Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,348 members, 7,819,243 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:13 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (1003) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1647001 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1000) (1001) (1002) (1003) (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by MzWendy: 8:25am On Jun 24, 2022
Ijchichi5190:

Send with screenshot

Here it is. Thank you.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Godwilldomyown: 9:08am On Jun 24, 2022
Thank you so much sir. I really appreciate.

I will still like to contact you for more questions and mock interview. More strength to you sir
Moshkom:

Hello, Good Day Mrs.

Sincerely, you can’t say you would want to say with your husband for 5years. Ah! It’s not advisable at all, don’t even try it, talk-less of filling it that way you on your ds160. Please oh!

The best bet is always with 2-3 months.

VO: How long would you be staying?

You: I will be staying for 2months.

VO: Why are going to the USA?

You: to help my husband is settling down or to give my husband emotional support, after which i will return back to my work place, I’m currently on a 3months work leave break.

If he’s be there before now:

You: I will going to visit my husband, my children have missed father care, now that they’re on summer break seems to be the right time to see their daddy before their resumption.

Just make something outta the above, they’re just want comes to my ‘head’ atm, not saying you should say that same way.

Don’t forget you work is your home tie, so most of your responses should be you referencing your job.

Please, don’t fill 5 years oh. Best bet 2-3months.

Don’t forget to do mocks to ace the way you put your responses together ahead of your interview.

Good luck to you and yours.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by oluzdreamz(m): 9:33am On Jun 24, 2022
justdoit100:
The US embassy should set a student visa surge date for fall 2022, similar to how they did for spring 2022 in December 2021. They can do better.
it’s tiring and they’ve been denying EAs too.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by GFavor: 9:36am On Jun 24, 2022
Walspring:

Message sent and check your email please.
Thank you.

Hi Walspring, please I want to pay for SEVIS FEE.. I don't know how to send mail thru Nairaland. Please can you reach out to me so we can discuss

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Crondeluxe: 9:48am On Jun 24, 2022
Please, kindly add me to the abuja WhatsApp group... 08169207390
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by CreativeWeb(m): 10:11am On Jun 24, 2022
@chibertha

Next week, I will be having a Zoom meeting with the professor of the department I'm planning to apply to, and who I have asked to be my mentor and supervisor.

Before now, I have had a Zoom meeting with the school admissions rep. During the meeting, I asked him several questions and he provided in-depth answers to them.

Now, I really don't know what I will ask or discuss with this professor next week.

Before she agreed to speak with me, she said her department accepts only one student per intake and they don't do distance learning. When I told her that I'm looking at residency and that I'm really passionate about the field, she then gave me date for us to talk.

It's PhD and it's fully funded.

What should I be discussing with this professor? I don't want to be staring at her. I want to be lively and talk all through.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Droiydconcepts: 10:13am On Jun 24, 2022
Are you using your phone? If yes,
It has limited what you can see.
Solution try a desktop view, that should solve the issue
MzWendy:

Here it is. Thank you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Bonttttti: 10:59am On Jun 24, 2022
Please can I be added to search dates for Abuja 09063808264 . Please it is important
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Bonttttti: 11:03am On Jun 24, 2022
Please add me 09063808264
freudianslip:
plz add +2348075631831
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Bonttttti: 11:06am On Jun 24, 2022
Please can you add me to the group for search dates 09063808264
phoyeks:
Wow! I was expecting to see a lot of transcripts posted today but.....well.
Let me post mine.

In Jan,2022, I joined this platform because I had a challenge which I sought for help on this platform.
I had applied for B1/B2 visa renewal for my family and I since May, 2021. While awaiting the interview which was scheduled for May 2022, my son got admission for a Bachelor's degree in the US. We tried to switch his visa category to F1 but we were informed by the embassy that our previously booked appointment may be cancelled automatically, if we initiated the switch. The advice was to wait for our interview in May, but he wouldn't show up for the interview. Afterwards, we could now switch his visa and reschedule him.
Fastforward to May, we received messages fastforwarding our appointment 3days earlier.
We attended the interview and got our B1/B2 visas approved with a few questions asking when last we travelled, how long we stayed, why one person was missing from the group appointment, if we had changed jobs in the last 2years.....
This was on May 23rd.
May 25th we tried to reschedule my son's appointment after re-filling his DS160 with his old MRV fee but didn't pick a date in May 2023 until the 3rd of June,(last week) just after his account was frozen for 72hours.
That same Friday,3rd of June, we decided to apply for Emergency appointment as his earlier start date is July, 24th with the necessary documents. 5mins later, we received a mail denying the emergency due to shortage of staff in Lagos consulate.
My son was so downcast and discouraged, pleading we switched to Abuja consulate. I just told him there was still time and that he should calm down. We prayed and continued trusting God for an appropriate date to crop up while he joined appointment dates groups for both Lagos and Abuja. Note, we had only one reschedule lifeline left.
On Tuesday, the 7th of June, after trying to check the portal for dates for the Lagos group, someone dropped the alert of opened spaces on the whatsapp group. Instantly, he logged on and secured today's date- the 10th! Several slots kept dropping- over 100 openings.
That was a miracle as he had seen June 10th when he applied for Emergency but he was denied. Like joke, that date eventually jumped back at him. Phew! oro po! grin grin.
Out of the applicants today, he was singled out with a few ppl and taken to a room to meet an elderly VO. He sat down to chat with the VO and his assistant.
Anyway, bottom line-
VISA APPROVED!!!
Transcript uploading soon though it probably will not apply to alot of people as this is for a Bachelors degree program and applicant has US travel history.
Nothing is impossible if only you can believe! From the switch to F1 visa to search for dates to denial of emergency appointment to eventually getting a favourable date and ultimately, visa approval!
God wey do am for us go do yours too by His grace. grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Iyaboonibipe: 11:11am On Jun 24, 2022
Teejay13:

@chibertha can I send you a DM?

Good Day All,

pls im also interested in marshall university. i need you to put me through the process how can i dm you @chibertha

thank you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Bonttttti: 11:12am On Jun 24, 2022
Please add me on the group chat 09063808264 . It's very important
specialbabe:
[Pls add 07059467097quote author=USembassyAbuja post=112623211]If you want to join the WhatsApp group for Abuja dates search. Kindly reply this post with your phone number.

PS. I'm not a staff of US embassy. Just a prospective student like you all seeking for interview date

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by taiwogabriel: 11:34am On Jun 24, 2022
Bonttttti:
Please add me on the group chat 09063808264 . It's very important

Please can anyone add me to the Abuja Search Group. 07065222406
Thank you!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Radarada08: 11:41am On Jun 24, 2022
MzWendy:

Thank you very much for your response. But I can only see 3 boxes. The 1st for the 3 alphabets, the 2nd for 5 digits/alphabet while the last one is for only 3 digits
try using a laptop if you aren't using one, let's see
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Smellymouth: 12:24pm On Jun 24, 2022
Visa approved
Graduate student visa.
First attempt.
Abuja embassy.
White female V.O.
Program : Masters in business Administration.
School : University of Bridgeport, Connecticut..

Good day my people. First of , all thanks goes to GOD. Trust me guys, GOD is real..I realized today how faithful GOD truly is. I have been a silent reader here for close to a year now. Decided to go offline and carefully study this thread to avoid distractions..I made sure I read through all the pages on this thread including every transcript posted here. To everyone who has posted transcripts, you guys are a blessing.

So I got to abuja late last night due to some unforeseen circumstances. I woke up to the sound of pouring rain and thunder this morning around 5:30am. Hurriedly had my bath , got dressed and tried requesting a bolt ride all to no avail probably due to the unavailability of fuel and the heavy fall of rain.. I quickly glanced at my watch and noticed it was almost 6:40am and my interview was scheduled for 7:30am..That was when panic sets in. I immediately removed my shoe, picked up my documents (placed them in a plastic folder), kept my shirt inside a polythene bag, took some money and ran out in the rain wearing just my trouser pants and a singlet to get a cab from Maitama to the USA embassy cheesy

I nor kuku send.. Fortunately I found one at Panama street, jumped inside and got dressed in the vehicle. Devil na mumu.. Werey wan use rain take stop me . grin

I entered the embassy and I noticed a white lanky man was dishing out blue slips to everyone he interviewed . I silently prayed to GOD not to get to his counter. Fortunately, the lady at window 11 called out when it was my turn.

ME: Good morning Ma'am.
V.O: Good morning, how are you?.
ME: I am fine.
V.O: Pass me your passport and i-20.
V.O: What are you travelling to the usa For?
ME: I am travelling to the USA to pursue my master's degree in Business Adminstration at University of Bridgeport, Connecticut.
V.O: Why this university?
ME : I choosed University of Bridgeport, Connecticut because the university offered me an admission into Business Administration coupled with courses tailored towards my career aspirations. I will also be privileged to work with Professor Greg Kogan, whose research covers multiple disciplines such as economics and Business analytics. His works have been published in leading journals including International Journal of Commerce and E-business Management..
V.O: What is your post study plan?
ME : "..I intend to do..".Immediately village people stepped in.. I totally forgot everything...I blurted out,--'kaiii. Omo!'. She smiled and said,"Take a deep breath"

I took a deep breath, smiled, thanked her and continued. ".. I intend to do a lateral career switch from my present role as a project manager to Bleep manager within the same company. This MBA program will enable me build competency to be able to function as a Bleep.
V.O: Types endlessly then asked ,"Why the USA"?
ME: Studying in the USA will expose me to research opportunities which can't be achieved here in Nigeria. Also it's a known fact that the USA remains the No 1 in the world when it comes to innovation, technology and most especially business.
V.O: Okay. Was just typing without looking at me. Eventually glanced at me and asked, " I can see you have some fundings, who will pay the deficit?
ME: My uncle will be the one paying half of it and I already have savings that would cover the rest of the expenses.
V.O : Everything seems good here. Types , types, types( my heart was beating profusely).
After a long wait, she gave me the white slip and muttered a whole lot of stuffs. I nor even listen. cheesy I quickly grabbed the slip before she changes her mind, thanked her and literally fled. grin

Special thanks to everyone here. The journey started a year ago. And thanks to GOD, today it's a reality. This forum is a blessing. I did everything by myself without an agent's help. Everything I needed, I got from this thread. I painstakingly studied all the transcripts posted here and it was what I used to prepare for my interview.. Justwise, one love man... To everyone out there, may GOD crown all our efforts with success.

Lemme go and buy my winter jacket... cheesy cheesy

52 Likes 6 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by onyioza: 12:28pm On Jun 24, 2022
Good afternoon all.
Can you pls add me to Abuja and lagos group for visa interview date. 08123177669
My emergency application is approved but I can’t still find a favorable date.
Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 12:31pm On Jun 24, 2022
Walspring:

Yes sir

Thank you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by obajoey(m): 12:41pm On Jun 24, 2022
I will share this same good news soon, Amen.
Congrats.
Smellymouth:
Visa approved
Graduate student visa.
First attempt.
Abuja embassy.
White female V.O.

Good day my people. First of all , all thanks to GOD. I realized today GOD is truly faithful. I have been a silent reader here for close to a year now. Decided to go offline and carefully study this thread to avoid distractions..I made sure I read through all the pages on this thread including every transcript posted here. To everyone who has posted transcripts, you guys are a blessing.

So I got to abuja late last night due to some unforeseen circumstances. I woke up to the sound of pouring rain and thunder this morning around 5:30am. Hurriedly had my bath , got dressed and tried requesting a bolt ride all to no avail probably due to the unavailability of fuel and the heavy fall of rain I quickly glanced at my watch and noticed it was almost 6:40am and my interview was scheduled for 7:30am..That was when panic sets in. I immediately removed my shoe, picked up my documents (placed them in a plastic folder), kept my shirt inside a polythene bag, took some money and ran out in the rain wearing just my trouser pants and a singlet to get a cb from maitama to the USA embassy cheesy

I nor kuku send.. Fortunately I found one at Panama street, jumped inside and got dressed in the vehicle. Devil na mumu.. Werey wan use rain take stop me . grin

I entered the embassy and I noticed a white lanky man was dishing out blue slips to everyone he interviewed . I silently prayed to GOD not to get to his counter. Luckily, the lady at window 11 called and it was my turn.

ME: Good morning Ma'am
V.O: Good morning, how are you?
ME: I am fine..
V.O: Pass me your passport and i-20..
ME: I am travelling to the USA to pursue my master's degree in Business Adminstration and Management at University of Bridgeport, Connecticut..
ME : I choosed University of Bridgeport, Connecticut because the university offered me an admission into business administration and management coupled with courses tailored towards my career aspirations. I will also be privileged to work with Professor Greg Kogan, whose research covers multiple disciplines including economics and Business analytics. His works have been published in leading journals including International Journal of Commerce and E-business Management..
ME : I intend to do.... Immediately village people stepped in.. I totally forgot everything...I blurted out, kaiii. Omo!! She smiled and said,"take a deep breath"

I took a deep breath, smiled, thanked her and continued. ".. I intend to do a lateral career switch from my present role as a project manager to Bleep manager within the same company. This MBA program will enable me build competency to be able to function as a Bleep..
ME: Studying in the USA will expose me to research opportunities which can't be achieved here in Nigeria. Also it's a known fact that the USA remains the No 1 in the world when it comes to innovation, technology and most especially business.
V.O: Okay. Was just typing without looking at me. Eventually glanced at me and asked, " I can see you have some fundings, who will pay the deficit?
ME: My uncle will be the one paying half of it and I already have savings that would cover the rest of the expenses.
V.O : Everything seems good here. Types , types, types( my heart was beating profusely).
After a long wait, she gave me the white slip and muttered a whole lot of stuffs. I nor even listen. cheesy I quickly grabbed the slip before she changes her mind, thanked her and literally fled. grin

All thanks to y'all. The journey started a year ago. And thanks to GOD, today it's a reality. This forum is a blessing. I did everything by myself without an agent's help all thanks to this thread...I carefully studied all the transcripts posted here and it was what I used to prepare for my interview Justwise, one love man... May GOD crown all our efforts with success.

6 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Smellymouth: 12:43pm On Jun 24, 2022
obajoey:
Congrats.

Thanks baba.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Uriel12: 12:47pm On Jun 24, 2022
obajoey:
Congrats.

Amen.
Me too

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Uriel12: 12:47pm On Jun 24, 2022
Smellymouth:
Visa approved
Graduate student visa.
First attempt.
Abuja embassy.
White female V.O.

Good day my people. First of , all thanks goes to GOD. Trust me guys, GOD is real..I realized today GOD is truly faithful. I have been a silent reader here for close to a year now. Decided to go offline and carefully study this thread to avoid distractions..I made sure I read through all the pages on this thread including every transcript posted here. To everyone who has posted transcripts, you guys are a blessing.

So I got to abuja late last night due to some unforeseen circumstances. I woke up to the sound of pouring rain and thunder this morning around 5:30am. Hurriedly had my bath , got dressed and tried requesting a bolt ride all to no avail probably due to the unavailability of fuel and the heavy fall of rain.. I quickly glanced at my watch and noticed it was almost 6:40am and my interview was scheduled for 7:30am..That was when panic sets in. I immediately removed my shoe, picked up my documents (placed them in a plastic folder), kept my shirt inside a polythene bag, took some money and ran out in the rain wearing just my trouser pants and a singlet to get a cab from Maitama to the USA embassy cheesy

I entered the embassy and I noticed a white lanky man was dishing out blue slips to everyone he interviewed . I silently prayed to GOD not to get to his counter. Fortunately, the lady at window 11 called out when it was my turn.

ME: I am fine..
V.O: Pass me your passport and i-20..
ME: I am travelling to the USA to pursue my master's degree in Business Adminstration at University of Bridgeport, Connecticut..
ME : I choosed University of Bridgeport, Connecticut because the university offered me an admission into business administration and management coupled with courses tailored towards my career aspirations. I will also be privileged to work with Professor Greg Kogan, whose research covers multiple disciplines including economics and Business analytics. His works have been published in leading journals including International Journal of Commerce and E-business Management..
ME : I intend to do.... Immediately village people stepped in.. I totally forgot everything...I blurted out, kaiii. Omo!! She smiled and said,"take a deep breath"

I took a deep breath, smiled, thanked her and continued. ".. I intend to do a lateral career switch from my present role as a project manager to Bleep manager within the same company. This MBA program will enable me build competency to be able to function as a Bleep..

All thanks to y'all. The journey started a year ago. And thanks to GOD, today it's a reality. This forum is a blessing. I did everything by myself without an agent's help. I gt everything I need from this thread...I painstakingly studied all the transcripts posted here and it was what I used to prepare for my interview Justwise, one love man... May GOD crown all our efforts with success.

I'm applying to the same school!

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Smellymouth: 12:52pm On Jun 24, 2022
Uriel12:

I'm applying to the same school!

Oh really? That's great. Wishing you all the best Uriel.. Hope to see you in spring..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by EMDEEKAY: 1:03pm On Jun 24, 2022
Kuroko122:
Please can I be added to a groupchat for visa dates in Lagos - my number is 08034660288. Thank you

Hello, I'm new here. Please I'd like to be added to the group chat as well - 08165617523.
My resumption is for August 15, 2022 and I can only see available dates for 2023
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by MzWendy: 1:08pm On Jun 24, 2022
Radarada08:
try using a laptop if you aren't using one, let's see

I used a laptop but still the same thing.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by EMDEEKAY: 1:18pm On Jun 24, 2022
specialbabe:
Pls add my number 07059467097

Please add me to the group - 08165617523
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by MCTHETA2004: 1:19pm On Jun 24, 2022
Please add me up 08184287236 on Abuja search date for F1 student Visa
Bonttttti:
Please can you add me to the group for search dates 09063808264
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by EMDEEKAY: 1:31pm On Jun 24, 2022
obajoey:
Congrats.
Congrats

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by MCTHETA2004: 1:31pm On Jun 24, 2022
Kindly add me ((08184287236 Whatsapp) / (09026694593 Telegram)) to Abuja whatsapp/Telegram group for search date for F1 Student Visa. Emergency have been approved no closer date
justdoit100:
The US embassy should set a student visa surge date for fall 2022, similar to how they did for spring 2022 in December 2021. They can do better.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by chibertha(f): 1:32pm On Jun 24, 2022
this can help
https://www.ilbaradmissions.org/appinfo.action?id=3

use google judiciously you will be surprised what information you would find

I am not a lawyer I heard about the above when listening to Daddy Freeze interview some days back it is on youtube you might want to listen to it too.

Tjsam:
Please, as a lawyer in Nigeria how can I be called to the bar in America and if possible, practice there? In addition, what type of Visa will I apply for
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by EMDEEKAY: 1:35pm On Jun 24, 2022
Bonttttti:
Please can I be added to search dates for Abuja 09063808264 . Please it is important

Please add me to search dates for Abuja as well! - 08165617523. My resumption is in August, I've already rescheduled once out of ignorance, Please hepppp
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by EMDEEKAY: 1:41pm On Jun 24, 2022
Sauce22:
Congrats... please can you give me the name of the group for F 1 visa appointment date search that you where in ...please share the contact details or you can tell them to add me 08146682006 thanks

Same here please, please share details or let them add me - 08165617523. I really need an appointment date urgently- For Lagos.
Thank you

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by KennyBI: 1:50pm On Jun 24, 2022
Smellymouth:
Visa approved
Graduate student visa.
First attempt.
Abuja embassy.
White female V.O.

Good day my people. First of , all thanks goes to GOD. Trust me guys, GOD is real..I realized today how faithful GOD truly is. I have been a silent reader here for close to a year now. Decided to go offline and carefully study this thread to avoid distractions..I made sure I read through all the pages on this thread including every transcript posted here. To everyone who has posted transcripts, you guys are a blessing.

ME: I am fine.
V.O: Pass me your passport and i-20.
ME: I am travelling to the USA to pursue my master's degree in Business Adminstration at University of Bridgeport, Connecticut.
ME : I choosed University of Bridgeport, Connecticut because the university offered me an admission into Business Administration coupled with courses tailored towards my career aspirations. I will also be privileged to work with Professor Greg Kogan, whose research covers multiple disciplines such as economics and Business analytics. His works have been published in leading journals including International Journal of Commerce and E-business Management..
ME : "..I intend to do..".Immediately village people stepped in.. I totally forgot everything...I blurted out, kaiii. Omo!! She smiled and said,"take a deep breath"

I took a deep breath, smiled, thanked her and continued. ".. I intend to do a lateral career switch from my present role as a project manager to Bleep manager within the same company. This MBA program will enable me build competency to be able to function as a Bleep.

Special thanks to everyone here. The journey started a year ago. And thanks to GOD, today it's a reality. This forum is a blessing. I did everything by myself without an agent's help. Everything I needed, I got from this thread. I painstakingly studied all the transcripts posted here and it was what I used to prepare for my interview.. Justwise, one love man... To everyone out there, may GOD crown all our efforts with success.

Congratulations!!!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1000) (1001) (1002) (1003) (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.