Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,129 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:41 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (182) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1645022 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by opeyemioguns: 10:22am On May 12, 2021
opeyemioguns:
I need expert advice on this:

I have a Nigerian masters and I'm going for masters in USA.

1. If I declare my masters qualification in my application, I know it may generate questions and I'm preparing for that. But, will that harm my chances?

2. If I don't declare my masters qualification, I can tell d vo wat I've been doing since my bachelor's graduation but my thinking this may have present and future consequences e.g if I want to go for PhD in USA later. Please, is it advisable to hide d masters?

3. From transcripts I've been reading, I've noticed that VOs don't usually grasp all d details on ds 160 for interview. So, they may not notice some details that should av generated questions. Am I right?

Thank u Laworldz, for ur response

@holarsunbo, lagosismyhome, jaysterling and other gurus in d house, please help me address these my questions

NB: I don't have any intention of applying for PhD in USA. I'm just thinking of future implications generally

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by JaySterling: 10:38am On May 12, 2021
opeyemioguns:

Thank u Laworldz, for ur response

@holarsunbo, lagosismyhome, jaysterling and other gurus in d house, please help me address these my questions

NB: I don't have any intention of applying for PhD in USA. I'm just thinking of future implications generally
The major question they would ask you is, why another masters? You should be able to defend yourself well and give a convincing reply.

There is nothing wrong in going for another masters degree. Just have a solid and convincing reason why you need another masters and not PhD

VO’s are human too, they would just wonder why. Nothing more

Also, it’s always good not to withhold any pertinent information from DS-160 form.

If they start interviewing you and drilling you with questions and ask you what you have been doing since you got your Bsc. You might forget and mistakenly mention that you got your masters, then you got a job, bla bla bla...

The VO would then ask why didn’t you list your Masters in your educational background. And further questions would be asked which may lead to denial.

So fill in your masters and attend your interview with full confidence!

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Bank450(m): 11:06am On May 12, 2021
Wow, I have an admission offer but no funding yet. I thought COA was $45k

No GRE and Toefl (Was waived cos of Waec)

Can we talk, I will send a mail request to you now. I like the school and wish to be there this Fall

Hopefully, we will see in Fayetteville soon. Up Razorback

layez:
Fayetteville.

GRE and TOEFL (Just to have strong profile)
They waived TOEFL for my WAEC tho but I'd already registered.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ProsperT2: 11:12am On May 12, 2021
Dm for bank statement ( authentic)

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by dayviheed91(m): 11:20am On May 12, 2021
Good morning, I got denied on Monday, I was giving a green paper, which stated that it stated that I'm not able to demonstrate that my intended activities in the US would be consistent with the classification of the nonimmigrant visa I applied for. And also it stated I don't have strong ties with my country, stating i dont have strong ties overseas that indicate that they will return to a foreign country after a temporary visits to the United States. Pls i want people to help me. I'm going for an underg program and I'm thinking of reapplying, pls good people should help me pls. I'm devastated.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by lentomac: 11:30am On May 12, 2021
opeyemioguns:

@lentomac, please I need d link for the economics assistantship earlier posted. Or better still, if u can attach d document here again. Thanks in anticipation
Revert to the post in the links below

https://www.nairaland.com/6354180/general-usa-student-visa-enquiries-part/172#101512172

&

this

https://www.nairaland.com/6354180/general-usa-student-visa-enquiries-part/133#100986891

you would see the ECONOMICS ASSISTANTSHIPS links in the word document attached there

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Laworldz: 11:32am On May 12, 2021
Share your transcript let people help you

dayviheed91:
Good morning, I got denied on Monday, I was giving a green paper, which stated that it stated that I'm not able to demonstrate that my intended activities in the US would be consistent with the classification of the nonimmigrant visa I applied for. And also it stated I don't have strong ties with my country, stating i dont have strong ties overseas that indicate that they will return to a foreign country after a temporary visits to the United States. Pls i want people to help me. I'm going for an underg program and I'm thinking of reapplying, pls good people should help me pls. I'm devastated.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Aishat89: 12:21pm On May 12, 2021
I have applied 4 times for an F1 visa to study in Houston community college ( liberal art and science) and got denied all through * though I have a bsc degree in biochemistry.

My Previous experiences in the american embassy have been heart acheing because I am yet to get approved...

I seriously don't wish to get denied again. It's why i have questions for the my people here it seems i was doing something wrong or it was just the system that wasn't helpful. Regardless whatever is worth doing at all is worth doing well..

My questions are
1. Is it advisable to apply again since my last visit was in 2019, but now requesting for a visiting visa (looking into conferences) is this okay.

2. I have always been denied on the basis of "not proving enough ties back home" what do i do to get through this. Plus I intending to sponsor my self ( presently employed as a scientific officer in a federal hospital) and i am currently in year one out of a three years Midwifery program here because i believe it will count as enough ties plus my personal funding... How much more do i need to do to get approved... Plss anybody's knowledgeable advice will help me out of this dilemma. I am married with no kid yet... Anybody's guidance will be highly appreciated thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Laworldz: 12:34pm On May 12, 2021
your case screams intending immigrants. I believe by Nigerians should know that saying you want to go to a community college is unbelievable because they’ll wonder why you want to travel all the way down to attend a college. Best thing is to go for a bachelors or masters or PhD rather than associate.

And for your case, you already have a bsc and you now want to go to a college.
They can’t give you even if you apply 50 times. Apply for masters,
Take your time to plan it well and dont be desperate so you don’t do things wrongly. Just relax and start all over again. Apply for something related to the work you’re doing now

Aishat89:
I have applied 4 times for an F1 visa to study in Houston community college ( liberal art and science) and got denied all through * though I have a bsc degree in biochemistry.

My Previous experiences in the american embassy have been heart acheing because I am yet to get approved...

I seriously don't wish to get denied again. It's why i have questions for the my people here it seems i was doing something wrong or it was just the system that wasn't helpful. Regardless whatever is worth doing at all is worth doing well..

My questions are
1. Is it advisable to apply again since my last visit was in 2019, but now requesting for a visiting visa (looking into conferences) is this okay.

2. I have always been denied on the basis of "not proving enough ties back home" what do i do to get through this. Plus I intending to sponsor my self ( presently employed as a scientific officer in a federal hospital) and i am currently in year one out of a three years Midwifery program here because i believe it will count as enough ties plus my personal funding... How much more do i need to do to get approved... Plss anybody's knowledgeable advice will help me out of this dilemma. I am married with no kid yet... Anybody's guidance will be highly appreciated thank you

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by flairlady(f): 1:16pm On May 12, 2021
horlahsunbo225:

Yes you can still cancel/reschedule
Okay,thank you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by dayviheed91(m): 1:19pm On May 12, 2021
Laworldz:
Share your transcript let people help you

okay I will
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 1:21pm On May 12, 2021
Aishat89:

My questions are
1. [s]Is it advisable to apply again since my last visit was in 2019, but now requesting for a visiting visa (looking into conferences) is this okay[/s]

Scrap the conference ideas, there is a pandemic, most conferences has a virtual option. No VO will be convinced that you want spend lots of money to attend a conference abroad while you can attend it at home.

Secondly, applying for a visit visa with your previous student visa denials won’t even fly, it screams I want to japa by force.

Use your BSc, apply for a masters program. That’s the best route for you to take.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by dayviheed91(m): 1:29pm On May 12, 2021
V.O: Good morning
Me: Good morning sir.
V.O: why are you going to the United state?
Me; to obtain my bachelor's degree in biological science.
V.O: good, which university?
Me: I'm going to Tennessee technological university.
V.O who is sponsoring you?
Me: I'm been sponsored by employment, after I finished secondary school i have been eorking with them.
V:O he ask red what year you left secondary school.
Me; 2015.
V.O: he checked my i20 he saw family funds in my i20. But you said your sponsor are your employer what happened. That's how my muttering started o.

V.O he handed me the green slips. Which indicate no strong ties and what have said previously. What is your take in these. Should I ask the school to send new I20 indicating my employers name and I should reapply for new date since my school is resuming by August. Pls suggestions and advice pls
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by HappyRabi: 1:35pm On May 12, 2021
Hi. I paid for MRV with mobile app, how can I get the receipt number?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Stevenssen(m): 1:38pm On May 12, 2021
dayviheed91:
Me: I'm been sponsored by employment, after I finished secondary school i have been eorking with them.
Me; 2015.
V.O: he checked my i20 he saw family funds in my i20. But you said your sponsor are your employer what happened. That's how my muttering started o.

V.O he handed me the green slips. Which indicate no strong ties and what have said previously. What is your take in these. Should I ask the school to send new I20 indicating my employers name and I should reapply for new date since my school is resuming by August. Pls suggestions and advice pls
That's what went wrong.
Did you use family sponsor to get your i-20? why didn't you use them for your interview?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by dayviheed91(m): 2:20pm On May 12, 2021
Stevenssen:

That's what went wrong.
Did you use family sponsor to get your i-20? why didn't you use them for your interview?
I think so. Cos my parents don't have strong statement of account. What should I do now. Pls help me house.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by dayviheed91(m): 2:22pm On May 12, 2021
Stevenssen:

That's what went wrong.
No I sent my employer's bank statement to school but the I20 came with family funds.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by NigerianScholar: 2:31pm On May 12, 2021
HappyRabi:
Hi. I paid for MRV with mobile app, how can I get the receipt number?
Should be in your email

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by NigerianScholar: 2:36pm On May 12, 2021
dayviheed91:
Me; 2015.

Your words contradicted your documents, that's an automatic denial.
The VO even gave you a chance to explain yourself and you started muttering.

Request another I-20 with the necessary corrections and try reapplying. Make the new VO aware of what happened in the past and be confident.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by dayviheed91(m): 2:38pm On May 12, 2021
NigerianScholar:

Your words contradicted your documents, that's an automatic denial.
The VO even gave you a chance to explain yourself and you started muttering.

Request another I-20 with the necessary corrections and try reapplying. Make the new VO aware of what happened in the past and be confident.

okay I will. Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Aishat89: 3:09pm On May 12, 2021
The responses am receiving so far is making me emotional as I pinch myself right now ... I wish someone had told me to make enquires here with you beautiful souls before setting up those not so good records at WC, Lagos �.

Chai sometimes it doesn't pay to not ask questions....

Now I Know better thanks to you all��.

I'd appreciate recommendations /suggestions of schools, and related courses that i can apply to for masters program.

My Education profile reads thus:
Bsc. Biochemistry (3rd class) 2012 which was what led me to get a PGD- Biological Science
PGD-Education + TRCN certification. And both PGDs' were completed with certification in 2015. Because the hope of getting a reliable job in the education sector and others wasn't forthcoming (thanks to Nigeria economy and my discipline/grade) 3 months before the reality of covid-19 downed on us all in 2020 i decided to purchase a state owned school of Nursing application form and have since started attending classes in February this year as per (i have the strong desire to japa+ my interest in the medical field never stopped haunting me since childhood) knowing i am useful in that field is a huge fulfilment for me even if na to start from scratch. God finally paved way and i am just six months old in this new job as a Scientific officer in a federal owned hospital.... With the unrest in this country i don't intend to give up my desire to leave one day.

You have the ability to pursue success when you are only but alive and healthy.

I hope i did'nt get to bore you all with my story.
Success isn't moimoi o from (someone yet to smell it) I pray God send us the right help and support we need when we need them the most AMEEN ��.

Counting on you guys ���

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by horlahsunbo225(m): 3:32pm On May 12, 2021
Aishat89:
The responses am receiving so far is making me emotional as I pinch myself right now ... I wish someone had told me to make enquires here with you beautiful souls before setting up those not so good records at WC, Lagos �.

Chai sometimes it doesn't pay to not ask questions....

Now I Know better thanks to you all��.

I'd appreciate recommendations /suggestions of schools, and related courses that i can apply to for masters program.

My Education profile reads thus:
Bsc. Biochemistry (3rd class) 2012 which was what led me to get a PGD- Biological Science
PGD-Education + TRCN certification. And both PGDs' were completed with certification in 2015. Because the hope of getting a reliable job in the education sector and others wasn't forthcoming (thanks to Nigeria economy and my discipline/grade) 3 months before the reality of covid-19 downed on us all in 2020 i decided to purchase a state owned school of Nursing application form and have since started attending classes in February this year as per (i have the strong desire to japa+ my interest in the medical field never stopped haunting me since childhood) knowing i am useful in that field is a huge fulfilment for me even if na to start from scratch. God finally paved way and i am just six months old in this new job as a Scientific officer in a federal owned hospital.... With the unrest in this country i don't intend to give up my desire to leave one day.

You have the ability to pursue success when you are only but alive and healthy.

I hope i did'nt get to bore you all with my story.
Success isn't moimoi o from (someone yet to smell it) I pray God send us the right help and support we need when we need them the most AMEEN ��.

Counting on you guys ���

Nothing is impossible
What is your cgpa, I believe if you're above 2.0 you'll be able to get a conditional masters admission and that'll fly.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Aishat89: 4:07pm On May 12, 2021
horlahsunbo225:

Nothing is impossible
What is your cgpa, I believe if you're above 2.0 you'll be able to get a conditional masters admission and that'll fly.

hnmm my Cgpa is 2.02
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Aishat89: 4:12pm On May 12, 2021
Laworldz:
your case screams intending immigrants. I believe by Nigerians should know that saying you want to go to a community college is unbelievable because they’ll wonder why you want to travel all the way down to attend a college. Best thing is to go for a bachelors or masters or PhD rather than associate.

And for your case, you already have a bsc and you now want to go to a college.
They can’t give you even if you apply 50 times. Apply for masters,
Take your time to plan it well and dont be desperate so you don’t do things wrongly. Just relax and start all over again. Apply for something related to the work you’re doing now

you are very correct ofcourse in my mind i was hoping once granted I'd just switch straight to studying nursing and from there, turn Mario Thanks �� really it's worth proper planning
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by horlahsunbo225(m): 4:29pm On May 12, 2021
Aishat89:

hnmm my Cgpa is 2.02
You'll need to do Wes evaluation and write GRE....then re try again

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by femi2016: 4:42pm On May 12, 2021
layez:
Fayetteville.

GRE and TOEFL (Just to have strong profile)
They waived TOEFL for my WAEC tho but I'd already registered.

Great!
Please, What is your course of study ?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by joemotayo(m): 4:46pm On May 12, 2021
@brown2green
@Lagosismyhome
Please i need your assistance on this course.
It has been a huge challenge despite being straight.
Here is my email: joemotayo@gmail.com.
Counting on your response.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Aishat89: 4:46pm On May 12, 2021
PotentialNurse:

Scrap the conference ideas, there is a pandemic, most conferences has a virtual option. No VO will be convinced that you want spend lots of money to attend a conference abroad while you can attend it at home.

Secondly, applying for a visit visa with your previous student visa denials won’t even fly, it screams I want to japa by force.

Use your BSc, apply for a masters program. That’s the best route for you to take.

Okay wowu i didn't think changing from F1 to B2 is a not going to speak well sef ... And its part of the reason I have started attending class for the three years Midwifery program i put in for here in My state o... Masters in what will be a good consideration since my cgpa is just 2.02. God please show me the way.

Thanks for the advice
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Transiter(m): 5:07pm On May 12, 2021
layez:
Actually this is my first time of posting on this platform but trust me, I read transcripts, downloaded transcripts, above all I like comments, that's mostly what I do here.

I got my Visa approved today in Abuja and it was God and preparation. A guy in my front got denied by the lady VO so I was praying I shouldn't get her. I did.

Alot of people, in my opinion, got approved today. I think today is a good day. I was part of the last people at the embassy.

Oh! I saw indaboski today.

US Embassy, Abuja
GA: $29k
Deficit: $7k

Me: Good Afternoon
V.O: Good Afternoon, Pass me your documents
Me: Passed (Hand dry shake as I passed all docs - I20, and all those used for screening)

V.O: Typing... you are going to the University of Arkansas
Me: Yes

V.O: Oh, you've got an assistantship
Me: Yes

V.O: Typing.... checking I20, ha, your sister will be covering your deficit and she stays in the US?
Me: No... She stay in Nigeria ma, and my Dad will be my sponsor. I only use my sister cos my dad was unavailable at the time when I needed to get my I20 out (She actually stays in the US).

V.O: What does your dad do?
Me: He's a business man who specialises in trading oil and gas products.

V.O: Nods, which other school did you apply to?
Me: University of Nebraska, Lincoln and Louisiana State Univeristy ( I applied to only one school)

V.O: What would when you come back to Nigeria?
Me: I'd love to work for multinational organisations such as IITA, Olam, Flour Mills, whose research aid food security as well as consult with the Ministry of Agriculture to help farmers augment thoer yield and increase output (I'm not sure she's listening to all these but I was talking).

V.O: Typing........
Me: When the silence was awkward... I said I'm actually going for Rice Processing...

That's how she just said blablabla......and I heard make sure you pick up your visa........

Omo, I was dumbfounded!!! I just did thank you and left boning. The security thought I got denied but na me know the level of cloud and euphoria that's in me.

Thank to everyone who posts their transcripts, really I learnt alot from you guys, you are the best.

By the way, no one said that we were gonna be interviewed while standing up. Me I've always thought one would sit down.

It didnt last up to 3 - 5Mins

A guy before me got approved.
COA - $45k
Dean's scholarship - $3.5I
I think the fact that he was just talking and confident was enough.

They never requested for bank statement.

Hi, Congratulations!

Please what's your profile?
I mean Did u do WES? Did u write any exam?

Do you mind sharing your CGPA and exam score? I'm interested in the assistantship you got. Did it come with a tuition waiver and stipends?

Do you feel your scores and CGPA (evaluated or not) played the major role in your getting the GA? If not, what did?

Sorry for the 20 questions. I'm weighing my chances with a 4.0/5 (unevaluated) B.Sc Quantity Surveying. no GRE or ielts yet!

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Systrom(m): 5:45pm On May 12, 2021
Guys, kudos to all the good job y’all are doing on here!

Please can I get a list of schools that don’t require WES evaluation for post graduate studies

Thanks

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by HorlarJP: 6:40pm On May 12, 2021
Hello... please can I process a USA student visa as a Nigerian living in another country... I am residing in UAE and I want to process a USA student visa... is there a way to go around it without going back to Nigeria regards the interview and other necessary things!

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by kaykad: 7:00pm On May 12, 2021
Hi PotentialNurse and anyone in the house that can help answer my question, I finished secondary school in 2008 and am trying to apply for bsc in accounting am worried about the gap between as i have been working in accounting section for Lagos state education for over 10 year now, do you think the gap different btw when i finished and now applying will cause a problem?
PotentialNurse:

(1) (2) (3) ... (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.