Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,132 members, 7,814,956 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:50 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (229) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1642283 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by sharwama(f): 1:16am On Jun 07, 2021
If it is funded, why do you need multiple sponsors? What's your deficit or what are you not telling?
Anyways, you are free to have multiple sponsors, however, that just further indicates how the degree might be a huge financial burden for your family, such that you require three sponsors, especially if it's a degree you can comfortably obtain from Nigeria.
FrostyButter:
Hello house. New here, i have a question concerning proof of funds. Can i have two co-sponsors(aunty and uncle who share the same surname) and my mum as a main sponsor? Is there a limit to people i can use as sponsors?

I intend on going for a phd program thats funded.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Tom1Akin: 4:49am On Jun 07, 2021
Good morning, please I need someone who can do mock interview for me.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by pebes: 5:55am On Jun 07, 2021
Hmmm....what a myopic question.!
RENOWNED2:
word? Bruh! Will any body hire a civil turned industrial engineer though? First i'm hearing of this, mindblown!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by crowniran(m): 6:42am On Jun 07, 2021
pebes:
Yes we can.
I am a Civil Engineer and I have admissions from two schools for ISE.
Good day sir. My name is Timi, sent you a mail already. Can we connect?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by kinkymax: 6:47am On Jun 07, 2021
Hello house,,,denied visa last week...how soon can I reapply..also after logging in to my CGI page, I notice d tabs on my dashboard are nt responding after clicking...I can't do anything on the page,,,what can I do??
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by FrostyButter: 6:47am On Jun 07, 2021
sharwama:
If it is funded, why do you need multiple sponsors? What's your deficit or what are you not telling?
Anyways, you are free to have multiple sponsors, however, that just further indicates how the degree might be a huge financial burden for your family, such that you require three sponsors, especially if it's a degree you can comfortably obtain from Nigeria.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by RENOWNED2(m): 6:54am On Jun 07, 2021
pebes:
Hmmm....what a myopic question.!
No its not! Ive been following the civil job market for a while. Post this question on the reddit for industrial engineers and see the outcome before probably wasting money unless you already have a job waiting for you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ALVA001: 7:14am On Jun 07, 2021
Damilare68:
If you are in Ibadan and need GRE. I have got Manhattan Prep 2019, Kaplan 2019, and then Princeton Review for TOEFL, 2019.

Hard copies. So first come first serve. Please do not dm. Just reply to this. The first person to contact gets.

Only if you are in Ibadan please.

Ibadan o. Thanks
Hi, thanks for the gesture. I'm in Ibadan and I will need those materials. My exam is July 22, but I have 3 weeks of intensive prep to do starting from today, Monday June 6. I will very much appreciate your help. I work inside the University of Ibadan.
Thanks. Regards.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Laye92: 7:16am On Jun 07, 2021
I'm trying to schedule an appointment and what I can see is "There are currently no appointments available ". Please can someone assist me on what to do so I can see dates or the reason for the message.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Tayoade19: 7:22am On Jun 07, 2021
mimme14sure:

Good Day Everyone. I have a bit of a challenge. I have my visa interview next week. This is after I requested an emergency booking. I just found out that on my DS 160 form, I indicated the course of study as Chemical Engineering but on my I-20 it's Chemical & Biomolecular Engineering. Would it be an issue during the interview? How do I answer/defend this error?

Which one should I say when asked during the interview? DS160 or I-20

Please, I really need help to answer this.

Thank you

Say what you have on your i20. The VO mayn't notice what is on your DS160 (You can support this with prayer). Another thing you can do is to fill another DS160 form, to correct the error. However, if you'll fill another DS160 form make sure the barcode number on your DS160 form corresponds with the appointment confirmation number on your appointment slip which you'll print from your CGI profile, otherwise you'll be turned back.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Prexy1999: 7:35am On Jun 07, 2021
mimme14sure:

Good Day Everyone. I have a bit of a challenge. I have my visa interview next week. This is after I requested an emergency booking. I just found out that on my DS 160 form, I indicated the course of study as Chemical Engineering but on my I-20 it's Chemical & Biomolecular Engineering. Would it be an issue during the interview? How do I answer/defend this error?

Thank you

Kindly mention what’s on your I-20. That will serve you better as those VO actually understand how the SEVIS Registration work.

So you are on the right track !
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Prexy1999: 7:37am On Jun 07, 2021
Tom1Akin:
Good morning, please I need someone who can do mock interview for me.
Thanks

Reach out to me , I will help you out !!!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 8:09am On Jun 07, 2021
kinkymax:
Hello house,,,denied visa last week...how soon can I reapply..also after logging in to my CGI page, I notice d tabs on my dashboard are nt responding after clicking...I can't do anything on the page,,,what can I do??
immediately you are leaving the embassy you can re-apply
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 8:09am On Jun 07, 2021
Laye92:
I'm trying to schedule an appointment and what I can see is "There are currently no appointments available ". Please can someone assist me on what to do so I can see dates or the reason for the message.
the haven’t opened any dates for you on your page it’s normal just keep checking…
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by kinkymax: 8:55am On Jun 07, 2021
Malone122:
immediately you are leaving the embassy you can re-apply
pls bro,,,am I going to create another profile or use the former one cos once I open my cgi page,,my dashboard is not responding wen I click..pls what can I do
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Laye92: 9:00am On Jun 07, 2021
Thank you. Please does it usually take long before they do?

Malone122:
the haven’t opened any dates for you on your page it’s normal just keep checking…
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 9:11am On Jun 07, 2021
kinkymax:
pls bro,,,am I going to create another profile or use the former one cos once I open my cgi page,,my dashboard is not responding wen I click..pls what can I do
you cannot create another profile you have to stick to the one you have
I have called them months back they said I shouldn’t
You can call them to explain what’s going on
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 9:12am On Jun 07, 2021
Laye92:
Thank you. Please does it usually take long before they do?

depends every Profile is different
Have they locked you out for 72 hours before ?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Laye92: 9:17am On Jun 07, 2021
No they haven't. But I have been locked out for a day before.

Malone122:
depends every Profile is different
Have they locked you out for 72 hours before ?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by chrismove: 9:20am On Jun 07, 2021
mimme14sure:

Thank you.

I think this is still in thesame realm. My school did state that the course written on the I-20 might be a bit different but it is still thesame thing.

By the way, how long did your emergency booking process take please?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 9:21am On Jun 07, 2021
Laye92:
No they haven't. But I have been locked out for a day before.

a day ?
How
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by chrismove: 9:22am On Jun 07, 2021
chrismove:
Hello everyone. Please i am new here and i have been reading posts. Please i need help with an inquiry.

I booked an appointment and the first time i got a date for september 2021. I was able to reschedule about a month ago to a date in june. However two weeks ago, i got an email from the embassy that they automatically changed my appointment to july 29. My start date is August 11 so it is quite late and i am considering applying for an emergency appointment since my date has changed twice and now i cannot see new dates on my dashboard. But i have a few questions.

1. How long does the emergency processing take please?
2. If i am not able to get a new date that is closer, will i lose my July date?
3. Will they consider me for emergency appointment seeing as my interview date still comes before my start date (although very late)?
4. Is there any advisable reason to ensure i secure an emergency appointment?

Looking forward to replies. Thank you.

Please help reply this. cry
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by mimme14sure: 9:38am On Jun 07, 2021
Prexy1999:

Kindly mention what’s on your I-20. That will serve you better as those VO actually understand how the SEVIS Registration work.

So you are on the right track !
Thank you so much!
I will come back with a testimony!!

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by mimme14sure: 9:39am On Jun 07, 2021
chrismove:

I think this is still in thesame realm. My school did state that the course written on the I-20 might be a bit different but it is still thesame thing.

By the way, how long did your emergency booking process take please?
Thank you.
It didn't take hours to get approved.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Tom1Akin: 9:55am On Jun 07, 2021
Prexy1999:

Reach out to me , I will help you out !!!

Thank you sir
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Msbanks(f): 10:08am On Jun 07, 2021
Hello House,

My visa was approved in Abuja last week Tuesday and I havent been notified that my passport is ready for collection. The white paper says it is typically in 3 business days which means it should have been ready at most Friday. Many people said they collected in 2 days. Has anyone experienced this please?

Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by kinkymax: 10:17am On Jun 07, 2021
Malone122:
you cannot create another profile you have to stick to the one you have
I have called them months back they said I shouldn’t
You can call them to explain what’s going on
thank u bro,,though I have called them twice, they didn't pick. I wil still try again.. Pls can someone apply for appointment on CGI bfr filling ds160??
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Laye92: 10:21am On Jun 07, 2021
This is Message I received " You have exceeded the limit for viewing this page and your limit will be reset as of tomorrow ".

Malone122:
a day ?
How
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by itzgbengene: 10:37am On Jun 07, 2021
Dfortune:

Abuja, and probably June ending or earlier.
thanks
I'm also looking at Abuja..have you been able to secure any early date? When is your program start date?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by itzgbengene: 10:38am On Jun 07, 2021
Dfortune:

Abuja, and probably June ending or earlier.
thanks
Let's talk more via whatsapp..number on signature
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 10:40am On Jun 07, 2021
kinkymax:
thank u bro,,though I have called them twice, they didn't pick. I wil still try again.. Pls can someone apply for appointment on CGI bfr filling ds160??
try today again they should pick

Yes you can pick an appointment date before filling ds160

(1) (2) (3) ... (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.