Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,142 members, 7,815,001 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:22 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (413) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1642390 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (410) (411) (412) (413) (414) (415) (416) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by chuksmanred: 5:51pm On Aug 04, 2021
Duisburg:

Baba, Turkish airline na 450k+
Avoid turkey, britain and other european countries. I no go deaf when the VO was telling me that. Ya turkish airlines are cheaper but they are on US red list.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Occc: 5:57pm On Aug 04, 2021
adeleye45:
Hi everyone, please is it possible to get one's passport back the next day after visa approval in Abuja? I mean like interviewing on Thursday and getting it the passport on Friday.
I'm asking coz I will be having my interview in Abuja though I stay in Lagos. I'm considering using Abuja as pickup location so I will just wait behind to collect the passport instead of leaving immediately and waiting for them to send it to Lagos. Please has anyone done this? Kindly share your experience. Thank you.
yes, very possible.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by itzgbengene: 6:05pm On Aug 04, 2021
Queenneomakanu:
Thank you all for your kind wishes!

TRANSCRIPT:

VISA APPROVED AT ABUJA EMABASSY FOR A FAMILY OF SIX (F1 RENEWAL, F2 APPLICATION)

I am a 3rd year PhD student so I came for renewal and F2 application for my husband and four kids.
VO: Ah....hello there (to the kids)
My Kids: Hellooooooo
VO: So who is the primary applicant?
Me: I am...my husband and kids will be joining me.
VO: OH wow! Good..Good (he was typing for a long time)...please hold on, we have six applications here! (He is smiling).
Me: No wahala Boss...�
VO: I see you are teaching two classes?
Me: Yes
VO: For how long now?
Me: Two years
VO: (nodding) Good...good...
Me: Yes....
VO: How are you funding your trip?
Me: I have an assistantship that covers my family. And also my daughter's godfather is supporting us financially too.
VO: OK...your application looks good.
Me: Thank you
VO: (only question to my husband) Sir, what do you do?
Husband: I am into xyz
VO: Good, good...okay I WILL BE APPROVING ALL YOUR VISAS...good luck.

He started with covid regulations, make sure you check the country before you book your tickets so you don't get stuck. I nodded and jumped up like three times and then packed our documents.

That was it! That was it!
Congrats. I was also at the embassy today..
Pls whats the status of your visa on ceac website, I was approved but I'm seeing administrative processing... Is this normal?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Erudite77: 6:11pm On Aug 04, 2021
Duisburg:

You have an option of seeing their letters. While filling the application form, you've got two options: waive the receipt of the letters or accept copies when received by the graduate office. Most applicants, including me, are chose waive. That way, the school would see you as you trusting your recommenders.

Thanks a lot for your attention, bro.

Would you mind linking up with you?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Erudite77: 6:13pm On Aug 04, 2021
Duisburg:

You have an option of seeing their letters. While filling the application form, you've got two options: waive the receipt of the letters or accept copies when received by the graduate office. Most applicants, including me, are chose waive. That way, the school would see you as you trusting your recommenders.

Do you think I should tell them to submit the letters same day I submit other documents?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Muleriders: 6:56pm On Aug 04, 2021
adeleye45:
Hi everyone, please is it possible to get one's passport back the next day after visa approval in Abuja? I mean like interviewing on Thursday and getting it the passport on Friday.
I'm asking coz I will be having my interview in Abuja though I stay in Lagos. I'm considering using Abuja as pickup location so I will just wait behind to collect the passport instead of leaving immediately and waiting for them to send it to Lagos. Please has anyone done this? Kindly share your experience. Thank you.

I like your faith. �
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by tbred: 7:03pm On Aug 04, 2021
Queenneomakanu:
Thank you all for your kind wishes!

TRANSCRIPT:

VISA APPROVED AT ABUJA EMABASSY FOR A FAMILY OF SIX (F1 RENEWAL, F2 APPLICATION)

I am a 3rd year PhD student so I came for renewal and F2 application for my husband and four kids.
VO: OH wow! Good..Good (he was typing for a long time)...please hold on, we have six applications here! (He is smiling).
Me: I have an assistantship that covers my family. And also my daughter's godfather is supporting us financially too.

He started with covid regulations, make sure you check the country before you book your tickets so you don't get stuck. I nodded and jumped up like three times and then packed our documents.

Congratulations , Wishing you and your family a smooth and safe journey back to the states.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Duisburg: 7:04pm On Aug 04, 2021
Erudite77:

Thanks a lot for your attention, bro.

Would you mind linking up with you?
Is that necessary?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Duisburg: 7:07pm On Aug 04, 2021
Erudite77:

Do you think I should tell them to submit the letters same day I submit other documents?
Doesn't matter. You have got to give them time to write something admission-worthy for you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Onyedika11(m): 7:07pm On Aug 04, 2021
My flight will be connecting Boston from schipol airport, Netherlands, Am I in trouble? Please Answer o
chuksmanred:

Avoid turkey, britain and other european countries. I no go deaf when the VO was telling me that. Ya turkish airlines are cheaper but they are on US red list.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by librangyps(f): 7:09pm On Aug 04, 2021
Muleriders:

Yes it is legal but could be stressful and fun at the same time.

If I was alone I would but cos of the kids let me keep searching for cheaper fare
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Erudite77: 7:30pm On Aug 04, 2021
Duisburg:

Doesn't matter. You have got to give them time to write something admission-worthy for you.

Thanks for your attention, bro.

Be blessed.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by tunapawizzy: 7:33pm On Aug 04, 2021
chuksmanred:

Why should UK be avoided? UK isn't on red list. All that is required is a negative covid test and filling of passenger locator form online before ur flight. Well better to avoid if VO talk am
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by tunapawizzy: 7:41pm On Aug 04, 2021
Onyedika11:
My flight will be connecting Boston from schipol airport, Netherlands, Am I in trouble? Please Answer o
I dont think so, but confirm what's required of you to pass through Netherlands coming from Nigeria(check with the official website of d airport). Also confirm what's required of you to enter the US (1)coming from Nigeria (2) having passed through Netherlands. These information are generally based on where u are coming from, so check appropriately.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Onyedika11(m): 8:01pm On Aug 04, 2021
Thank you for your response!
tunapawizzy:

I dont think so, but confirm what's required of you to pass through Netherlands coming from Nigeria(check with the official website of d airport). Also confirm what's required of you to enter the US (1)coming from Nigeria (2) having passed through Netherlands. These information are generally based on where u are coming from, so check appropriately.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Rawly111: 8:05pm On Aug 04, 2021
Kassidy4luv:

When did you apply for EA

Applied on the 25th of July
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Powerpaul: 8:19pm On Aug 04, 2021
Good day everyone,

I got an my EA approval today at Abuja but the dates available are after my proposed class start date. My class start date and program start date is 23rd August while available dates is from 30th August till September. Is it possible to get an earlier date in August before 23rd while I wait using the 3days grace to reschedule.

I need a opinions. �
Thanks.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Viquetohr: 8:42pm On Aug 04, 2021
Lagos or Abuja?
Rawly111:

Applied on the 25th of July
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Viquetohr: 8:43pm On Aug 04, 2021
Lagos or Abuja?
Powerpaul:
Good day everyone,

I got an my EA approval today but the dates available are after my proposed class start date. My class start date and program start date is 23rd August while available dates is from 30th August till September. Is it possible to get an earlier date in August before 23rd while I wait using the 3days grace to reschedule.

I need a opinions. �
Thanks.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by grace2all: 9:05pm On Aug 04, 2021
Please can anyone help with a decent affordable hotel close to the Abuja embassy
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Kennykayy: 9:06pm On Aug 04, 2021
Kennykayy:
Guys, please how do one edit sevis fee receipt on cgif profile page after booking an appointment?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Beautyagu1: 9:27pm On Aug 04, 2021
Congratulations

Quote author=Queenneomakanu post=104416773]Thank you all for your kind wishes!

TRANSCRIPT:

[/quote]

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by bukhety(f): 9:38pm On Aug 04, 2021
Erudite77:
Good afternoon, everyone.

Trust you're doing fine.

Is there anyone here who's applied to Western Illinois University? I have some questions to ask, I've asked the grad school but no reply yet.

My question borders on the LOR. The information on the website says:

"Three confidential letters of recommendation sent directly to the School of Graduate Studies by their recommenders."

Going by the above message in quotation marks, take note of the word "confidential", it means that my recommenders will write the letters and forward it to the mail of School Grad. Studies".

I would like to hear from anyone who has applied to the school.

Please reply as soon as you can. I'll appreciate your reply.

Thanks in anticipation.
Yes

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by checky619: 10:00pm On Aug 04, 2021
Beautyagu1:
Congratulations

Quote author=Queenneomakanu post=104416773]Thank you all for your kind wishes!

TRANSCRIPT:

NO BE JUJU BE THAT!

grin grin Congratulations

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by checky619: 10:04pm On Aug 04, 2021
librangyps:
Guys the rate I am getting to fly to Virginia is really crazy o. Like 4m for me and 2kids.
I no understand o.
Is it legal to fly to the nearest/cheapest airport and finish up with train?

Have you checked Delta airlines?

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Stella91: 10:06pm On Aug 04, 2021
Hi, congratulations on your visa. I'm planning on going with my 3 kids to the embassy as well for my student visa, do you have any tips or advise?

librangyps:
Guys the rate I am getting to fly to Virginia is really crazy o. Like 4m for me and 2kids.
I no understand o.
Is it legal to fly to the nearest/cheapest airport and finish up with train?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by water4: 10:19pm On Aug 04, 2021
@Walspring

Please, I need to pay my SEVIS fee as soon as possible.
mateentechy@gmail.com
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by chuksmanred: 10:20pm On Aug 04, 2021
Onyedika11:
Lol. I don't really know. U should be safe.
Meanwhile, when and how did you get ur passport back?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by hlabest: 10:36pm On Aug 04, 2021
larkson:
VISA DENIED - Abuja 9am 02 Aug 2021

Gurus in the house, I really need your advice and help here.

Course of Study: MBA
School: Suffolk University
Fee: 71k
Funding: 23k Fellowship
Balance: 40kplus
Resumption / Class Start Date: Sept 07

VO: Good morning
Me: Good morning Sir
VO: Fine thank you. Is this your first time of applying for a US VISA?
VO: What is your program of study?
ME: Master of Business Administration. It's a dual concentration with specialization in general mgt and business analytics
VO: Have you ever travelled out of the country before?
Me: Yes, I went to South Africa in 2014.
VO: What was the purpose of your visit. Vacation?
Me: No, It was an official trip. I was recognized by my former company (Bleep bank) for mitigating fraud and went for an award and recognition ceremony
VO: Fraud, Nice - So what is your current role where you presently work?
ME: I am the Head of Customer Experience
VO: Nice: Customer Experience. So who is sponsoring your education?
Me: My Father
VO: What does he do?
ME: He is a real estate investor. Also, work as a contractor on the ongoing Dangote refinery project and owns properties currently on rental income from banks.
VO: So, what city is Suffolk University?
ME: Boston in boston massachusetts.
VO: What year did you say to travelled out of the country again? He was typing fast and guess looking at my form
ME: In the year 2014.
V0: Brought out the green form. I was really surprised because the interview was quite smooth.

Observations:

On my DS 160, where it was asked if i had travelled before in the last 5years, I said No. During the interview, the VO asked if i have travelled before - He didnt mention 5yrs, so i said YES. This question was repeated twice and my response what yes. Travelled to SA and the rest of the story. I think maybe he felt i was lying. Could this be the reason?

My Background:
Age - 36yrs
work experience : 10yrs
Current role: Head, Customer experience
Monthly income: 800k plus
Marital status: Married
Bsc: Business Admin
Grad: 2.1
year of grad: 2009

Your interview looks good Bro. I guess you would have to take note of the observation and reaply.

I also got admitted into same school for same MBA program. I couldn't schedule an interview earlier due to network issues. I was able to book an appointment at Lagos consulate but the date I got is 21st July 2022. I want to apply for EA, praying to get an appointment date this August.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by hlabest: 10:51pm On Aug 04, 2021
Hello gurus in the house.
Please, I need advice on my Visa Interview date.
I scheduled my interview today 4th Agust, due to network issues with the visa fee payment site. The available interview date is 21st July, 2022. The earlier date I'm suppose arrive US is 8th August, but classes resumes 7th September. Can I gate an emergency date approved before the end of August?

Thank you for you response.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by librangyps(f): 11:52pm On Aug 04, 2021
Stella91:
Hi, congratulations on your visa. I'm planning on going with my 3 kids to the embassy as well for my student visa, do you have any tips or advise?

Ofcourse.

No 1. Any deficit or additional costs ....husband is better as your sponsor.

Have a school in mind for them you have researched incase.

Why is your husband not joining you ?

Do you have some funding?

Career progression is also good.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Erudite77: 12:13am On Aug 05, 2021
bukhety:

Yes

Thanks a lot.

That means my recommenders are submitting scanned copies.

I'll have to wet ground. Lol. Sending Professors on errand to scan and upload isn't easy.

(1) (2) (3) ... (410) (411) (412) (413) (414) (415) (416) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.