Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,727 members, 7,820,515 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:21 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (254) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1648029 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 10:16am On Jun 16, 2021
Temitopebisi:
Good morning.

Please if i have a funding and a deficit of 3k, whose name should I put on the question in the form that says : Person paying for trip
whomever is paying that 3k
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by EmmyteeTosin(m): 10:20am On Jun 16, 2021
What if one has a dollar domiciliary account card to pay won't work ?
Helkayklassic:

You can’t pay Sevis from Nigeria. Either you travel to Benin Republic to pay it (I don’t know if it is still possible) or you simply contact @Walspring, he will help you.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Picricchem: 10:33am On Jun 16, 2021
Post Secondary Education starts from ND to B.Sc and MSC if you have one. They are expecting those transcripts and not your SSCE.

On Evaluation, you need to check if they are are talking about WES. But literally, English Evaluation is needed if your transcript is not in English language.
So if it's WES that they need, you have to do it. If not, your transcript is already in English and you just need to send it like that.

Larryconcept:
Dear All d Guru's in d plz help a broda. I Applied for Kutztown university in USA got dis mail today
Have official transcripts sent from all post-secondary institutions attended.

Submit your official English transcript evaluation report.

Is dis wes they r askin for all wot?

If is Wes why all post-secondary institutions cos I only giv fill my university education details.

Please also help on how to go about it.

God Bless
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by mardean22S: 10:34am On Jun 16, 2021
Good morning everyone,
I have a statement of account I collected 3momths ago for my i-20, my visit interview is next week. Can I go with the same statement of account or is it better I get a new one??
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Mandex11: 10:35am On Jun 16, 2021
Done thanks
TheReaper17:
Course by course evaluation (ICAP)

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 10:45am On Jun 16, 2021
sankofa:
Just writing this to encourage someone. Don't fret if you do not have scholarship or graduate assistantships. It helps to not have had past refusals, and to make sure what you are going to the US to study has bearing on your work experience. I got my visa today with $43,000 COA -- no scholarship or graduate assistanships.

Congratulations on your visa.
I sent you a pm
Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Hybeesalau: 10:54am On Jun 16, 2021
Hello. Please how does this emergency request work?
I applied to lagos, dates were not available so I had to request emergency. People that have experienced it before please give me some info. How long max does it take to get a response and if the request is not granted, will de tell you or just ghost you?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Temitopebisi: 10:55am On Jun 16, 2021
Thanks a lot
Malone122:
whomever is paying that 3k
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 11:15am On Jun 16, 2021
Go with both passports. The VO would return the old to you and keep the new one for your visa. All the best.
Omonikansoso:
Hi everyone. Please can someone respond to me urgently. My passport expires in December although I have just gotten a new one yday and my appointment is in August. My appointment confirmation has my old passport number (validity is less than 6months). Would this be a problem during the interview? Should I carry both passports or I might have to reschedule?? Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Haryans: 11:43am On Jun 16, 2021
Lagos date is showing 2024. Mehn this thing is tiring
Olomojola:

Even abuja now shows no date available.. I hope this is temporary oo
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by iPhenas(f): 11:45am On Jun 16, 2021
Fully funded PhD at the New Jersey Institute of Technology.

https://twitter.com/iamkique_/status/1405112516708077569?s=19

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Olomojola: 11:56am On Jun 16, 2021
Haryans:
Lagos date is showing 2024. Mehn this thing is tiring
Be careful not to use your real account to check multiple times in a day so they don't freeze the account for 72 hours like I just got slammed
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Tobzzzty(m): 12:00pm On Jun 16, 2021
When they ask Person/Entity Paying for Your Trip on DS-160 form. Do they mean I should put my Funding details like all my sponsors. Or does it mean who is paying for just my flight tickets?

I selected Self because I thought it was about the flight trips. My sponsor is my dad and uncle.

1. Please will this be an issue during the interview?
2. What should I do since I have already submitted my DS160, paid and already booked for a visa appointment with this error.

Please I would appreciate a response. I am just confused.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by NigPatriot(m): 12:04pm On Jun 16, 2021
statemanui:

Okay.

Can I tell VO that my uncle is sponsoring me through his company's fund or what?

Please advice.

Thank you

I don't see reasons why you're fretting. The company is owned by your uncle, and it's the same company sponsoring you. That's logical for the VO to understand.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 12:06pm On Jun 16, 2021
Tobzzzty:
When they ask Person/Entity Paying for Your Trip on DS-160 form. Do they mean I should put my Funding details like all my sponsors. Or does it mean who is paying for just my flight tickets?

I selected Self because I thought it was about the flight trips. My sponsor is my dad and uncle.

1. Please will this be an issue during the interview?
2. What should I do since I have already submitted my DS160, paid and already booked for a visa appointment with this error.

Please I would appreciate a response. I am just confused.
Refill a new ds160 and correct the error with the person sponsoring the education (dad/ uncle )
Then update the new ds160 number on your CGI profile
Do this 3 days before the interview at most
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Tobzzzty(m): 12:13pm On Jun 16, 2021
Malone122:

Refill a new ds160 and correct the error with the person sponsoring the education (dad/ uncle )
Then update the new ds160 number on your CGI profile
Do this 3 days before the interview at most

Thanks Malone122.
please can you buzz me on whatsapp on 07037352933. I'm new to this. thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by NigPatriot(m): 12:16pm On Jun 16, 2021
mardean22S:
Good morning everyone,
I have a statement of account I collected 3momths ago for my i-20, my visit interview is next week. Can I go with the same statement of account or is it better I get a new one??

The only thing that will make it better is if the new balance is much more than the existing balance. If not, save yourself the stress and go with the one you already have.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Toluv20: 12:51pm On Jun 16, 2021
Please friends, i need list of universities in usa that fund MBA.
Thanks in advance.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Tylerbaby: 12:53pm On Jun 16, 2021
Malone122:
that 72 hours blocking is always painful next time don’t log out just refresh every 5-10 minutes… hopefully they would open more dates from 21st and above
The idea I used during my time is to open another account with another email to check for dates. This provides you with more chances to check. When you get a suitable date, log in to the main account and book an appointment.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Avidreader748: 12:57pm On Jun 16, 2021
Posting this on behalf of my brother. I introduced him here and downloaded all the past transcripts for him.

So read.

Visa Approved.
16 June 2021

(First and the second attempt were both in Lagos. School: Texas Tech). Denied.

3rd Attempt. Iowa state university. (Abuja Embassy)

Tuition: 47k (international student fees)

Funding: Graduate Assistantship which reduces the 47k to 5k (residents tuition) and inside the 5k a 50% tuition scholarship.

Stipend: 4.7k per semester.

Deficit: 12k (mainly living expenses)

After my midnight prayer. I slept and woke up by 3 am. I was forcing myself to sleep but sleep refused to come. �. Many thoughts were running through my mind.

I just started playing worship songs till morning.

Fast forward to my 7:45 am interview.

After check-in, your brother had to go to the restroom to ginger himself. I was telling myself that this is my last interview, so I have to be confident. After the motivation, my heart was sha still beating fast.

Before it got to my turn the lady approved a family and denied a lady going for visitation.

When it got to my turn.

Vo: place your hand on the thumbprint machine. Left, right. Two thumbs.
Oh, one of your left fingers didn't capture. (I was confused. I was putting my left thumb when she said put the four left figures. Of which I did and we smiled.

VO: You are going to Iowa State University for a master's degree in Architecture and Building science/technology?
Me: Yes ma.

Vo: who is paying for this?
Me: Iowa state offered me a graduate assistantship and scholarship... Vo cuts in...

Vo: But who will be paying the remaining, (pointing at my I 20).
Me: My Dad. He is in the building industry. Owns a steel roofing company.

Vo: What is your highest degree?
Me: Bachelor's degree in architecture.

Vo: When did you graduate?
Me: 2017

Vo: Do you know anybody in the US?
Me: yes, my brother. Vo cuts in...

Vo: Where is he?
Me: Rochester, Vo cuts in.

Vo: Oh, wait, you have 1, 2, 3 siblings in the US.
Me: yes ma, they are 3.

Vo: what do they do?
Me: My brother works with XYZ
My first sister is a medical doctor, she works with XYZ.
My second sister is a pharmacist, she works with XYZ.
They both come back sometimes.

Vo: Are they living there?
Me: yes ma.

Vo: typing for some time.
Me: me speaking in tongues. � the kind of prayer I was praying eh. (This was almost the line of my second attempt which I got denial for. But as God may have it she pops the next question, which wasn't asked on my second attempt).

Vo. So you have 3 siblings in the US, what then will make you come back?
Me: well like I said, my dad is in the building industry, he owns a roofing company, so as the last child I will be coming back to work with him and also take over since I am in the building industry too. I want to expand the company to accommodate other architecture practices.

Vo: types...
Ok, your visa has been approved, (I intentionally paid attention to everything she said while holding my joy within). She said, visit our site to learn about the travel restrictions so you won't be sent back. This is because of the covid 19 and some countries will not allow you to enter their country as a result of that. Watch how you book your flight.

Me: yes ma thank you ma.

I left with a heart filled with joy because this was my easiest interview. My 3rd attempt...

To be honest I can tell you boldly that it was God that did it.

Good luck to everyone believing God for a miracle.

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 1:01pm On Jun 16, 2021
Please my visa was denied at the embassy on the 10th of June. I have been trying to book new appointment but the dates i can see is in November. Can i pick the date and request for emergency appointment? Will it be approved? Do they approve expedite appointment for anyone that has been denied before?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by fantabulous08: 1:14pm On Jun 16, 2021
Timi1990:
Anyone coming to Alabama this fall ? Let me know if you need airport pick up from Montgomery airport or Birmingham �.

I hope I’m opportune to go.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 1:16pm On Jun 16, 2021
Please how do i contact FairHeart?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 1:24pm On Jun 16, 2021
ife92:
Please my visa was denied at the embassy on the 10th of June. I have been trying to book new appointment but the dates i can see is in November. Can i pick the date and request for emergency appointment? Will it be approved? Do they approve expedite appointment for anyone that has been denied before?
yes you can book the date and request for emergency, hopefully a closer dates comes up you reschedule..

Approval or denial of emergency request no one can tell you that you just have to hope for approval
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Pefuele(m): 1:52pm On Jun 16, 2021
Omonikansoso:
Hello house. I need a lil clarification. My estimated average cost for 12months is far lower than my Students funding for 12months. Is this a surplus or deficit? Thanks

This should be an excess offer. Congrats! Also, you may share a screen shot of the offer here. Feel free not to share sensitive information as you share the screen shot.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by didogzy: 2:27pm On Jun 16, 2021
Please my mum and aunt will be paying for my education. Can I fill both their names in the person paying for your trip section of the ds 160 or just one of them? Thanks

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Childofthemosth(f): 3:02pm On Jun 16, 2021
Hi Everyone,
Someone is trying to help me make my SEVIS payment at a Western Union office but they keep asking for Name of the person the money is going to.
I told them that they are to write SEVIS FEE in account name but they said no. What am I supposed to write there please? It's urgent, the person is still at the office
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Stella03: 3:04pm On Jun 16, 2021
Hybeesalau:
Hello. Please how does this emergency request work?
I applied to lagos, dates were not available so I had to request emergency. People that have experienced it before please give me some info. How long max does it take to get a response and if the request is not granted, will de tell you or just ghost you?

Please how does this work??
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Girlbestfriend(f): 3:04pm On Jun 16, 2021
Avidreader748:
Posting this on behalf of my brother. I introduced him here and downloaded all the past transcripts for him.

So read.

Congratulations to your brother!!!!

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Girlbestfriend(f): 3:05pm On Jun 16, 2021
ife92:

Hi!
Please can you share your delayed transcript so others can learn. Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Stella03: 3:10pm On Jun 16, 2021
I actually booked an appointment in Lagos and the earliest available date is January 4th 2022,so I requested for an emergency appointment and since Sunday I haven’t gotten update from them,please how long do I have to wait??

(1) (2) (3) ... (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.