Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,193 members, 7,953,694 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 11:33 PM

The Puff Adder We Killed Under My Neighbour's Orange Tree This Morning - Science/Technology (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / The Puff Adder We Killed Under My Neighbour's Orange Tree This Morning (54698 Views)

Rare Orange-Eyed Owl Not Seen For Almost 125 Years Is Spotted In Malaysia (Pics) / The Strange Snake We Killed This Morning / See The Snake My Neighbour Killed in the Hostel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Puff Adder We Killed Under My Neighbour's Orange Tree This Morning by Slynation(m): 12:30pm On Jan 07, 2021
faheez:

I swear, the only 2 snake I'm now very very afraid of are mambas and Mozambique spitting cobra
exactly.....grin grin
Re: The Puff Adder We Killed Under My Neighbour's Orange Tree This Morning by JoshuaSG: 12:36pm On Jan 07, 2021
I once read from internet source that puff adder has the highest number of attacks on man than anyother snakes in the world. Though it was reported that its venom is not as deadly as commented on this tread. The source reveal that the snake is very aggressive but less than 50% or less death result from its attacks. It explained the low chance of death form the snake on the relatively longer hours (between 3-5) the venom takes to kill, adding that many victims are rushed to the hospitals for for treatment before death results. I don't know how true it is.
can the Animal scientists, zoologist and vet doctors on this forum help confirm this.
Re: The Puff Adder We Killed Under My Neighbour's Orange Tree This Morning by JoshuaSG: 12:46pm On Jan 07, 2021
sansbabs:
Puff adder is not called Oka in Yoruba, it's called Paramole while Oka is Cobra.

As it can stay on the ground without one noticing it's there.

I thought Cobra is Sebe. Sorry I don't know how to put the mark (ami oke ) on the Es.
Re: The Puff Adder We Killed Under My Neighbour's Orange Tree This Morning by Candycrushy(f): 9:50pm On Jan 07, 2021
seanwiIliam:
can we communicate via email?
Yes sir
We really need to
I'll send a mail
Re: The Puff Adder We Killed Under My Neighbour's Orange Tree This Morning by Candycrushy(f): 9:50pm On Jan 07, 2021
seanwiIliam:
can we communicate via email?
Yes sir
We really need to
I'll send a mail.
Re: The Puff Adder We Killed Under My Neighbour's Orange Tree This Morning by Candycrushy(f): 10:22pm On Jan 07, 2021
seanwiIliam:
ok kindly drop your mail address
I just sent a mail
Re: The Puff Adder We Killed Under My Neighbour's Orange Tree This Morning by Candycrushy(f): 10:42pm On Jan 07, 2021
seanwiIliam:
the mail attached to my account isn't working. So I won't be able to receive it.
Can you kindly drop your mail address?
okaformmesoma9998@gmail.com

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Boy Kills Huge Cobra In Kogi After Invading His House. Photos / Stunning And Rare Mammatus Clouds Form On Argentina Skies (Pics, Video) / Stone Falls From The Sky In Taraba State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.