Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,596 members, 7,812,953 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:29 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (385) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1640879 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (382) (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) (388) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Tega1986: 8:32am On Jul 27, 2021
Good morning All,
Got the below as mail from the consulate, and have tried scheduling but the schedule feature is no more appearing as before. Please advice me on what to do as my school is resuming August 23rd. Thank you

Dear Applicant,

Your regular B appointment at the US Embassy Abuja has been cancelled.
The Embassy and Consulate General continue to prioritize travelers with urgent travel needs, although regular visa appointments are made available as the local conditions allow. In response to ongoing pandemic-related service disruptions, the Department of State announced the extension of Machine Readable Visa (MRV) fee validity until September 30, 2022 for individuals who paid an MRV fee, but were unable to schedule and/or attend an interview during the suspension of services. If you have an urgent matter and need to travel immediately, please follow the guidance provided at https://ustraveldocs.com/ng/ng-niv-expeditedappointment.asp to request an emergency appointment. Please visit https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/traveladvisories/ea/covid-19-information.html for information about the current status of visa services worldwide and visa restrictions related to the COVID-19 global pandemic: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/traveladvisories/ea/covid-19-information.html.

Please note this appointment was cancelled by the US Embassy and cannot be reversed by call center agents. Students and Emergency applicants are not affected by this cancellation.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Chyjoey(m): 8:57am On Jul 27, 2021
Tega1986:
Good morning All,
Got the below as mail from the consulate, and have tried scheduling but the schedule feature is no more appearing as before. Please advice me on what to do as my school is resuming August 23rd. Thank you

Dear Applicant,

The Embassy and Consulate General continue to prioritize travelers with urgent travel needs, although regular visa appointments are made available as the local conditions allow. In response to ongoing pandemic-related service disruptions, the Department of State announced the extension of Machine Readable Visa (MRV) fee validity until September 30, 2022 for individuals who paid an MRV fee, but were unable to schedule and/or attend an interview during the suspension of services. If you have an urgent matter and need to travel immediately, please follow the guidance provided at https://ustraveldocs.com/ng/ng-niv-expeditedappointment.asp to request an emergency appointment. Please visit https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/traveladvisories/ea/covid-19-information.html for information about the current status of visa services worldwide and visa restrictions related to the COVID-19 global pandemic: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/traveladvisories/ea/covid-19-information.html.

Please note this appointment was cancelled by the US Embassy and cannot be reversed by call center agents. Students and Emergency applicants are not affected by this cancellation.

Just check your CGI. If your appointment is still scheduled which it most likely is, then ignore this.
This Email may be fraudulent.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Mojisola95: 9:11am On Jul 27, 2021
Tega1986:
Good morning All,

Since you are not a B applicant ignore if you check the last note on the mail "student and emergency applicant are not affected"

Dear Applicant,

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by kaey10(m): 9:13am On Jul 27, 2021
chigozieduru:

Congrats on your admission and grad assistantship.

1. First, you need to pay for your SEVIS fee as soon as possible. Check the thread on how to do that since this payment can't be done in Nigeria. You can also ask someone in the US to make the payment for you.

2. You have to fill out the DS-160 form and make visa fee payment at GT bank. Book appointment for visa and take the earliest date available. Also keep checking the website daily you might find an early date. You can request for expedited interview stating your urgency.

3. No one can predict the chances of traveling before August 23 but you might want to give it a shot. Look through the thread and you can see loads of students still waiting to hear back on the status of their expedited interview request. Who knows? Yours might just be different.

4. Best bet is to inform the school and request for extension in resumption date and if granted you can use that as proof during your interview. If no earlier date the defer the admission to Spring 2022. Make sure to confirm that your assistantship won't be affected by deferring to next semester. Whatever you do, ensure your school is aware of the situation you are facing by communicating with them.

Good luck!
Thanks so much...
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by psychologyshuby: 9:14am On Jul 27, 2021
What stupid trusted source? My friend still got his emergency request approved yesterday. Stop spreading stupid and dumb information please!!!! You were the same person that came here few months ago to tell people with zero funding not to bother going for their interview that they would be denied yet you came back here to tell us about your visa denial with a deficit of $60k... even you didn’t follow your advice... please stop coming here to spread stupid rumors .
MelaninGemstone:
Just got information from a trusted source at the embassy

Sadly, No more visa interview dates this 2021

Earliest date is January 2022

Those of you going for Fall 2021Defer your admissions now, before it’s too late!!

Spring 2022 is your surest bet now

9 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Chiezzh: 9:41am On Jul 27, 2021
Can it be used to book COVID appointment before one leaves Nigeria ?
nelem:

It is dedicated to handle the whole covid tracing for those entering/leaving the country (Nigeria). it is a legit site
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Pauliben: 9:49am On Jul 27, 2021
Hello everyone,

I applied for emergency visa appointment on 13th July but I have not gotten any response about the approval or denial of the request . The reply from the email I send to support-nigeria@ustraveldocs.com is same as what several people have received here. I considered calling this line (234)-9-461-4000 but it was not going through. I am supposed to resume a GA position and doctoral degree on 23rd August. Can anyone advice me on what to do or I should just keep waiting for their response?

Regards.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by LeviAckerman: 10:14am On Jul 27, 2021
MelaninGemstone:
Just got information from a trusted source at the embassy

Sadly, No more visa interview dates this 2021

Earliest date is January 2022

Those of you going for Fall 2021Defer your admissions now, before it’s too late!!

Spring 2022 is your surest bet now

God Stfu!!!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Dayoaf: 10:14am On Jul 27, 2021
[quote author=psychologyshuby post=104139914]What stupid trusted source? My friend still got his emergency request approved yesterday. Stop spreading stupid and dumb information please!!!! You were the same person that came here few months ago to tell people with zero funding not to bother going for their interview that they would be denied yet you came back here to tell us about your visa denial with a deficit of $60k... even you didn’t follow your advice... please stop coming here to spread stupid rumors .

Hi, please what date was he given?
And was it Lagos or Abuja?
I just need the tiniest bit of hope cos I’m tired �
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Dayoaf: 10:15am On Jul 27, 2021
[quote author=Pauliben post=104141053]Hello everyone,

I applied for emergency visa appointment on 13th July but I have not gotten any response about the approval or denial of the request . The reply from the email I send to support-nigeria@ustraveldocs.com is same as what several people have received here. I considered calling this line (234)-9-461-4000 but it was not going through. I am supposed to resume a GA position and doctoral degree on 23rd August. Can anyone advice me on what to do or I should just keep waiting for their response?

Regards.
Lagos or Abuja
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by owagbeba: 10:28am On Jul 27, 2021
1000Chub:
I'm grateful to God and this forum
Visa interview was a success
Profile;
Abuja
Deficit 25k$
Masters
Texas Tech
Fall 2021

After biometrics, greeting and passing my i20 and passport through the opening.

V.O: I see you're going to the Texas Tech University for your master's degree in mechanical Engineering.
Me: Yes.

V.O: Who is paying for your masters?
Me: My Sister, She is a primary care doctor at xxxx

V:O: what will your thesis be on?
Me: Sorry i didnt get you ( her pronouciations wasnt clear kinda inaudible)

She lifts a paper where she wrote "thesis" on.

Me: I will be focusing on Controls and dynamics systems with relations to renewable energy.

V:O: what do you currently do?
Me: I work at xxxx

V.O: Since you work at xxxx, why do you want to leave.
Me: I am currently employed under a contract capacity ( she types Makes eye contacts and nods. I give a smile as well) so it is important that i leave to achieve a higher level of education to advance in my career and qualify for better positions.

V.O: what will you do after your degree
Me: I'll return to Nigeria to seek reabsorption in my present company or I'll take up a lecturing job in my alma mata where i finished with a first class degree.

V.O: (stretches to get the white paper) your visa is approved
Me: Smiles and collects the paper

V.O: (Proceeds with the Covid and travel talks)
Me. Heart was filled with joy couldn't hear anyother thing she was saying.

It appears the V.O. was impressed enough with your current employer. The company is a big name and prominent, I guess. Judging from the transcript, she made the decision after you mention the name of your current employer

5 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by tbred: 10:38am On Jul 27, 2021
kaey10:
Morning guys....i want to know what my chances are

Applied for graduate degree program(msc) in Georgia State University in March/April. GRE waived n all that, I got worried that no admission decision was made even till the end of may cos time was running out i mailed them twice to know why n finally Admission decision was made in June, precisely 10 of june n i was admitted for the fall of 2021 only. Submitted the requested document to complete the admission process. Wrote to them about funding of which they sent a form to fill if I'm interested in Graduate teaching assistant, was given n got a tuition waiver plus a stipend of about $51k. I was sent my i-20 last Friday. Resumption is 23 August of with an online orientation on the 13.
I have not paid for SEVIS cos i don't knw how to go about it and no appointment for visa yet (jst want to fill my DS-160 form).

Pls guys what are my chances of traveling before 23? Should i defer till spring 2022( if possible)?
Can i write to the school to inform them of My challenges n request for an extension in my resumption date?

Congratulations on your admission decision and assistantship
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Tomibob: 10:43am On Jul 27, 2021
Pauliben:
Hello everyone,

Regards.
I placed a call through to the Abuja embassy yesterday and I was given a special number to call, since my complaint was about an emergency request for a NIV.

The guy at the other end crosschecked my profile and said my ER was still under review. I even told him about the urgency of my request, noting that I've to be present soon for GA duties and on the job training and can't defer any longer after deferring from Fall 2020. He said there's nothing that can be done and that I'll receive an email once it's approved or denied. Persuaded him with everything possible, yet he stood his ground.

The only thing left is just to keep waiting. There was no approval throughout last week due to the holidays(if I'm not wrong). They've probably started attending to emergency requests since yesterday. I saw November 2021 dates later yesternight.

Cheers
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Pauliben: 11:20am On Jul 27, 2021
[quote author=Dayoaf post=104141964][/quote]

Abuja
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by TOPMAN5252: 11:23am On Jul 27, 2021
Please is it Emergency appointment?, Lagos or Abuja?
Vahn:
stop spreading rumours! I know someone who got August 26 today. Stop it people
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Pauliben: 11:23am On Jul 27, 2021
Tomibob:
I placed a call through to the Abuja embassy yesterday and I was given a special number to call, since my complaint was about an emergency request for a NIV.

The guy at the other end crosschecked my profile and said my ER was still under review. I even told him about the urgency of my request, noting that I've to be present soon for GA duties and on the job training and can't defer any longer after deferring from Fall 2020. He said there's nothing that can be done and that I'll receive an email once it's approved or denied. Persuaded him with everything possible, yet he stood his ground.

The only thing left is just to keep waiting. There was no approval throughout last week due to the holidays(if I'm not wrong). They've probably started attending to emergency requests since yesterday. I saw November 2021 dates later yesternight.

Cheers

Thank you. We will definitely have to wait. I hope we will be attended to soon.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Tyleet: 11:35am On Jul 27, 2021
owagbeba:

Bro, read your transcript and reflect over it. You’d see that only luck and grace would make V.O. grant in this condition.

Poultry farmer going for a $40,000- masters and PhD (that’s more than 3years), sponsored by an uncle with a savings of just $59,000. How can this fly? Reason am!

Lol, bro but 59K isn't going to sit there permanently and nothing else forever. I believe we submit a bank statement to show evidence of movement of cash flow. I mentioned my uncle is into real estate. So, isn't he going to make more money next year and the coming years? It's not like his business has crashed and nothing will ever come in again nah.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Shanid(m): 11:45am On Jul 27, 2021
Tyleet:

Lol, bro but 59K isn't going to sit there permanently and

nothing else forever[b]. I believe we submit a bank statement to show evidence of movement of cash flow. [/b]I mentioned my uncle is into real estate. So, isn't he going to make more money next year and the coming years? It's not like his business has crashed and nothing will ever come in again nah.
MY UNCLE SAID SAMETHING...COZ I TOLD HIM THE ACSHOULD COVER ALL MY EXPENSES....HE SAID THE CASH FLOW IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING..IS IT TRUE ?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Tupsky: 12:06pm On Jul 27, 2021
Please share the number you called here
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Musiclives: 12:08pm On Jul 27, 2021
Bumping this up. Please share any info you have on this.

Musiclives:
Hello everyone,

I just cancelled my appointment for Lagos and chose Abuja after waiting for 3 weeks.

The option to make another MRV payment did not come up…Is the old MRV still valid even after canceling Lagos?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Tupsky: 12:10pm On Jul 27, 2021
Tomibob:

Cheers

Please what number did you call; kindly share here
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by misskano: 12:23pm On Jul 27, 2021
How many times can one apply for an emergency appointment? My first was denied, although no reason was stated. But I see on the portal that I can request again.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Chyjoey(m): 12:37pm On Jul 27, 2021
misskano:
How many times can one apply for an emergency appointment? My first was denied, although no reason was stated. But I see on the portal that I can request again.
If you can request again, then go ahead and do.

Maybe add documents you didn't add the last time, and make your message request more compelling.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Toriah789: 12:44pm On Jul 27, 2021
Please is there a max. amount of times you can fill DS160 form? for a particular visa
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by misskano: 12:57pm On Jul 27, 2021
Chyjoey:

If you can request again, then go ahead and do.

Maybe add documents you didn't add the last time, and make your message request more compelling.

Thanks. But I want to know how many times I can request. My SEVIS fee has been pending for over a week. I see it is required for one to put in an emergency appointment. So I don't want to waste my chances
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by kaey10(m): 1:00pm On Jul 27, 2021
chigozieduru:

Congrats on your admission and grad assistantship.

1. First, you need to pay for your SEVIS fee as soon as possible. Check the thread on how to do that since this payment can't be done in Nigeria. You can also ask someone in the US to make the payment for you.

2. You have to fill out the DS-160 form and make visa fee payment at GT bank. Book appointment for visa and take the earliest date available. Also keep checking the website daily you might find an early date. You can request for expedited interview stating your urgency.

3. No one can predict the chances of traveling before August 23 but you might want to give it a shot. Look through the thread and you can see loads of students still waiting to hear back on the status of their expedited interview request. Who knows? Yours might just be different.

4. Best bet is to inform the school and request for extension in resumption date and if granted you can use that as proof during your interview. If no earlier date the defer the admission to Spring 2022. Make sure to confirm that your assistantship won't be affected by deferring to next semester. Whatever you do, ensure your school is aware of the situation you are facing by communicating with them.

Good luck!
Pls can u help me with the thread for the sevis payment? Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Boyofgrace(m): 1:01pm On Jul 27, 2021
Duisburg:
Anyone here going for MS in Physics in the spring 2022?
Kindly connect. We might start studying together too.

Yes!! MSc Physics spring 2022. What’s your email so we connect
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Boyofgrace(m): 1:03pm On Jul 27, 2021
Duisburg:
Anyone here going for MS in Physics in the spring 2022?
Kindly connect. We might start studying together too.
Yes I m. MSc Phyisics spring 2022. What’s your email so we connect .
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Toriah789: 1:04pm On Jul 27, 2021
Toriah789:
Please is there a max. amount of times you can fill DS160 form? for a particular visa

anyone?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Boyofgrace(m): 1:27pm On Jul 27, 2021
Toriah789:

anyone?
No. but make sure your information is consistent with each application you submit. Because america keeps record
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by chibertha(f): 1:33pm On Jul 27, 2021
It is safer to get your visa first before you book a flight.
Approvalll:
I want to book a flight for the 21st of august is this advisable as my DSO said I would not need a letter for that

(1) (2) (3) ... (382) (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) (388) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

Viewing this topic: Jedooooo(m), NadiaLizzy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.