Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,474 members, 7,816,118 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:36 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (231) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1644104 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) (234) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 4:40pm On Jun 07, 2021
Alhamdulillah

US VISA APPROVED.
3rd Consecutive Attempt all in Lagos.
Venue: Lagos Consulate, VI
Date: 7th June, 2021.
Time: 8:00am
Interviewed: 10:30am

Course : MS Electrical Engineering Fall 21'.
School: Bleep State University.
GRA: Full Funding plus Stipends.

Full Transcript, gist and maybe story Loading.....This hustle started in 2018 oh...

44 Likes 6 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by chibertha(f): 4:49pm On Jun 07, 2021
There is a center on stadium road Rumuomasi, you can register via ETS.org or you go to the center to do it.
I can not remember the name of the place now but it is close to bereton on the same side.
As for cost exchange rate will determine that.
Mandorland:
Hello. Pls how can I register for GRE in PortHarcourt, Rivers State? How much is the exam and what will it entail for me to start... Is it sure that if I pass I can use it to get funding abroad? Please do not air me....when can I write the exam..like what period..I cannot find any relatable info online
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by chibertha(f): 4:56pm On Jun 07, 2021
Fill a new DS 160 and put in what you have on your I 20 and update the new in your portal.
Be sure to do this 72hrs before your interview time.

mimme14sure:
Good Day Everyone. I have a bit of a challenge. I have my visa interview next week. This is after I requested an emergency booking. I just found out that on my DS 160 form, I indicated the course of study as Chemical Engineering but on my I-20 it's Chemical & Biomolecular Engineering. Would it be an issue during the interview? How do I answer/defend this error?

Which one should I say when asked during the interview? DS160 or I-20

Please, I really need help to answer this.

Thank you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Misterdhee1(m): 4:57pm On Jun 07, 2021
Mamnenge:
Hello everyone.

I have been a silent follower and have read so many transcripts etc which I gained from.

I just had my visa interview today at Abuja (9:45am). I was checked in at exactly 9:45am but had my interview at about 12:10pm.

VO : I understand you are going for a master's degree in agricultural economics at Tuskegee university
ME : Yes

VO : I understand you have an assistantship.

VO: What will you do after this program?
ME : I will return to my Nigeria as the doors of employment are still open to me with my current employer.

VO : You work with LFN, what do they do?
ME : It's a non profit organization that is committed to training youths and farmers in modern and sustainable ways of practicing agriculture ....(I said more).

VO : Why would you want to return to work with your current employer? What's going to be different this time?
ME : I'd be opprtuned to work this time at senior management level and not mid management level which I currently am and I'll also get opportunity to work with bigger organisations like the African development Bank which particularly looks out for people with masters degree in agricultural economics.

VO : Keeps my passport aside.
Hold unto your I20,(passes my I-20 and white paper under the window)you will need it at the point of entry to the US...

At this point I didn't hear anything else.
I have never traveled anywhere.

May God grant everyone their hearts desire.
Congrats bro
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Francangel(f): 5:01pm On Jun 07, 2021
Oya �����!! Congratulations!!

Schrodinger1:
Alhamdulillah

US VISA APPROVED.

Course : MS Electrical Engineering Fall 21'
Research: Radar Communications Systems and Networks.
School: Colorado State University, CO.
GRA: $65,630/Year Funding plus Stipends.

Full Transcript, gist and maybe story Loading.....This hustle started in 2018 oh...

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Francangel(f): 5:05pm On Jun 07, 2021
Mine’s at Lagos. Perhaps, the locations have different time frame. Your passport should be ready before the end on this week.
Msbanks:
Abuja, DHL office wuse
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Friedpotato: 5:09pm On Jun 07, 2021
MooreCode:
Hey Guys,

My first attempt. Help me thank God, my visa was approved June 3.

Thanks to everyone that posted their transcript here because I used it to practice.

My transcript:

VO : Your passport and I-20
Me: Good morning ( I passed it)

VO : Why did you choose this course and this school?
Me : I have been an ardent follower of professor xyz and he happens to be a lecturer in this great institution. Also, I have a couple of previous and current colleagues who are graduates of this institution and they have amazing reviews about the standard of education.

VO: what do you do currently?
Me: I’m a senior software engineer

VO: I can see you have a scholarship of 17k why is your sibling still sponsoring you with 32k?
Me: before the scholarship, she has already promised to sponsor me with that amount.

VO: What does she do?
Me: She was formally an accountant with xyz oil and gas Ltd but she currently runs her own company and she’s doing absolutely well.

VO: How long has she been running this company?
Me: 2 years now

VO: Are you sure she can afford the amount since she’s been running this business in this country for just two years?
Me: Oh yes, she makes a lot of profit and she already has a staff strength of 22 employees

VO: (Turns off mic and types for a long time and takes my i-20 to another of her colleagues to confirm a couple of things)
Me: (singing in my heart Moses bliss song titled faithful to fail me, also praying that I’ll not leave here with a blue paper)

VO: (closed my passport and returned I-20 slide her had into the pile of white paper)
Me: (singing in my heart JudiKay song titled Capable God)

VO: you’d need this 1-20 blah blah blah...(hand over my 1-20 with white sheet, said a lot of other instructions then said)
I wish you a safe trip to the United States of America.
Me: thank you.

When I stepped out, I was actually crying, a lot of people were telling me don’t worry you can try again, without realizing that I got an approval.

Guys, you need to pray, your visa is totally dependent on the person interviewing you, his/her mood and what ever they feel at that time.

A lot of people were more prepared than I was, answered better that I did, where asked more technical questions and they gave amazing answers but were also rejected.

I’m not trying to scare anyone but trust me, when you get there you’d see for yourself.

This is my first time and when I entered the hall, I was gripped with fear, but I had just one confidence, and that was God has gone before me and He was also with me.

I wish everyone success and thanks to Everyone sharing there experience.

this is the total truth sha. Prepare and pray because the mood of the V.O is 50% in determining your approval. That’s why you’d see some people talk rubbish and they’d still be approved. Prepare very hard nevertheless.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by beejhay69: 5:13pm On Jun 07, 2021
Congrats man!
Schrodinger1:
Alhamdulillah

US VISA APPROVED.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Prexy1999: 5:19pm On Jun 07, 2021
mimme14sure:
Thank you so much!
I will come back with a testimony!!

Amen!!!!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by horlahsunbo225(m): 5:20pm On Jun 07, 2021
Schrodinger1:
Alhamdulillah

US VISA APPROVED.

Congrats my Gee

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Prexy1999: 5:20pm On Jun 07, 2021
Schrodinger1:
Alhamdulillah

US VISA APPROVED.

Congrats � man !!!!

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Prexy1999: 5:23pm On Jun 07, 2021
Mayorism:
Hello All,

I want to thank you guys here for such a nice job in guiding F-1 visa hopefuls. I stumbled on this thread while searching for helpful info during preparation for my F-1 visa interview and I must confess the hunts and advice i garnered here were very helpful particularly regarding the particular kind kf questions to expect and how to convincingly answer them.

My interview, on the 18th May, was successful and I want to share the transcript here to encourage someone.

Program: Political Science, PhD
CoA: 43k
Funding: Full Ride

VO: Good Morning, passport and 1-20 please.
Me: Good morning (handing him the docs)

VO: Why are you going to the States? *starts typing vigorously*
Me: I am going for my PhD in Political Science @ XYZ

VO: How many schools did you apply to? *still typing*
Me: Just this one

VO: Why just this? *stops typing*
Me: One, the quality of its faculty and especially the works of two memners whose profile intersect with mine, and two, the opportunity for career growth in terms paper publications and conference attendances the program provides.

VO: Are you married?
Me: Yes, with two kids

VO: Are they travelling with you?
Me: Not for now

VO: Will they join you any time in the future?
Me: Yes, My kids are pretty too young to be detached from their dad for so long.

VO: I will be approving your visa
Me: Thank you.

I was so happy I almost forgot my 1-20. The VO had to call me back to get it.

My advice: Pray as hard as you can, what God cannot do does not exist. In my case, GRE was waived, English Test was piad for by my Program and I got full funding.

God is still in the business of blessing those who trust in Him. Shalom

Congrats �

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Prexy1999: 5:24pm On Jun 07, 2021
Mamnenge:
Hello everyone.

I have been a silent follower and have read so many transcripts etc which I gained from.

I just had my visa interview today at Abuja (9:45am). I was checked in at exactly 9:45am but had my interview at about 12:10pm.

VO : I understand you are going for a master's degree in agricultural economics at Tuskegee university

VO : I understand you have an assistantship.

VO: What will you do after this program?
ME : I will return to my Nigeria as the doors of employment are still open to me with my current employer.

VO : You work with LFN, what do they do?
ME : It's a non profit organization that is committed to training youths and farmers in modern and sustainable ways of practicing agriculture ....(I said more).

VO : Why would you want to return to work with your current employer? What's going to be different this time?
ME : I'd be opprtuned to work this time at senior management level and not mid management level which I currently am and I'll also get opportunity to work with bigger organisations like the African development Bank which particularly looks out for people with masters degree in agricultural economics.

VO : Keeps my passport aside.
Hold unto your I20,(passes my I-20 and white paper under the window)you will need it at the point of entry to the US...

At this point I didn't hear anything else.
I have never traveled anywhere.

May God grant everyone their hearts desire.

Congrats �
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Fauna: 5:34pm On Jun 07, 2021
Any guy/s, going to Missouri state university that had been approved student visa. Kindly Please dm. I have important information for you. Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Laye92: 5:57pm On Jun 07, 2021
Does it matter if I have cancelled an appointment before on the same MRV I'm using to schedule this appointment?

customised87:

This happened to me and I just went ahead to use another email address to open a new profile and I was able to See and book my appointment date. After registering, you will be asked to upload the data page of your passport so that they can merge your previous profile with the new one. I uploaded and they replied me the next working day, so I just went ahead to book a date.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by cliffton: 5:57pm On Jun 07, 2021
Hello guys please who would make a better sponsor;

A cousin of mine that bears a different surname from mine (but I plan on claiming his my uncle - mum's brother) or should I rather just state that his my cousin.

Or my father in-law whose account has been recently updated for my brother inlaws visa attempt in August.

How much should the sponsors account hold normally. The program is a PhD.

I am looking towards fall entry but have not applied yet.

Also, when the school sends I-20, would they include the sponsor I indicated during my application or would I be asked to fill that out as I would want to change it since I didn't get the scholarship I filled there again.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 5:58pm On Jun 07, 2021
Congratulations!!! grin. God is good!
Schrodinger1:
Alhamdulillah

US VISA APPROVED.

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Laye92: 5:59pm On Jun 07, 2021
Pld do you know how many times I can check in a day to avoid been locked out for 72 hours?

Malone122:
there’s really nothing you can do
Just keep checking dates would come but don’t over check before they lock you out for 72 hours
Update us if you get dates
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 6:06pm On Jun 07, 2021
Laye92:
Pld do you know how many times I can check in a day to avoid been locked out for 72 hours?

since when have you not been seeing dates ??

Like 3-5 times a day with intervals
What I did then was logged in and refresh every 5 minutes to avoid logging out
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by FyiNodrama: 7:37pm On Jun 07, 2021
Schrodinger1:
Alhamdulillah

US VISA APPROVED.

Hello @Schrodinger1,

I am also going to CSU for my masters in Political Science. I would love to get in touch with.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ifedolarpo(f): 7:43pm On Jun 07, 2021
Your father in law as long as he has the money to show for proof of funds or your cousin. It doesn’t matter but for me go for your father in law. The embassy won’t know they financed your brother in law before.
You have to confirm from your course how much is the school fees, that means your proof of funds should be more than the school fee and for phd most times people get full/ half funding for it. Inquiry from your school sha
I think it might be late to apply for fall but you can try.
Your I-20 will include the sponsor

cliffton:
Hello guys please who would make a better sponsor;

A cousin of mine that bears a different surname from mine (but I plan on claiming his my uncle - mum's brother) or should I rather just state that his my cousin.

Or my father in-law whose account has been recently updated for my brother inlaws visa attempt in August.

How much should the sponsors account hold normally. The program is a PhD.

I am looking towards fall entry but have not applied yet.

Also, when the school sends I-20, would they include the sponsor I indicated during my application or would I be asked to fill that out as I would want to change it since I didn't get the scholarship I filled there again.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by MistaJoey: 7:52pm On Jun 07, 2021
Schrodinger1:
Alhamdulillah

US VISA APPROVED.

hearty congratulations!!! Well deserved���

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by cliffton: 8:00pm On Jun 07, 2021
Thanks for the response bro.
I was just asking if I could use my cousin - the guy owns a bank or my father in-law whose account has been updated (but currently less than the COA - although this can be updated with time. But am scared of sudden lump sum to the acc).

My qs is this, my mum hasn't really travelled before, so I plan to claim that this cousin of mine is my Uncle to make the blood relationship firmer. Wil this hurt me? Or should I just use him as my cousin.

His truly my cousin and my mum helped raise him. But I don't know if the embassy would believe this cos we bear different surnames.

I already applied for fall 2021 but yet to receive admission decision cos of WES delay. Though the school is still waiting for my WES report to make a decision and I have identified and done a successful interview with a Professor.

Do you think if my admission decision comes out positive this month that there is still time to apply for VIsa?

...And would using my cousin as an uncle help matters or worsen it?

Thanks a lot bro for you time.

Ifedolarpo:
Your father in law as long as he has the money to show for proof of funds or your cousin. It doesn’t matter but for me go for your father in law. The embassy won’t know they financed your brother in law before.
You have to confirm from your course how much is the school fees, that means your proof of funds should be more than the school fee and for phd most times people get full/ half funding for it. Inquiry from your school sha
I think it might be late to apply for fall but you can try.
Your I-20 will include the sponsor

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Lilymatty(f): 8:01pm On Jun 07, 2021
[quote author=justwise post=97882256][/quote]

Please how do i get from part 1 of this. This will help me ad am planning on applying for a school in the US. This is my mail julietmatilda72@gmail.com
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by MistaJoey: 8:04pm On Jun 07, 2021
I really don't understand how someone will come here, gain so much info, reach out to people here and those schooling in different US schools for guidance and assistance, get massive help only to get admission/visa approval, and start hiding their courses, schools and whatever!
Cos if you can share your profile before applying & gaining admission, why can't you post your profile afterwards to inspire and give hope to others?

E no just make sense!!!

FYI: USA is accepting a whole lot of people now, so whether you share or not, you'll see a fellow Nigerian in that your school & department o!

Tilll we all win!!��

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by MistaJoey: 8:05pm On Jun 07, 2021
Massive Congratulations to all my people here getting approvals, better luck to all delayed, get it next time, and goodluck to all yet to go, best wishes!

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Dotman23(m): 8:05pm On Jun 07, 2021
sharwama:
Not sure I understand what you mean by closing date, but I do know a lot of summer programs round off 1st or second week of August, with the new academic year beginning on the third or fourth week of August.
Grad coordinator is probably enjoying summer break, I would consider mailing the executive aide or someone in the admissions office. I hope this helps.
Thank you very much
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Doriskc: 8:29pm On Jun 07, 2021
Please I need some guidance, just in case anyone has faced a similar challenge.

In 2016, I was turned back at the PoE in Chicago, while going to have my baby. I had given birth to two before then in the US and it was never an issue. But this November 2016 case, the lady was obviously pro-Trump. She even said "a new sherrif is in town" so those of us coming to give our kids blue passport have another thing coming. This was the month Trump won.

This lady wrote on my file that I was planning to use Medicaid to have my baby and wasn't planning to pay (false because I showed all previous receipts and even gave her the hospital contacts to verify). Then she put me on a plane back, 33 weeks pregnant.

Now, the issue is that she seems to have written a whole lot on my record cos I just went for a student visa interview (with two dependents) and after answering all questions well, the VO look at his screen for a long time and then gave me a rejection.

Please, how do it go about this? How can I clear my records? Cos even if I reapply, this may still be an issue.

Has anyone been in a similar situation? I need need help. Someone advised me to ask on this platform. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by viviansteph12: 9:04pm On Jun 07, 2021
Greetings everyone
Please, is there anyone here who has been accepted by Baruch College for fall 2021 or anyone already with the college, I've got some questions please.
Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Prexy1999: 9:34pm On Jun 07, 2021
Hi Fall 2021 Guys,

If you need a mock interviews, you can reach out to me as it is pro-Bono. Thank you !!!!!

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Taiwokayode1960(m): 9:46pm On Jun 07, 2021
I’m so happy for you guy’s that your visa has been approved,I’ve been silent In this forum 5years now to be precisely,I love reading the positive transcripts in this forum it got motivated...coz I don’t really know much about all what you’re saying,I’m so glad I’ve learnt alots and for those that are yet to be interview,God’s grace will definitely speak for you �� we’re all going to be congratulated before this month ruins out in this forum

19 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) (234) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.