Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,496 members, 7,826,868 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 09:59 PM

How Long Does It Take To Get Original Nigerian National ID Card?? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Long Does It Take To Get Original Nigerian National ID Card?? (29758 Views)

NIMC: National ID Card Replacement Costs N5,000 / Any Pu*sy Without A Little Bit Odour, Is Not Original– Nigerian Lady, Says / Ambode Dumps His APC ID Card, Makes Himself Unreachable To The Party Chairman. V (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Original Nigerian National ID Card?? by futurerex: 10:47am On Jan 08, 2021
Nnemuka:

lies...
Doesn't expire
Plastic de expire after 5yrs. My own expired since December, 2019. Renewal is 5K, naso I take dump am till date.
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Original Nigerian National ID Card?? by adagbon101(m): 10:47am On Jan 08, 2021
bstan12:
Dem force you for the 5k?

Dem no force me, but e get y, I don get ham. Can't stress myself for the long crowd, sun and covid 19 is real.
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Original Nigerian National ID Card?? by femi4: 10:49am On Jan 08, 2021
NaijaOlosho:

So hopefully by next year I will get it??

But why does it take this long??

2017 I couldn't verify my payoneer account because they rejected the temporary paper type
you won't get it. It's been scrapped, we are moving to digital Id card now
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Original Nigerian National ID Card?? by cassyrooy(m): 10:50am On Jan 08, 2021
zikter:
Funny enough, the expiry duration on it is 5 years from when you were captured. This means yours has already expired even before receiving it. Mine expired two years after I received it
No, it is from the day they issued your card.
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Original Nigerian National ID Card?? by bstan12: 10:51am On Jan 08, 2021
adagbon101:

Dem no force me, but e get y, I don get ham. Can't stress myself for the long crowd, sun and covid 19 is real.
then no put an like say them force you. Or he get price tag n you form sharp guy .
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Original Nigerian National ID Card?? by Mysticwebb: 10:54am On Jan 08, 2021
zikter:
Funny enough, the expiry duration on it is 5 years from when you were captured. This means yours has already expired even before receiving it. Mine expired two years after I received it
Meaning I will need to recapture or what?
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Original Nigerian National ID Card?? by cassyrooy(m): 10:56am On Jan 08, 2021
futurerex:
Plastic de expire after 5yrs. My own expired since December, 2019. Renewal is 5K, naso I take dump am till date.
Just pay and have it handy, na after another 5years you go pay again.
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Original Nigerian National ID Card?? by abbasajao(m): 10:57am On Jan 08, 2021
I got my own after 5 years of registration
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Original Nigerian National ID Card?? by Nobody: 10:58am On Jan 08, 2021
Go to your local govt where you did the registration and collect it. It should be ready by now.
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Original Nigerian National ID Card?? by toyeoye(m): 10:59am On Jan 08, 2021
Once yo have a NiN, no need for national ID card.
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Original Nigerian National ID Card?? by futurerex: 11:01am On Jan 08, 2021
cassyrooy:
Just pay and have it handy, na after another 5years you go pay again.
Why should I pay when voter's card is permanent
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Original Nigerian National ID Card?? by aniblue(m): 11:02am On Jan 08, 2021
I registered since 2015
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Original Nigerian National ID Card?? by Nobody: 11:05am On Jan 08, 2021
I did mine last year
And during the process I saw an old man there while filling the form given to me
Luckily for him he was giving the original card but i overheard him saying he came here as at 1997 to do his National ID card
I drop my pen and looked at him and shook my head for our beloved country
Antony Joshua got his original national ID the first day he stepped inside NIN office
This country just have money even if you kill someone you can’t spend more than 2hrs in cell E sure me die grin
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Original Nigerian National ID Card?? by GaniyuAnda(m): 11:05am On Jan 08, 2021
I have gotten mine because I registered at National Assembly that was 2013 February and I got it same year. Preferential treatment was given to the senators and Rep members as per treasury suckers.
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Original Nigerian National ID Card?? by toolovely(m): 11:13am On Jan 08, 2021
I registered in 2014 too in Lagos but got am SMS in 2016 that it's ready to be collected at Bonny camp. But I have already relocated to Port Harcourt. Went to NIMC office to apply for the transfer of the card to port Harcourt. Till date, I've not heard anything. I've been to their office severally, they said when it gets to ph, I will get an SMS....
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Original Nigerian National ID Card?? by Nicholas1800(m): 11:13am On Jan 08, 2021
ifex370:

7 years
it has no specific duration.
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Original Nigerian National ID Card?? by papyskinsy: 11:14am On Jan 08, 2021
6 years and stil counting.. they said I shouldn't come until I receive sms from them telling me to pick up
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Original Nigerian National ID Card?? by Nnemuka(f): 11:18am On Jan 08, 2021
Ajiswaggs:
Who told you it doesn't expired?

jadajada:
did you have one?

futurerex:

Wow
I dont know the card expires oo, my mistake. I am Sorry

But the NIN doesn't expire so what's with the card expiring?

1 Like

Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Original Nigerian National ID Card?? by Nobody: 11:21am On Jan 08, 2021
ifex370:

7 years

i am on my 5th year still using printed slip
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Original Nigerian National ID Card?? by Forumobserver12(m): 11:23am On Jan 08, 2021
Eriggs:
Naija Olosho, d Jonathan wey u dey worship on Nairaland 24/7 no give you your ID card before him pack him bag go?
Carry canoe go Otueke make u go collect am now.
Wailer.

See dem Jonathan ass lickers dey lament here. Hypocrites.

Since you want to politicize the topic...

Op registered for the National ID in 2014 and Jonathan left office the following year 2015 ,, meanwhile Buhari have been in power for almost six years, so how many years will it take a "Competent"government to print I'd cards?
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Original Nigerian National ID Card?? by samzlink: 11:24am On Jan 08, 2021
Did mine in 2014 received nothing, downloaded their app from playstore last week, put in my NIN and userID and OTP was sent to my phone, entered them and saw my details, my digital ID and QR code. Then I added my other phone numbers to my profile

Edit: Do not expect any permanent card. They don't print it anymore. Just go digital. Once you setup, it doesn't require data anymore to retrieve your ID + the app is passworded so only you can have access, your phone fingerprint is also integrated in the security feature
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Original Nigerian National ID Card?? by baralatie(m): 11:25am On Jan 08, 2021
samzlink:
Did mine in 2014 received nothing, downloaded their app from playstore last week, put in my NIN and userID and OTP was sent to my phone, entered them and saw my details, my digital ID and QR code. Then I added my other phone numbers to my profile
wow
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Original Nigerian National ID Card?? by Shed2013(m): 11:29am On Jan 08, 2021
You have to go to NIMC office and check , I went there to they office in Edo state few days to Christmas and happily i met old friend of mine who work there and he ask me my sur name and I gave him , in few minutes he took me to one office and search for mine immediately he find it and hand it over to me but the truth is that the real ID card doesn't have any value yet , secondly it expire in 5 years ..... Two years before my own to expired , so my dear don't just bother yourself if you had the slip already
NaijaOlosho:
6 Years After Registration, I Am Yet To Get My National ID Card

Fellow Nairalanders I greet you all.

I know that i am not the only one on this shoes right now.

I registered and completed the process for National ID Card with NIMC since 2014, that is about 6 Years ago.

I am yet to get it. I have gone to there office severally they kept saying its not ready.

How Long does it take to get the Original Nigerian National ID Card??

What is really causing the much delay?

Please if you work in NIMC your explanation might be off help here.
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Original Nigerian National ID Card?? by zikter(m): 11:29am On Jan 08, 2021
cassyrooy:
No, it is from the day they issued your card.
What are you telling me? It is when you were captured, shebi is what I have with me. I captured in 2015 thereabout, collected around 2018 and it expired 2020.
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Original Nigerian National ID Card?? by zikter(m): 11:30am On Jan 08, 2021
Mysticwebb:

Meaning I will need to recapture or what?
I don't know their position on expired cards o
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Original Nigerian National ID Card?? by Tundex911: 11:32am On Jan 08, 2021
We wey never register nko??

My brother or na sister you be, you beta no go kill yourself cuz of this nation

We move
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Original Nigerian National ID Card?? by Valnos: 11:34am On Jan 08, 2021
NaijaOlosho:
6 Years After Registration, I Am Yet To Get My National ID Card

Fellow Nairalanders I greet you all.

I know that i am not the only one on this shoes right now.

I registered and completed the process for National ID Card with NIMC since 2014, that is about 6 Years ago.

I am yet to get it. I have gone to there office severally they kept saying its not ready.

How Long does it take to get the Original Nigerian National ID Card??

What is really causing the much delay?

Please if you work in NIMC your explanation might be off help here.

I'm your senior o ; , since Nov 2013. They never give me.

Really tired.
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Original Nigerian National ID Card?? by Hammergirl: 11:37am On Jan 08, 2021
I was fortunate to get a soft copy of mine through the NIMC app. That is what I make use of if the need arises
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Original Nigerian National ID Card?? by samzlink: 11:39am On Jan 08, 2021
samzlink:

Edit: Do not expect any permanent card. They don't print it anymore. Just go digital. Once you setup, it doesn't require data anymore to retrieve your ID + the app is passworded so only you can have access, your phone fingerprint is also integrated in the security feature

Your NIN is confidential just like your BVN. You don't disclose it. It isn't even displayed on the card.
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Original Nigerian National ID Card?? by cassyrooy(m): 11:41am On Jan 08, 2021
zikter:
What are you telling me? It is when you were captured, shebi is what I have with me. I captured in 2015 thereabout, collected around 2018 and it expired 2020.
I captured in 2013 and collected in 2018 (it was issued in same 2018l and it will expire in 2023.

Mine is here with me and I use it on a daily.
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Original Nigerian National ID Card?? by NaijaOlosho(f): 11:44am On Jan 08, 2021
Valnos:

I'm your senior o ; , since Nov 2013. They never give me.

Really tired.

grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Delta 2023: Omo Agege Picks Friday Osanebi As Running Mate / President Tinubu Celebrates Election Tribunal Victory In India (Video) / The Destruction of Black Civilization by Chancellor Williams

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.