Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,992 members, 7,828,506 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:42 AM

Bon Presidential Debate:was It Ok - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bon Presidential Debate:was It Ok (3654 Views)

Poll: After Watching The Interview. Will You Vote For GEJ/PDP?

Yes: 22% (29 votes)
No: 77% (100 votes)
This poll has ended

The Lagos State Debate Was The Litmus Test For APC / Ne / The BON Presidential Debate Of March 29th: Dara vs Ndok vs Utomi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bon Presidential Debate:was It Ok by JimmyBoy1: 4:00pm On Mar 31, 2011
‎​During the debate GEJ said " I do not put my personal interest over the ineterest of the party, my party leaders can confirm this". This president was courting his party leaders on national TV. Who are these leaders, OBJ, IBB,Anenih, Ciroma, Bode George etc. This man will do these people's bidding if we vote him in.
Re: Bon Presidential Debate:was It Ok by Demdem(m): 4:12pm On Mar 31, 2011
GEJ told us the reason (which to me were lame) why he didnt show up for the NN24 debate but kept mute about Doyin Okupe's (his aide) angle. This guy represented GEJ during the preparation and the date was even changed just to accomodate him and yet he didnt show up

Q1) Did doyin okupe trully represented you during the planning of the NN24 debate (remember, doyin is around and havent come out to deny this)
Q2) was the date of the debate screwed to favour your attendance.
Q3) what informed your last mnute change? it was reported it was because the organizers didnt give you the expo you requested for. pls sir, what informed your last minute decision for not attending
Q4) sir, were you not aware of the limited reach NN24 has before you sent your aide to represent you there?
Q5) Sir how come the issue of limited reach of NN24 became a problem suddenly after it was time to go for the debate.

these and many more are the questions i expected those panelist to ask about this issue.

and for the organizers of this charade, i have these questions for them

Q1) can u kindly define what you meant by a debate
Q2) can u explain the exclusion of some presidential candidates like Momodu (NCP) and Okotie (Fresh) from the debate
Q3) having known for more than a week that 3 candidates wont be present, why was it difficult to re-schuffle the available candidates even so as to avoid a situation where one person will have to 'debate' alone
Re: Bon Presidential Debate:was It Ok by uche13: 4:15pm On Mar 31, 2011
The other three prominent candidates just shot themselves in the foot by their withdrawal from the BON debate. If GEJ absence from the NN24 debate was a ploy to anger the other candidates in order for them not to attend the BON debate which was a wider platform for them to sell themselves, then i must say that the strategy worked. Whilst not lauding the attitude of GEJ for not attending the NN24 debate, the question is how many Nigerians have DSTV or access to DSTV at home. Do those in the rural areas even know that there sth like dstv even exists. For those who own one, how many Nigerians (using Lagos as a case study) are at home at 7:00pm. The fact is that most people are at work with some stuck up in traffic. The debate yesterday was on all tv and radio stations around the country and even those who found themselves on the road had the opportunity to listen via radio.  You can imagine the millions of Nigerians who listened to GEJ sell himself to the nation with little or no interruption. When the man wins the election they all would then shout rigging wen they with or without knowing aided his win. Even minus the debate of yesterday, which of the other presidential aspirants have campaigned as much as GEJ. Though we laugh at Dame Patience Jonathan abuse of the English Language(which i find personally hilarious) how many of the wives of the aspirants have campaigned as much as she has done on behalf of her husband. When Political parties are ready to get rid of PDP  then we(Nigerians) will now
Re: Bon Presidential Debate:was It Ok by symbianDON(m): 4:20pm On Mar 31, 2011
for those condemning the nn24 debate because it is only available on dstv, you may wish to note these:
the nn24 debate was not available exclusively on nn24. it was available on other channels and if nta wanted, they could have hooked on to nn24
most people who can afford television sets, these days, don't bother with nta
even if they wanted to, there's practically no electricity to power it except for some who have generators
from south to north, from west to east, let's call a spade a spade and not a garden spoon, a huge number of people have lost confidence in anything that is govt owned or controlled. that's how i knew the nn24 debate would floor the stand up comedy of yesterday grin
Re: Bon Presidential Debate:was It Ok by Demdem(m): 4:21pm On Mar 31, 2011
@uche 13
you definately have a point. their showing up would have been a plus for them hopefully. however, goiing through the charade again organised by the NEDG i am not so certain that these guys arent bias. if they are on the payroll of PDP, dont you think their not coming would have been a blessing in disguise for them
Re: Bon Presidential Debate:was It Ok by Blazing99: 4:23pm On Mar 31, 2011
Please lets not call this sh!t a debate. What happened is a presidental interview(PDP publicity stunt), which was made only exclusive to the ruling party. Even if the 3 biggest contenders still attended, Jo' boy wud have been avoided to face them

This prejudicial sh!t is what we need to end. People who enjoy stupidity being served to them will definitely vote for pdp
Re: Bon Presidential Debate:was It Ok by uche13: 4:35pm On Mar 31, 2011
@demdem
I understand your point about the fact that its poosible that the organisers were compromised. Anyway, its still important for a person to do his own part to the fullest so when its time to cry prejudice u would have all the necessary backing. Lemme give u an example, there r times that it is obvious in a matter that the Judge is favourably disposed to the other party. We even see cases where the opposing lawyer tries every tactic in the book to frustrate the case of the opponent. This they do by either not attending court, not filing proceses within time etc just to anger his opponent.The solution therein is to be patient and cleverly play along with both the court and the opposing counsel and not to get angry and decide to stop attending court etc. If u do that then if u decide to appeal the case u have no basis. Or would a girl decide not to write an examination because she has been promised failure by a lecturer. I stand on my decision that the trio of Ribadu, Shekarau and Buhari just played into the hands of GEJ.
Re: Bon Presidential Debate:was It Ok by Rossikk(m): 4:37pm On Mar 31, 2011
The presidential candidates who abstained from the BON debate showed themselves to be more concerned with massaging their egos, than with propagating their ideas to Nigerians.
Re: Bon Presidential Debate:was It Ok by Parnassuss(m): 4:47pm On Mar 31, 2011
symbianDON:

for those condemning the nn24 debate because it is only available on dstv, you may wish to note these:
the nn24 debate was not available exclusively on nn24. it was available on other channels and if nta wanted, they could have hooked on to nn24
even if they wanted to, there's practically no electricity to power it except for some who have generators
from south to north, from west to east, let's call a spade a spade and not a garden spoon, a huge number of people have lost confidence in anything that is govt owned or controlled. that's how i knew the nn24 debate would floor the stand up comedy of yesterday grin

POW!!! Knock Out Punchline there!!
Re: Bon Presidential Debate:was It Ok by Defender1: 5:06pm On Mar 31, 2011
When Abacha was contesting for president ALL the parties adopted him as their candidate. Why? Two reasons 1) He held the big stick(Gun)
2) He had control of the keys to the banks, the treasury and every other place that the money that Nigerians need was kept.

Today GEJ has ALL BUT been adopted by the very same people .This time for ONLY ONE REASON. He Is the one who has the keys to the MONEY.

But lets think about it. Nairaland has 573,231 members. Even if EVERY SINGLE member voted for Buhari. Would that be enough to make Buhari win the Presidential election? More so when nearly ALL of them live abroad, and sit at their computers and babble about Nigeria out of homesickness.

Nigeria "Sai Buhari"

GEJ/PDP "Sai No NEPA"
Re: Bon Presidential Debate:was It Ok by codedguy1(m): 5:15pm On Mar 31, 2011
symbianDON:

Parnassuss:

POW!!! Knock Out Punchline there!!

What is a punchline about the highlighted

Because its a presidential debate which a very important aspect of the life and leadership of this country, most people who have televisions and have not tuned to nta for a long time WILL TUNE TO NTA TO WATCH THIS.

NTA has a better network around the country than dstv, those guys that abstained did themselves a great diservice
Re: Bon Presidential Debate:was It Ok by jedisco(m): 5:52pm On Mar 31, 2011
I wonder where all these internet warriors would be on the day of voting. Most wont vote let alone protect it.
BTW Buhari does not depend on your votes but on dat of the almajiris dat will vote and lynch for him
Re: Bon Presidential Debate:was It Ok by yomifoster: 5:59pm On Mar 31, 2011
As a Christian, Im highly disappointed in Pastor Tunde Bakare. I would have thought he would advise his fellow travellers about revenge and vendetta and tell them that they are going to talk to Nigerians not GEJ. He failed to do this. This speaks volume about his irrelevance in this set-up. He has failed the first test as a pastor who should make a difference.
Re: Bon Presidential Debate:was It Ok by Nobody: 6:04pm On Mar 31, 2011
i didn't watch it, but i hope to find a video somewhere.
from what i'm hearing about the "debate," it doesn't even matter how GEJ did. the losers in this entire scenario are the voters. not one solid candidate in the group. nobody can boast of 100% attendance at all the debates, and some were even permitted from coming. the whole thing is shameful.
Re: Bon Presidential Debate:was It Ok by rasputinn(m): 6:27pm On Mar 31, 2011
The debate was very Ok as Mr President was in the homes and cars of over a hundred million people in Nigeria.This massive reach,coupled with his busy schedule as the sitting president,was the reason he couldn't make the silverbird,NN24,city people and ikebe super debates(which were attended by the other less busy aspirants,who in their blind attempt to spite mr president got their strategy very wrong by missing out on the massive opportunity to reach hundreds of millions,within and without the shores of Nigeria)

Kudos to GEJ's strategists,they're obviously light years ahead of those of Buhari and Shekarau,just as GEJ is ahead of those two dunces cool cool
Re: Bon Presidential Debate:was It Ok by alldone(m): 7:16pm On Mar 31, 2011
other candidates missed their chance to reach larger ordience that shows they cant be trusted. GEJ did well
Re: Bon Presidential Debate:was It Ok by Kobojunkie: 7:23pm On Mar 31, 2011
yomifoster:

As a Christian, Im highly disappointed in Pastor Tunde Bakare. I would have thought he would advise his fellow travellers about revenge and vendetta and tell them that they are going to talk to Nigerians not GEJ. He failed to do this. This speaks volume about his irrelevance in this set-up. He has failed the first test as a pastor who should make a difference.

I hate when people try to create the most silly out of what is. Excuse me, what has Bakare's Christianity to do with debates? Stop spewing your theology of the seriously mindf**ked about and try harder instead at making reasonable points.
Re: Bon Presidential Debate:was It Ok by akinolasam: 11:42pm On Mar 31, 2011
PDP = Problem to the People.
Re: Bon Presidential Debate:was It Ok by Eagle75: 12:32am On Apr 01, 2011
Demdem:

@uche 13
you definately have a point. their showing up would have been a plus for them hopefully. [b]however, goiing through the charade again organised by the NEDG i am not so certain that these guys arent bias. if they are on the payroll of PDP, dont you think their not coming would have been a blessing in disguise for them[/b]
@Demdem
I think their not coming did more harm than good, and if at all there was any plot to favour GEJ they would have forestalled it there and then or cried foul for all to see. In fact they were carried away by the level of support they got from people on NL & FB. Though i read a lot of post from this forum warning them not to blow this opportunity for what ever reasons, whether you called it debate, monologue, interview, project defence, or whatever, they just made it very easy for GEJ .
Re: Bon Presidential Debate:was It Ok by Kobojunkie: 4:15am On Apr 01, 2011
Eagle75:

@Demdem
I think their not coming did more harm than good, and if at all there was any plot to favour GEJ they would have forestalled it there and then or cried foul for all to see. In fact they were carried away by the level of support they got from people on NL & FB. Though i read a lot of post from this forum warning them not to blow this opportunity for what ever reasons, whether you called it debate, monologue, interview, project defence, or whatever, they just made it very easy for GEJ .

I disagree! That the 3 candidates announced clearly and to the nation that they would not show up, affected this debate in no way. NEDG, if it were really serious, would have shuffled the candidates about as it probably did anyways considering two of them rather than being moved to debate with Jonathan were disinvited instead(Lord knows why an I hope we find out soon).

And honestly the quality of questions asked, and the responses were appalling. Imagine the question on corruption and the response a sitting president gave millions of Nigerians who corruption continue to rob of a chance at a better life.

So, yes, he was probably able to reach many more Nigerians, and yes, the questions were extremely easy for him, even though his responses were primary-schoolish but I don't think that the missing candidates were responsible for the monologue. NEDG probably!
Re: Bon Presidential Debate:was It Ok by Ecash1: 8:16am On Apr 01, 2011
It is okay for GEJ but not for other aspirant and the Nation.
Re: Bon Presidential Debate:was It Ok by Demdem(m): 8:22am On Apr 01, 2011
Eagle75:

@Demdem

@Eagle75

In addition to what Kobo said up there, i believe it would have gone either ways (50-50). The NEDG most likel;y was on PDP payroll and i honestly dont trust anything these guys lay their hands on. I personally wouldnt have attended sha.
Re: Bon Presidential Debate:was It Ok by zoraro(m): 10:30am On Apr 01, 2011

A lot of people are obviously very ignorant here. BON comprises all TV and Radio stations in Nigeria (public and privately owned) not only NTA.
Re: Bon Presidential Debate:was It Ok by 1money: 10:36am On Apr 01, 2011
Ride on GEJ.U don win
Re: Bon Presidential Debate:was It Ok by Nobody: 12:12pm On Apr 01, 2011
Buhari has a proven track record of performing as Head of State and Chairman of PTF.

As Head of State he stamped out corruption

Reduced crime rate to low level

Reduced inflation from 39% to 5.5%

Most people here know how the PTF positively impacted their lives
Re: Bon Presidential Debate:was It Ok by Eagle75: 1:44pm On Apr 01, 2011
Kobojunkie:

I disagree! That the 3 candidates announced clearly and to the nation that they would not show up, affected this debate in no way. NEDG, if it were really serious, would have shuffled the candidates about as it probably did anyways considering two of them rather than being moved to debate with Jonathan were disinvited instead(Lord knows why an I hope we find out soon).

And honestly the quality of questions asked, and the responses were appalling. Imagine the question on corruption and the response a sitting president gave millions of Nigerians who corruption continue to rob of a chance at a better life.

So, yes, he was probably able to reach many more Nigerians, and yes, the questions were extremely easy for him, even though his responses were primary-schoolish but I don't think that the missing candidates were responsible for the monologue. NEDG probably!
@kobo
It will take a mind like yours to decipher all these points, though it seem more like behind the scene to me, but on stage the populace perceived a different image altogether. As for the the NEDG questions to GEJ I have one word, FRIENDLY.
Re: Bon Presidential Debate:was It Ok by AUTOKING: 8:59pm On Apr 01, 2011
The so called debate was a movie.with part 1,2,3 and 4.

Any body who support GEJ obviously does not fully understand the predicament of Nigeria.
Any body who support GEJ is obviously not objective enough .if he is fighting corruption ,what is waziri still doing at the EFCC?,
Answer me who are the allies of GEJ or will a man make a forest.?

If you understand the dynamics of leadership,you will realise that Nigeria does not need Mr Nice who want to please everyone but a decisive ,visionary leader who is willing to take his nation to the next level level of development and ready to make the required sacrifices.

As a true Nigeria,i want the greatness of this country and we need men courageous enough to bring about the desired change.

GER is choked by corrupt elites who benefited from the inefficiency of the system.And mr GEJ cannot look at them straight in the Eye.

it so so pathetic.!!!!

Vote for change not religion or ethnic affiliation.
Let us make Nigeria greater.
Re: Bon Presidential Debate:was It Ok by Eagle75: 8:26am On Apr 02, 2011
AUTOKING:

The so called debate was a movie.with part 1,2,3 and 4.

Any body who support GEJ obviously does not fully understand the predicament of Nigeria.
Any body who support GEJ is obviously not objective enough .if he is fighting corruption ,what is waziri still doing at the EFCC?,
Answer me who are the allies of GEJ or will a man make a forest.?

If you understand the dynamics of leadership,you will realise that Nigeria does not need Mr Nice who want to please everyone but a decisive ,visionary leader who is willing to take his nation to the next level level of development and ready to make the required sacrifices.

As a true Nigeria,i want the greatness of this country and we need men courageous enough to bring about the desired change.

GER is choked by corrupt elites who benefited from the inefficiency of the system.And mr GEJ cannot look at them straight in the Eye.

it so so pathetic.!!!!

Vote for change not religion or ethnic affiliation.
Let us make Nigeria greater.
@Autoking
And who is the change?
Re: Bon Presidential Debate:was It Ok by Kobojunkie: 1:47pm On Apr 02, 2011
Eagle75:

@Autoking
And who is the change?

I believe what he means is anything order than the status quo is BETTER!! grin
Re: Bon Presidential Debate:was It Ok by Azedplus(m): 9:14am On Apr 03, 2011
do you know that the chairman of the organiser of debate MR TAIWO ALIMI is a PDP member in ogun state.he once came 2 political platform ( raypower fm daily prog. 9, 15 am ) to justify his own version of democ. where a minority of Group of 9 will superceed a group of 13 legislators turning the state to anarchy.What do you expect from such a man.Its just painful that other agencies in this were bought over.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is Olusegun Aganga A Corrupt Impostor? / Ekiti To Get Army Unit –ihejerika / A Copy Of Letter Bakare Refused To Sign In 2011.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.