Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,863 members, 7,810,291 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:54 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1639101 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Stevenssen(m): 8:57pm On Feb 09, 2021
Malone122:
good morning sir please how do you see Southeast state Missouri university and Missouri State University?
both are okay. hope you applied to schools in other states too
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Dmillzz: 8:58pm On Feb 09, 2021
I guess so too. I'd be traveling in two weeks time as well
Damian457:
Guys...I’m traveling to USA in 2 week time. I learnt from my Travel agent that all travelers are required to do a Rapid covid 19 test which will cost another 37k at the airport in addition to the one take at the laboratory . Regardless the airline
How true is this? Help please help
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 9:01pm On Feb 09, 2021
Stevenssen:

both are okay.
hope you applied to schools in other states too
yessir I did thank you sir
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Dmillzz: 9:08pm On Feb 09, 2021
Since it is not a large sum, I'd advise you to, 1. Buy dollars, maybe with 5k, 2 Get a prepaid card from Uba and fund it. ( I Just did mine last week)
or try other options
homodele:
Hello house, has anyone here experience this?
I tried paying my application fee of $95 with my GT BANK Naira Debit Mastercard which has funds in it of over 50k. But the platform responded that the payment was declined. I've been to Gt bank to complain they said unless I open a dollar account, that any transaction over $100 on my Naira Debit Mastercard won't go through except its less than $100.
Please is there any other method I can make use just to pay this application fee as it is quite urgent. Thank you very much for your help.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Dmillzz: 9:12pm On Feb 09, 2021
I just found out about this Thread, but I need help.
1. I'm a medical student in Belarus, but I have opportunities to visit America on holidays.
Now the issue is : I'm traveling back by this month end, but I can't process my PTA, Please if anyone who would be traveling soon wants to process PTA, kindly let me know, so I can add my funds to yours and split it when we have the Dollars.
Thanks.

I'm new here ��
Malone122:
yessir I did thank you sir
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Tevext: 10:15pm On Feb 09, 2021
house please I need info on how to get universities who offers full funding for graduates educational programs
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Uriel12: 11:33pm On Feb 09, 2021
Good evening house.

I'm having a hard time finding schools that accept WAEC, and uses It for admission.

Are there any UG applicants in the house? embarassed embarassed
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Chonco: 12:19am On Feb 10, 2021
Uriel12:
Good evening house.

I'm having a hard time finding schools that accept WAEC, and uses It for admission.

Search well and you shall find

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Profitboss(m): 4:18am On Feb 10, 2021
Hello bro,

Pls how do one know the red flagged schools? You mean the fact that nos of foreign students admmited are minimal? What if that is the school that matches my plans and interest? Pls explain how this works bro. Thanks
horlahsunbo225:

Boss this school look like one of those red flag schools
Only 500 students for both UG and PG.....the best advice is to try and change the school.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Spanishmilf(m): 5:50am On Feb 10, 2021
Uriel12:
Good evening house.

Kean university
But u need an original waec certificate
They request for it

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by drjustice17: 6:44am On Feb 10, 2021
Stevenssen:

cgifederal dot secure dot force dot com

Thanks, I later navigate my way to it. I Google it
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Alwaysbecool: 6:50am On Feb 10, 2021
Morning house,
Please I just want to ask if anyone knows if Texas state university San marcos is a good school and not a red flagged school? Does anyone have any idea? Thanks in anticipation.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by psychologyshuby: 7:00am On Feb 10, 2021
Try bowling green state university.
Uriel12:
Good evening house.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by LagosismyHome(f): 7:04am On Feb 10, 2021
Alwaysbecool:
Morning house,
Please I just want to ask if anyone knows if Texas state university San marcos is a good school and not a red flagged school? Does anyone have any idea? Thanks in anticipation.

According to Wikipedia this school has
38,231 students ..... Texas State University is a public research university in San Marcos, Texas. Established in 1899

there is no way a school with this number of students and established for years can be a red flag

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by horlahsunbo225(m): 8:20am On Feb 10, 2021
Profitboss:
Hello bro,

Pls how do one know the red flagged schools? You mean the fact that nos of foreign students admmited are minimal? What if that is the school that matches my plans and interest? Pls explain how this works bro. Thanks
Well I dont know how best to explain it but schools without a good reputation (if you can't find their profiles on usnews.com), less student (less than 2k) and other stuff like that are redflag schools
And also for-profit private schools are not good

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Petrified235555: 9:16am On Feb 10, 2021
Please with an undergrad cgpa of 4.0 can I get a fully funded PhD program? Bsc to PhD?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by smartapps(m): 10:29am On Feb 10, 2021
Good morning House!

Please I need a bit of quick advice. My current passport will expire June next year, and I need to schedule an interview at the embassy asap for Fall 2021 resumption. Will my current passport validity suffice or should I go ahead and apply for renewal before I start my visa application process.

Thanks in advance.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Omakxxx(m): 10:41am On Feb 10, 2021
Petrified235555:
Please with an undergrad cgpa of 4.0 can I get a fully funded PhD program? Bsc to PhD?

Yes you can
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by benjamina96: 10:45am On Feb 10, 2021
smartapps:
Good morning House!

Please I need a bit of quick advice. My current passport will expire June next year, and I need to schedule an interview at the embassy asap for Fall 2021 resumption. Will my current passport validity suffice or should I go ahead and apply for renewal before I start my visa application process.

Thanks in advance.
Renew.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by bayocanny: 11:33am On Feb 10, 2021
dexpendable:
Good morning wonderful people.

I'm applying for communication studies at California State University for fall 2021.

GRE and Toefl are exempted as the school advisor said.

I'll just like to know if I'm not missing anything. I'm about to get my transcript from school and upload the unofficial while the school sends the original directly.

This is the stage I am now. I'm inexperienced with this so any advice would suffice.

thanks

Check your DM
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by bayocanny: 11:50am On Feb 10, 2021
dexpendable:
Good morning wonderful people.

I'm applying for communication studies at California State University for fall 2021.

GRE and Toefl are exempted as the school advisor said.

I'll just like to know if I'm not missing anything. I'm about to get my transcript from school and upload the unofficial while the school sends the original directly.

This is the stage I am now. I'm inexperienced with this so any advice would suffice.

thanks
check your dm
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Lightning360: 12:12pm On Feb 10, 2021

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by bayocanny: 12:39pm On Feb 10, 2021
Petrified235555:
Check university of Louisiana, Lafayette.

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by smartapps(m): 12:49pm On Feb 10, 2021
benjamina96:

Renew.

Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Chonco: 1:44pm On Feb 10, 2021
smartapps:
Good morning House!

Thanks in advance.

If it's next year 2022, you have no problem. You can't even renew now if you decide to because the validity period is still more than 6 months. Your passport is still very valid, so go ahead and make use of it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by smartapps(m): 2:02pm On Feb 10, 2021
Chonco:

If it's next year 2022, you have no problem. You can't even renew now if you decide to because the validity period is still more than 6 months. Your passport is still very valid, so go ahead and make use of it.

Thanks alot for this
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Uriel12: 3:03pm On Feb 10, 2021
Lightning360:

HBCU will be much more to your advantage, there's already an established community of black students there.

HBCU is your best bet esp for undergrads.

Now what's HBCU, it's Historical Black colleges and university, a seemly group of colleges and university in US with rafts of black students studying there.

Thank you very much.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by kastgeraldino: 8:00pm On Feb 10, 2021
This is accurate. You can renew the passport when there; the visa will still be valid even on an expired passport.

Chonco:

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Yagami(m): 8:42pm On Feb 10, 2021
Hi bosses good evening, am new here..just finished my msc in chemistry though still trying to get my paper published; and i want to further for my phd preferably in US. UG CGPA 3.49, msc 4.56.
1.Any suggestions on schools i can apply to both for funding and tuition waver?
2.i have concluded i will write GRE to improve my chance of admission..but i need help in the payment and registration for the exam...
And whats the modality of the exam now in Nigeria?
And wen soonest can i write the exam?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Blessings001: 8:47pm On Feb 10, 2021
Petrified235555:

Yes, u can. Search for schools with full funding in ur discipline/ course of study
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Tulacious123: 9:45pm On Feb 10, 2021
Petrified235555:

Yes.What’s your course choice?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by NigPatriot(m): 9:54pm On Feb 10, 2021
LagosismyHome:

According to Wikipedia this school has
38,231 students ..... Texas State University is a public research university in San Marcos, Texas. Established in 1899

there is no way a school with this number of students and established for years can be a red flag

Good response.

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.