Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,335 members, 7,819,172 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:16 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (177) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1646973 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by rukkiees: 2:25pm On May 10, 2021
Hisexcellency20:
Glory! Glory to God in the Highest!!!

Embassy Location: Abuja

School name: University of New Mexico

Program: Ph.D. Chemistry

Funding: $38k

My appointment was for 9am. But, was at the embassy at 7:30am. Stood for hours before it got to my turn. Meanwhile, only two male VOs were working. The VO at window 9 had just approved an elderly man's application without stress. Immediately, I followed up!!

VO: Good Morning, pass me your documents(smiling)
Me: Good morning sir. And gave him the docs.

VO: Have you traveled to the US.
Me: Yes, sir.
VO: When? (While shaking is head. I was just saying in my mind, Holy spirit, take control).
Me: in 2016.
VO: Where are you working?
Me: I work with xxxx
VO: What position?
Me: I work as a xxxx

VO: You are going for Chemistry?
Me: Yes, with specialization in Biochemistry, as I have a BSc and MSc in Biochemistry. And I intend to come back to take up a lecturing position in my alma mata, UNN.
VO: That's fine. While shaking his head.
VO:Are you married and do you have a kid.
Me: I'm married, but no kid yet.
VO: Is your wife going with you?
Me: No sir, she's running a fashion business, and also running a part time program in NSUK, so she can't abandon her program to join me.

VO: That's fine. Ok... Will be keeping this, my passport(oga, I dash u sef��). While giving me the white paper.

Couldn't believe it���. But, I know it is just God that did it for me. His favor and mercy spoke for me.

Thanks to @⁨Joseph Oluwaseun⁩ who introduced me to the GRE acer group, and to all the group members, whose Transcripts really assisted me in this interview. And to all nairaland members. Thank you!! Your testimony is next!

Please how can I join the gre Acer group? TIA

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Francangel(f): 2:27pm On May 10, 2021
Congratulations!!

Hisexcellency20:

My appointment was for 9am. But, was at the embassy at 7:30am. Stood for hours before it got to my turn. Meanwhile, only two male VOs were working. The VO at window 9 had just approved an elderly man's application without stress. Immediately, I followed up!!

VO: When? (While shaking is head. I was just saying in my mind, Holy spirit, take control).

Me: Yes, with specialization in Biochemistry, as I have a BSc and MSc in Biochemistry. And I intend to come back to take up a lecturing position in my alma mata, UNN.
Me: No sir, she's running a fashion business, and also running a part time program in NSUK, so she can't abandon her program to join me.

VO: That's fine. Ok... Will be keeping this, my passport(oga, I dash u sef��). While giving me the white paper.

Couldn't believe it���. But, I know it is just God that did it for me. His favor and mercy spoke for me.

Thanks to @⁨Joseph Oluwaseun⁩ who introduced me to the GRE acer group, and to all the group members, whose Transcripts really assisted me in this interview. And to all nairaland members. Thank you!! Your testimony is next!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Beth125: 2:46pm On May 10, 2021
Hello gurus
please i need advice on who to use as my sponsor

Uncle (diffident surname) Senior Advocate of Nigeria account has is own law firm account balance 70M

Uncle (different surname) Assistance director in Transmission Company of Nigerians he's a civil servant, account balance 87M

Mother civil servant if 30M should be transferred to her account would it raise a red flag

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by horlahsunbo225(m): 2:49pm On May 10, 2021
Beth125:
Hello gurus
please i need advice on who to use as my sponsor

Uncle (diffident surname) Senior Advocate of Nigeria account has is own law firm account balance 70M

Uncle (different surname) Assistance director in Transmission Company of Nigerians he's a civil servant, account balance 87M

Mother civil servant if 30M should be transferred to her account would it raise a red flag
30M transfer to her account will raise flag

1 is good
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by TEMIT0PE: 2:53pm On May 10, 2021
Once you hit the limit, you will locked be locked out for 72 hours during which you will not be able to access your page. You will be auto unlocked at the expiration of 72 hours too.
Check the page once every 3 hours.
The alternative is that you also keep your eyes here on this thread. People usually share when close dates are available in either Lagos and Abuja.

Marcusbuchi93:
Hello,

I just noticed that there is a limit to your access to the interview appointment portal.

Does this mean that once you have reached your daily limit you won't be able to access the portal for that day or are there an alternative ways of doing that?

Kindly advice.

Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by stalone001: 3:01pm On May 10, 2021
Good day everyone, I have a Full GA for master and a deficit of about 3k dollars. Can I use my personal funds for bank statement as I can afford it.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Elnon: 3:15pm On May 10, 2021
Big congratulations to you!
Pls I need the GRE acer group o....Preparing for GRE..invite me!
Hisexcellency20:

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Elnon: 3:18pm On May 10, 2021
Sure you can...pls which school is that and dept?.
stalone001:
Good day everyone, I have a Full GA for master and a deficit of about 3k dollars. Can I use my personal funds for bank statement as I can afford it.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Magma012: 3:19pm On May 10, 2021
pls can someone assist me with WES email address is urgently. thank you

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by sayfe: 3:53pm On May 10, 2021
thank you!

horlahsunbo225:

July 2 available
Cc Msbanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by HushTee(m): 3:54pm On May 10, 2021
Yes, I picked January 2024 date when I scheduled mine last month. But when I checked today, I saw that I could reschedule, so I did. Dates available are all Tuesdays and Thursdays in July and August. I would like to believe that everyone who have scheduled for dates later than their program start date can reschedule now.

sayfe:
I'm in this situation too. Earliest appointment date is Jan 2024 for Lagos. Is there a way to get alerts when dates drop? Someone adviced using an agent but I'm not so sure. Another said to pick the Jan 2024 date and wait for emergency appointments to be rolled out after that. Thoughts anyone?

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by HollyMadison(f): 3:58pm On May 10, 2021
KemLaughs:
Visa approved on Monday at Abuja Embassy.

- Am not married
- Never travelled out before- Fresh passport
- C0A $35,000 and no funding.

Congratulations Kemi. I tap into your blessing
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by horlahsunbo225(m): 3:59pm On May 10, 2021
stalone001:
Yes, you can
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Beth125: 4:01pm On May 10, 2021
horlahsunbo225:

30M transfer to her account will raise flag

1 is good

Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by missuzoma: 4:08pm On May 10, 2021
How else do I contact @ Walspring? Nairaland send message system is not functioning too well.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nicerazor(m): 4:32pm On May 10, 2021
Hi good pm all,
I don’t have funding and my sponsor will be footing the bills.
Do I still need to take my SOA to the embassy?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by opeyemioguns: 4:32pm On May 10, 2021
Rudy23:

Dates will show ; just keep checking the portal regularly.

I heard that the site may ban someone if he refreshes d page too much, in search of a closer date. Based on the above advice, can one b checking daily and how many trials per day?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by opeyemioguns: 4:44pm On May 10, 2021
JaySterling:
GRE scores last for 5 years, so check the date and know whether it’s still active.

Which US school are you headed to ?

I wrote it in 2015 and it expired last year.

Western Illinois University
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by adesegun14: 4:45pm On May 10, 2021
Hello guys.

I got admission to Texas Southern University in 2017, but was denied visa. I have been given a new admission offer by the same school, do i need to pay another SEVIS fee?

I need response please.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 4:47pm On May 10, 2021
Amen
HollyMadison:

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 4:52pm On May 10, 2021
Congratulations ! It was that same man that approved my visa application too grin. God bless him. Go and excel!
Hisexcellency20:

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Jossyphem(m): 4:54pm On May 10, 2021
Hi bro. Could you kindly DM your email address or phone contact as I urgently need your assistance. My email is jossiedej@gmail.com

lentomac:
Fresh Non-STEM Assistantships in the US

Find attached the word document below to see the links, copy it to your browser, then apply if qualified

ASSISTANTSHIPS IN:

- Public Relations. Communication, Advertising & Journalism
- Social Works
- Peace Studies and Conflict Resolution
- Philosophy
- Linguistics
- Marketing
- Accounting
- International Relations/Political Science
- Urban Studies
- Criminal Justice
- Management
- Sociology
- Economics
- Early Childhood Education
- Communication
- Psycolology

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by horlahsunbo225(m): 5:02pm On May 10, 2021
adesegun14:
Hello guys.

I got admission to Texas Southern University in 2017, but was denied visa. I have been given a new admission offer by the same school, do i need to pay another SEVIS fee?

I need response please.
Yes you'll need to pay for sevis fee again
The old one has expired after one year
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by horlahsunbo225(m): 5:03pm On May 10, 2021
Nicerazor:
Hi good pm all,
I don’t have funding and my sponsor will be footing the bills.
Do I still need to take my SOA to the embassy?
Your sponsorer SOA is the most important, if you feel like taking your own along, not bad
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by horlahsunbo225(m): 5:05pm On May 10, 2021
opeyemioguns:

I heard that the site may ban someone if he refreshes d page too much, in search of a closer date. Based on the above advice, can one b checking daily and how many trials per day?
You can only check 3 to 4 times per day...so you'll need to strategize the time you'll be checking it
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by drjustice17: 5:08pm On May 10, 2021
adesegun14:
Hello guys.

I need response please.

Yes because, you need a new i120. For your visa
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by drjustice17: 5:12pm On May 10, 2021
KemLaughs:
Congratulations ! It was that same man that approved my visa application too grin. God bless him. Go and excel!

How do the man look like. Which location and the canter his stays. Incase, I go there.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by opeyemioguns: 5:16pm On May 10, 2021
HollyMadison:

Kemlaughs, I have questions to ask about d experience that led to this blessing. Please can u give me your WhatsApp number?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Hisexcellency20: 5:20pm On May 10, 2021
rukkiees:

Please how can I join the gre Acer group? TIA

Send me a DM so that I can connect you to one of the admins
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Stevenssen(m): 5:38pm On May 10, 2021
KemLaughs:
Remember this? So much to say but in all God is the greatest! I was denied in January at the Lagos consulate. The story is long but the summary is that this thread has been a massive blessing. There are several people I need to thank very specially. Transcript, Appreciation post and story loading! grin
Congrats. KemLaughed at the end cheesy

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Stevenssen(m): 5:40pm On May 10, 2021
Slamteeay4:
Pls advice me nairalanders.
I meet a Facebook white woman who talked about her scammed experience for me. How she fell in love and later got dupped.
We became friend and the woman developed interest in me. I swear to Almighty God this woman develop interest in me with the help of nothing else than my music career and prayer .not jazz or anything of such.
Now the woman wanted to help me get out of Nigeria, she is ready to pay for my visa and flight ticket. But I don't have any qualified document I could as am just a ssce holder. Pls I need advice.
The k1 visa thread here https://www.nairaland.com/4800968/usa-fiancee-k1-visa-thread/161 will help you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by HollyMadison(f): 5:42pm On May 10, 2021
somtee747:
Hello everyone,

Is there anyone who has gotten admission to Georgia State University or still waiting to get?

I got admission

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.