Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,826 members, 7,813,728 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:05 PM

Please Review The SPA I'm Building With Angular - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Please Review The SPA I'm Building With Angular (1084 Views)

I'm Building A Music App, Do You Wanna Help Test? / Are You Good With Angular/javascript / Please Review My Price comparison engine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Review The SPA I'm Building With Angular by NobleEugene5(m): 9:57am On Jan 08, 2021
Hello seniors. If you can find time, I would like you to judge the Single page application im developing in Angular for a client. Pls ignore the fact that it lacks content, were still creating that. I just want you judge how well it works as an SPA

http://mariek.eugenenoble.com.ng

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Review The SPA I'm Building With Angular by NobleEugene5(m): 10:07am On Jan 08, 2021
If you notice the website doesn't need to load through pages. so you can navigate through the app without data hence it already loaded
Re: Please Review The SPA I'm Building With Angular by Karleb(m): 10:34am On Jan 08, 2021
I'm no senior but so far so good we don't know the direction the site is going to take.

But what you have is pretty good for now.

1 Like

Re: Please Review The SPA I'm Building With Angular by NobleEugene5(m): 11:12am On Jan 08, 2021
Karleb:
I'm no senior but so far so good we don't know the direction the site is going to take.

But what you have is pretty good for now.
Thanks means a lot. All these Angular SPAs are so hard to edit
Re: Please Review The SPA I'm Building With Angular by cixak95211: 3:08pm On Jan 08, 2021
NobleEugene5:
If you notice the website doesn't need to load through pages. so you can navigate through the app without data hence it already loaded

Nothing new, sir. All SPAs do this.
In fact, JQuery can even do it.
Re: Please Review The SPA I'm Building With Angular by cixak95211: 3:13pm On Jan 08, 2021
Now to the review. Are you quarreling with padding?
Plus images are overstretched and thus no longer legible on desktop
I like that you took the bold step, but my advice is you really need to go back to the basics of HTML and CSS
Drop the Angular framework for now, you need to understand the core technology before picking up the framework.
The site doesnt look like what was done with a framework at all. Cos the CSS i repeat CSS lacks too much substance.
If this is the foundation, its gonna look very bad when you're done.
Plus saying its for a client, is very worrisome. Like, someone will pay for it? Hmmn.
Choice of color = bad
Layout = bad
Dont rest yet. A lot of work still needs to be done.
Cheers.

2 Likes

Re: Please Review The SPA I'm Building With Angular by cixak95211: 3:17pm On Jan 08, 2021
Finally, when you're in development, stop USING final-destined URLs and i mean
dont use the URL you would be showing to the public when you're done.
Cos the search engines and bot would soon crawl that page as people are checking it out and index it.
When the site is made properly, some peeps would still be seeing old attributes/indexes
especially for some stubborn ones who dont like to clear their cache for any reason, e.g. me.
and it's gonna f*ck up your SEO real bad.
Always use a temporary disposable URL . . if you're into CI/CD,
its easy-peasy to generate one automatically during the process.
Cheers once again.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Review The SPA I'm Building With Angular by tensazangetsu20(m): 3:47pm On Jan 08, 2021
Out of the money you have taken for the job please pay a designer to make a really nice looking design for you to remake into a live site. How a site looks is very important nowadays.
Re: Please Review The SPA I'm Building With Angular by NobleEugene5(m): 4:17pm On Jan 08, 2021
Ok. I'll rebuild the site using normal html. The site looks that way cuz I used ionic framework for the style which I now know works best for mobile apps. thanks for your comments
Re: Please Review The SPA I'm Building With Angular by NobleEugene5(m): 4:21pm On Jan 08, 2021
cixak95211:
Now to the review. Are you quarreling with padding?
Plus images are overstretched and thus no longer legible on desktop
I like that you took the bold step, but my advice is you really need to go back to the basics of HTML and CSS
Drop the Angular framework for now, you need to understand the core technology before picking up the framework.
The site doesnt look like what was done with a framework at all. Cos the CSS i repeat CSS lacks too much substance.
If this is the foundation, its gonna look very bad when you're done.
Plus saying its for a client, is very worrisome. Like, someone will pay for it? Hmmn.
Choice of color = bad
Layout = bad
Dont rest yet. A lot of work still needs to be done.
Cheers.

thanks. Im actually good at css, I used ionic framework to build the site that's why it looks that way. My other projects are built in normal html
Re: Please Review The SPA I'm Building With Angular by NobleEugene5(m): 4:22pm On Jan 08, 2021
cixak95211:
Finally, when you're in development, stop USING final-destined URLs and i mean
dont use the URL you would be showing to the public when you're done.
Cos the search engines and bot would soon crawl that page as people are checking it out and index it.
When the site is made properly, some peeps would still be seeing old attributes/indexes
especially for some stubborn ones who dont like to clear their cache for any reason, e.g. me.
and it's gonna f*ck up your SEO real bad.
Always use a temporary disposable URL . . if you're into CI/CD,
its easy-peasy to generate one automatically during the process.
Cheers once again.

I know, the link is a temporal link. my site is eugenenoble.com.ng . I use subdomains to temporarily host for clients. thanks anyway

1 Like

Re: Please Review The SPA I'm Building With Angular by cixak95211: 5:22pm On Jan 08, 2021
NobleEugene5:

thanks. Im actually good at css, I used ionic framework to build the site that's why it looks that way. My other projects are built in normal html

Good in css? OK
Anyways, can i see any other projects you have?
why did you go with ionic?
Re: Please Review The SPA I'm Building With Angular by The5DME(m): 5:24pm On Jan 08, 2021
cixak95211:

Good in css? OK
Good evening sir, can I discuss something with you here on NL?
Re: Please Review The SPA I'm Building With Angular by cixak95211: 5:38pm On Jan 08, 2021
The5DME:
Good evening sir, can I discuss something with you here on NL?

Good day, yes please
Re: Please Review The SPA I'm Building With Angular by Karleb(m): 6:27pm On Jan 08, 2021
cixak95211:

Good in css? OK Anyways, can i see any other projects you have? why did you go with ionic?
This might not really be necessary.
Re: Please Review The SPA I'm Building With Angular by The5DME(m): 6:48pm On Jan 08, 2021
cixak95211:

Good day, yes please
I have interest in coding(web and application development).I'm not going to lie, I'm going into it for the money but I also have passion for it though. But you know the way the country is na, our passion needs to bring money to our pocket. Yeah, I know it will take time to start earning big. I know I'll dedicate tons of hours to perfecting my skill; but I'm ready to pay whatever price that's is required. But on nairaland, I read some posts saying " PHP dey outdated, e no dey get jobs","javascript na old language"," MERN stack too hard, dem no dey get job".you understand na , all those kind of talk. So it got me confused since I'm still a beginner and a beginner should always seek the advice of his elders when confused. So, how do you advice me to go about it?
I just want to know where to focus.
Thanks.
Re: Please Review The SPA I'm Building With Angular by cixak95211: 7:44pm On Jan 08, 2021
Karleb:

This might not really be necessary.

Boss Karleb grin grin grin True, trust me, i was only very curious to see what a site that wasnt built with ionic looks like
as against a site built with one. I felt frameworks and libraries are supposed to make the job easier and better,
but then, it now seemed like the opposite . . they are actually make it harder, and worse, and uglier. . . if u get what i mean
lol
Re: Please Review The SPA I'm Building With Angular by cixak95211: 7:50pm On Jan 08, 2021
The5DME:
I have interest in coding(web and application development).I'm not going to lie, I'm going into it for the money but I also have passion for it though. But you know the way the country is na, our passion needs to bring money to our pocket. Yeah, I know it will take time to start earning big. I know I'll dedicate tons of hours to perfecting my skill; but I'm ready to pay whatever price that's is required. But on nairaland, I read some posts saying " PHP dey outdated, e no dey get jobs","javascript na old language"," MERN stack too hard, dem no dey get job".you understand na , all those kind of talk. So it got me confused since I'm still a beginner and a beginner should always seek the advice of his elders when confused. So, how do you advice me to go about it?
I just want to know where to focus.
Thanks.

I think I will give you the best advice I have ever thought of giving anybody on this forum.
Learn C first, as most interpreted languages are built ontop of it.
Learning C will push you into the fundamentals of programming and computer science.
If you have time you can go for C++ and C# additionally.
When you are done with C, your eyes would be opened enough, and trust me, you'll know where to go next.
To build a very good house, you need a lay a very strong foundation.
Bad foundation, house will collapse.
You choose.
Re: Please Review The SPA I'm Building With Angular by The5DME(m): 7:53pm On Jan 08, 2021
cixak95211:

I think I will give you the best advice I have ever thought of giving anybody on this forum.
Learn C first, as most interpreted languages are built ontop of it.
Learning C will push you into the fundamentals of programming and computer science.
If you have time you can go for C++ and C# additionally.
When you are done with C, your eyes would be opened enough, and trust me, you'll know where to go next.
To build a very good house, you need a lay a very strong foundation.
Bad foundation, house will collapse.
You choose.
Thank you very much sir.........
Re: Please Review The SPA I'm Building With Angular by tensazangetsu20(m): 8:06pm On Jan 08, 2021
The5DME:
Thank you very much sir.........
grin grin cheesy cc karleb. Senior developers wicked die sha cheesy
Re: Please Review The SPA I'm Building With Angular by The5DME(m): 8:07pm On Jan 08, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

guy una dey confuse person like this sha.......... Las las we go dey alright.

Person ask you for advice, you just ignore mention. Nawa sef
Re: Please Review The SPA I'm Building With Angular by tensazangetsu20(m): 8:10pm On Jan 08, 2021
The5DME:
guy una dey confuse person like this sha.......... Las las we go dey alright.

Person ask you for advice, you just ignore mention. Nawa sef
Really I didn't see this mention O. Avoid C programming. You can learn programming with any language and you can also pick up computer science fundamentals (data structures and algorithms with any programming language) my favourite DSA book grokking algorithms has everything outlined in python. CTCI uses Java. C is a very verbose large language o. You go learn tire with absolutely nothing to show for it after 6 months grin grin.
Re: Please Review The SPA I'm Building With Angular by The5DME(m): 8:11pm On Jan 08, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

Really I didn't see this mention O.
I did na......... Anyways I just wanted to ask you for skills that are in demand in Nigeria for one to learn.
Re: Please Review The SPA I'm Building With Angular by tensazangetsu20(m): 8:12pm On Jan 08, 2021
The5DME:
I did na......... Anyways I just wanted to ask you for skills that are in demand in Nigeria for one to learn.
Honestly web development. I have outlined the steps I would recommend over and over again to newbies. Learn the basics and find a niche. Make sure to get certified in the niche you choose.

1 Like

Re: Please Review The SPA I'm Building With Angular by Karleb(m): 8:26pm On Jan 08, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

You want start fight for here. cheesy

Actually, the bros comes off as controversial many times but I always find his comments insightful even the controversial ones.

I think I understand why he suggested C. Most modern languages were built on it. Learning C might not get anyone a job soon but it will give the confidence to tackle any modern programming language.

I think the questionnaire was not so direct in his question.
Re: Please Review The SPA I'm Building With Angular by NobleEugene5(m): 8:42pm On Jan 08, 2021
cixak95211:

Good in css? OK
eugenenoble.com.ng
odapfarms.com ...
just simple sites done in code.

I went with ionic cuz I wanted to do something I haven't seen done in Nigeria before. You know... for sake of innovation
Re: Please Review The SPA I'm Building With Angular by cixak95211: 9:51pm On Jan 08, 2021
NobleEugene5:

eugenenoble.com.ng
odapfarms.com ...
just simple sites done in code.

I went with ionic cuz I wanted to do something I haven't seen done in Nigeria before. You know... for sake of innovation

So i perused both sites. And let me start with the negatives first.
Both sites look very similar even though they have different audiences. Makes me feel you slapped a "theme" on both and "edited" the contents.
You still have an issue with padding, I guess you always forget . . Perhaps add a padding on your overall html parent, so even if you forget, at least, you've got a backup.

Positives.
They look better than the one posted at the onset. And yeah, they are good enough for medium static web projects.

Advice:
Still go back to HTML and CSS. Spend another thorough 6mths there.
Dont bother to thank me later.
Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Please Review The SPA I'm Building With Angular by cixak95211: 9:56pm On Jan 08, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

Wicked keh?
Be like them never ask you to rotate tree before?
or implement Buddy Buffering on a white-board during a technical interview.
At that point, the Python, Javascript, MERN abi na MEAN that you know will fail you.
That my friend, is the height of wickedness. grin grin grin
Re: Please Review The SPA I'm Building With Angular by NobleEugene5(m): 10:09pm On Jan 08, 2021
cixak95211:

Both sites look very similar even though they have different audiences. Makes me feel you slapped a "theme" on both and "edited" the contents.
You still have an issue with padding, I guess you always forget . . Perhaps add a padding on your overall html parent, so even if you forget, at least, you've got a backup.

Positives.
They look better than the one posted at the onset. And yeah, they are good enough for medium static web projects.

Advice:
Cheers.
Thanks, that's encouraging considering the fact I'm a 15 year old self thought developer.

2 Likes

Re: Please Review The SPA I'm Building With Angular by NobleEugene5(m): 10:12pm On Jan 08, 2021
cixak95211:

Positives.

Advice:
Cheers.
Do you perhaps have any sites youve done in HTML I can learn from...
Re: Please Review The SPA I'm Building With Angular by cixak95211: 10:14pm On Jan 08, 2021
NobleEugene5:

Thanks, that's encouraging considering the fact I'm a 15 year old self thought developer.

Around 9, 10 I was hitting about 90WPM on a typing test. Thanks to my elder sis
who brought home a typewriter.
At 15, I expect you've already set yourself on the path for great things.
So if someone tells you've done something badly, don't use your age as an excuse for failure.
Not everybody lived long enough to see 15.
Do good and be good and be great.
Cheers.

4 Likes

Re: Please Review The SPA I'm Building With Angular by cixak95211: 10:16pm On Jan 08, 2021
NobleEugene5:

Do you perhaps have any sites youve done in HTML I can learn from...

I don't do "sites" anymore, same goes for HTML
Send a PM, let's talk.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Getting A Job As A Programmer / What Programming Language Is This Pls ?? / Please I want to be A Front-End Engr.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.