Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,472 members, 7,954,848 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 10:51 AM

The Puff Adder We Killed Under My Neighbour's Orange Tree This Morning - Science/Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / The Puff Adder We Killed Under My Neighbour's Orange Tree This Morning (54701 Views)

Rare Orange-Eyed Owl Not Seen For Almost 125 Years Is Spotted In Malaysia (Pics) / The Strange Snake We Killed This Morning / See The Snake My Neighbour Killed in the Hostel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Puff Adder We Killed Under My Neighbour's Orange Tree This Morning by typicalgamer(m): 10:02pm On Jan 06, 2021
LucemFerre:
Oya... all the comment section will be filled with snake experts now

Snake whisperer's

1 Like

Re: The Puff Adder We Killed Under My Neighbour's Orange Tree This Morning by brainhgeek(m): 10:04pm On Jan 06, 2021
This is a viper
Re: The Puff Adder We Killed Under My Neighbour's Orange Tree This Morning by KhingPaul(m): 10:05pm On Jan 06, 2021
Chai. Lala don hamma. This 2021 issa blessing in disguise for Lala the Snake man.
Re: The Puff Adder We Killed Under My Neighbour's Orange Tree This Morning by Skepticus: 10:09pm On Jan 06, 2021
Omihanifa:

Bro Its a puff adder (extremely deadly) and very aggressive

That's a gaboon viper. The snake with the longest fangs in the world. Beautiful skin but short death. Thank your stars, OP.

1 Like

Re: The Puff Adder We Killed Under My Neighbour's Orange Tree This Morning by Asianjollof007: 10:11pm On Jan 06, 2021
ahnie:
This one is huge... I remembered seeing one tiny brown baby snake slittering outta the staircase door opening last year ..I was scared to my marrow I stood still,shut my eyes and started screaming Blood of Jesus!blood of Jesus!!! I'm pretty sure the snake must have missed at me saying... mtscheeeew see this one,abeg comot for road make I pass joor.

I really hate snakes.

You later killed the snake?
Re: The Puff Adder We Killed Under My Neighbour's Orange Tree This Morning by Skepticus: 10:14pm On Jan 06, 2021
micellgevity:
See the snake we killed under my neighbour's orange tree this morning.

I was afraid at first because I know how dangerous this snake is. I had to call some guys to join me. Incidentally, another one was killed less than one hour earlier in the same neighborhood, about 3 houses to where we killed this one, though, bigger than this.

The guys I called to assist also happened to be the ones that killed the first snake. They cut its head and tail and said they would go and sell it for around 4k or so. I don't know it's name in English, but it is called Oka in Yoruba. If it bites person, that person no go live for two minutes on earth.

Aminna Fire fire, food don land. Oya do the needful.

That's a gaboon viper. The snake with the longest fangs in the world. Beautiful skin but short death. Thank your stars, OP.

It's the highest cause of snake bites in the South west. As an ambush predator, it can wait for up to 10 hours motionless for its prey to pass by, before striking. The venom is so deadly that you'll be lucky to survive its bite after 45 minutes.

It's big business if you captured it and sold it to snake keepers in the west (Europe and North America), especially US. They pay a lot for it because it's very rare over there
Re: The Puff Adder We Killed Under My Neighbour's Orange Tree This Morning by Reelmii: 10:24pm On Jan 06, 2021
micellgevity:
See the snake we killed under my neighbour's orange tree this morning.

I was afraid at first because I know how dangerous this snake is. I had to call some guys to join me. Incidentally, another one was killed less than one hour earlier in the same neighborhood, about 3 houses to where we killed this one, though, bigger than this.

The guys I called to assist also happened to be the ones that killed the first snake. They cut its head and tail and said they would go and sell it for around 4k or so. I don't know it's name in English, but it is called Oka in Yoruba. If it bites person, that person no go live for two minutes on earth.

Aminna Fire fire, food don land. Oya do the needful.
let the owner of the tree cut down the tree because there could be more of them on the tree

until the snake go bite people before una go react, for two of the snake to be killed on the same day,, there are more of them around
Re: The Puff Adder We Killed Under My Neighbour's Orange Tree This Morning by 900warriorz: 10:43pm On Jan 06, 2021
tyup:
Gaboon viper.....

Sometimes when I see snakes like this I prefer to go close to it than go close to any 9ja girl

Oga, that is a puff adder not a gaboon viper. Gaboon viper's head is way bigger and and it is distinguished by the evenly spaced rectangular lines on its back.

1 Like

Re: The Puff Adder We Killed Under My Neighbour's Orange Tree This Morning by 900warriorz: 10:44pm On Jan 06, 2021
Slynation:
Aha.....Front page material loading!!! A gaboon viper, lala would never disappoint in taking this thread to the promise land.....
that's not a gaboon viper...it's a puff adder like Op rightly said.

1 Like

Re: The Puff Adder We Killed Under My Neighbour's Orange Tree This Morning by geezynoni: 11:36pm On Jan 06, 2021
ahnie:

seems we kinda shared same signature....and just I broke my new year resolut.
Do I sense a ship here?
Re: The Puff Adder We Killed Under My Neighbour's Orange Tree This Morning by SATANNlST: 11:50pm On Jan 06, 2021
SATANNIST:
zzor, poco please come and apply so you stop trolling us on nairaland
you no go like find me the work too?
Re: The Puff Adder We Killed Under My Neighbour's Orange Tree This Morning by 44Bulldog(m): 11:51pm On Jan 06, 2021
Kapeter:
Is that really puff adder? Thought its viper.

Puff adder is a specie of viper i.e it's still a viper
Re: The Puff Adder We Killed Under My Neighbour's Orange Tree This Morning by 44Bulldog(m): 11:53pm On Jan 06, 2021
Omihanifa:

Bro Its a puff adder (extremely deadly) and very aggressive

Still a viper
Re: The Puff Adder We Killed Under My Neighbour's Orange Tree This Morning by 44Bulldog(m): 11:58pm On Jan 06, 2021
Skepticus:

It's the highest cause of snake bites in the South west. As an ambush predator, it can wait for up to 10 hours motionless for its prey to pass by, before striking. The venom is so deadly that you'll be lucky to survive its bite after 45 minutes.

It's big business if you captured it and sold it to snake keepers in the west (Europe and North America), especially US. They pay a lot for it because it's very rare over there

Person wey dey give fact sef no sabi the snake undecided.. LMAO
That one na gaboon viper for ur eyes?

Shine ur eyes next time... don't be too eager to always shalaye

I too know undecided
Re: The Puff Adder We Killed Under My Neighbour's Orange Tree This Morning by Slynation(m): 12:07am On Jan 07, 2021
ibinaboonline:
The same way they use animated cartoons to make children think lions and cheeters are some kind of friendly comic creatures, that's how they use editing to convince you that snakes are nice slithers just begging you to pet them.
hmmm....This is interesting!!

1 Like

Re: The Puff Adder We Killed Under My Neighbour's Orange Tree This Morning by Slynation(m): 12:12am On Jan 07, 2021
900warriorz:
that's not a gaboon viper...it's a puff adder like Op rightly said.
Yea bro....you correct, just saw noticed the difference now, thanks bro!!
Re: The Puff Adder We Killed Under My Neighbour's Orange Tree This Morning by skales67(m): 12:12am On Jan 07, 2021
Na wah o. E get as e be say a full grown man will not be killed by illness, accident, police bullets (SARS) or even AIDS but ordinary snake.
Re: The Puff Adder We Killed Under My Neighbour's Orange Tree This Morning by sirlop(m): 1:54am On Jan 07, 2021
lavenderjade:

puff adder belongs to the Viper family

Puff Adder
Gaboon Viper
saw scale Viper
Russel viper
Horned viper
Pit viper
Moorish viper
Etc
Re: The Puff Adder We Killed Under My Neighbour's Orange Tree This Morning by AerialMapper: 5:49am On Jan 07, 2021
Kapeter:

Viper is a general classification for these type of snakes.

They need to cut off the head and bury it deep; even when dead, that head can be deadly if you step on it and get envenomated.

Met a Kenyan who said in his country, if a snake like this bites you, they search for the snake and you need to bite it back. Fables!!

1 Like

Re: The Puff Adder We Killed Under My Neighbour's Orange Tree This Morning by dikeizu1(m): 7:19am On Jan 07, 2021
Hei, you killed agwo ogbulugbu!
Re: The Puff Adder We Killed Under My Neighbour's Orange Tree This Morning by sharpchap: 8:43am On Jan 07, 2021
Kapeter:
adder and viper na same thing
Re: The Puff Adder We Killed Under My Neighbour's Orange Tree This Morning by sansbabs(m): 8:51am On Jan 07, 2021
Puff adder is not called Oka in Yoruba, it's called Paramole while Oka is Cobra.

As it can stay on the ground without one noticing it's there.
Re: The Puff Adder We Killed Under My Neighbour's Orange Tree This Morning by AkaraAndBread: 9:06am On Jan 07, 2021
Kapeter:

A puff adder is a member of the viper family.
Re: The Puff Adder We Killed Under My Neighbour's Orange Tree This Morning by chinchonglee(m): 9:22am On Jan 07, 2021
PrimeWatermark:
Prime Watermark Consulting
oga! if u are looking for a girl to fvck jst talk.
which one is 30k salary and the person must be staying around lekki and its environs.
do you know how much is rent in lekki?
what abt feeding and miscellaneous?
bro abeg close that company.
Re: The Puff Adder We Killed Under My Neighbour's Orange Tree This Morning by mrkings84(m): 10:28am On Jan 07, 2021
Kapeter:
grin Abi. This one will kill you with just a bite/strike unlike naija gals that will kill you slowly.

So what do we do then?
Go for Gabon girls?
Re: The Puff Adder We Killed Under My Neighbour's Orange Tree This Morning by mrkings84(m): 10:29am On Jan 07, 2021
Kapeter:
grin Abi. This one will kill you with just a bite/strike unlike naija gals that will kill you slowly.

So what do we do then?
Go for Gabon girls??
Re: The Puff Adder We Killed Under My Neighbour's Orange Tree This Morning by faheez(m): 12:25pm On Jan 07, 2021
Slynation:

Keep watching"Snake in the city" on Natgeo wild, your orientation About snakes will diminish.....!!
I swear, the only 2 snake I'm now very very afraid of are mambas and Mozambique spitting cobra

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Do I Load The Activation Token On My Conlog Prepaid Meter? / Boy Kills Huge Cobra In Kogi After Invading His House. Photos / Stunning And Rare Mammatus Clouds Form On Argentina Skies (Pics, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.