Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,192 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:14 AM

Five Northern Cities That Attract Visitors In Nigeria - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Five Northern Cities That Attract Visitors In Nigeria (36976 Views)

Five Parrots Removed From Public View For Swearing At Visitors In UK (Photos) / Shocking: Popular Cities That Are Not Capitals Of Their Countries. / Slums From World Major Cities That Shows All That Glitters Is Not Gold (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Five Northern Cities That Attract Visitors In Nigeria by iampeterben(m): 10:39am On Jan 08, 2021
KANO is my favourite oh! The major reason I served there in 2017/2018.

1 Like

Re: Five Northern Cities That Attract Visitors In Nigeria by GOVERNMENT2: 10:39am On Jan 08, 2021
Simplyleo:

Care to mention any state in the East that attracts visitors with proof? undecided
ABOKKI BE CALMING DOWN NOW

3 Likes

Re: Five Northern Cities That Attract Visitors In Nigeria by BigDawsNet: 10:41am On Jan 08, 2021
The cold city of jos
Re: Five Northern Cities That Attract Visitors In Nigeria by AuwalYusuf812(m): 10:42am On Jan 08, 2021
Even Lokoja dey inside. tongue

4 Likes

Re: Five Northern Cities That Attract Visitors In Nigeria by Oyikoha(m): 10:42am On Jan 08, 2021
When Benue turn arewa? Nawaooo

13 Likes

Re: Five Northern Cities That Attract Visitors In Nigeria by Murphy1998(m): 10:42am On Jan 08, 2021
Wow I'm really surprised
Re: Five Northern Cities That Attract Visitors In Nigeria by CSTRR: 10:42am On Jan 08, 2021
Is markudi a northern state.

I think you should stick to NW and NE.

Noryh central can as well be called south central.

17 Likes

Re: Five Northern Cities That Attract Visitors In Nigeria by GOVERNMENT2: 10:42am On Jan 08, 2021
aniomadei1975:
He is very correct
ANOTHER MALLAM ON THE LOSE

4 Likes

Re: Five Northern Cities That Attract Visitors In Nigeria by CSTRR: 10:44am On Jan 08, 2021
Simplyleo:

Care to mention any state in the East that attracts visitors with proof? undecided
Owerri and Enugu have seen more visitors than most places in Nigeria.
Maybe even aba.

I am not from there though.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Five Northern Cities That Attract Visitors In Nigeria by southsouthking(m): 10:45am On Jan 08, 2021
gaius01:
Arrrrrrrh

Am not from Kaduna, but I reside there.

I can testify to the facts that Kaduna is bless with school. I love it !

It's has one of the best, biggest university in West Africa, ABU to be precise. One thing I love about their educational institutions is, the low rate in tuition fees. It's very affordable !

IrepJos ! cheesy

Bro how about cost of accommodation lemme say one bedroom apartment at Goni Gora Southern kaduna.
Re: Five Northern Cities That Attract Visitors In Nigeria by Snakedoctor1: 10:46am On Jan 08, 2021
Arewa247:
Which cities in Northern Nigeria are frequented more by visitors? Surprisingly, the north is still attracting investors and generating tourism revenue yearly to the Nigerian government. We have listed five states you may love to visit in the north that are exciting and full of life. We would not bring up the capital city, Abuja because it is unique and definitely not avoided by Nigerians.

Kano

A city known for its commercial activities in Nigeria is Kano. It is the second biggest city in the country and is dubbed the ‘Center of Commerce.’ Kano was named after the legendary Aminu Kano. It attracts hundreds of thousands of people to it including the power figures in the country. It is strategically located and has links to African countries like Cameroon, Niger, Chad and Republic of Benin by road. Its Mallam Aminu Kano International Airport serves both local and international flights. Kano is not lagging behind with hotels that range from budget hotels to luxury five star hotels. A lot of Nigerians aren’t even aware Kano is very beautiful with numerous places to visit. [hyperlink] We have listed some important places you can visit when you are in Kano.

Kaduna

Kaduna is not far away from Kano. It is barely an hour drive from the ancient city of Kano. Kaduna is called the ‘Crocodile City’ and is rich in culture and tourism. There is an even mixture of both the Christians and Muslims. Take away tourism from Kaduna, and you would embrace intellect. There are so many great educational institutions in the city which pulls a chunk of Nigerians to it as students.

Jos

The temperate weather of Jos makes it peculiar among other cities in the north usually associated with harsh weather. The town is relatively peaceful with hundreds of places to visit. Nollywood still loves this place, and once in a while great movies are shot here. Things are not expensive, and there are a lot of expatriates here. With a population of over 900,000 according to the 2006 census, Jos has become one of the biggest cities in Nigeria. Sometimes, it seems like Jos is a city in another country because of its temperate weather and the lifestyle of the people.

Lokoja

Lokoja is the confluence city that brings together rivers Niger and Benue. Today, Lokoja has become a stop-over for travelers coming to Abuja, Kaduna, Kano and other cities in the northern Nigeria. You can feel the friendliness of the people who easily mingle with strangers here.

Makurdi

Finally on our list is the city of Makurdi. It is the capital city of Benue – the food basket of the nation that has become a haven for those who love food as a business or as consumers. There are loads of tourist attractions here for you to see

Arewa is a blessings to Nigeria.
God bless Arewa.
God bless federal republic of Nigeria.
Yola should be the first
Re: Five Northern Cities That Attract Visitors In Nigeria by Omezif(m): 10:47am On Jan 08, 2021
Besides terrorists and bandits north is good to stay, but there is other crime of looting shops by the theifs in the night, so doing business their is not complete safe.

1 Like

Re: Five Northern Cities That Attract Visitors In Nigeria by Johnnyplus01k(m): 10:47am On Jan 08, 2021
johnmartus:
Kano is better than all the 5 state in the east.
Far better, the easterners know it is just the simple truth.
Re: Five Northern Cities That Attract Visitors In Nigeria by CSTRR: 10:48am On Jan 08, 2021
From what I got online from arewa Twitter, Kaduna state is the best northern state.

Even then, it has no attraction to me.

Insecurity, Islamic fundamentalism, don't do well to attract visitors.

Just look at Nigeria's international tourism numbers, compared to Ghana.

It's even rubbing off on the rest of the country.

8 Likes

Re: Five Northern Cities That Attract Visitors In Nigeria by Jesse98(m): 10:48am On Jan 08, 2021
vanbonattel:
Only 5 states are safe out of 19 northern states?

what are d state
Re: Five Northern Cities That Attract Visitors In Nigeria by Johnnyplus01k(m): 10:49am On Jan 08, 2021
Kano the number one in the north second in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Five Northern Cities That Attract Visitors In Nigeria by smartty68(m): 10:49am On Jan 08, 2021
Jaazz:
Arewa to the world!!
The third picture is Cross River State. And stop misinforming the people.

Lalasticlala
Mynd44

Modified:
The fool took down the picture finally...

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Five Northern Cities That Attract Visitors In Nigeria by Norwichsailor(m): 10:49am On Jan 08, 2021
Jaazz:
Arewa to the world!!
The third picture is snake road in obudu mountain resort here in cross river.
You dey Bleep up o

16 Likes

Re: Five Northern Cities That Attract Visitors In Nigeria by Niceman4u(m): 10:50am On Jan 08, 2021
Where is source and statistics to back up the claim.
I am sure most of 'visitors' could have traveled by road, which safe road did they use?

1 Like

Re: Five Northern Cities That Attract Visitors In Nigeria by CSTRR: 10:50am On Jan 08, 2021
Johnnyplus01k:
Kano the number one in the north second in Nigeria
Who goes to Kano for tourism?

Give us hard data.

We are not talking about northerners visiting their own people.

1 Like

Re: Five Northern Cities That Attract Visitors In Nigeria by Respect55(m): 10:51am On Jan 08, 2021
vanbonattel:
The real purpose why Arrewa opened this thread

Is to show boko haram where to attach
Attach kò, attachment ni.
Re: Five Northern Cities That Attract Visitors In Nigeria by TruthHurts1(m): 10:52am On Jan 08, 2021
Can you mention how many "visitors" visit poverty land outside of bandits and Boko Haram?

Simplyleo:

Re: Five Northern Cities That Attract Visitors In Nigeria by Arrewa: 10:52am On Jan 08, 2021
Jaazz:
Arewa to the world!!

Re: Five Northern Cities That Attract Visitors In Nigeria by ebere89(f): 10:52am On Jan 08, 2021
Is anywhere even safe in Nigeria All states, local governments, forests and communities must control their own security

2 Likes

Re: Five Northern Cities That Attract Visitors In Nigeria by Btruth: 10:52am On Jan 08, 2021
.......been to the 5 cities though. More to go if not for this banditry and boko boys.

smiley
Re: Five Northern Cities That Attract Visitors In Nigeria by AuwalYusuf812(m): 10:53am On Jan 08, 2021
ekaette1621:
FEAR NORTH

I repeat

FEAR NORTH

do you copy?

fEAR NORTH.

Infact to avoid stories that touches the heart

FEAR NORTH.

Those NOTHERNERS are NO-THINKERS
Just like how u drop this shit without thinking. Uncle Ajala wake up
Re: Five Northern Cities That Attract Visitors In Nigeria by TruthHurts1(m): 10:53am On Jan 08, 2021
Of course it is better. We in the East are so Green with envy right now grin

[img]https://images./6cSEPooXcunMUmaLFNgTE7.jpg[/img]

Johnnyplus01k:
Far better, the easterners know it is just the simple truth.

6 Likes

Re: Five Northern Cities That Attract Visitors In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:54am On Jan 08, 2021
Lies even i that was born and bred here those states don’t attract me cause of the things that happen there
Now tell me how it attract foreigners? Did they want to die ?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Five Northern Cities That Attract Visitors In Nigeria by CSTRR: 10:54am On Jan 08, 2021
Norwichsailor:

The third picture is snake road in obudu mountain resort here in cross river.
You dey Bleep up o
The obudu mountains has the biggest tourism value in West Africa.
No place like it.

Unfortunately, it has no future.
That is the consequence of being yoked to Nigeria with news of BH and ISWAP.

If it was in Ghana, it would have been a mad Money spinner.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Current Status Of Kano 3 In 1 Underpass And Flyover (Pics) / Yankari Wikki Warm Springs Underwater Video & Photos / 15 Most Dangerous Roads Around The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.