Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,748 members, 7,820,585 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:36 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (274) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1648076 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 1:46pm On Jun 21, 2021
Who was that person asking about prodigy and student loans?

You have your answer here.

Congratulations! Go and Excel.
NoFap123:
Venue: Lagos
School: University of Louisville, Kentucky.
Under-graduate Degree: Adult Education/Communication and Language Arts
Intended Degree : Business Analytics.

Appointment Time : 21st June, 2021; 7:00 am (4 VOs were around, though they didn't come same time).
I got there around 5:30am cause I wanted to be part of the first set. Avoid those nonsense people at the gate, they just wanna scam you. � I greeted all security guards from the gate to the interview room, and they were quite impressed someone rated them enough to greet them lol. One was even praying for me. Sha, the warm reception helped me stay calm. Be ready to stand for long sha. The wait is the hardest part tbh.

I was the 26th person to be interviewed, (yeah I'm extra lol), but tbh, too many people chop blue paper. and it had to do with funding. �

almost five people were rejected before it got to my turn but I kept calm. The black American woman who rejected everyone that went to her beckoned on me. �� but as I was going to her side, the window before her got vacant so I sharply hopped in.

Male VO, what I wanted from the start. �

Me: Hi, Good morning. (with the sweetest voice ever and a big fat smile)
VO: Good morning.
Me: (sharply) How are you? ��
VO: (surprised, but clearly amused) I'm doing great! Pass me your I-20 and passport.

I did.

VO: Where are you going to?
Me: I'm going to the University of Louisville, Kentucky for my Master's program in Business Analytics.

VO: Why Business Analytics?
Me: I had to work with a lot of data at my first job, so I started learning data analytics tools. I eventually ventured into data analytics when I discovered it was a lucrative and booming field with a lot of opportunities, which carried a financially rewarding prospect in. my transition was made easy by the many opportunities and scholarships available for upcoming black women in tech that I got a hold of, like my two nanodegrees from Udacity in Business and Data Analytics. I would come back to Nigeria to break into any of the big four and take up a position as a Senior Business Analyst preferably at Deloitte or PwC, in order to drive insightful business solutions with data and this degree puts me in a good stead to landing it.

(Yes he allowed me talk at full length me sef shock)

VO: Who will be sponsoring your education?
Me: I got a partial scholarship from my school, and I took a loan from Prodigy finance which would cover the remaining deficit. My mother is going to sponsor my living expenses. She's into real estate, property valuation, and she works on many building contracts; for instance, she's presently collaborating with the Ekiti state government in building about 15 blocks of apartments for police officers in Ekiti state

VO: Okay. Can I see any documents stating the terms of the loan?
Me: Of course. (I looked for my letter everywhere, I dinnor find it, omoo. The VO was smiling and he told me to calm down and not rush. I sha found it and gave him.

VO: Did you have any consigner for this loan?
Me: No, I didn't. it's a no-consigner, no-collateral loan. I was given cause my degree has a high Return on Investment, so the lenders were certain I was capable of paying it fast. Also, I have good savings and a great credit score.

VO: I will be issuing your visa. He gave me a White paper.
Me: Thank you.

I didn't hear anything after he said that. I always told myself that I will try to listen after my approval but omooo. �� I didn't hear singbai.

The euphoria made me ask VO for my passport back. lmaooo. He said I will be called to collect it.

Help me thank God óò! He didn't ask my most dreaded question of "what was my undergraduate degree in". Even though I got funded offers in other schools, I opted out for this one cause of the one-year internship it offers and I'm glad I made that decision!

Thanks to everyone who helped me on this journey from day one.
@⁨John Doe⁩ @⁨Bisola⁩ for help in GRE. God bless you guys immensely ��� @⁨Johanson Onyegbula⁩ @⁨OBINNA UGWU⁩ @⁨Kunle Adewole ��⁩ ⁩ @⁨Oreoluwa Central Florida⁩ @⁨Samuel Affar⁩

you guys were there for me. you all are amaaazzzing! God bless everyone on ANNEX. �

~ Ewatomi

13 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Electroweb(m): 2:06pm On Jun 21, 2021
abdullahi45:

All that matters is for the school to be SEVP accredited. If it isn't, you won't even get a visa to start with.

Ok. Thanks for the guidance.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by jojoey: 2:21pm On Jun 21, 2021
NoFap123:

Appointment Time : 21st June, 2021; 7:00 am (4 VOs were around, though they didn't come same time).
I got there around 5:30am cause I wanted to be part of the first set. Avoid those nonsense people at the gate, they just wanna scam you. � I greeted all security guards from the gate to the interview room, and they were quite impressed someone rated them enough to greet them lol. One was even praying for me. Sha, the warm reception helped me stay calm. Be ready to stand for long sha. The wait is the hardest part tbh.

I was the 26th person to be interviewed, (yeah I'm extra lol), but tbh, too many people chop blue paper. and it had to do with funding. �

almost five people were rejected before it got to my turn but I kept calm. The black American woman who rejected everyone that went to her beckoned on me. �� but as I was going to her side, the window before her got vacant so I sharply hopped in.

VO: (surprised, but clearly amused) I'm doing great! Pass me your I-20 and passport.

I did.

Me: I'm going to the University of Louisville, Kentucky for my Master's program in Business Analytics.

Me: I had to work with a lot of data at my first job, so I started learning data analytics tools. I eventually ventured into data analytics when I discovered it was a lucrative and booming field with a lot of opportunities, which carried a financially rewarding prospect in. my transition was made easy by the many opportunities and scholarships available for upcoming black women in tech that I got a hold of, like my two nanodegrees from Udacity in Business and Data Analytics. I would come back to Nigeria to break into any of the big four and take up a position as a Senior Business Analyst preferably at Deloitte or PwC, in order to drive insightful business solutions with data and this degree puts me in a good stead to landing it.

Me: I got a partial scholarship from my school, and I took a loan from Prodigy finance which would cover the remaining deficit. My mother is going to sponsor my living expenses. She's into real estate, property valuation, and she works on many building contracts; for instance, she's presently collaborating with the Ekiti state government in building about 15 blocks of apartments for police officers in Ekiti state

Me: Of course. (I looked for my letter everywhere, I dinnor find it, omoo. The VO was smiling and he told me to calm down and not rush. I sha found it and gave him.

Me: No, I didn't. it's a no-consigner, no-collateral loan. I was given cause my degree has a high Return on Investment, so the lenders were certain I was capable of paying it fast. Also, I have good savings and a great credit score.

I didn't hear anything after he said that. I always told myself that I will try to listen after my approval but omooo. �� I didn't hear singbai.

The euphoria made me ask VO for my passport back. lmaooo. He said I will be called to collect it.

Help me thank God óò! He didn't ask my most dreaded question of "what was my undergraduate degree in". Even though I got funded offers in other schools, I opted out for this one cause of the one-year internship it offers and I'm glad I made that decision!

@⁨John Doe⁩ @⁨Bisola⁩ for help in GRE. God bless you guys immensely ��� @⁨Johanson Onyegbula⁩ @⁨OBINNA UGWU⁩ @⁨Kunle Adewole ��⁩ ⁩ @⁨Oreoluwa Central Florida⁩ @⁨Samuel Affar⁩

you guys were there for me. you all are amaaazzzing! God bless everyone on ANNEX. �

~ Ewatomi

Congratulations!!!

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by jojoey: 2:24pm On Jun 21, 2021
Hello guys, please when I’m trying to request an emergency appointment, and I want to upload my I-20, does it have to be signed by me? Or can I upload it the way it was sent?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Davidigonor100: 2:24pm On Jun 21, 2021
[your stories of what your dad do for a living doesn't stand straight its obvious you lying to them even if you are not..thise guys are very smart and you implicated yourself in the first interview about what he does for a living..they record all of your conversations incase of next time..please get your story right for the next interview..you can say he used to work at a microfinance bank and or still does but also sells cars for a living. quote author=TWoods post=102929907]

It would be good to know what school and major you are going for. That may give you a clue as to what the problem is... Also what in your father's statement of account? Does it have more than enough funding for your education? If your COA is $20,000 and your dad only has the equivalent of $24,000, you should know that will be a problem. [/quote]
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by EkemNgo: 2:37pm On Jun 21, 2021
How do one apply for loan for living expenses. How long before payback
KemLaughs:
Who was that person asking about prodigy and student loans?

You have your answer here.

Congratulations! Go and Excel.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Girlbestfriend(f): 2:58pm On Jun 21, 2021
chibertha:
Good morning family,
Could you please give me affordable and secure hotels close to the airport at Ikeja.
I need an airport that will be NGN20,000.00 max

Have you gotten one now?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 2:59pm On Jun 21, 2021
@ NoFap123
EkemNgo:
How do one apply for loan for living expenses. How long before payback
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Girlbestfriend(f): 3:05pm On Jun 21, 2021
Pace6:
I applied and got admitted in a university in the US and my interview date was scheduled for today but unfortunately I was denied. The school I applied is $12k tuition and $8k estimated living expenses with other fees a total of $23,512

Me: good morning

VO: good morning

I see that you applied for this university, how did you get to know about it?

Me: Through my uncle who owns an educational consulting firm

VO: have you traveled outside Nigeria before?

Me: No ma’am

VO: who’s sponsoring your trip?

Me: My uncle

VO: when did you finish secondary school?

Me: 2006

VO: what have you been doing since then?

Me: I’ve had a National Diploma and a Higher National Diploma from xyz school in Nigeria

VO: hands back my passport and a green paper to me!

At this point I felt devastated and heart broken.

Please gurus in the house do you think I said anything wrong?

Was it that the tuition fee is way too much or too small?

Were you going for a Masters or Bachelor's degree??
@bolded: that's where you would have shined IMO
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Prodigee: 3:12pm On Jun 21, 2021
NoFap123:
The black American woman who rejected everyone that went to her beckoned on me. �� but as I was going to her side, the window before her got vacant so I sharply hopped in.

Male VO, what I wanted from the start.

Guy your sharpness here helped you o!

5 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Timgreat31(m): 3:20pm On Jun 21, 2021
Thanks for the response
kennethjunior:

Pick the date and request for emergency
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Girlbestfriend(f): 3:23pm On Jun 21, 2021
NoFap123:

I did.

~ Ewatomi

Congratulations!!!!

Me would have issued you the visa after your "Why business analytics" answer. Like I was blown. Congratulations again.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by abbeYhart(m): 3:29pm On Jun 21, 2021

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Pace6: 3:38pm On Jun 21, 2021
Girlbestfriend:

Were you going for a Masters or Bachelor's degree??
@bolded: that's where you would have shined IMO

I’m going for a bachelor’s degree program.

Please pardon me I’m not so familiar with the abbreviations.

What’s IMO?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by TWoods(m): 3:51pm On Jun 21, 2021
Ogbanz:
Good Morning everyone.

I got a US visa denial recently in Lagos, Nigeria. However, could not point out where exactly the problem came from. Kindly read my transcripts below and assist me. I am about reapplying.

Time: 8:45am @ 16th June 2021
(I got full ride scholarship)

VO: Good morning sir.
Me: Good morning to you, sir. And how are you doing, sir?
VO: I am fine, sir. Please, pass me your passport & i20
Me: You can have it, sir.
VO: Where are you going, sir?
Me: I am going for doctoral studies in Engineering Physics at the University of Missouri, St. Louis with a concentration in Mathematical Physics & Quantum Computation.
VO: I can see you have full funding from the department. Will you be working for the department?
ME: sure sir
VO: are you married?
Me: Yes. I am married and blessed with 3 kids sir
VO: are there going with you?
Me: Obviously no, sir. My wife works as a clinical Sociologist at ABC Agency in Lagos. And my kids will be staying with her
VO: what your concentration?
Me: Mathematical Physics & Quantum Computation

VO: Have you traveled before?
Me: Yes sir. In the year 2014 with my wife for a vacation.
VO: Where sir?
ME: U.A.E
VO: He took my passport out of his counter to the inner room for a while and came back (I think he took it in for verification).
VO: You have a master’s degree in physics, right?
Me: yes sir.

VO: what do you do sir?
Me: I work as a Computer/System analyst at ABC Health Agency where I manage the Computer System and Internet infrastructure, Train staff on Computer & Networking skills, Facilitate training etc
VO: what do you intend to do with this degree when you finish?
Me: Upon completion, I would return to my job at the agency and assume a new position of research fellow where I will build capacity, develop new products and work closely with the development & innovation arm of the agency to produce new products. I will also collaborate and publish papers in reputable journal outlets.

VO: type for some time and hand me a blue paper.

Thank You

Your program of study, what you currently do and what you intend to do after your education do not match. Why would you waste time on an engineering physics PhD just to come back and continue working at essentially a cyber cafe?

5 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by TWoods(m): 3:53pm On Jun 21, 2021
Pace6:
I applied and got admitted in a university in the US and my interview date was scheduled for today but unfortunately I was denied. The school I applied is $12k tuition and $8k estimated living expenses with other fees a total of $23,512

Me: I’ve had a National Diploma and a Higher National Diploma from xyz school in Nigeria

An ND and HND does not take 15 years.

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by TWoods(m): 3:59pm On Jun 21, 2021
Ogbanz:

Since, I aspire to be a Professor... Can I change my goal now,that I would like to take up a lecturing position at my Alma-mater upon completion. I know for any denial, the VO would put a comment to justify his/her action. Will modifying my career goal have any effect on my next interview?

Thanks once again @fairheart @justwise @lagosismyhome @imprexious @gboyegad @twood @texrem

You can but as you rightly noted, your earlier career goal is now in their database so it might be difficult. But you never know unless you try again.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by mayDtolu(m): 4:00pm On Jun 21, 2021
Prexy1999:

grin grin So, you do not later tell me your school bro as you are scared for 48 hours grin. Anyway I know you can’t tell me as you are not in USA and you are not bold enough to show us your profile as you don become lagbaja. I have forgiven you brother. Take care and stay safe grin

Brooo. Attend to more important questions here. leave Fairheart alone pls and let him continue doing his good work cos I noticed you barely come here to guide us unless you see chance to bant.

15 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by jojoey: 4:07pm On Jun 21, 2021
jojoey:
Hello guys, please when I’m trying to request an emergency appointment, and I want to upload my I-20, does it have to be signed by me? Or can I upload it the way it was sent?

Please those of us that have requested for emergency appointment, kindly assist. Thanks.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by mikael11(m): 4:10pm On Jun 21, 2021
It's less than 60days about 57days to my resumption date.. will the emergency appointment option still available to me

MistaJoey:
which news? Bro, just keep searching for dates, pick any available one and request from emergency appointment if you fall within 60days to resumption.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by LeviAckerman: 4:12pm On Jun 21, 2021
Pace6:

I’m going for a bachelor’s degree program.

Please pardon me I’m not so familiar with the abbreviations.

What’s IMO?
In my opinion
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Pace6: 4:15pm On Jun 21, 2021
LeviAckerman:

In my opinion

Okay thank you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Duisburg: 4:25pm On Jun 21, 2021
Guys, my school rejected the bank statement issued by my sponsor. They said they needed the amount to be currently inside the account.

I need help, bruvs. The school demanded that I send the statement before July 1st.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Vietnaminfo(m): 4:27pm On Jun 21, 2021
Please, my cousin wants to book an appointment but the only available date is 24th January 2024 and his school resumption is on September 3rd. Please, how can he reschedule his appointment to better date.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Jesunikanloba: 4:27pm On Jun 21, 2021
From my own experience, it was not signed by me. I uploaded it as it was sent from the school. Please ensure to upload your visa fee receipt as well together with the docs required. Also make sure you politely explain why you need an emergency appointment. I got an approval within 2hours when I requested last month.

jojoey:

Please those of us that have requested for emergency appointment, kindly assist. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by NoFap123: 4:33pm On Jun 21, 2021
Girlbestfriend:

Congratulations!!!!

Me would have issued you the visa after your "Why business analytics" answer. Like I was blown. Congratulations again.

Actually, it's not me oh. Someone on a group I belong to shared it and I decided to share it here

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by NoFap123: 4:34pm On Jun 21, 2021
Prodigee:
Guy your sharpness here helped you o!

Actually, it's not me oh. Someone on a group I belong to shared it and I decided to share it here

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Jesunikanloba: 4:34pm On Jun 21, 2021
You can apply for it when you are within 60days to your resumption. So, go ahead to request for emergency appointment. All the best

mikael11:
It's less than 60days about 57days to my resumption date.. will the emergency appointment option still available to me

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Stevenssen(m): 4:36pm On Jun 21, 2021
Duisburg:

Guys, my school rejected the bank statement issued by my sponsor. They said they needed the amount to be currently inside the account.

I need help, bruvs. The school demanded that I send the statement before July 1st.
Well, let him put the right amount needed and request a new bank statement for you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Stevenssen(m): 4:37pm On Jun 21, 2021
jojoey:
you should sign it
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by bunmibanlyz(f): 4:40pm On Jun 21, 2021
Hello guys....can anyone help with this. Thanks

bunmibanlyz:
Hello .... my sister recently got her F1 visa but she hasn't travelled yet and I am also going for my interview next month. We have the same sponsor (our dad). If I'm asked if I have any one in the US, my plan is to say NO. I hope this wouldn't be an issue. Or do I have to clarify that my sister recently got a visa also?

Thanks.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Stevenssen(m): 4:45pm On Jun 21, 2021
Pace6:

The total deficit is high. And having a large deficit with a non parent sponsor usually decreases approval chances.

(1) (2) (3) ... (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.