Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,199 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:07 AM

Are Igbo Men The Most Cucked In Nigeria? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Are Igbo Men The Most Cucked In Nigeria? (5491 Views)

To The Men: The Undiluted (naked) Truth About Court Wedding / The Devil Is Using Idolatry To Wipe Out Young Igbo Men / Men: The Only Sex That Never Stops Sucking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Igbo Men The Most Cucked In Nigeria? by ChiefJusticeFuc: 12:41am On Jan 07, 2021
Why does Igbo culture accommodate for bastadry ?

There is this custom whereby in the case a woman cheats on her husband and it results into a pregnancy which her husband knows is not his, the man is expected to lay full claim on the child as his.

I don't know if this is an ancient and long standing custom or something that was fashioned for modern times but what I do know is that almost all Igbo clans practice this culture.

So why do they subscribe to such customs?

One would have thought the first instincts of every man is to reject the bastard alongsids the cheating wife, but not so among the Igbos as the man is expected to keep the child as his .

Was this custom drawn because of the high level of infidelity among Igbo women?

And if so, why do the men think by claiming a bastard born by an adultress will some how compensate for her cheating?

Pls I need answers on this.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Igbo Men The Most Cucked In Nigeria? by johnmartus(m): 12:48am On Jan 07, 2021
No wonder.

1 Like

Re: Are Igbo Men The Most Cucked In Nigeria? by onward4life(m): 6:36am On Jan 07, 2021
ChiefJusticeFuc:

There is this custom whereby in the case a woman cheats on her husband and it results into a pregnancy which her husband knows is not his, the man is expected to lay full claim on the child as his.

I don't know if this is an ancient and long standing custom or something that was fashioned for modern times but what I do know is that almost all Igbo clans practice this culture.

One would have thought the first instincts of every man is to reject the bastard alongsids the cheating wife, but not so among the Igbos as the man is expected to keep the child as his .

And if so, why do the men think by claiming a bastard born by an adultress will some how compensate for her cheating?

Bro not necessary

Why not walk up to an Igbo man

And simply have a chat

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Igbo Men The Most Cucked In Nigeria? by chrisxxx(m): 7:42am On Jan 07, 2021
You don't get it. A married woman indulging in extramarital act is a taboo in Igbo land.
However there is a popular saying in Igbo land where it is said that the owner of a property has whatever produced by that property wives inclusive.
This is to say if you pay for the bride price of a lady, she becomes your property. You could decide to give her to your subjects and any kids produced belong to you and not the person that impregnated her.
A widow could have a child with another man. That child produced belongs to the late husband provided that the pride price wasn't returned or repaid by the person who has impregnated her.
If the husband is alive and the woman becomes pregnant for another man, this is not acceptable.
Though that child culturally belongs to the original husband which he is at will to accept or reject. But the child can't culturally belong to the man who biologically fathered him. And in that case the child becomes a bastard.
He can't head the family. There are a lot like that in Igbo land and they are the people who cause most problem in the communities.

19 Likes

Re: Are Igbo Men The Most Cucked In Nigeria? by Pochettino(f): 9:31am On Jan 07, 2021
hakeemhakeem:

Ignorant is very bad walk up to anybody in Yoruba land asks questions on this topic, what did you think brought THUNDER BOUT it to discouraged cheating,

But AFONJAS always raise kids that arent theirs in the same house. Its prevalent there.

9 Likes

Re: Are Igbo Men The Most Cucked In Nigeria? by Dedetwo(m): 9:32am On Jan 07, 2021
ChiefJusticeFuc:

OP, please state clearly your ethnicity before the nonsense you vomited in above post can be discoursed.

13 Likes

Re: Are Igbo Men The Most Cucked In Nigeria? by vanbonattel: 9:34am On Jan 07, 2021
So much lies on one writing.

1 Like

Re: Are Igbo Men The Most Cucked In Nigeria? by Dedetwo(m): 9:39am On Jan 07, 2021
hakeemhakeem:

Ignorant is very bad walk up to anybody in Yoruba land asks questions on this topic, what did you think brought THUNDER BOUT it to discouraged cheating,

Pure jealousy and promiscuity!!!!! I threaded in Yoruba land and the so-called THUNDER BOUT or magun is usually defeated if you know the simple antidote.

8 Likes

Re: Are Igbo Men The Most Cucked In Nigeria? by Smoke55: 9:42am On Jan 07, 2021
Beautiful Nonsense!!
Re: Are Igbo Men The Most Cucked In Nigeria? by Kondomatic(m): 9:49am On Jan 07, 2021
ChiefJusticeFuc:

All these half informed people will just come online to spew rubbish instead of asking questions like sane humans.

In Igbo land, lemme bring it down to my own place so that I will not say what I am not sure of.

Adultery is an abomination and the women who committed adultery at a point in time has a sad story for you if ask them.

Some of them didn't live to tell the story.

Nothing is imposed on anyone.

And Igbo man can disown his own blood, a true born if he wants to.

If a woman gets pregnant after divorcing her husband but has not returned the bride price, the husband has the right to claim the child if he wants to

If you cheat on an Igbo man and get pregnant, the husband has the right to throw you out or keep the child if he wants to

No culture forces a man to accept a child that's not his, majority of the men will throw the woman out with the child and reject her bride price when her people returns it.

I have also seen where men pardoned their cheating wives but no child was involved.

Here's a thing, even if the man accepts the child and his other kids finds out that he's truly not their blood, he will have no inheritance among his people so las las he will go back to his real father.

5 Likes

Re: Are Igbo Men The Most Cucked In Nigeria? by blamingthedevil: 9:50am On Jan 07, 2021
ccffwx:
Violation of Rule 2.

Seun
Mynd44
Pull down this offensive post.
The truth is now offensive?

Re: Are Igbo Men The Most Cucked In Nigeria? by ipobarethieves: 9:54am On Jan 07, 2021
sad No wonder shocked sad. BAZTARDZ,born trowey,,babies factory children full ground

3 Likes

Re: Are Igbo Men The Most Cucked In Nigeria? by IamAtikulate: 10:01am On Jan 07, 2021
In Nigeria, we all know that the most promiscuous tribe is Yoruba.

Its easier for pigs to fly than seeing a Yoruba married woman that has not given birth for at least 2 men.

Imagine a tribe with the highest number of bastards calling those that places a taboo on pre and extra marital sex names.

To answer your question.

In our culture, once you pay bride price every child the woman gives birth to in your house is yours.

The woman and the promiscuous man will be subjected to nso Ala - nso is taboo while Ala or (Ani), the earth goddess is the most powerful goddess in Igboland.

In Igbo culture, the woman won't even try it. The woman, the man and the woman family will be subjected to untold shame.

The husband will claim the child, send the wife away and make the bastard illegitimate (nwa akwatara n'iko - a child that is born out of adultery)

Again, the family will find it difficult to give out their daughters in marriage. This is because a ga ju ese (when people go for marriage inquiry), the suitors will be told that "ha anaghi ano na di" (they don't stay in marriage).

When it comes to marriage, Igbo wives are more chaste.

Many Yorubas don't even know their fathers and many are living with a man who is not theirs.

What I don't understand about Yoruba's is how a man will marry a woman who has given birth for three different men.

All will be living under the same roof. An abomination in Igbo land.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Igbo Men The Most Cucked In Nigeria? by IamAtikulate: 10:03am On Jan 07, 2021
blamingthedevil:

The truth is now offensive?
If you are Yoruba, chances that your mother gave birth for at least two men is 7/10.

Thread coming soon...

Thunder will fire any mod that will delete it.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Igbo Men The Most Cucked In Nigeria? by IamAtikulate: 10:14am On Jan 07, 2021
Pochettino:

But AFONJAS always raise kids that arent theirs in the same house. Its prevalent there.
I stay in Lagos and 7/10 of the men living around our estate are living with women who have given birth to other men - women even gave birth for 4 men.

If this is happening in Lagos, imagine places like Osun, Ogun and Oyo.

My anger is that they don't even see anything wrong with that.

Marrying a Yoruba woman is huge risk for us Igbos. Though most of them won't even agree to marry Igbos no matter the amount of money you have.

If you probe subtly, you will discover is because we won't tolerate their promiscuous lifestyles. They always say Igbos are wicked.

A typical Yoruba fine girl will rather marry an alaye at the next junction collecting owo omonile than an Igboman with the biggest shop in their area.

Ndi ara

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are Igbo Men The Most Cucked In Nigeria? by IamAtikulate: 10:18am On Jan 07, 2021
I am Igbo and I can back to the 4 generation of both paternal and maternal families.

No single female relative has given birth for another man while married.

Here in Lagos, the chances that a Yoruba woman will abandon the children with the husband for another alaye is 7/10.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are Igbo Men The Most Cucked In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:36am On Jan 07, 2021
This is because, south east is no man's land.
Re: Are Igbo Men The Most Cucked In Nigeria? by vanbonattel: 10:36am On Jan 07, 2021
Sone People have deserted this thread grin

2 Likes

Re: Are Igbo Men The Most Cucked In Nigeria? by MajorOvakporaye(f): 10:43am On Jan 07, 2021
Pochettino:
Never heard of this before.

Actually it is AFONJAS I know that accept bastards into their household. That's why whenever an AFONJA tells you "my brother" or "sister", it may mean cousin, step-sibling or even just a relative/family friend. Their family ties are intertwined and inbreeding is common.

YOU ARE VERY RIGHT

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Igbo Men The Most Cucked In Nigeria? by AdaugoChisom(f): 10:45am On Jan 07, 2021
OP you're high in pad highness cos you don't know what you're saying and you're busy saying it.

There's some communities in Igbo land where the woman commit adultery and she run mad...weather she is a Christian or Muslim, oyibo or other tribe legally married to the Igbo man.

Google is your friend to find out more!

#StopHate

1 Like

Re: Are Igbo Men The Most Cucked In Nigeria? by Pochettino(f): 10:53am On Jan 07, 2021
IamAtikulate:

I stay in Lagos and 7/10 of the men living around our estate are living with women who have given birth to other men - women even gave birth for 4 men.

If this is happening in Lagos, imagine places like Osun, Ogun and Oyo.

My anger is that they don't even see anything wrong with that.

Marrying a Yoruba woman is huge risk for us Igbos. Though most of them won't even agree to marry Igbos no matter the amount of money you have.

If you probe subtly, you will discover is because we won't tolerate their promiscuous lifestyles. They always say Igbos are wicked.

A typical Yoruba fine girl will rather marry an alaye at the next junction collecting owo omonile than an Igboman with the biggest shop in their area.

Ndi ara

Very correct.
They are tolerant to adultery

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are Igbo Men The Most Cucked In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:57am On Jan 07, 2021
@op you woke up this morning and decided to open a thread demeaning to children born out of wedlock under the guise of bashing Igbos.

When will Nigerians stop this archaic mindset of calling a child bastard?

If I line up 10 random kids can anyone point out which of them was born out of wedlock?

Every child whether born in or out of wedlock is a gift to humanity and should be cherished and treated with dignity.

When will we as a people grow out of this archaic, demeaning and oppressive mindset of labeling people in order to subjugate them?

Are we this insecure that we have to label someone bastard so as to feel better about ourselves?

We want a better country where everyone is treated first as human and with dignity, yet the bulk of us whom are educated ( I believe that most people commenting on NL are educated to a reasonable extend) are still going around calling innocent children all sort of derogatory names just to feel better about ourselves.

Why label a child that had no say in his/her conception?

How are we going to grow as a people if we don't get past these pre-modern way of seeing the world?

I pity who no pity Nigerians.

8 Likes

Re: Are Igbo Men The Most Cucked In Nigeria? by ChangedMan1999(m): 11:03am On Jan 07, 2021
ChiefJusticeFuc:

t
Re: Are Igbo Men The Most Cucked In Nigeria? by Bennysam: 11:31am On Jan 07, 2021
ChiefJusticeFuc:

Oga it’s not custom , it’s a case of when the man is impotent
Re: Are Igbo Men The Most Cucked In Nigeria? by Bennysam: 11:32am On Jan 07, 2021
ChiefJusticeFuc:

Oga it’s not custom , it’s a case of when the man is impotent he will marry a girl that’s pregnant and rejected
Re: Are Igbo Men The Most Cucked In Nigeria? by hakeemhakeem(m): 12:17pm On Jan 07, 2021
Pochettino:

What did you mean by kids that didn't belongs to them.can't you training your bro,sis,uncle, aunt even friends kids as act of humanity
Re: Are Igbo Men The Most Cucked In Nigeria? by hakeemhakeem(m): 12:22pm On Jan 07, 2021
[quote author=Dedetwo post=97806581]

Pure jealousy and promiscuity!!!!! I threaded in Yoruba land and the so-called THUNDER BOUT or magun is usually defeated if you know the simple antidote. [/quot

If you aren't a wayward/cheater why looking for antidote moreover promiscuous is an individuals thing not a tribes traits

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Finally Stopped Breastfeeding Him. Yayy! / The Wedding Ceremony Of A Nairalander / Did You Circumcised Your Female Child?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.