Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,186 members, 7,953,659 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 10:06 PM

My Childhood Memories -photos - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Childhood Memories -photos (5076 Views)

My Childhood Friend, Spiritual Guide Told Me My Mother-In-Law Is A Witch / Children's Day: Childhood Memories, Fun Games That Got You Amused / Children's Day 2019: What Is One Of Your Favorite Childhood Memories? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Childhood Memories -photos by Nobody: 8:20am On Jan 09, 2021
CalliDora1:

Aww.. I remember I used to call this drink *scrush". It was my favorite back then.

Schweppes was way better. You should have tried it. smiley

1 Like

Re: My Childhood Memories -photos by Nobody: 8:21am On Jan 09, 2021
Nicklaus619:

Aswear, it's uniqueness was next to none.
2000 kids can never relate with this one cheesy

Yeah, that's true.

I stopped seeing that drink in the late 90s.

1 Like

Re: My Childhood Memories -photos by Nobody: 8:23am On Jan 09, 2021
OP, include pictures of Operation Sweep now!

That is also part of our 'childhood memories'.

Everywhere I went in those days, I saw those guys. smiley
Re: My Childhood Memories -photos by Nobody: 8:26am On Jan 09, 2021
Diffpussies:
grin More

In that order:

Crush, Krest, Tandy Guarana... RIP.
Re: My Childhood Memories -photos by femi4: 8:50am On Jan 09, 2021
Tandi advert then...one of my favorite

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Lgw_7WF7Rk

2 Likes

Re: My Childhood Memories -photos by JhimmySpark(m): 8:53am On Jan 09, 2021
.. It's the moi moi in those tin for me... What of cars we make with tins of milk and bournvita, op can u get those pictures too? Good old days. Life was easier then.
Re: My Childhood Memories -photos by mohims(m): 9:03am On Jan 09, 2021
Wow! How time flies. Sweet and beautiful memories. Indomie generation will not understand this.
Re: My Childhood Memories -photos by Nobody: 9:14am On Jan 09, 2021
mansakhalifa:

Schweppes was way better. You should have tried it. smiley

Naa... As a kid, I didn't like Schweppes because it had a little bitter taste then. grin
Re: My Childhood Memories -photos by Nobody: 9:15am On Jan 09, 2021
Nicklaus619:

Crush actually taste better and more unique than fanta or any other soda of today, was my favourite too grin

I'm telling you. That unique taste. cheesy

1 Like

Re: My Childhood Memories -photos by Nobody: 9:25am On Jan 09, 2021
CalliDora1:

Naa... As a kid, I didn't like Schweppes because it had a little bitter taste then. grin

Guess you never came across the pineapple flavour.

1 Like

Re: My Childhood Memories -photos by Nobody: 9:29am On Jan 09, 2021
mansakhalifa:

Guess you never came across the pineapple flavour.

I did but then it was only for adults as we were made to believe though. It was even rumoured then that some big aunties used it for abortion. So, my parents didn't allow us to take it.

1 Like

Re: My Childhood Memories -photos by Nobody: 9:35am On Jan 09, 2021
CalliDora1:

I did but then it was only for adults as we were made to believe though. It was even rumoured then that some big aunties used it for abortion. So, my parents didn't allow us to take it.

For me, it was Krest. Remember Krest? My father pulled a fast one on me by telling me that Krest was 'alcoholic'. I only found out the truth the day I did the bravest thing.

Wait... you knew what abortion was as a kid...? smiley Wow! Lol
Re: My Childhood Memories -photos by Enceladus(m): 9:49am On Jan 09, 2021
When I was a kid I almost had an overdose on krest lol. We had a big party back then and nobody touched the crates of krest so they brought it home and I started drinking it bottle by bottle. After a few bottle I was feeling anyhow and I vomited my guts out. That was the last day I touched that drink.
Re: My Childhood Memories -photos by Diffpussies(m): 9:51am On Jan 09, 2021
Enceladus:
When I was a kid I almost had an overdose on krest lol. We had a big party back then and nobody touched the crates of krest so they brought it home and I started drinking it bottle by bottle. After a few bottle I was feeling anyhow and I vomited my guts out. That was the last day I touched that drink.
well , sumtin must kill a man

1 Like

Re: My Childhood Memories -photos by Nobody: 9:51am On Jan 09, 2021
author=mansakhalifa post=97874908]

Huh? Did you understand what I said at all? I said it was rumoured by adults, not me. And if I was there when adults were talking, I won't hear what they're saying? I was smart as a kid and even smarter now. That's why I can still remember and now understand what was being said then. Mr.
Re: My Childhood Memories -photos by Enceladus(m): 9:54am On Jan 09, 2021
mansakhalifa:

For me, it was Krest. Remember Krest? My father pulled a fast one on me by telling me that Krest was 'alcoholic'. I only found out the truth the day I did the bravest thing.

What I always hear is that it is the drink for the alcoholic. Like it makes you immune to hangover.

1 Like

Re: My Childhood Memories -photos by Nobody: 10:11am On Jan 09, 2021
Enceladus:

What I always hear is that it is the drink for the alcoholic. Like it makes you immune to hangover.

For real

Could that be why my father always mixed it with his booze?

I need to investigate this ASAP.
Re: My Childhood Memories -photos by HimName: 10:12am On Jan 09, 2021
Around 10:15am on Saturday morning with a bowl of Garry.

Mummy! Mummy!! How may Mai Mai maa Kari? grin
Re: My Childhood Memories -photos by Nobody: 10:13am On Jan 09, 2021
CalliDora1:
author=mansakhalifa post=97874908]

Huh? Did you understand what I said at all? I said it was rumoured by adults, not me. And if I was there when adults were talking, I won't hear what they're saying? I was smart as a kid and even smarter now. That's why I can still remember and now understand what was being said then. Mr.

But you understood the whole 'thing' despite the fact that you were merely 'eavesdropping' on 'adult' conversation and no one explained anything to you, right?

grin She was a bad girl growing up... lol
Re: My Childhood Memories -photos by Angelacruz: 10:17am On Jan 09, 2021
Am not d op
mansakhalifa:

Hey, OP, this is one of them...

1 Like

Re: My Childhood Memories -photos by Nobody: 10:20am On Jan 09, 2021
Angelacruz:
Am not d op

I know that, right.

I was simply trying to tell the OP that you were one of those who hadn't an idea what we were discussing. grin
Re: My Childhood Memories -photos by Angelacruz: 10:28am On Jan 09, 2021
Ok...understood
mansakhalifa:

I know that, right.

I was simply trying to tell the OP that you were one of those who hadn't an idea what we were discussing. grin
Re: My Childhood Memories -photos by Nobody: 10:41am On Jan 09, 2021
Angelacruz:
Ok...understood

So, it's actually true.
Re: My Childhood Memories -photos by deltateam: 10:50am On Jan 09, 2021
GigrMedia:
the good old days.

remember reading
Without a silver spoon,
Tunji the motor mechanic,
the passport of mallam ilia,
an african night entertainment

Did you read the blind drummer boy, Eze goes to school, Chike and the river, one week, one trouble.

1 Like

Re: My Childhood Memories -photos by britiko: 11:07am On Jan 09, 2021
Diffpussies:
All these pictures are to make you relive your amazing childhood memories. I took my time to compile them just so you would be entertained.

I'm sure you remember some of them. If you don't remember any one then we are not mates. Give me some respect ���

For those of you that remember, wehdone o! I dey troway salute.

Hope you had fun going through them?

Thank U Op.

This brought a rush of emotions. Nawa o.

I remembered our favorite Cortina school shoe. My mum used to buy it from "Bata" don't know what happened to d shoe company

And d craze for this "look basket shoe " (pic 2) was outta this world. Clean it with water and Vaseline every morning and wear with ur white sparkling socks...

1 Like

Re: My Childhood Memories -photos by britiko: 11:19am On Jan 09, 2021
As a kid I would gladly drink tonic water cos of its quinine content whenever I'm down with malaria.

But I hated Club soda. This was smokers favorite. I don't know why and what they enjoyed in d drink. Smokers wetin club soda dey do?

Re: My Childhood Memories -photos by privaldo: 11:20am On Jan 09, 2021
Ah, memories of the past. Goody Goody made them beat me up but it's a story for another time.

1 Like

Re: My Childhood Memories -photos by Angelacruz: 11:46am On Jan 09, 2021
Probably
mansakhalifa:

So, it's actually true.
Re: My Childhood Memories -photos by NobleSeed(m): 11:54am On Jan 09, 2021
Indeed Memories bring back memories bring back yours .
Re: My Childhood Memories -photos by 444crop: 11:57am On Jan 09, 2021
You should be in your mid thirties
Re: My Childhood Memories -photos by Nobody: 12:06pm On Jan 09, 2021
mansakhalifa:

But you understood the whole 'thing' despite the fact that you were merely 'eavesdropping' on 'adult' conversation and no one explained anything to you, right?

grin She was a bad girl growing up... lol

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Do I Overcome This Deceit? / Is Smacking Your Children The Best Way Of Discipline? / My Wife Has Crazy Temper Tantrums

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.