Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,661 members, 7,809,502 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:39 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (222) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1638705 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by desmond0001(m): 2:23pm On Jun 03, 2021
desmond0001:
someone please reply. I need to act now. Thank you
I need to reschedule vto subsequent dates. Considering doing now or reschedule from Monday 7th to other available days in June.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by customised87: 2:36pm On Jun 03, 2021
desmond0001:
I need to reschedule vto subsequent dates. Considering doing now or reschedule from Monday 7th to other available days in June.

Of course you can move your appointment from 7th June but no one can guarantee that you will get an available date in June.
I believe one can reschedule twice

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Olamiplenty007(m): 2:53pm On Jun 03, 2021
My scholarship went from part with No Stipends to full scholarship with stipends ... what’s going on .
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Beansguy: 2:54pm On Jun 03, 2021
CONGRATULATIONS
Tayoade19:

As promised, here is the full transcript of my encounter at the Lagos Embassy yesterday. I am sharing this to encourage someone and for the person to believe that with God, nothing is impossible and indeed there is a God who rules in the affairs of men. The key prayer focus should be favour. Fast forward to the experience/encounter. Two years ago, I was refused B1/B2 visa at the Lagos Embassy and when I was in the queue, I saw the same VO who refused me then and within me I was praying silently that God let it not be this VO who would interview me today. Lo and behold, I was told to go to his window and it was as if I had my heart in my mouth, I could feel my heartbeat because of the fear. He gave the lady in my front blue paper, I didn't listen to their conversation because I wasn't paying attention, I was praying within me. After giving the lady the blue slip, he was still speaking with the lady, then I was told to move to the next window which was vacant (instant answered prayer). However, when the VO who eventually interviewed me, asked the first question, I wasn't really stable because I'd thought I would be interviewed by the other guy. Let me not bore you with too much story. The interview did not last more than 3 minutes, here is the transcript;

GA: $18K
Deficit: $2.5k
VO: Good morning
Me: Good morning Sir.
VO: Pass me your passport and i20 (VO started typing)
Me: I did
VO: You are going for a master's program at the University of Nebraska right?
Me: Yes Sir
VO: Why this program?
Me: (trying to become stable). My reason for this program is fueled by my interest in understanding the interactions between diet and human genes, the molecular basis of obesity. (VO was just gazing at the computer screen, I didn't know whether he was hearing me or not)
VO: What will this degree do for you?
Me: This program will expose me to both theoretical and practical aspects of nutrigenomics such that when I return to Nigeria, I will be able to contribute to the research projects of the metabolic research group of the bleep university where I work and for years I have been assisting them in this lab for their research projects. (VO was just nodding his head)
VO: Are you married?
Me: Yes
VO: Is your wife going with you?
Me: No
VO: Why?
Me: She is currently in school for her graduate program at a Nigerian university.
VO: I think I will be giving you this chance, hang on a second (VO started typing)
Me: Ok Sir.
VO: Who is sponsoring you?
Me: I have a graduate assistantship that covers the tuition and monthly stipend while my uncle will take care of the deficit. (I was surprised VO did not ask for SOA)
VO: Your visa is approved.
Me: Thank you, Sir.
VO: Take your i20 along with you, you will need it at the port of entry and take your passport at this circled location, other information is on that slip.
Me: Thank you, Sir. Enjoy your day!
Na so I just packed my things commot from the VO's window and was just praising God.
PS: For you to experience a seamless visa interview, the God factor is very crucial, pray and fast. For it is not of him that willeth nor of him that runneth but of the Lord that showeth mercy. For those who will still be going for visa interview, I pray that God's mercies will speak for you in Jesus name. Amen!

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by TEMIT0PE: 3:08pm On Jun 03, 2021
You can, if you haven't re-scheduled before.

desmond0001:
someone please reply. I need to act now. Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by layez: 3:09pm On Jun 03, 2021
I cannot answer that but it is advisable that the opening and closing balance shows. Isn't that why it's a statement.

Try source for more funds and if you no getbany, go with the statement like that. You may be fortunate and they won't even ask after it.

Ikenna04:
the present amount no reach na why i dey ask. So is it going to be considered a fake one

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by EkemNgo: 3:13pm On Jun 03, 2021
neurosci:

Almost instantly since they should be able to send it to you electronically due to covid now.
Well they asked for the house address and also mentioned postal code so I'm certain it should be hardcopy but I haven't heard from them since 27th may.
Are you a student of NCAT
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by neurosci: 3:19pm On Jun 03, 2021
EkemNgo:

Well they asked for the house address and also mentioned postal code so I'm certain it should be hardcopy but I haven't heard from them since 27th may.
Are you a student of NCAT
Nope, I don't know what is NCAT. But I heard that because of the pandemic, embassies now allows electronic I-20 as opposed to physically mailed copies. I'm not sure tho, but if that's the case, they should be able to email you I-20 to you immediately.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Botfuss: 4:14pm On Jun 03, 2021
It’s just pure selfishness to restrict relevant information to brewing WhatsApp groups.

Come on guys! You have to pass it on! The knowledge, experience and everything garnered from this thread must be passed on to others. Post on your groups but endeavor to post here too. You are lifting destinies in ways you can never imagine . May all our aspirations come to fruition.

Selah.

7 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by EkemNgo: 4:20pm On Jun 03, 2021
neurosci:

Nope, I don't know what is NCAT. But I heard that because of the pandemic, embassies now allows electronic I-20 as opposed to physically mailed copies. I'm not sure tho, but if that's the case, they should be able to email you I-20 to you immediately.

North Carolina Agricultural and TECHNICAL state University
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by chibertha(f): 4:22pm On Jun 03, 2021
Go with your baby the odds are the same with or without.
shoyinka35:
Good everyone,
What is the is d chance for a woman who has a 9months baby that want to go for her masters with the baby be given visa OR she should rather not go with the baby,which is the best option for her visa to be approve.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by emmanuelle27: 5:11pm On Jun 03, 2021
Is there anyone in Port Harcourt writing GRE/TOEFL or currently thinking of applying for admissions, I'll like to get in touch

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Magma012: 5:25pm On Jun 03, 2021
Uniport fellows should assist me with this question pls
Magma012:
Please those that went to uniport, how many weeks does it take exams n record/senate to send your transcript to WES?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by 29Ade07: 5:26pm On Jun 03, 2021
Is there anybody in the house who applied to North Dakota State University for a PhD ? Have you heard from them? How about funding issue?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Walspring: 5:29pm On Jun 03, 2021
neurosci:
Is there anyone here who can help with paying sevis fee? What's your rate?

Bureau de change rate
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by LeviAckerman: 5:31pm On Jun 03, 2021
Is anyone here still waiting for funding from APSU?

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Charles61: 5:57pm On Jun 03, 2021
Please guys, I evaluate my HND with WES for Canada immigration, so please how can I upgrade it for USA education evaluation?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Tylerbaby: 6:02pm On Jun 03, 2021
If you are looking for cheap flights, Qatar airways is currently selling cheap tickets to the US. Check Wakanow.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Afrilag(m): 6:04pm On Jun 03, 2021
Hello Everyone. Please I have a question.

If one is going for a 2 year program, and your I-20 shows Estimated average cost for 9 months (x amount), does the total student funding on the I-20 need to show double or more of x amount because it is a 2 year course?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jun 03, 2021
Evergeen22:

And I get that bro. What I’m saying is rushing now to get the statement of account won’t it make the school feel i have money ? I’m just saying won’t it be wise to wait till after they’ve decided on the scholarship before sending in the statement
they didn’t give you funding because you’re poor

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jun 03, 2021
Charles61:
Please guys, I evaluate my HND with WES for Canada immigration, so please how can I upgrade it for USA education evaluation?
email them ask them to transfer or reevaluate for US.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jun 03, 2021
shoyinka35:
Good everyone,
What is the is d chance for a woman who has a 9months baby that want to go for her masters with the baby be given visa OR she should rather not go with the baby,which is the best option for her visa to be approve.
I would advice you go on your own. Schooling in America with a baby, the Visa Officer knows it’s Herculean for American citizens let a lone international students.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 6:27pm On Jun 03, 2021
Khaleemah:
G.morning guys,i recently got admission into Georgia state university Atlanta for my MSc although have been to the US b4 with a B1- B2 visa to give birth it was a 2 years Visa and i came back after (5month) after that have been denied Visa twice my husband was a student and i applied for an F2.
We are thinking it because of d baby we had over there (all hospital bills has been cleared and has her green passport) i will like to ask if it necessary to go with her for my student interview since we are travelling back 2gether or let her stay back.
Thank yhu
Did you take Medicaid? How many months were you stamped in? Did you use any benefits?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jun 03, 2021
Please, is there any female coming to either NY, Boston, Philadelphia, Newark this Fall? July/August,

Please, if you are, I would appreciate if you can send me a private message please.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Tayoade19: 6:38pm On Jun 03, 2021
Tylerbaby:
If you are looking for cheap flights, Qatar airways is currently selling cheap tickets to the US. Check Wakanow.

The prices on wakanow depend the part of the US, you're flying to. Cheap tickets with Qatar airline are not available for all states.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Laye92: 6:56pm On Jun 03, 2021
Hello guys, pls what are the chances of getting an emergency request approval, if one has been refused visa before? And must the request be done 60days before programs start date?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by EkemNgo: 7:16pm On Jun 03, 2021
Tamison:
Hello, I am a student at NCAT.
Please how long does it take for one to get the F I-20, I just submitted my statement of account and other documents on 27th of May. NCAT
Also I got a mail from the graduate coordinator that "we do not have funds at the moment but there is a high probabilty that you will get 24,000 USD per year from fall 2021, please how promising is this and is the fund ok
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by LeviAckerman: 7:28pm On Jun 03, 2021
LeviAckerman:
Is anyone here still waiting for funding from APSU?

anyone here still waiting for funding from APSU?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by sankofa: 7:46pm On Jun 03, 2021
Just writing this to encourage someone. Don't fret if you do not have scholarship or graduate assistantships. It helps to not have had past refusals, and to make sure what you are going to the US to study has bearing on your work experience. I got my visa today with $43,000 COA -- no scholarship or graduate assistanships.

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by shoyinka35(m): 7:55pm On Jun 03, 2021
shoyinka35:
Good everyone,

Can someone please help respond to this question.
Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by nestkojex(m): 8:10pm On Jun 03, 2021
My dear, try to read through the tread and you will find a lot. If you don't find, I can help point them out
Ebelemercy:
Good day everyone, pls I am new here I was introduced to this platform by a someone who responded to my question on FB. Please, I have an interview (f1) in Lagos next month would like to go through the transcripts to enable me to get prepared. I would appreciate it more if someone will be kind enough to forward the transcripts to my email: mercynwaizu@gmail.com. Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by EkemNgo: 8:14pm On Jun 03, 2021
sankofa:
Just writing this to encourage someone. Don't fret if you do not have scholarship or graduate assistantships. It helps to not have had past refusals, and to make sure what you are going to the US to study has bearing on your work experience. I got my visa today with $43,000 COA -- no scholarship or graduate assistanships.
Pls which school is that

(1) (2) (3) ... (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.