Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,696 members, 7,809,624 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:07 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (108) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1638762 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ObodoNaija(f): 2:32pm On Apr 07, 2021
horlahsunbo225:

Nothing ma'am

Ok. It's well
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Bobority: 2:40pm On Apr 07, 2021
Hello everyone. Is there any app like piggyvest but for usa residents? Or anyway one can save and invest money in the US. TIA
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by sslooss: 2:56pm On Apr 07, 2021
Greetings Everyone,

I completed some undergraduate courses in Canada but I would like to transfer my course credits to a university in the US. I have already spoken with some universities, who confirmed that the transfer process is fairly straightforward, so my main concern is the F1 visa interview. Does anyone have similar experience and can advise on this matter?

Thank you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by abdullahi45: 3:15pm On Apr 07, 2021
EffectEn:
i was applying to the school till I discovered they required WES or other evaluation. I dont have money for that

Oh. Which program? The requirement was actually waived until after admission because of Covid.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by godguy: 3:30pm On Apr 07, 2021
please has anyone gotten admission (MS program) into UTDALLAS (univ of Texas at Dallas), what is the COA?

What is the credit hours expected from an international student for MS program?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Zudde: 5:32pm On Apr 07, 2021
fairheart:
IF YOU NEED GRE MATERIALS, QUOTE AND DROP YOUR EMAIL UNDER THIS COMMENT.

Datacohort1@gmail.com
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by marcojnr: 5:45pm On Apr 07, 2021
fairheart:
niivuitton@gmail.com
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Gracilicutes: 6:22pm On Apr 07, 2021
Judee99:

Got an admission decision from WIU, what program did you apply for?
when did u apply, what was there decision, i apply to thesame school but am yet to hear there admission decision
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Jherry93(m): 6:59pm On Apr 07, 2021
Malone122:

Hello everyone so some of us are experiencing the same issue of not seeing any dates on our CGI profile, I created a GC where we can rub minds together if dates pop up.
PM me or Heyjessay if you are experiencing this issue so We can add y’all
Best regards

Please add me to the group.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Jherry93(m): 8:29pm On Apr 07, 2021
obajoey:
I have been waiting for BGSU I-20 like forever, Western Illinois admission too.

I was admitted to BGSU too. Is your program fully funded?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Kenneylee(m): 8:52pm On Apr 07, 2021
fairheart:

olaleyekenney@gmail.com

Thank you very much
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by COMFORTeconz: 9:31pm On Apr 07, 2021
hello nairalanders,
I'm applying for my study visa to USA[color=#000099][/color] soon and this is my profile
I applied to MBA in Utah Valley University
I got GRE/GMAT and IELTS waiver
I am using my current employer as my only sponsor, he has agreed to gimme all the documents I might need and a two year employment contract, that after my one year study I will and must work with the company for two years, I guess that's enough ties.
I don't know if using my employer as my sponsor for an MBA program, considering the cost implication, will raise concerns for the consular?
Pls advice
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by lionshare: 9:51pm On Apr 07, 2021
Bobority:
Hello everyone. Is there any app like piggyvest but for usa residents? Or anyway one can save and invest money in the US. TIA
Download Bamboo.

Also you can save with PiggyVest with USD. Just add ur card.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by TWoods(m): 9:54pm On Apr 07, 2021
Bobority:

You should read the laws very well to ensure you know what is permitted under the terms of an F1 visa, if that is what you are on. I think you are allowed passive income through stocks but you cannot be an active day trader. You can't avoid being caught because you will need to report your income on a 1099 on your taxes.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nicerazor(m): 11:42pm On Apr 07, 2021
UNH I guess?
Romeozigs:
Pls I need help guys. I got an admission offer(MSC in Civil Eng) to a US school and was given 40% tuition scholarship for Fall2021. My major issue is how to get a sponsor letter. How does it look like and what are the contents. I have gotten a sponsor already but I need to support the account statement with a sponsor letter. Meanwhile, they said I need to show a proof of funds of 32k. Tuition alone is 17k. Please I would really appreciate any help I could get. They said once I upload these documents, my I-20 form will be sent to me.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Judee99(m): 11:48pm On Apr 07, 2021
Gracilicutes:
when did u apply, what was there decision, i apply to thesame school but am yet to hear there admission decision
I applied late last year. I do mail the international Admissions for update on my application
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Funmi27: 12:02am On Apr 08, 2021
Kindly add me too 08103013954

Jherry93:

Please add me to the group.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Legit215(m): 12:42am On Apr 08, 2021
Who knows information regarding US Student visa renewal?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by FutureSenator: 2:05am On Apr 08, 2021
Legit215:
Who knows information regarding US Student visa renewal?

I believe your DSO/ISO will be the best person to talk to.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by FutureSenator: 2:07am On Apr 08, 2021
Bobority:

I think you can use apps like fidelity - but you can't be doing day trading like Twoods mentioned.

Caveat: Investing is risky - you can loose all your money.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Legit215(m): 3:24am On Apr 08, 2021
DSO � Those ones are just there for position sake they cannot help you.
FutureSenator:

I believe your DSO/ISO will be the best person to talk to.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Futuragetty: 4:25am On Apr 08, 2021
UZAD:
I applied 6th of march, got acknowledge of receipt of application just yesterday, when should i expect admission decision.
I cannot say when you will receive the admission decision, but it will come when the time is right. Send a follow-up message to the graduate coordinator in charge.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Asiwaju101: 7:15am On Apr 08, 2021
Is there anyone here, going to the university of idaho?
Pls let's link up�
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by EffectEn: 7:46am On Apr 08, 2021
Most of these schools always send you a sample for the sponsor letter. Either way, fill the Financial Certification Form you were given, make sure it's signed by your sponsor and then send it together with your BS. This should be enough to receive your I20

Romeozigs:
Pls I need help guys. I got an admission offer(MSC in Civil Eng) to a US school and was given 40% tuition scholarship for Fall2021. My major issue is how to get a sponsor letter. How does it look like and what are the contents. I have gotten a sponsor already but I need to support the account statement with a sponsor letter. Meanwhile, they said I need to show a proof of funds of 32k. Tuition alone is 17k. Please I would really appreciate any help I could get. They said once I upload these documents, my I-20 form will be sent to me.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by EffectEn: 7:49am On Apr 08, 2021
Credit hours is specific to programs, I'd advise you do a deep check on their website or send them a mail. As at 2020, the COA was about 43-46 k. It's an amazing school

godguy:
please has anyone gotten admission (MS program) into UTDALLAS (univ of Texas at Dallas), what is the COA?

What is the credit hours expected from an international student for MS program?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by obajoey(m): 8:03am On Apr 08, 2021
Okay. Pls was your bank statement in USD?
titialayo:

I applied March 1st during their free application. 2 weeks ago they asked for my proof of funding which I sent to them immediately and yesterday I got my admission letter and i20 sent to my email. The department also asked me to fill assistantship form. What I don't understand is will they adjust the i20 when I get the assistantships offer?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Walspring: 8:42am On Apr 08, 2021
dodoyinsolar202:
okayy. replied your PM.

Please check your email ASAP.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by oladmjnoni: 8:47am On Apr 08, 2021
Gracilicutes:

Call the international admissions office. Most likely, they haven't received your supporting documents. They apologized to me yesterday. I sent my supporting documents, immediately after my application, but for some reasons they didn't check it. My application has been given a priority. You might want to try that too.

Edited: I was advised to also apply for graduate assistantship on their website so they could forward all documents to the department for consideration. Good luck!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Bank450(m): 9:43am On Apr 08, 2021
What rate do one use to calculate exchange rate for proof of funds. The money is in naira, do I use the black market exchange rate of 485 naira per dollar or use the CBN rate of 410 naira per dollar?

Thank you for swift response

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by obajoey(m): 10:31am On Apr 08, 2021
Awaiting their decision too. I sent a reminder this morning, hopefully, they will respond.

oladmjnoni:

Call the international admissions office. Most likely, they haven't received your supporting documents. They apologized to me yesterday. I sent my supporting documents, immediately after my application, but for some reasons they didn't check it. My application has been given a priority. You might want to try that too.

Edited: I was advised to also apply for graduate assistantship on their website so they could forward all documents to the department for consideration. Good luck!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Heyjessay: 10:36am On Apr 08, 2021
Does any Fall 2021 student know anything about how we are supposed to get a reasonable visa appointment before school starts?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Avidreader748: 10:38am On Apr 08, 2021
Annie26:
Please house, does anyone know a thing or two about Bowling Green University. The school is too easy and cheap to be true.

It's a good school. My husband got admissions there.

Why do you think it's too good to be true?

(1) (2) (3) ... (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.