Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,673 members, 7,809,561 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:15 AM

PHOTOS : How Do I Track A Fraudulent POS Transaction? - Crime (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / PHOTOS : How Do I Track A Fraudulent POS Transaction? (46359 Views)

Fraudulent POS Transaction, How Did You Discover The Culprit? / How Fraudulent POS Agents Can Use Your ATM Card To Withdraw Without OTP From You / Nigerian Bags A One-year Jail Term For Operating A Fraudulent Facebook Account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PHOTOS : How Do I Track A Fraudulent POS Transaction? by Alanta080: 2:44pm On Jan 09, 2021
Stanbic bank

Visit imoloaded.com
Re: PHOTOS : How Do I Track A Fraudulent POS Transaction? by Jimmyubah2: 2:45pm On Jan 09, 2021
lizarazus:
Just go to STANBIC BANK and lodge a POS dispense error form. Fill in the details; the merchant name, tranx date, tranx amount. So far no response come from the owner of the POS, the amount will be reversed. That is if koney is still in that account.
As far as the agent has it's approved transaction receipt of that particular transaction as evidence, nothing will happen.

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS : How Do I Track A Fraudulent POS Transaction? by Freddd009: 2:46pm On Jan 09, 2021
mabeni:
On the 6th of January, the sum of Twenty Five Thousand (25000) Naira was fraudulently withdrawn from my wife's Stanbic ibtc Bank Account. What baffles me was she didn't get alert for the transactions till even as i types this. She found out her money was missing when she bought airtime directly from her account.

We went to the bank to get statements of her account put realised her ATM CARD was used on the POS centre and machine below in the picture.

Please, how do we track this transaction?
Thanks

This is it my brother. It is not POS because u didn't receive the alert on your phone which is not possible. This is an insider job. Someone who is very close to u. The person does not need ur Atm. Just used ur phone to log into ur online banking, transferred the money to an arranged POS machine, waits for d alert to drop on your phone, then deletes it immediately. So, there's no how u will notice anything until ur next transaction n that's if u remembered ur last balance. This is why u should always password ur phone. Everybody is a suspect once u have a mobile banking app on ur phone.
Re: PHOTOS : How Do I Track A Fraudulent POS Transaction? by kbright2(m): 3:05pm On Jan 09, 2021
You've no point. Any POS agent that still receives direct transfer is toying with snake head. When he/she falls victim of a bad customer that transfer fund from someone else account then you will know what "Akoba" trouble really is.
OP wife is the one at fault for entrusting her PIN to someone. Your PIN is "Personal Identification Number" not "Everyone"
Her card was used on merchant terminal to purchased goods. If she knows the shop, she may request for their CCTV footage for that day and note the transaction time through her bank.
No one is innocent except the owner of the ATM. Who knows whether is OP himself that used his wife ATM and pretends he cares by posting this here. I had worked in a bank for more than 8yrs, so have seen a lot when it comes to ATM fraud.
I have seen a case where the husband is the one that used his wife ATM when she traveled and almost bit up a colleague when fighting for his wife but never knew the ATM captured him that evening when he withdrew then money. When we later got the footage they were begging us not to arrest him. So not all POS agents are fraudulent as you're claiming. I use POS as well and no one has ever defrauded me,the agents are even friendly.
quote author=Tenshades post=97864118]Using ATM Card at POS terminals puts you at risks.
Try as much as possible to make USSD transfer to the POS agent account when you need to transact.

You need to run away from any POS agent who refuses to receive transfer from you.

No let dem run you street.

[/quote]
Re: PHOTOS : How Do I Track A Fraudulent POS Transaction? by Tenshades(m): 3:16pm On Jan 09, 2021
kbright2:
You've no point. Any POS agent that still receives direct transfer is toying with snake head. When he/she falls victim of a bad customer that transfer fund from someone else account then you will know what "Akoba" trouble really is.
OP wife is the one at fault for entrusting her PIN to someone. Your PIN is "Personal Identification Number" not "Everyone"
Her card was used on merchant terminal to purchased goods. If she knows the shop, she may request for their CCTV footage for that day and note the transaction time through her bank.
No one is innocent except the owner of the ATM. Who knows whether is OP himself that used his wife ATM and pretends he cares by posting this here. I had worked in a bank for more than 8yrs, so have seen a lot when it comes to ATM fraud.
I have seen a case where the husband is the one that used his wife ATM when she traveled and almost bit up a colleague when fighting for his wife but never knew the ATM captured him that evening when he withdrew then money. When we later got the footage they were begging us not to arrest him. So not all POS agents are fraudulent as you're claiming. I use POS as well and no one has ever defrauded me,the agents are even friendly.
quote author=Tenshades post=97864118]Using ATM Card at POS terminals puts you at risks.
Try as much as possible to make USSD transfer to the POS agent account when you need to transact.

You need to run away from any POS agent who refuses to receive transfer from you.

You said I have no point. Yet, you said no one is innocent except the owner of the ATM card.

Also, where did I mention 'ALL POS AGENTS ARE FRAUDULENT?'
Re: PHOTOS : How Do I Track A Fraudulent POS Transaction? by mabeni(m): 3:19pm On Jan 09, 2021
HabaHaba:

There's the name of the POS agent in that receipt. Why not search for that agent and then arrest him using Civil defense corps.

Usually its eve EFCC that people report to, and they work like wonders!

But be careful you don't implicate the wrong person.
Meanwhile, have you filled complaint forms at the bank a d follow up with the EFCC?

You will surely recover your money, don't worry. Eventually na you go dey tell people how to recover fraudulently stolen monies.
Shallom!
yes. I have been trying to get the exact location of the POS machine and operator but my all my efforts proved abortive. Thanks for your contribution
Re: PHOTOS : How Do I Track A Fraudulent POS Transaction? by Bishop1monte(m): 3:26pm On Jan 09, 2021
kbright2:

Stop lies

Transfer puts POS agents at greater risk because one won't know if the person is fraudulent of not
Re: PHOTOS : How Do I Track A Fraudulent POS Transaction? by Bishop1monte(m): 3:28pm On Jan 09, 2021
mabeni:
yes. I have been trying to get the exact location of the POS machine and operator but my all my efforts proved abortive. Thanks for your contribution

Visit the company and ask for the POS agent or just go ahead and fill a dispute form and make sure you follow it

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS : How Do I Track A Fraudulent POS Transaction? by BillyGilmour: 3:41pm On Jan 09, 2021
Jimmyubah2:

People you don't know or people you know?
people I know
Typo error smiley

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS : How Do I Track A Fraudulent POS Transaction? by mabeni(m): 3:50pm On Jan 09, 2021
Honduras:
@Poster, go to your bank and write for charge-back.... merchant will be notified, by merchant bank or company....the merchant will be requested to provide details of the customer that did the withdrawal. Or alternatively, you can send a mail to Paystack with details of the transaction including date, amount and screenshot or statement of account, they will reply you and as well contact the POS agent. Its very easy to trace POS transactions because company who provides POS services are doing their very best in protecting customers interest. Regards.
I will surely try the two options.
Thanks
Re: PHOTOS : How Do I Track A Fraudulent POS Transaction? by Pharaoh4rin(m): 4:09pm On Jan 09, 2021
Crunchyg2:

Yea, will be waiting for your response. Thanks

I'll chat you at about 9pm. Cheers
Re: PHOTOS : How Do I Track A Fraudulent POS Transaction? by chatinent: 4:14pm On Jan 09, 2021
Hello.
Hire me track your scammer.
Re: PHOTOS : How Do I Track A Fraudulent POS Transaction? by TrebleChamp(m): 4:17pm On Jan 09, 2021
mabeni:
On the 6th of January, the sum of Twenty Five Thousand (25000) Naira was fraudulently withdrawn from my wife's Stanbic ibtc Bank Account. What baffles me was she didn't get alert for the transactions till even as i types this. She found out her money was missing when she bought airtime directly from her account.

We went to the bank to get statements of her account put realised her ATM CARD was used on the POS centre and machine below in the picture.

Thanks
The bank should be able to tell you na, at least the should where the money went and the account details..
Re: PHOTOS : How Do I Track A Fraudulent POS Transaction? by miniziter(m): 4:49pm On Jan 09, 2021
BillyGilmour:
CM for paga
Drop ur number.... Let share idea
Pos wahala no be small
I only accept transfer from people I know.... Dat my new policy
Same here or if the person have ID card
Re: PHOTOS : How Do I Track A Fraudulent POS Transaction? by Crunchyg2: 4:57pm On Jan 09, 2021
Pharaoh4rin:

I'll chat you at about 9pm. Cheers
OK, cheers

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS : How Do I Track A Fraudulent POS Transaction? by niyidenrele: 5:14pm On Jan 09, 2021
Anfield247:
Somebody might have snaped her atm card, and I guess it's somebody that is close to her that did it. They also deleted the debit alert too...
same thing happened to me yesterday, immediately after withdrawing my remaining balance, I quickly sent an email complaint to the bank headquarters, to my amazement, the money was restored and returned back
Re: PHOTOS : How Do I Track A Fraudulent POS Transaction? by niyidenrele: 5:14pm On Jan 09, 2021
mabeni:

Thanks

same thing happened to me yesterday, immediately after withdrawing my remaining balance, I quickly sent an email complaint to the bank headquarters, to my amazement, the money was restored and returned back
Re: PHOTOS : How Do I Track A Fraudulent POS Transaction? by Jimmyubah2: 5:38pm On Jan 09, 2021
BillyGilmour:
people I know
Typo error smiley
Na so.
Re: PHOTOS : How Do I Track A Fraudulent POS Transaction? by Krigbe: 6:16pm On Jan 09, 2021
miniziter:
Only God will help a POS operator in this country. Police will arrest you on top Nosense thing, arm robbers will come for and thesame police won't help, charge backs, even money, fake money, dem o see the money, the money wey you give me no correct (after leaving o), fraudulent transaction, etc. Make una pray for us o.
Bro I tire POS operator don see lot.but they need to keep their integrity and credibility

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS : How Do I Track A Fraudulent POS Transaction? by miniziter(m): 6:45pm On Jan 09, 2021
Krigbe:

Bro I tire POS operator don see lot.but they need to keep their integrity and credibility

We will keep preaching for them
Re: PHOTOS : How Do I Track A Fraudulent POS Transaction? by richeso: 8:41pm On Jan 09, 2021
this is the trick. many POS guys out there are not real. some carry POS machine , those android version, which they already infected with pos malware.
now when you insert your card. the malware gets all the details from the card. and when you put your pin, it is recorded too. after few min the full details is taken the pos will purge out your atm and the bastards will tell you network problem or one flimsy excuse.
after few days or even week. to be sure you have possibly use your atm elsewhere and forgotten about them. they will either use the same details and pin to register mobile banking or make a clone atm and use on shopping malls POS machines. they use it to buy things.

i lost over 200k in this regards and traced it and that's how i get to know it. since then. i don't use POS machines, even some ATM self i don't use.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: PHOTOS : How Do I Track A Fraudulent POS Transaction? by Oceanfield: 9:36pm On Jan 09, 2021
Virtplus:
bro I'm about starting the business,whc i intend using an opay,,,i hv been on it since 3days now.still waiting to be approved to the level of agent...how much do u tink dey would collect from me? I mean both the person dat help me register nd the opay operator..please urgently needed

Download opay app and upload the required documents as requested in each level this will get you to the agent level. Don't pay anyone for it. When you are about to be issued the POS machine you go to opay office to verify the account don't pay money into unverified account .
Goodluck

2 Likes

Re: PHOTOS : How Do I Track A Fraudulent POS Transaction? by DesiBABA(m): 11:44pm On Jan 09, 2021
Transfer is not part of their official right, it will be considered ilegal
Tenshades:
Using ATM Card at POS terminals puts you at risks.

Re: PHOTOS : How Do I Track A Fraudulent POS Transaction? by Nobody: 11:54pm On Jan 09, 2021
be at alert, anyone could be a suspect.
Re: PHOTOS : How Do I Track A Fraudulent POS Transaction? by Virtplus(m): 1:42am On Jan 10, 2021
Oceanfield:

Download opay app and upload the required documents as requested in each level this will get you to the agent level. Don't pay anyone for it. When you are about to be issued the POS machine you go to opay office to verify the account don't pay money into unverified account .
Goodluck
tanx bro....what dey told me was to pay 40k...20k for d POS and 20k for d person dat registered for me...hw will i know if dey had verified my opay account??and where can i get the POS in Edo state
Re: PHOTOS : How Do I Track A Fraudulent POS Transaction? by fabraham(m): 4:05am On Jan 10, 2021
mabeni:

Thanks

This is the address of the company 7OLUMOSTREETONIKE,YABA,LAGOS,LAGOS,when searched on CAC portal. Take it up from there.

Nigeria no go spoil.
Re: PHOTOS : How Do I Track A Fraudulent POS Transaction? by Tenshades(m): 8:03am On Jan 10, 2021
richeso:
this is the trick. many POS guys out there are not real. some carry POS machine , those android version, which they already infected with pos malware.
now when you insert your card. the malware gets all the details from the card. and when you put your pin, it is recorded too. after few min the full details is taken the pos will purge out your atm and the bastards will tell you network problem or one flimsy excuse.
after few days or even week. to be sure you have possibly use your atm elsewhere and forgotten about them. they will either use the same details and pin to register mobile banking or make a clone atm and use on shopping malls POS machines. they use it to buy things.

i lost over 200k in this regards and traced it and that's how i get to know it. since then. i don't use POS machines, even some ATM self i don't use.

When I said such thing happens, they begin to spark but in reality, it happens.

Bishop1monte
kbright2
honesty4Nigeria
miniziter
horgarzer
jimmyubah2
emimore
highness25

Ya'll should counter the post above grin
Re: PHOTOS : How Do I Track A Fraudulent POS Transaction? by Oceanfield: 8:09am On Jan 10, 2021
Virtplus:
tanx bro....what dey told me was to pay 40k...20k for d POS and 20k for d person dat registered for me...hw will i know if dey had verified my opay account??and where can i get the POS in Edo state

I don't live in Edo state but I got this address from google . Go and check it out. Don't pay money on your first visit to the place . Make your research by asking people arrond there to confirm

Re: PHOTOS : How Do I Track A Fraudulent POS Transaction? by miniziter(m): 8:30am On Jan 10, 2021
Tenshades:

Bishop1monte
kbright2
honesty4Nigeria
miniziter
horgarzer
jimmyubah2
emimore
highness25

Does this now mean that its what all POS does?
This is my 5th year in the business and thank God that people know us for our integrity. I have never changed my location for once because I am not dubious.

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS : How Do I Track A Fraudulent POS Transaction? by Jimmyubah2: 2:18pm On Jan 10, 2021
Tenshades:

Bishop1monte
kbright2
honesty4Nigeria
miniziter
horgarzer
jimmyubah2
emimore
highness25

I have no idea of what he is talking about.
I am a real POS agent with integrity. I don't know about others.

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS : How Do I Track A Fraudulent POS Transaction? by kbright2(m): 7:56pm On Jan 10, 2021
Yeah! I will surely counter the post. How sure are you that those that perpetrated the fraud was a POS agent? I wonder why you guys jump into conclusion that any ATM fraud is carried out by POS agent.
If you will be sincere to my question I'll appreciate it.
Do you have an Opay account probably, you're using it to take their bike then or any online account you fund using your ATM? If yes then, you might have been scammed by one of these site it may not be a POS agent as you think. Most of this agent are not IT inclined as you think and not all are fraudulent.
Tenshades:

Bishop1monte
kbright2
honesty4Nigeria
miniziter
horgarzer
jimmyubah2
emimore
highness25

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS : How Do I Track A Fraudulent POS Transaction? by Ezzywaymadu(m): 11:10pm On Jan 10, 2021
Anfield247:

And do what?
Choop food

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Yoruba Farmer Kills Fulani Herdsman In Akoko Ondo As Cattle Destroy His Crop / Polyana Viana Beats Thief Who Wanted To Rob Her / Fulani Herdsmen Rape Young Girl (Screenshot of video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.