:20-21

Habakkuk said God's eyes are too pure to look unto evil deeds {Habakkuk 1:13} definitely there are many things happening that he's not even aware. But his angels are monitoring the activities of his people globally, they're the ones returning to give him reports of what's happening in all the corners of the earth!

So your JW friend was right it's not that God is not capable of knowing everything but he only restricted himself to certain things because as Habakkuk puts it His eyes are too pure to look unto evil and that's what is happening everywhere today! smiley

May you have PEACE! smiley

1 Like

Re: Jehohah Witnesses Won't Kill Me With Laugh Ooo by vybzkartel: 11:29am On Jan 04, 2021
DoubleEngine007:
Some of them no strong,why you come dey burst their code grin Badt guy..

Na so one man confused one ,when I dey park dey travel one day. I had to help her out,cux the man was ready to confuse d anty with scriptures.. I just like them for one thing,that walking around inside sun and rain. E no easy ,them dey try

grin

Their god Satan doesn't know all things
Re: Jehohah Witnesses Won't Kill Me With Laugh Ooo by DoubleEngine007: 11:32am On Jan 04, 2021
vybzkartel:

grin

Their god Satan doesn't know all things
Who told you that Satan is their god

I don't know what you are talking about bros cool
Re: Jehohah Witnesses Won't Kill Me With Laugh Ooo by vybzkartel: 11:35am On Jan 04, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
JEHOVAH is Holy and because of this he decided not to continue looking at all the things humans are doing because it will cause him grief!

There are so many instances that proves he is not all knowing. [/b]The case of Abraham mentioned is one, think of what happened at Sodom and Gomorrah where he said [b]"their reports have come to me but i want to go out there and VERIFY" Genesis 18:20-21

Habakkuk said God's eyes are too pure to look unto evil deeds {Habakkuk 1:13} definitely there are many things happening that he's not even aware. But his angels are monitoring the activities of his people globally, they're the ones returning to give him reports of what's happening in all the corners of the earth!

So your JW friend was right it's not that God is not capable of knowing everything but he only restricted himself to certain things because as Habakkuk puts it His eyes are too pure to look unto evil and that's what is happening everywhere today! smiley

grin grin grin

Well, that is your god, he is not all knowing

But my God Jesus Christ is all knowing

John 16:30-31

[30] [b]Now we are sure that You know all things, [/b]and have no need that anyone should question You. By this we believe that You came forth from God.”
[31]Jesus answered them, “Do you now believe?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jehohah Witnesses Won't Kill Me With Laugh Ooo by Janosky: 11:33pm On Jan 04, 2021
vybzkartel:

grin grin grin

[30] [b]Now we are sure that You know all things, [/b]and have no need that anyone should question You. By this we believe that You came forth from God.”

LIAR grin
Is Matthew 24:36 in your Bible?

You claim to follow Jesus, but you proved you have ZERO faith in Jesus words

Continue DECEIVING yourself twisting the disciples statement
Re: Jehohah Witnesses Won't Kill Me With Laugh Ooo by freshboi88: 7:24am On Jan 05, 2021
Janosky:

LIAR grin
Is Matthew 24:36 in your Bible?

You claim to follow Jesus, but you proved you have ZERO faith in Jesus words

Continue DECEIVING yourself twisting the disciples statement

C y I say u pple are anti-christ and evil. How can God not be all knowing. By saying so, u have limited God's power. Making him not all powerful.

Dnt read one scripture n make a doctrine out of it.

Lying JW

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jehohah Witnesses Won't Kill Me With Laugh Ooo by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:50am On Jan 05, 2021
You're really trying in fighting for your God but i'll like you to try reading the Bible thoroughly from cover to cover and prayerfully meditate on each verse. The big book contains 66 little books, 1189 chapters and 31,200 verses.
The book was written by 40 different men (all from Israel) they were inspired by the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.
So try to be efficient in handling this big book in order not to be put to shame while reading aloud a text out of context and someone quote another verse for you only for you to become confused when you can't figure out why such is found in the same book!
God bless you! smiley

vybzkartel:

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Jehohah Witnesses Won't Kill Me With Laugh Ooo by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:06am On Jan 05, 2021
The title "ALMIGHTY" is what you haven't figured out! undecided
Perhaps you open a thread on that and let's discuss on the topic "What does the title "ALMIGHTY" entails?"
Mind you the title bearer must have total control not only on other beings but on himself and knows the best thing to do in every situation!

freshboi88:

C y I say u pple are anti-christ and evil. How can God not be all knowing. By saying so, u have limited God's power. Making him not all powerful.
Dnt read one scripture n make a doctrine out of it. Lying JW

1 Like

Re: Jehohah Witnesses Won't Kill Me With Laugh Ooo by freshboi88: 11:03am On Jan 05, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
The title "ALMIGHTY" is what you haven't figured out! undecided
Perhaps you open a thread on that and let's discuss on the topic "What does the title "ALMIGHTY" entails?"
Mind you the title bearer must have total control not only on other beings but on himself and knows the best thing to do in every situation!

But u say he is not all knowing. How can Almighty not be All knowing. Nah Igbo dey Ur brain

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jehohah Witnesses Won't Kill Me With Laugh Ooo by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:23am On Jan 05, 2021
freshboi88:

But u say he is not all knowing. How can Almighty not be All knowing.
That is why you need to calm down and listen!

Nah Igbo dey Ur brain

Your abuses, insults and curses won't give you the answer you're seeking, presently the true God is not all knowing, what you need is ask WHY not abusively but with mild temper and deep respect as befitting a true Christian! 1Peter 3:15

1 Like

Re: Jehohah Witnesses Won't Kill Me With Laugh Ooo by DappaD: 12:07pm On Jan 05, 2021
vybzkartel:
grin

So I was engaged in a discussion with a jw friend
And he left me in stitches grin ;DI asked him if God is All-KnowingTo my utter shock, he told me NO
I asked him to prove with Scriptures and he cited this:Genesis 22:11-12[11]But the Angel of the Lord called to him from heaven and said, “Abraham, Abraham!” So he said, “Here I am.”[12]And He said, “Do not lay your hand on the lad, or do anything to him; for now I know that you fear God, since you have not withheld your son, your only son, from Me.”
According to him, the bolded implies that God doesn't know ALL things as popularly believed grin
JWs won't kill me oooo ;DWell,. Maybe they don't see the following in their concocted NEW WORLD ORDER TRanslation:O LORD, you have searched me and known me. You know when I sit down and when I rise up; [/b]you discern my thoughts from far away. You search out my path and my lying down, and are acquainted with all my ways. Even before a word is on my tongue, O LORD, you know it completely. You hem me in, behind and before, and lay your hand upon me. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is so high that I cannot attain it (Psalm 139:1-6).Great is our Lord, and mighty in power; his understanding is infinite (Psalm 147:5).
For if our heart condemn us, God is greater than our heart, and knows all things (1 John 3:20).
[b]The eyes of the LORD are in every place
, keeping watch on the evil and the good (Proverbs 15:3).wondrous works of him who is perfect in knowledge (Job 37:16).[/b]For he knows those who are worthless, and he sees iniquity without investigating (Job 11:11).Abraham will surely become a great and powerful nation, and all nations on earth will be blessed through him. For I have chosen him, so that he will direct his children and his household after him to keep the way of the LORD by doing what is right and just, so that the LORD will bring about for Abraham what he has promised him (Genesis 18:18,19).
[b]And they say, "How can God know? Is there knowledge in the Most High?" Such are the wicked; always at ease, they increase in riches
(Psalm 73:11,12).

Jehovah God is the Almighty(Genesis 17:1)
That means he uses his unlimited power in a controlled manner—not just anyhow he likes. Isaiah 40:26, Revelation 15:3

But he is neither omnipresent nor omniscient—because if he was, he wouldn't have created Adam in the first place since he MUST'VE known that Adam would sin and bring suffering & death upon all humans. Then it would mean that humans weren't the ones at fault in the first place and that since God “knew” humans would sin, he still created them nevertheless. You see how this turns into an endless loop.

Some people might misunderstand Bible verses like 2Chronicles 16:9, Proverbs 15:3 & Hebrews 4:13 but those scriptures simply highlight the fact that nothing can be hidden from God when he chooses to investigate for himself, like he did in the times of Sodom and Gomorrah.
Genesis 18:21

It is worthy to note at this point that Jehovah himself is righteous, holy and perfect in all ramifications. Deuteronomy 32:4, 2Samuel 22:31, Revelation 4:8
It is the human beings who have rejected God's wise counsel/direction and subjected themselves to many injurious things that God cannot bring himself to watch and observe.
Deuteronomy 32:5, Ecclesiastes 7:29, Habakkuk 1:13

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jehohah Witnesses Won't Kill Me With Laugh Ooo by Nobody: 1:01pm On Jan 05, 2021
DoubleEngine007:

Pentecostals are doing more harm to Christianity than the JW guys. But their self righteous Pharisee upbringing will never let them know.
Re: Jehohah Witnesses Won't Kill Me With Laugh Ooo by Nobody: 1:03pm On Jan 05, 2021
freshboi88:

Dnt read one scripture n make a doctrine out of it.

Lying JW

By your logic because God can do all things then He can lie (God forbid), right?
Re: Jehohah Witnesses Won't Kill Me With Laugh Ooo by freshboi88: 2:54pm On Jan 05, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

That is why you need to calm down and listen!

Your abuses, insults and curses won't give you the answer you're seeking, presently the true God is not all knowing, what you need is ask WHY not abusively but with mild temper and deep respect as befitting a true Christian! 1Peter 3:15

after i finished u and dappaD in the other thread u still have mouth to talk here. joker

1 Like

Re: Jehohah Witnesses Won't Kill Me With Laugh Ooo by freshboi88: 2:56pm On Jan 05, 2021
HedwigesMaduro:

By your logic because God can do all things then He can lie (God forbid), right?

God can do all things. Will God lie NO!.

Was Jesus capable of turning stone to bread? YES!

Did he turn stone to bread? No!

Does it mean he cannot turn stone to bread. Absolutely not!!!

So what is your point

1 Like

Re: Jehohah Witnesses Won't Kill Me With Laugh Ooo by Janosky: 3:14pm On Jan 05, 2021
freshboi88:

[s]Dnt read one scripture n make a doctrine out of it.

Lying JW[/s]

Mr fresh TWISTER, Matthew 24:36 , Jesus Christ is a son of his Father..
Jesus says "ONLY his Father knows the Day and the Hour"

Jesus doesn't know, neither the angels.

Please desist from making FALSE claims grin cheesy
Re: Jehohah Witnesses Won't Kill Me With Laugh Ooo by Janosky: 3:30pm On Jan 05, 2021
freshboi88:

So what is your point

Fresh TWISTER, First point, John 20:17, did Jesus tell you himself is God Almighty?

2nd point, God is capable of knowing all things

According to your Bible, Genesis 22:12, when did God knew that Abraham "fear God"?

"Do not lay a hand on the boy," he said. "Do not do anything to him. Now I know that you fear God".
Fresh TWISTER, cheesy grin
Re: Jehohah Witnesses Won't Kill Me With Laugh Ooo by sonmvayina(m): 3:47pm On Jan 05, 2021
Christianity (all the iteration) is just a joke...
Re: Jehohah Witnesses Won't Kill Me With Laugh Ooo by freshboi88: 4:19pm On Jan 05, 2021
Janosky:

Fresh TWISTER, First point, John 20:17, did Jesus tell you himself is God Almighty?

2nd point, God is capable of knowing all things

According to your Bible, Genesis 22:12, when did God knew that Abraham "fear God"?

"Do not lay a hand on the boy," he said. "Do not do anything to him. Now I know that you fear God".
Fresh TWISTER, cheesy grin

Yes Jesus did. Rev 1:8

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jehohah Witnesses Won't Kill Me With Laugh Ooo by Nobody: 5:39pm On Jan 05, 2021
freshboi88:

So what is your point

What you just posted was the exact point of the guy you were arguing with in the first place. Read his post without aggression and you'll see it.

1 Like

Re: Jehohah Witnesses Won't Kill Me With Laugh Ooo by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:20pm On Jan 05, 2021
It's not about finishing your fellowman my friend, it's about pure worship and those practicing it. So if you've found them try to help other interested persons locate their gathering because there are many false prophets out there deceiving billions and enslaving them in false religions.
The only help a real follower of Jesus can do now is direct such humble ones to the gathering of holy ones.

freshboi88:

after i finished u and dappaD in the other thread u still have mouth to talk here. joker
Re: Jehohah Witnesses Won't Kill Me With Laugh Ooo by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:24pm On Jan 05, 2021
He is after winning arguments that's why i pity him due to his heart condition, even with all the attributes of God's holy spirit the aggression will blur his mind from learning anything profitable! embarassed

HedwigesMaduro:

What you just posted was the exact point of the guy you were arguing with in the first place. Read his post without aggression and you'll see it.
Re: Jehohah Witnesses Won't Kill Me With Laugh Ooo by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:36pm On Jan 05, 2021
The highlighted is from his religious teachers, but i wonder why they don't tell them how to locate the gathering of holy ones where God's holy spirit is actively working out something benefitial!

Now he's speaking against God's people without considering what to expect from God's people.

Jesus said many will refer to his true disciples as SATANISTS! {Matthew 10:25} so we are always happy to hear them say this as it's the fulfilment of our Master's words! John 17:14

DoubleEngine007:

Re: Jehohah Witnesses Won't Kill Me With Laugh Ooo by Nobody: 8:04pm On Jan 05, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

There are so many instances that proves he is not all knowing. The case of Abraham mentioned is one, think of what happened at Sodom and Gomorrah where he said "their reports have come to me but i want to go out there and VERIFY" Genesis 18:20-21

This is how Christian discussion should be. But many JW argue with insults because of the pride of the belief that they are the only sect that are Christians.

2 Likes

Re: Jehohah Witnesses Won't Kill Me With Laugh Ooo by Nobody: 8:17pm On Jan 05, 2021
HedwigesMaduro:

Pentecostals are doing more harm to Christianity than the JW guys. But their self righteous Pharisee upbringing will never let them know.

No sect in Christianity is so full of self-righteousness like Jehovah's witnesses. They may not tell you oh ha , that they are the only righteous sect.
Every other Christians are refered to as Christiandom , they refer to themselves alone as Christians.

The way JW guys attack and respond to comments shows them as self-righteous.

Too bad

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

BREAKING!!! SCOAN Members Reject Late Prophet TB Joshua’s Wife As Successor / Adam And Lilith,then Eve. / Abstain From Unholy Joints - Pastor Chris.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.