Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,652 members, 7,816,677 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:58 PM

My Parents Didn't Name Me Chimamanda - Adichie - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / My Parents Didn't Name Me Chimamanda - Adichie (34311 Views)

“I Don’t Want To Be Responsible For Traumatising Children” - Chimamanda Adichie / Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast / Ivara Esege, Chimamanda Adichie's Husband, Pictured With Her Brother, Kene (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Parents Didn't Name Me Chimamanda - Adichie by DamnnNiggarr: 12:04pm On Jan 04, 2021
shocked
Re: My Parents Didn't Name Me Chimamanda - Adichie by Naybahood(m): 12:05pm On Jan 04, 2021
Mumu Mumu news don start again for 2021
Re: My Parents Didn't Name Me Chimamanda - Adichie by emmaelectelect(m): 12:06pm On Jan 04, 2021
creative sha
Re: My Parents Didn't Name Me Chimamanda - Adichie by Olafame(m): 12:08pm On Jan 04, 2021
So chim+amanda mean wetin o .my God will never fail me.lmao.wonderful
Re: My Parents Didn't Name Me Chimamanda - Adichie by SAMBARRY: 12:08pm On Jan 04, 2021
TruthHurts1:

The apostle of feminism by force who thinks of men as women's enemies. I'm surprised she hasn't come out of the closet as a lesbian.
feminism is not equal to men hatred secondly she's married with a daughter

Thirdly you need to read more books so that the knowledge that you derive from it can sweep away your ignorance and prejudice

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Parents Didn't Name Me Chimamanda - Adichie by DoubleEngine007: 12:08pm On Jan 04, 2021
Seems this loose guarded has a brother or a sister as a mod on nairaland.. undecided They won't push nice topics to front page,but this one will be making FP all the time..

Re: My Parents Didn't Name Me Chimamanda - Adichie by Adakintroy: 12:09pm On Jan 04, 2021
I felt reluctant to to take a shiit in the forest when I was at the village.

My cousin ask me why?.. I said because am not use to it.

He then asked me were do I usually do it.
.I said in the house.
They all turned to one another...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Parents Didn't Name Me Chimamanda - Adichie by Nmezor(f): 12:11pm On Jan 04, 2021
Hmmm
Re: My Parents Didn't Name Me Chimamanda - Adichie by imaxdocuments: 12:11pm On Jan 04, 2021
Truly beauty and brain. Beautiful Anambra girl.

3 Likes

Re: My Parents Didn't Name Me Chimamanda - Adichie by Nobody: 12:12pm On Jan 04, 2021
That's how adanma changed her name to Amanda also
Re: My Parents Didn't Name Me Chimamanda - Adichie by Canberra55: 12:12pm On Jan 04, 2021
When INFERIOITY graduates from COMPLEX to owning a DUPLEX.

4 Likes

Re: My Parents Didn't Name Me Chimamanda - Adichie by perpeling22(f): 12:13pm On Jan 04, 2021
bukatyne:

So so beautiful kiss kiss kiss kiss

So why is it not common?

My dear the name is common now. Anywhere you go Amanda, Amanda.

1 Like

Re: My Parents Didn't Name Me Chimamanda - Adichie by bizzibodi(m): 12:13pm On Jan 04, 2021
What a mistake...chimaMANda....it is not too late to change it to chimaWOMANda grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: My Parents Didn't Name Me Chimamanda - Adichie by femi4: 12:13pm On Jan 04, 2021
LordKO:
Whosoever says and believes that "culture does not change" is either naive or disingenuous. Culture is the way the living chooses to do their thing, not the way the dead did their thing. Lack of grit and greed, however, always make most people resort to the latter definition.
Culture is dynamic
Re: My Parents Didn't Name Me Chimamanda - Adichie by optimusprime2(m): 12:14pm On Jan 04, 2021
Na waah o...
Re: My Parents Didn't Name Me Chimamanda - Adichie by SAMBARRY: 12:15pm On Jan 04, 2021
ChiefJusticeFuc:
This stupid idiot is only talented and famous because she pushes the woke liberal BS.

Of late Judas is employing Africans to push their Marxist bullsh!t.

Just look at BLM with their two black lesbian coordinators and you will understand why this foolish idiot is forced down our throats.
them force you to open the thread? If you hate her that much, avoid everything that concerns chimanda tongue

You don't like food but you enter the kitchen and complain that the kitchen smells of food tongue

Oniranu tongue

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Parents Didn't Name Me Chimamanda - Adichie by LINTUNE(m): 12:16pm On Jan 04, 2021
PharmaGirl:
My God will never fail
deep name indeed..

1 Like

Re: My Parents Didn't Name Me Chimamanda - Adichie by mysteryman2014: 12:16pm On Jan 04, 2021
Interesting
Re: My Parents Didn't Name Me Chimamanda - Adichie by Cousin9999: 12:17pm On Jan 04, 2021
What does her surname mean?
Re: My Parents Didn't Name Me Chimamanda - Adichie by Lovelyn451(f): 12:19pm On Jan 04, 2021
almost every family in igboland now has a chimamanda

1 Like

Re: My Parents Didn't Name Me Chimamanda - Adichie by Megatrix: 12:20pm On Jan 04, 2021
post=97708140:

This is duly noted Chimamanda.

The name has come to stay
She lied, I've known at least two ladies that bore that name right from when we were still kids. She could say she made it up for her self but to say she invented the name is a very big lie.

2 Likes

Re: My Parents Didn't Name Me Chimamanda - Adichie by etrouble: 12:20pm On Jan 04, 2021
TruthHurts1:

The apostle of feminism by force who thinks of men as women's enemies. I'm surprised she hasn't come out of the closet as a lesbian.

Yet, she changes her name every time she changes her menstrual pad

1 Like

Re: My Parents Didn't Name Me Chimamanda - Adichie by olarge: 12:25pm On Jan 04, 2021
And so?
Waka abeg.
Re: My Parents Didn't Name Me Chimamanda - Adichie by Forumobserver12(m): 12:28pm On Jan 04, 2021
TruthHurts1:

Una don start again ooo, what evidence do you to support such claim?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Parents Didn't Name Me Chimamanda - Adichie by Omezif(m): 12:29pm On Jan 04, 2021
This lady's brilliant has lead her to the next level.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Parents Didn't Name Me Chimamanda - Adichie by DamnnNiggarr: 12:29pm On Jan 04, 2021
crazyclown:
So wetin con consume us angry
my brother, you sounded like your moniker

2 Likes

Re: My Parents Didn't Name Me Chimamanda - Adichie by mysteryman2014: 12:30pm On Jan 04, 2021
Megatrix:

She lied, I've known at least two ladies that bore that name right from when we were still kids. She could say she made it up for her self but to say she invented the name is a very big lie.

Did you read the story at all? The lady said she was thinking of an igbo name that contained Amanda, the name came to her like an inspiration. She never said she created the name.

Bad Belle

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Parents Didn't Name Me Chimamanda - Adichie by murmee: 12:31pm On Jan 04, 2021
SAMBARRY:

Thirdly you need to read more books so that the knowledge that you derive from it can sweep away your ignorance and prejudice
I so much like your hot and precise response. Ten Gbosas for you!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Parents Didn't Name Me Chimamanda - Adichie by murmee: 12:32pm On Jan 04, 2021
imaxdocuments:
Truly beauty and brain. Beautiful Anambra girl.
GBAM!

2 Likes

Re: My Parents Didn't Name Me Chimamanda - Adichie by PROUDIGBO(m): 12:36pm On Jan 04, 2021
SAMBARRY:

Don’t mind the bitter twerp! Most of them carry over their frustrations and hate towards Ndigbo on to any thread on an accomplished Igbo person! Dude is suffering from misplaced aggression!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Parents Didn't Name Me Chimamanda - Adichie by Dragonboll: 12:42pm On Jan 04, 2021
This 2021, let me make your daily activities an enjoyable one this new. Go to your Audiomack, search "NIGERIAN MIX - DJ KHAYPEE" and enjoy sweet mixtapes.
Re: My Parents Didn't Name Me Chimamanda - Adichie by bigpicture001: 12:45pm On Jan 04, 2021
UncleHaba22:
some parents who named their child the name would have lied to there children that they got the name from their grand parents

alabi don jam them cool cool

The name is common in Igbo land..but not an anthem dou

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Twelve Fuvk-filled Days Of New Year!!! / Chimamanda Adichie Mourns Her Mother's Death (Pictures) / What Are The Top 5 Books One Must Read In Their Lifetime And Why?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.