Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,838 members, 7,810,223 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:37 AM

Dwayne Johnson 'The Rock' Gifts Friend Who Helped Him When He Was Homless A Car - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Dwayne Johnson 'The Rock' Gifts Friend Who Helped Him When He Was Homless A Car (61635 Views)

Dwayne Johnson The Rock Plays Davido’s Song At 2am, Singer Reacts (Video) / Diane Yashim's Outfit To Mercy Johnson's 'The Legend Of Inikpi' Premiere / Dwayne Johnson 'The Rock' Weds Lauren Hashian His Girlfriend Of 12 Years (Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dwayne Johnson 'The Rock' Gifts Friend Who Helped Him When He Was Homless A Car by ashacot: 2:58pm On Jan 07, 2021
Hollywood Star Dwayne Johnson Also Known as The Rock for his exploit in the wrestling ring has gifted his friend a car worth #12m. The star remember the friend for everything he did for him when he was homeless. He took to his Instagram page to share the video and recount how his friend helped him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BParkiY1zRs
He wrote:

]My life (especially my teenage years) has been full of the wildest twists and turns - yet God and the universe had always found a way to put a few people in my path that would change the trajectory of the road I was going down.

Meet one of my lifelong friends, Bruno Lauer — or I prefer to call him, “Downtown Bruno”

My mom and I were evicted off the island of Hawaii and I was sent to Nashville, Tennessee to live with my dad.

When I landed in Nashville, I quickly found out I wasn’t gonna live with my dad.

Shit happens, plans change and that’s the way it goes.

Instead, I told I was gonna live with a guy named Bruno. Who at the time lived in a tiny room at a spot called the Alamo Plaza motel.

Bruno could’ve (and should’ve) said hell no, I’m not takin’ in some kid who I don’t know.

But he didn’t.

He took this punk kid in and we became lifelong friends.

Then ironically - about 9 years later when I had the infamous “$7 Bucks” in my pocket - I started my wrestling career in Memphis, Tennessee and AGAIN - had no place to live and Bruno took me and let me shake up in his trailer, til I could get on my feet.

And hell, when I was 15yrs old, Bruno even gave me his last $40 bucks so I could hustle a crackhead out of his car one night at a honky tonk in Nashville

But the hustle was on me, because when I took off down the road there was a SECOND CRACKHEAD passed out on the floor in the back! �

Wild times at 15yrs old.

Merry Christmas, Bruno and since you helped me “buy” my first car - I figured I could return the favor and buy you one that 100% does NOT have a crackhead in the back seat.

I love you, brother.

Your kindness and heart - helped change my life’s trajectory.

And when you’re ready to retire from “the business” you just say the word.

I got you covered.

We’ll go “downtown”

Enjoy your new ride and give Walls, Mississippi my love and gratitude]�

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CJeeGoNFYkU/?igshid=1h96u7uqz3q78

73 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Dwayne Johnson 'The Rock' Gifts Friend Who Helped Him When He Was Homless A Car by illicit(m): 3:02pm On Jan 07, 2021
Nice one....

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dwayne Johnson 'The Rock' Gifts Friend Who Helped Him When He Was Homless A Car by Freestainworld(m): 3:06pm On Jan 07, 2021
Good for the both

7 Likes

Re: Dwayne Johnson 'The Rock' Gifts Friend Who Helped Him When He Was Homless A Car by Goodtimesahead(f): 3:08pm On Jan 07, 2021
Congratulations to the recipient

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dwayne Johnson 'The Rock' Gifts Friend Who Helped Him When He Was Homless A Car by victor2fresh(m): 3:23pm On Jan 07, 2021
be kind to people...I say this always

232 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Dwayne Johnson 'The Rock' Gifts Friend Who Helped Him When He Was Homless A Car by Gabe427: 3:47pm On Jan 07, 2021
in Drake's voice...
it not about those who came arround but those who stayed arround

229 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Dwayne Johnson 'The Rock' Gifts Friend Who Helped Him When He Was Homless A Car by DICKstractor: 3:55pm On Jan 07, 2021
undecided

A true friend is worth more than anything.

113 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Dwayne Johnson 'The Rock' Gifts Friend Who Helped Him When He Was Homless A Car by minimini: 4:00pm On Jan 07, 2021
nice

5 Likes

Re: Dwayne Johnson 'The Rock' Gifts Friend Who Helped Him When He Was Homless A Car by fati2001(m): 4:01pm On Jan 07, 2021
CONGRATS..

THOSE KIND OF GEMS ARE RARE.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dwayne Johnson 'The Rock' Gifts Friend Who Helped Him When He Was Homless A Car by Bruno3000(m): 4:15pm On Jan 07, 2021
You will help some ediots today, you're they will turn ur worst enemies. I fear human beings esp in this our naija

148 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Dwayne Johnson 'The Rock' Gifts Friend Who Helped Him When He Was Homless A Car by kikelomo68469: 6:24pm On Jan 07, 2021
Good for the both
Re: Dwayne Johnson 'The Rock' Gifts Friend Who Helped Him When He Was Homless A Car by LordIsaac(m): 6:35pm On Jan 07, 2021
Help a man today... He'll remember you when he makes it.. grin

55 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dwayne Johnson 'The Rock' Gifts Friend Who Helped Him When He Was Homless A Car by BigDawsNet: 7:11pm On Jan 07, 2021
I never realised Dwayne Johnson lived in the apartment above us. shocked

All this time we had been living under a rock grin

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dwayne Johnson 'The Rock' Gifts Friend Who Helped Him When He Was Homless A Car by Penywise(m): 7:11pm On Jan 07, 2021
I like this guy

1 Like

Re: Dwayne Johnson 'The Rock' Gifts Friend Who Helped Him When He Was Homless A Car by Ayobami7(m): 7:11pm On Jan 07, 2021
Seen
Re: Dwayne Johnson 'The Rock' Gifts Friend Who Helped Him When He Was Homless A Car by BlessedNuel: 7:11pm On Jan 07, 2021
It's good to be good always

3 Likes

Re: Dwayne Johnson 'The Rock' Gifts Friend Who Helped Him When He Was Homless A Car by starbuck(f): 7:11pm On Jan 07, 2021
I owe a few of my friends this gesture for going out of their way to help me last year kiss kiss

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dwayne Johnson 'The Rock' Gifts Friend Who Helped Him When He Was Homless A Car by Nobody: 7:11pm On Jan 07, 2021
Some people you help will even become resentful of your success and say you’re showing off. Once they see a smile on your face their bitterness rises.

43 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Dwayne Johnson 'The Rock' Gifts Friend Who Helped Him When He Was Homless A Car by Benprass(m): 7:12pm On Jan 07, 2021
Na So so copy and paste news that are always on this narialand, news that is as old as Buhari administration is now you are showing us

5 Likes

Re: Dwayne Johnson 'The Rock' Gifts Friend Who Helped Him When He Was Homless A Car by DoubleEngine007: 7:12pm On Jan 07, 2021
Bruno3000:
You will help some ediots today, you're they will turn ur worst enemies. I fear human beings esp in this our naija
I swear

9 Likes

Re: Dwayne Johnson 'The Rock' Gifts Friend Who Helped Him When He Was Homless A Car by gasparpisciotta: 7:12pm On Jan 07, 2021
Lesson: never forget those who held the ladder for you to climb...

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dwayne Johnson 'The Rock' Gifts Friend Who Helped Him When He Was Homless A Car by Xzellentgraphic: 7:13pm On Jan 07, 2021
Great...hop to meet him when I enter America
Re: Dwayne Johnson 'The Rock' Gifts Friend Who Helped Him When He Was Homless A Car by Dbest18: 7:14pm On Jan 07, 2021
Hmmm
Re: Dwayne Johnson 'The Rock' Gifts Friend Who Helped Him When He Was Homless A Car by updatechange(m): 7:14pm On Jan 07, 2021
Great , nice gesture of him. Some friends today are back stabbers. They re so mean that they won't help u even if you're dying. It's not as if they don't know that there's tomorrow o,..
But they choose to do so simply because they don't wish you well.

Cut or stay away from bad or perceived bad friends.
This is 2021.
I submit.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dwayne Johnson 'The Rock' Gifts Friend Who Helped Him When He Was Homless A Car by Molahnelson(m): 7:15pm On Jan 07, 2021
Great hustler
Re: Dwayne Johnson 'The Rock' Gifts Friend Who Helped Him When He Was Homless A Car by bigdammyj: 7:15pm On Jan 07, 2021
Noted
Re: Dwayne Johnson 'The Rock' Gifts Friend Who Helped Him When He Was Homless A Car by PotatoSalad(m): 7:15pm On Jan 07, 2021
They'll come and say he should have gifted him a Bentley grin
Just wait

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dwayne Johnson 'The Rock' Gifts Friend Who Helped Him When He Was Homless A Car by armadeo(m): 7:15pm On Jan 07, 2021
From wrestler to higher earning person on the planet.

The guy has made it.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dwayne Johnson 'The Rock' Gifts Friend Who Helped Him When He Was Homless A Car by Nobody: 7:15pm On Jan 07, 2021
This life ehn. Who knows tomorrow?

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Falz: Girls Dancing Shaku Shaku In Hijab In 'This Is Nigeria' Video Intentional / Marvis Shares Her Bikini Picture, Ice Prince Reacts (photo) / Meet Jennelle Eliana Who Lives In A Van (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.