Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,354 members, 7,829,888 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:13 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (388) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1655830 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (385) (386) (387) (388) (389) (390) (391) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Predstan: 6:17pm On Jul 27, 2021
jojoey:

What can we do about this? We should call the attention of the American government or something, they can’t be treating us like this. We have worked so hard and paid a lot of money. It’s so unfair.

Non-immigrant visa including student visa is not anyone’s right but a previledge. There is nothing you can do than to be patient and follow guidelines

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by tunapawizzy: 6:20pm On Jul 27, 2021
Controlla123:
When I was directed to her window(7) by security

I NEED EXPERT OPINION ON WHAT PROBABLY WENT WRONG

Venue (Lagos)
VO: Pass me your I20 and Passport

She took the visa and the i20 and after verifying the passport, she started typing and stuff for like 1min.

Then she asked why I was going to the US
Me: I am going to the US to purse my masters in xyz at Mtsu
She nodded and went on typing and checking her system again
It’s took her another minute to ask Why I chose the course
Me: I chose the masters of Hci because I’ve always been a tech savvy person and my strength and motivation lies in the field of commuting and data analytics. While working as an intern in a neuropsychiatric hospital I discovered a gap when it comes to the use of modern day devices and technology to gather, analyze and utilize store information to proper solution for the patient.I also want to build apps, software and provide business solutions that will revolutionize the Healthcare industry in Nigeria. I intend to return back to the country to lecture at the university of Ibadan as an HealthCare Data Analyst while working as a consultant in the medical industry in Nigeria.
Then after like 1min after I answered the question.
She went on typing.. that was it.
She gave a me a blue paper
Ur response to why u chose the course is all over the place, endeavour to let your first 2 sentences answer the question as directly as possible. e.g. I chose this course because it will prepare me for xxxxxx, i chose xxxx course because it will qualify me to xxxxxxxxx when i return to Nigeria after my studies. Somethjng of dat nature. Answer what they ask you first, and be direct about it. It makes it easier for VO to get ur point. U can then continue with supporting stories.
Also the response you gave sounds like you want to talk about everything at the same time, both the one u were asked and the ones not yet asked. it looks to me u were deviating from the question u were asked. WHY THIS COURSE? But somehow u saile to the point of telling the VO that u intend to return to nigeria and work as a consultant in the medical industry, which can even be misinterpreted.
Just organize your response better at your next appointment

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by owagbeba: 6:39pm On Jul 27, 2021
Tyleet:

Lol, bro but 59K isn't going to sit there permanently and nothing else forever. I believe we submit a bank statement to show evidence of movement of cash flow. I mentioned my uncle is into real estate. So, isn't he going to make more money next year and the coming years? It's not like his business has crashed and nothing will ever come in again nah.

The V.O. has 2minutes to reason your matter. She’s not think it through as you have stated.

Think am, my bro

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by owagbeba: 6:46pm On Jul 27, 2021
Controlla123:

Venue (Lagos)

She took the visa and the i20 and after verifying the passport, she started typing and stuff for like 1min.

Me: I chose the masters of Hci because I’ve always been a tech savvy person and my strength and motivation lies in the field of commuting and data analytics. While working as an intern in a neuropsychiatric hospital I discovered a gap when it comes to the use of modern day devices and technology to gather, analyze and utilize store information to proper solution for the patient.I also want to build apps, software and provide business solutions that will revolutionize the Healthcare industry in Nigeria. I intend to return back to the country to lecture at the university of Ibadan as an HealthCare Data Analyst while working as a consultant in the medical industry in Nigeria.

Wow, it’s like she has made up her mind not to issue a visa before asking you routine questions Could it be your past history with the embassy, have you applied for a tourist visa before this student visa?

Within you, What do you think may be the reason for this rejection?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by jojoey: 6:47pm On Jul 27, 2021
Predstan:

Non-immigrant visa including student visa is not anyone’s right but a previledge. There is nothing you can do than to be patient and follow guidelines

That is not the argument, we have followed the guidelines. They are not keeping to their end of the agreement. We paid fees, it is not free. The least they could do is to act considerately to people that have followed the so called guidelines.

10 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by AjokeAdu: 6:50pm On Jul 27, 2021
Please can I reschedule appointment in CGI after requesting for Emergency Appointment?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Temitopebisi: 6:51pm On Jul 27, 2021
Is there anyone who still has interview tomorrow in Abuja? Like your appointment wasn't cancelled
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by jojoey: 6:53pm On Jul 27, 2021
Predstan:

That is not the argument, we have followed the guidelines. They are not keeping to their end of the agreement. We paid fees, it is not free. The least they could do is to be considerate to people that have followed the so called guidelines.

8 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Bamdaniels: 7:04pm On Jul 27, 2021
Please I need assistance and I will appreciate anyone who can help,I did all necessary things from paying SEVIS paying to paying visa fee and getting all necessary documents,I tried to apply visa on the CGI website after registering and I put my passport information,SEVIS number school and school zipcode,the system keeps telling me my information match the one on record and I can’t recognize the email address of the account…..I don’t know what I can do as I’m unable to book my interview appointment and I’m really worried.I will appreciate any suggestion of what might be wrong or any contact I can call

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Janet200: 7:14pm On Jul 27, 2021
Bamdaniels:
Please I need assistance and I will appreciate anyone who can help,I did all necessary things from paying SEVIS paying to paying visa fee and getting all necessary documents,I tried to apply visa on the CGI website after registering and I put my passport information,SEVIS number school and school zipcode,the system keeps telling me my information match the one on record and I can’t recognize the email address of the account…..I don’t know what I can do as I’m unable to book my interview appointment and I’m really worried.I will appreciate any suggestion of what might be wrong or any contact I can call

You have an account already showing your details on their system, you can’t use two accounts at the same time.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Bamdaniels: 7:29pm On Jul 27, 2021
I can’t remember setting up an account with them,if at all,I can’t recognize that email and I can’t access it,is there any way I can reset or what can I do in this context,or is there a number I can call?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Predstan: 8:14pm On Jul 27, 2021
jojoey:

That is not the argument, we have followed the guidelines. They are not keeping to their end of the agreement. We paid fees, it is not free. The least they could do is to be considerate to people that have followed the so called guidelines.

Lol. What agreement do you have with the US and the Embassy?? Again, it is a privilege not a right; that’s why you can’t petition the decision or whatever they do to your application. All you have to do is to be patient and wait until a date creeps in for you. If it doesn’t work for you this Fall, defer your admission to next Spring. Your aggression and rant can only complicate issues for you.

Maybe you didn’t read on their website that paying the MRV does not automatically guarantee an interview or a Visa.

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by abijike5: 8:23pm On Jul 27, 2021
Predstan:

Lol. What agreement do you have with the US and the Embassy?? Again, it is a privilege not a right; that’s why you can’t petition the decision or whatever they do to your application. All you have to do is to be patient and wait until a date creeps in for you. If it doesn’t work for you this Fall, defer your admission to next Spring. Your aggression and rant can only complicate issues for you.

The writer wasn’t ranting and I feel your way of approaching this issue is totally bad, fine it’s a privilege, but there are better ways to prove your point instead of being mean.

Do you know what it means to have a cancelled appointment, with how long one has to wait to get an expedited date. Now there’s a cancellation. It drains emotionally honestly.

9 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by abijike5: 8:25pm On Jul 27, 2021
[quote author=abijike5 post=104160195]

The writer wasn’t ranting and I feel your way of approaching this issue is totally bad, fine it’s a privilege, but there are better ways to prove your point instead of being mean.

Do you know what it means to have a cancelled appointment, with how long one has to wait to get an expedited date. Now there’s a cancellation. It drains emotionally honestly.

Let’s be nice to ourselves please.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Predstan: 8:32pm On Jul 27, 2021
abijike5:

I wasn’t intentionally mean to the writer and I’m sorry if it feels like that. I’m only trying to make him/her realize the importance of waiting patiently. You shouldn’t be too desperate about the US Visa and there is nothing anyone can do about their decisions.

Wait patiently because sometimes it’s a blessing for you in disguise.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Thoby1(m): 8:42pm On Jul 27, 2021
Kindly create a new email address and call the help desk, don't create another CGI profile..

@Bamdaniel
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by abijike5: 8:45pm On Jul 27, 2021
Predstan:

I wasn’t intentionally mean to the writer and I’m sorry if it feels like that. I’m only trying to make him/her realize the importance of waiting patiently. You shouldn’t be too desperate about the US Visa and there is nothing anyone can do about their decisions.

Thank you ��it shall be a blessing Indeed and we will all rejoice at the end.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Bamdaniels: 8:58pm On Jul 27, 2021
Please I will appreciate it if you can help me with the help desk line to call
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by iWasNotHere(m): 9:00pm On Jul 27, 2021
Osheeey o Mr Blessing in Disguise. Some waited a whole month to get an expedited date (if that wasn't patience then what is it ?) then was later rescheduled, now canceled. It drains emotionally like crazy, many took permission at work to travel down then this. If you can’t comfort people with your words please shush.

Predstan:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by mayskom: 9:01pm On Jul 27, 2021
Good day. please who has an idea about the next available date for F-1 visa interview
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Occc: 9:01pm On Jul 27, 2021
Hi, is there anyone going to university of Cincinnati? Reach out to me, we could connect and become travel buddy and help each other look for residence
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by AjokeAdu: 9:09pm On Jul 27, 2021
Please urgent response will be appreciated.
Can I reschedule appointment in CGI after requesting for Emergency Appointment?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Controlla123: 9:37pm On Jul 27, 2021
owagbeba:

Wow, it’s like she has made up her mind not to issue a visa before asking you routine questions Could it be your past history with the embassy, have you applied for a tourist visa before this student visa?

Within you, What do you think may be the reason for this rejection?

That’s my first time of applying.
I honestly don’t know why tbh, that was why I sent it here. Because she was literally typing right from the first minute I gave her my passport. And the fact that she only asked 2 questions says a lot.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Pefuele(m): 9:40pm On Jul 27, 2021
Controlla123:

Venue (Lagos)

Is this your first interview at the embassy?Masters in what? What are you doing now? And why you chose the course is not well structured.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Predstan: 9:56pm On Jul 27, 2021
iWasNotHere:
Osheeey o Mr Blessing in Disguise. Some waited a whole month to get an expedited date (if that wasn't patience then what is it ?) then was later rescheduled, now canceled. It drains emotionally like crazy, many took permission at work to travel down then this. If you can’t comfort people with your words please shush.

Oya go and protest at the embassy or call the White House. You can even Call Buhari to plead on your behalf.

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Shuayb0(m): 11:05pm On Jul 27, 2021
Predstan:

Oya go and protest at the embassy or call the White House. You can even Call Buhari to plead on your behalf.
Hi, your comment on this issue is just so insensitive, it’s not by force to respond if you don’t know what to say. We all know it’s tough to get dates, which is due to the surge of applications the embassy is dealing with. People finally got dates, flew in from different part of Nigeria, then their appointments were canceled less than 24 hours to go, how do you expect them to feel and not come here to complain. This is a paid service. The problem wasn’t the cancellation, as the embassy reserves the right to do that, but timing and the manner with which it was done. Now those applicants are back in the pool with little hope of getting dates after all the hardwork and money spent. You sef reason am.

19 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Duisburg: 11:08pm On Jul 27, 2021
Guys, abeg which credential evaluation platform is free? Is WES?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Kittana: 12:06am On Jul 28, 2021
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by NigPatriot(m): 12:11am On Jul 28, 2021
Predstan:

I don't think you're being empathetic here. If you were in their shoes would you feel comfortable someone saying what you're saying.

The rant is necessary especially for people who have had to travel long distances only for their appointments to be cancelled without prior notice. I know you mean no harm but the least you can do for people is to give hope.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by LeviAckerman: 12:44am On Jul 28, 2021
Duisburg:
Guys, abeg which credential evaluation platform is free? Is WES?
Lol

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Shuayb0(m): 1:06am On Jul 28, 2021
NigPatriot:

I don't think you're being empathetic here. If you were in their shoes would you feel comfortable someone saying what you're saying.

The rant is necessary especially for people who have had to travel long distances only for their appointments to be cancelled without prior notice. I know you mean no harm but the least you can do for people is to give hope.
Exactlty, this whole process has been very frustrating for many. Imagine someone who already quit their job, took loans for an MBA and is supposed to be in US in a few days going through this. Maybe this is because we don’t really take mental health seriously in this part of the world (I mean someone had to quit olympics cos the pressure to win is too much).
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 1:19am On Jul 28, 2021
Shuayb0:
Hi, your comment on this issue is just so insensitive, it’s not by force to respond if you don’t know what to say. We all know it’s tough to get dates, which is due to the surge of applications the embassy is dealing with. People finally got dates, flew in from different part of Nigeria, then their appointments were canceled less than 24 hours to go, how do you expect them to feel and not come here to complain. This is a paid service. The problem wasn’t the cancellation, as the embassy reserves the right to do that, but timing and the manner with which it was done. Now those applicants are back in the pool with little hope of getting dates after all the hardwork and money spent. You sef reason am.
You need to be mad at Nigeria not this guy. Govt wey no fit secure economy secure visa exemption for her nationals or make folks no dey see reasons to run.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (385) (386) (387) (388) (389) (390) (391) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.