Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,559 members, 7,816,355 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:05 AM

My Parents Didn't Name Me Chimamanda - Adichie - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / My Parents Didn't Name Me Chimamanda - Adichie (34307 Views)

“I Don’t Want To Be Responsible For Traumatising Children” - Chimamanda Adichie / Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast / Ivara Esege, Chimamanda Adichie's Husband, Pictured With Her Brother, Kene (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Parents Didn't Name Me Chimamanda - Adichie by drnoel: 3:01pm On Jan 04, 2021
TruthHurts1:

The apostle of feminism by force who thinks of men as women's enemies. I'm surprised she hasn't come out of the closet as a lesbian.

Don't deceive yourself. She is happily married with children
Re: My Parents Didn't Name Me Chimamanda - Adichie by Unlimited22: 3:06pm On Jan 04, 2021
bukatyne:
Interesting.

So what does Chimamanda mean in Igbo?

My God is infallible.
Re: My Parents Didn't Name Me Chimamanda - Adichie by CsRockefeller(m): 3:15pm On Jan 04, 2021
Is she sure that no one before her has bore the name Chimamanda?
Re: My Parents Didn't Name Me Chimamanda - Adichie by PharmaGirl(f): 3:33pm On Jan 04, 2021
aribisala0:

My God?

Does chi really mean God?
Yes, it does.
Re: My Parents Didn't Name Me Chimamanda - Adichie by aribisala0(m): 3:54pm On Jan 04, 2021
PharmaGirl:

Yes, it does.
No not really
Re: My Parents Didn't Name Me Chimamanda - Adichie by PharmaGirl(f): 3:58pm On Jan 04, 2021
aribisala0:
No not really
Oh.
What does it mean then?
Re: My Parents Didn't Name Me Chimamanda - Adichie by Twinmama(f): 4:06pm On Jan 04, 2021
emeijeh:
ChimaWOMANda

All these feminists no go kill person. grin

Nigerians on Nairaland will top the list of those who won't make heaven.
Re: My Parents Didn't Name Me Chimamanda - Adichie by aribisala0(m): 4:07pm On Jan 04, 2021
PharmaGirl:

Oh.
What does it mean then?
soul
Re: My Parents Didn't Name Me Chimamanda - Adichie by Mrlucky81(m): 4:12pm On Jan 04, 2021
bukatyne:

So so beautiful kiss kiss kiss kiss
So why is it not common?
You can still make it common
Re: My Parents Didn't Name Me Chimamanda - Adichie by PharmaGirl(f): 4:20pm On Jan 04, 2021
aribisala0:

soul
So you mean Chineke and chi have different meanings?
Re: My Parents Didn't Name Me Chimamanda - Adichie by Okoroawusa: 4:44pm On Jan 04, 2021
crazyclown:
So wetin con consume us angry
Hate

I believe that I have answered your question.
Re: My Parents Didn't Name Me Chimamanda - Adichie by aribisala0(m): 4:46pm On Jan 04, 2021
PharmaGirl:

So you mean Chineke and chi have different meanings?
Are they the same word?
Re: My Parents Didn't Name Me Chimamanda - Adichie by nick50(m): 5:07pm On Jan 04, 2021
U created it but it didn't stop prince Arthur Eze Na ukpo from grabbing and messing her community up.. Shebi she thinks that she is equal to men?.. Let her show her power naa.. Rubbish and feminists
Re: My Parents Didn't Name Me Chimamanda - Adichie by ogwumgbe: 5:17pm On Jan 04, 2021
PharmaGirl:

My God will never fail

It means God knows Amanda. Chima in igbo means God knows the add it Amanda, God knows Amanda
Re: My Parents Didn't Name Me Chimamanda - Adichie by corpershun: 5:22pm On Jan 04, 2021
Canberra55:
Her crave to change names in order to "fit in".

It’s actually the other way around.

She chooses names that make her stand out!
Once the name is popular she changes them!

You have comprehension issues.
Re: My Parents Didn't Name Me Chimamanda - Adichie by Kfed4ril(m): 5:51pm On Jan 04, 2021
bukatyne:

So so beautiful kiss kiss kiss kiss

So why is it not common?
The name is very common now, most female kids this days are Christened Chimamanda
Re: My Parents Didn't Name Me Chimamanda - Adichie by PARADIZEPRIEST: 5:53pm On Jan 04, 2021
Hmmm truth is coming out now!
This babe is a real american gangster writer.
Chim_amanda...I thought is igbo CHIM_AMADA(meaning my Chi will never fall) sad sad
Re: My Parents Didn't Name Me Chimamanda - Adichie by Abid2020(m): 5:58pm On Jan 04, 2021
Factfinder1:
So what's our business here of what use is this information
And were you forced to open the thread?

Re: My Parents Didn't Name Me Chimamanda - Adichie by Canberra55: 8:13pm On Jan 04, 2021
Who needs a constant change of names whenever they had to change location? Well, it's okay If you think I have issues with comprehension, but know also that it's already too late for your opinion to count. IPhone 5 Wussbag.
corpershun:

It’s actually the other way around.

She chooses names that make her stand out!
Once the name is popular she changes them!

You have comprehension issues.
Re: My Parents Didn't Name Me Chimamanda - Adichie by Superpower(m): 8:39pm On Jan 04, 2021
TruthHurts1:

The apostle of feminism by force who thinks of men as women's enemies. I'm surprised she hasn't come out of the closet as a lesbian.
we are in 2021 you should not be this ignorant.
Re: My Parents Didn't Name Me Chimamanda - Adichie by Cousin9999: 2:31am On Jan 05, 2021
DarkJeddi:
Adichie=To have been replaced..
Like a death in the family being replaced with a birth..

Cool.

1 Like

Re: My Parents Didn't Name Me Chimamanda - Adichie by corpershun: 1:35pm On Jan 05, 2021
Canberra55:

[s] Who needs a constant change of names whenever they had to change location? Well, it's okay If you think I have issues with comprehension, but know also that it's already too late for your opinion to count. IPhone 5 Wussbag [/s].

Your writing sucks!
Buy/Read literature books to improve your writing.
Thank me later.
Re: My Parents Didn't Name Me Chimamanda - Adichie by Canberra55: 1:59pm On Jan 05, 2021
corpershun:

Your writing sucks!
Thank me later.
my writing sucks? Well I hope you are well said to suck it back.
Re: My Parents Didn't Name Me Chimamanda - Adichie by Canberra55: 2:00pm On Jan 05, 2021
corpershun:

Your writing sucks!
Thank me later.

Yo momma thinks otherwise , son.
Re: My Parents Didn't Name Me Chimamanda - Adichie by corpershun: 2:20pm On Jan 05, 2021
Canberra55:

Yo momma thinks otherwise , son.
Re: My Parents Didn't Name Me Chimamanda - Adichie by Mariangeles(f): 3:36pm On Jan 09, 2021
Faller:
That's how adanma changed her name to Amanda also

That is not true as they're not anywhere close in meaning.
The name Ada cannot be given to any girl child, just the first of an Igbo family, that is why it isn't common.
Ada is more of a title than a name. Adamma is beautiful both as a name and as what one is.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Twelve Fuvk-filled Days Of New Year!!! / Chimamanda Adichie Mourns Her Mother's Death (Pictures) / What Are The Top 5 Books One Must Read In Their Lifetime And Why?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.