Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,225 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:00 AM

Five Northern Cities That Attract Visitors In Nigeria - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Five Northern Cities That Attract Visitors In Nigeria (36977 Views)

Five Parrots Removed From Public View For Swearing At Visitors In UK (Photos) / Shocking: Popular Cities That Are Not Capitals Of Their Countries. / Slums From World Major Cities That Shows All That Glitters Is Not Gold (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Five Northern Cities That Attract Visitors In Nigeria by TruthHurts1(m): 10:54am On Jan 08, 2021
Berom don't consider themselves to be Arewa or any other thing apart from their own unique cultural identity.

[quote author=Arrewa post=97842588][/quote]

1 Like

Re: Five Northern Cities That Attract Visitors In Nigeria by Judolisco(m): 10:55am On Jan 08, 2021
Why u no mention Abuja since u decided to mention north central states
Re: Five Northern Cities That Attract Visitors In Nigeria by stupidmod2: 10:55am On Jan 08, 2021
complete the headline

Five Northern Cities That Attract Visitors In Nigeria to be kidnapped

3 Likes

Re: Five Northern Cities That Attract Visitors In Nigeria by adedehinbo(m): 10:55am On Jan 08, 2021
Lol wait for a counter thread from other states
Re: Five Northern Cities That Attract Visitors In Nigeria by composure: 10:56am On Jan 08, 2021
OP, point of correction...
Kano is the only northern state on that list. The rest other states are middle belt.

1 Like

Re: Five Northern Cities That Attract Visitors In Nigeria by NeoWanZaeed(m): 10:56am On Jan 08, 2021
i cant even go n0rth 4 w0rk. Make dem kidnap and kil me. C0z m0ney n0 dey o
Re: Five Northern Cities That Attract Visitors In Nigeria by southsouthking(m): 10:56am On Jan 08, 2021
Norwichsailor:

The third picture is snake road in obudu mountain resort here in cross river.
You dey Bleep up o

Bro he's right, have pass through that road several times.
It's in Taraba state
Re: Five Northern Cities That Attract Visitors In Nigeria by lamalang(m): 10:57am On Jan 08, 2021
and Gombe ]
Re: Five Northern Cities That Attract Visitors In Nigeria by stanluiz(m): 10:58am On Jan 08, 2021
How can markudi and lokoja Turn to arewa land sad

Op , you better stick to NE and NW.
Re: Five Northern Cities That Attract Visitors In Nigeria by nnamdi640: 11:02am On Jan 08, 2021
johnmartus:
Kano is better than all the 5 state in the east.
Tell me what Kano add to Nigeria revenue if not collecting the high allocation from FG. Hope you know that Abia and Imo should be included in oil producing states if not the wickedness of your people.
Re: Five Northern Cities That Attract Visitors In Nigeria by Ykc2(m): 11:03am On Jan 08, 2021
johnmartus:
Ah kano the most peaceful state in Northern Nigeria. You can't even find baby factory or kidnapping Deen here.
you mean baby factory like this one?

9 Likes

Re: Five Northern Cities That Attract Visitors In Nigeria by heniford2: 11:04am On Jan 08, 2021
Arewa247:
Which cities in Northern Nigeria are frequented more by visitors? Surprisingly, the north is still attracting investors and generating tourism revenue yearly to the Nigerian government. We have listed five states you may love to visit in the north that are exciting and full of life. We would not bring up the capital city, Abuja because it is unique and definitely not avoided by Nigerians.

Kano

A city known for its commercial activities in Nigeria is Kano. It is the second biggest city in the country and is dubbed the ‘Center of Commerce.’ Kano was named after the legendary Aminu Kano. It attracts hundreds of thousands of people to it including the power figures in the country. It is strategically located and has links to African countries like Cameroon, Niger, Chad and Republic of Benin by road. Its Mallam Aminu Kano International Airport serves both local and international flights. Kano is not lagging behind with hotels that range from budget hotels to luxury five star hotels. A lot of Nigerians aren’t even aware Kano is very beautiful with numerous places to visit. [hyperlink] We have listed some important places you can visit when you are in Kano.

Kaduna

Kaduna is not far away from Kano. It is barely an hour drive from the ancient city of Kano. Kaduna is called the ‘Crocodile City’ and is rich in culture and tourism. There is an even mixture of both the Christians and Muslims. Take away tourism from Kaduna, and you would embrace intellect. There are so many great educational institutions in the city which pulls a chunk of Nigerians to it as students.

Jos

The temperate weather of Jos makes it peculiar among other cities in the north usually associated with harsh weather. The town is relatively peaceful with hundreds of places to visit. Nollywood still loves this place, and once in a while great movies are shot here. Things are not expensive, and there are a lot of expatriates here. With a population of over 900,000 according to the 2006 census, Jos has become one of the biggest cities in Nigeria. Sometimes, it seems like Jos is a city in another country because of its temperate weather and the lifestyle of the people.

Lokoja

Lokoja is the confluence city that brings together rivers Niger and Benue. Today, Lokoja has become a stop-over for travelers coming to Abuja, Kaduna, Kano and other cities in the northern Nigeria. You can feel the friendliness of the people who easily mingle with strangers here.

Makurdi

Finally on our list is the city of Makurdi. It is the capital city of Benue – the food basket of the nation that has become a haven for those who love food as a business or as consumers. There are loads of tourist attractions here for you to see

Arewa is a blessings to Nigeria.
God bless Arewa.
God bless federal republic of Nigeria.
if you want to die early go to North like visit there

1 Like

Re: Five Northern Cities That Attract Visitors In Nigeria by CSTRR: 11:05am On Jan 08, 2021
composure:
OP, point of correction...
Kano is the only northern state on that list. The rest other states are middle belt.
He can't post northern states Na.

Who wants to go there?
Re: Five Northern Cities That Attract Visitors In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:05am On Jan 08, 2021
Lolzz jos ke ? Go and tell a berom man or an anaguta man say him na arrewa if him no remove ur head and feast on it...

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Five Northern Cities That Attract Visitors In Nigeria by zuto4u(m): 11:06am On Jan 08, 2021
Me too bro. Yours is just under Buhari but mine is for life. Until I leave this world, I will never step my foot in any Northern State except Abuja. I don't want to die prematurely.
GamalNasser:
Nothing will take me to any northern city except Abuja under Buhari
Re: Five Northern Cities That Attract Visitors In Nigeria by Cavalier: 11:08am On Jan 08, 2021
The middle belt states of Benue, Plateau and Kogi are not arewa states. You can have Kano and Kaduna only in your list of 5 as arewa.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Five Northern Cities That Attract Visitors In Nigeria by Chocolatesauce(f): 11:08am On Jan 08, 2021
Proudly born and raised in Kano state!!
I love my city!!
Tumbin giwa ��
Kano ko da me kazo anfika�

1 Like

Re: Five Northern Cities That Attract Visitors In Nigeria by nnamdi640: 11:09am On Jan 08, 2021
Nkwobi042:
Kano is a home to chronic homosexuals, especially the wealthiest rich ones.
The kind of homosexuality practiced in Kano is worst than that of Sodom and Gomorrah.

What about lesbianism,even among co-wives?I have a friend who deals in sextoys he imports from UK, and he built his hotel fr proceeds from northern women's patronage of intimacy gadgets.He sells to a friend and boom! Friends of Friends of Friends wants more of it.

Hypocrites!
I knew such will be possible in places like that where a man marries 5wives and he is expected to bleep all to their satisfaction which is not possible. Those women will look for alternative way to satisfy theirselves.

3 Likes

Re: Five Northern Cities That Attract Visitors In Nigeria by Norwichsailor(m): 11:09am On Jan 08, 2021
southsouthking:

Bro he's right, have pass through that road several times.
It's in Taraba state
That road is in Cross river oga
Re: Five Northern Cities That Attract Visitors In Nigeria by Norwichsailor(m): 11:10am On Jan 08, 2021
CSTRR:

The obudu mountains has the biggest tourism value in West Africa.
No place like it.

Unfortunately, it has no future.
That is the consequence of being yoked to Nigeria with news of BH and ISWAP.

If it was in Ghana, it would have been a mad Money spinner.
The successive governments after Duke have failed to even maintain the standard Duke left talkless of improving it
Re: Five Northern Cities That Attract Visitors In Nigeria by richmanrichard: 11:10am On Jan 08, 2021
vanbonattel:
Only 5 states are safe out of 19 northern states?

point of correction; 3.jos n benue are middle belt

2 Likes

Re: Five Northern Cities That Attract Visitors In Nigeria by Emperor5(m): 11:11am On Jan 08, 2021
Kaduna have highest rate of kidnapping in Nigeria.... I could remember my first time to travel to kaduna, the bus I boarded was drived safely from enugu until we got to kaduna when bandit in army uniform block the road and collect all our belongings and kidnaps some passenger.

The fact is that all the northern state of Nigeria have security challenges.... And doesn't worth visiting. Even the kogi state mentioned above have nothing to attract visitors

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Five Northern Cities That Attract Visitors In Nigeria by ofiko123(m): 11:11am On Jan 08, 2021
Nice thread...
Re: Five Northern Cities That Attract Visitors In Nigeria by humilitypays(m): 11:14am On Jan 08, 2021
Arewa247:
Which cities in Northern Nigeria are frequented more by visitors? Surprisingly, the north is still attracting investors and generating tourism revenue yearly to the Nigerian government. We have listed five states you may love to visit in the north that are exciting and full of life. We would not bring up the capital city, Abuja because it is unique and definitely not avoided by Nigerians.

Kano

A city known for its commercial activities in Nigeria is Kano. It is the second biggest city in the country and is dubbed the ‘Center of Commerce.’ Kano was named after the legendary Aminu Kano. It attracts hundreds of thousands of people to it including the power figures in the country. It is strategically located and has links to African countries like Cameroon, Niger, Chad and Republic of Benin by road. Its Mallam Aminu Kano International Airport serves both local and international flights. Kano is not lagging behind with hotels that range from budget hotels to luxury five star hotels. A lot of Nigerians aren’t even aware Kano is very beautiful with numerous places to visit. [hyperlink] We have listed some important places you can visit when you are in Kano.

Kaduna

Kaduna is not far away from Kano. It is barely an hour drive from the ancient city of Kano. Kaduna is called the ‘Crocodile City’ and is rich in culture and tourism. There is an even mixture of both the Christians and Muslims. Take away tourism from Kaduna, and you would embrace intellect. There are so many great educational institutions in the city which pulls a chunk of Nigerians to it as students.

Jos

The temperate weather of Jos makes it peculiar among other cities in the north usually associated with harsh weather. The town is relatively peaceful with hundreds of places to visit. Nollywood still loves this place, and once in a while great movies are shot here. Things are not expensive, and there are a lot of expatriates here. With a population of over 900,000 according to the 2006 census, Jos has become one of the biggest cities in Nigeria. Sometimes, it seems like Jos is a city in another country because of its temperate weather and the lifestyle of the people.

Lokoja

Lokoja is the confluence city that brings together rivers Niger and Benue. Today, Lokoja has become a stop-over for travelers coming to Abuja, Kaduna, Kano and other cities in the northern Nigeria. You can feel the friendliness of the people who easily mingle with strangers here.

Makurdi

Finally on our list is the city of Makurdi. It is the capital city of Benue – the food basket of the nation that has become a haven for those who love food as a business or as consumers. There are loads of tourist attractions here for you to see

God bless Arewa.
Dear Arrewa, all these hyping on writing cannot convince Nigerians from outside Northern region or foreigners to believe Northern Nigeria is safe and can host them and their investments without fear.

You should invest this energy in leading a campaign to end Almajiri system in the north which breeds religious violence and makes it easy for Islamic religious extremists to have more than enough willing children to be recruited as child militants and terrorists, and kidnappers and bandits, making the North highly volatile and unsafe.

You should invest this energy in sensitizing your young people on the need to let go of Islamic religious extremism and it's tenets that's abhors western civilisation and freedom, while encouraging religious extremism and intolerance that are part of the reasons Northern Nigeria today has gradually become the lions den where all manner of terrorists groups ranging from bandits, cattle rustlers, Boko Haram, ISWAP, Fulani herdsmen terrorists, etc now thrive like Olive tree.

All we want is a better Nigeria, a better Northern Nigeria that is safe, free of religious extremism and intolerance.

10 Likes

Re: Five Northern Cities That Attract Visitors In Nigeria by southsouthking(m): 11:14am On Jan 08, 2021
Norwichsailor:

That road is in Cross river oga

Bro feel my sarcasm
Re: Five Northern Cities That Attract Visitors In Nigeria by Chicastle: 11:14am On Jan 08, 2021
gaius01:
Arrrrrrrh

Am not from Kaduna, but I reside there.

I can testify to the facts that Kaduna is bless with school. I love it !

It's has one of the best, biggest university in West Africa, ABU to be precise. One thing I love about their educational institutions is, the low rate in tuition fees. It's very affordable !

IrepJos ! cheesy

Nah make their people gree go school nahim make the tuition fee dey low.
But yet dem no dey enter class
Re: Five Northern Cities That Attract Visitors In Nigeria by richmanrichard: 11:15am On Jan 08, 2021
Arewa247:

Kano

Kaduna

Jos

Lokoja

Makurdi

God bless Arewa.
remove jos n benue frm this your ma dness.jos n benue are middle belt

3 Likes

Re: Five Northern Cities That Attract Visitors In Nigeria by DannyG8(m): 11:17am On Jan 08, 2021
oluwadabira111:
In your dream abi!
I think he is right Kano is bigger and better than the five state of the east

My reasons are igbos done invest in there father land I wonder what will happen is igbos are been driven out of Lagos

How can you invest in someone land and you think it more safer than your land

Ibo need to wise up
Re: Five Northern Cities That Attract Visitors In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:19am On Jan 08, 2021
GamalNasser:
Nothing will take me to any northern city except Abuja under Buhari
lol, what about kogi won't you take that death trap before getting to the abuja?

1 Like

Re: Five Northern Cities That Attract Visitors In Nigeria by Omattah10: 11:21am On Jan 08, 2021
RemoveKebab:
Remove Jos, markudi and lokoja.

Stop associating middle belt states as northern territory.

Stop land grabbing.
you're correct!!

1 Like

Re: Five Northern Cities That Attract Visitors In Nigeria by respectfully: 11:22am On Jan 08, 2021
Abeg remove kogi state. The worst state in terms of development

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Current Status Of Kano 3 In 1 Underpass And Flyover (Pics) / Yankari Wikki Warm Springs Underwater Video & Photos / 15 Most Dangerous Roads Around The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.