Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,832 members, 7,813,757 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:45 PM

Please Help! Which Ict Skill Can I Acquire? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Please Help! Which Ict Skill Can I Acquire? (382 Views)

What Skill Can A Girl Of 12 Years Learn Before Proceeding To SS1 / Should I Acquire My First Degree From National Open University? / Microsoft To Support Owura Kwadwo Who Drew Computer On Blackboard To Teach ICT (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help! Which Ict Skill Can I Acquire? by DoubleFingers: 9:09am On Jan 07, 2021
Good morning Nairalanders,

Please I'm really considering acquiring one or two ICT skills this year. I'm thinking of starting it this January. Though, I have a job. And my job gives me time. So I don't just want to waste that time. I really want to improve on myself this time around.

A friend suggest "Data Analyst." But I still want more options, to enable me know which one that best suit my strengths.

May I just highlight some of my strengths, so you could know which of the skills that will be better for me:
1.) Persuasive skill
2.) Risk taker
3.) Good with figures (mathematics)
4.) Good communication skill
5.) Very good at asking the "Why", "How" and "When" questions.

I trust I'll get intelligent advice from here.

Please, any skill(s) you suggest, kindly expatiate including it's demands, opportunities etc.

NOTE: I have Engineering as my first degree, and Project Management (90% completion) as my second degree.

Mod, if this is not the right section, please help me and move it.

Thank you.
Re: Please Help! Which Ict Skill Can I Acquire? by Nobody: 9:49am On Jan 07, 2021
DoubleFingers:
Good morning Nairalanders,

Please I'm really considering acquiring one or two ICT skills this year. I'm thinking of starting it this January. Though, I have a job. And my job gives me time. So I don't just want to waste that time. I really want to improve on myself this time around.

A friend suggest "Data Analyst." But I still want more options, to enable me know which one that best suit my strengths.

May I just highlight some of my strengths, so you could know which of the skills that will be better for me:
1.) Persuasive skill
2.) Risk taker
3.) Good with figures (mathematics)
4.) Good communication skill
5.) Very good at asking the "Why", "How" and "When" questions.

I trust I'll get intelligent advice from here.

Please, any skill(s) you suggest, kindly expatiate including it's demands, opportunities etc.

Mod, if this is not the right section, please help me and move it.

Thank you.

If you are financially literate, go for business analytics. If not, any field of data science would do. Becoming adept at both is not mutually exclusive.

1 Like

Re: Please Help! Which Ict Skill Can I Acquire? by DoubleFingers: 9:53am On Jan 07, 2021
RisenPhoenix1:

If you are financially literate, go for business analytics. If not, any field of data science would do. Becoming adept at both is not mutually exclusive.
Thanks Bro.

But can you just summarize what business analytics is all about?
Re: Please Help! Which Ict Skill Can I Acquire? by Nobody: 10:17am On Jan 07, 2021
DoubleFingers:

Thanks Bro.

But can you just summarize what business analytics is all about?

It's basically planning future business processes by analysing historical business data. Or more simply put, it involves using enhanced traditional modelling, predictive and sometimes AI tools to discover ways in which existing business practises can be improved upon; like analysing sales data with a view to improving on sales and taking advantage of trends and change in tastes. Also mostly used in investment to analyse and predict stock price and performance movements. Stuff like that. It's a very wide field. The career paths could take you into investment banking, management consultancies, financial management etc. Research it online, you will see a lot of write ups about it.

It would help if you could supplement it with a finance qualification from a recognised chartered institution though; like CFA, ACCA, ICAN etc. There is a business analyst institute as well, where you can obtain business analyst certification: https://www.iiba.org/

I'm not sure how well it is recognized by employers in Nigeria, but it is well known externally; especially in Canada. You can browse through the website to learn more.

Good luck.
Re: Please Help! Which Ict Skill Can I Acquire? by DoubleFingers: 10:31am On Jan 07, 2021
RisenPhoenix1:

It's basically planning future business processes by analysing historical business data. Or more simply put, it involves using enhanced traditional modelling, predictive and sometimes AI tools to discover ways in which existing business practises can be improved upon; like analysing sales data with a view to improving on sales and taking advantage of trends and change in tastes. Also mostly used in investment to analyse and predict stock price and performance movements. Stuff like that. It's a very wide field. The career paths could take you into investment banking, management consultancies, financial management etc. Research it online, you will see a lot of write ups about it.

It would help if you could supplement it with a finance qualification from a recognised chartered institution though; like CFA, ACCA, ICAN etc. There is a business analyst institute as well, where you can obtain business analyst certification: https://www.iiba.org/

I'm not sure how well it is recognized by employers in Nigeria, but it is well known externally; especially in Canada. You can browse through the website to learn more.

Good luck.
Wow!

That's wonderful!

I appreciate.
Re: Please Help! Which Ict Skill Can I Acquire? by Nobody: 10:35am On Jan 07, 2021
DoubleFingers:

Wow!

That's wonderful!

I appreciate.

Anytime.

1 Like

Re: Please Help! Which Ict Skill Can I Acquire? by DoubleFingers: 10:38am On Jan 07, 2021
More advice needed, please.

Mods, please help and move this to front page for more views and inputs.

Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

How Does The Poverty Capital Of The World Afford Foreign School Fees / Please Fellows I Need Your Ideas To Help Me Solve This Assignment / Videos Of Nysc Members Breaki Blck With Their Head

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.