Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,941 members, 7,817,759 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:48 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (416) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1645398 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (413) (414) (415) (416) (417) (418) (419) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by FutureSenator: 10:44pm On Aug 05, 2021

F1 Visa approved minutes ago at Abuja Embassy
First application
MS Civil Engineering at ***
Full funding, no deficit.

January 5, 7.30AM

Got to the embassy like 6.45am, met a lot of touts outside. They kept asking me "have you arranged your documents? have you done this, have ou done that..I just ignored all of them. Went in around 7am. The cgi lady asked for I-20, DS-160, appointment confirmation and passport. She checked everything and told me my passport photograph is too small and does not meet specification. I went outside to take another passport for 2,500naira. 4 Passports for 2,500 naira!! Anyway I had no option but to take it. I went back in to join the queue

Met one black guy who checked passport and i-20 and collected the photograph. Next is one fine lady at window 4 where we did biometrics.. waited for another 30minutes before I was called to window 9.

Meanwhile the 3 applicants before me - denied, approved, denied. I have done mental calculation that the next in the series is approved, and that is me, (PS: the candidate after me was denied too.)

VO: Good morning, please pass your passport and I-20.
Me: Okay (pass documents).

VO; So what do you do currently in Nigeria
Me: I work as a Project Engineer with xyz company. My job function involves facility construction and upgrade, warehouse constructions, infrastructure developments and software deployment.

VO: Okay, fine. Why Tennessee.
Me: Ah Tennessee perfectly aligns with my research interests. I checked out a lot of schools online and spoke with a lot of professors, but this particular professor working on application of artificial intelligence and machine learning in transportation systems fits my needs. I will be working on developing models to predict congestion and traffic control.

VO: Okay, are you married, do you have kids
Me: Oh yes I am married, but no kids. My wife is currently running her undergraduate degree here in Nigeria.

VO; Is she going with yo?
Me: oh no. She can't abandon her degree. She will complete her degree while I am running my program and I will be coming to check her every couple of months.

VO: Good, what was your undergraduate degree
Me: I have a bachelors degree in Civil Engineering from the University of xxxx in Nigeria.

VO; Good, when is your program starting
Me: 13 January next year, oh sorry, this year.

VO; (pauses for some seconds and type furiously, I was praying and calling unto God in my mind): Your visa is recommended for approval. Take this slip, it contains instruction on how to pick up your passport. It usually takes 2-4 business days for administrative processing, but could be more or less. Thank you and enjoy your trip
Me: Thank you and enjoy your trip too (well I didn't know why I said that.. maybe it was joy lol)

I was awake since 3am praying unto God and seeking His blessings. I believe it is just pure grace. Not by my power or might. All thanks to God. Please wish me safe trip to Tennessee!

F2 Visa (Wife) Approved at Abuja
Sponsor: Father (shown as personal funds on I20)
Time 9.45AM
August 5, 2021

VO: Good morning, What school are you applying to
Wife: Good morning, I am applying for F2 Visa

VO: Pass your passport and I-20
VO: When was the last time you saw your husband
Wife: I saw him In January

VO: How long did he stay in Nigeria?
Wife: No, he has not come to visit, that was before he travelled to the United States.

VO: Where else has he travelled to?
Wife: This is the first time he left the country

VO: Have you travelled out before?
Wife: No

VO: How long have you been married?
Wife: A year plus, Islamic traditional marriage was done (*** 2020) and we went to Ikoyi registry this year in January to formalize it.

VO: What is your educational background?
Wife: I have a degree in Bleep from Bleep university and also a degree in yyy from yyy university.

VO: How long are you planning to stay
Wife: 1 year and 5 months
(That's the exact time left for visa to expire)

VO: Can you pass your spouse passport?
Wife: (hands over a copy)

VO: I'll be approving your visa....

All thanks to God. Read all the F2 visa we could find, prepared for so many questions but only few were asked... thank God for grace.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Themaths(m): 10:47pm On Aug 05, 2021
Duisburg:

If you spend 750k to Arkansas, bro you have money o. There are other airlines available which can access the US and you won't spend so much. Safe journey.

Maybe I don't have enough information, if you do, can you please point me in the right direction?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Vahn: 11:18pm On Aug 05, 2021
xoxo701:
Good afternoon everyone... I apply for ER on July 9 at Lagos consulate i attached with the email my i20 and sevis fee payment receipt ..I’m going for masters and receive an email from them on July 24th that my ER is been reviewed and I will get a reply soon. But today I received an email that my ER is denied ..This is my first attempt ... so what could be the reason for this? I will be writing the school to deferred my admission to spring 2022! Because my initial appointment was December 2021.
apply to Abuja
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by eyinola: 11:25pm On Aug 05, 2021
I need to apply for F1 asap, plz I need who can put me through, went to my school to get my transcripts buy they insist they can only send it to the school am applying to it's kinda confusing
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by xoxo701: 12:33am On Aug 06, 2021
You think that will work? How pls explain.. thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by xoxo701: 12:34am On Aug 06, 2021
Vahn:
apply to Abuja
you think that will work? How pls explain.. thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by lanrywatt(m): 1:10am On Aug 06, 2021
Pls can someone help with a sample of a sponsor letter ?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by haywhy17(m): 1:44am On Aug 06, 2021

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Samongo(m): 4:28am On Aug 06, 2021
Samongo:
Hi guys

Please I applied for EA since the 20th of July and up until now it has not been approved. I only got an email that its been reviewed and I've sent a reminder after but since then, nothing o. School resumes 26th of August and after I emailed my school for an extension, it was denied but I was told I have to be in school before 2nd of September. I'm kinda scared not to lose the assistantship. Pls any advice. Thanks

Pls any advice?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Erudite77: 6:15am On Aug 06, 2021
Good morning.

Please I need someone (US resident) who can pay my application fee on my behalf.

S/he will get his money in dollars. Please who's the trusted one who does that? I'm transferring $ to him.

Thank you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UAVdrones: 7:07am On Aug 06, 2021
Congratulation for making it there.
Schrodinger1:

Congratulations on your funding. Quickly request for a new I-20 reflecting your new status for the PhD program even if it's the same school. You no longer need the I-20 for your MS program. Go throw it away.

You would need to fill in a new DS-160 form (even if your SEVIS number remains constant) and reapply for another interview session.
Best of luck.

First post from the USA!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UAVdrones: 7:20am On Aug 06, 2021
Some schools don't require application fees. Most schools offer application waivers if you know how to circumvent it.
dubsy20:
Congratulations to the people that got their VISa. I tap into your testimonies. Please I want to ask, for the people that are getting admitted into 4 or more schools, does it mean Application fees were paid for all the schools or are there ways to get Application fees waivers.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by EffectEn: 7:39am On Aug 06, 2021
Ohh really? Someone booking to travel this Fall?

Please don't invalidate other people's findings if you're not certain of a better solution.

But if you have the OT to get a cheaper flight, do help the individual. At least, that's what we are all here for.

Duisburg:

If you spend 750k to Arkansas, bro you have money o. There are other airlines available which can access the US and you won't spend so much. Safe journey.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Pascalinho4real: 8:05am On Aug 06, 2021
fdecisive:

Thanks. Yea, was lucky to win the UK Chevening scholarship also smiley.
So, found myself with two scholarships to the glory of God - to the UK & to the USA.
You can ask me any question via email. I'd be glad to help.

Please reach me out on Pascalinho4real@gmail.com
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Helkayklassic(m): 8:29am On Aug 06, 2021
eyinola:
I need to apply for F1 asap, plz I need who can put me through, went to my school to get my transcripts buy they insist they can only send it to the school am applying to it's kinda confusing

You have to send your Transcript to somewhere before you can get your own student copy.

Another way you can do this is to request for your transcript to be sent to your place of work. When It gets to your office, pick it up and start using it for whatever you want to use it for.

Best wishes.

6 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Palmyra: 8:40am On Aug 06, 2021
Good morning everyone, please i need urgent help, I applied for EA and got denied! & i don't know what to do next to scheduled another EA, has anyone ever been denied and later being granted?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by bidemialade43: 8:46am On Aug 06, 2021
fdecisive:

Thanks bro. But not exactly accurate.
Turkey is not on USA covid19 red list. Only Schengen countries (mostly western Europe) currently have some restrictions.
Check this out : https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/from-other-countries.html
Also, there are exceptions to these restrictions which includes students resuming this fall >>https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/News/visas-news/presidential-proclamation-on-the-suspension-of-entry-as-nonimmigrants-of-certain-additional-persons-who-pose-a-risk-of-transmitting-coronavirus-disease-2019.html

BTW, transiting an airport WITHOUT going through their immigration and customs nor leaving their airport, is not the same as legally visiting that country, which you need a visa for. I don't think a student coming to the US who switches planes in Turkey or ANY OTHER EUROPEAN COUNTRY will have any issues. Turkish airlines flies into the USA every single day. Same with British Airways, AirFrance, etc.
Check out the USA CDC website and Turkish airlines website. Any student traveller who has a negative covid test result within the last 3 days before travel, is good to go.

Thank you! smiley

Hi.... please can you send me your personal mail address..
Have a a lot to ask abegi ..help a sister!!

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ojaigbo: 8:47am On Aug 06, 2021
Hello nairalanders, good morning. Pls if I am leaving for US on the 11th of August to arrive on the 12 of August, can I do the covid test on the evening of 10th August?? Is it acceptable?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by eyinola: 8:49am On Aug 06, 2021
Helkayklassic:

You have to send your Transcript to somewhere before you can get your own student copy.

Another way you can do this is to request for your transcript to be sent to your place of work. When It gets to your office, pick it up and start using it for whatever you want to use it for.

Best wishes.
Thank u so much
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Amenndmore: 9:03am On Aug 06, 2021
I applied for an EA since 2weeks ago to Abuja and finally got approved. But the next available date for any interview was end of August and my school classes start on that date. Now I have to defer. Heartbroken but God knows best.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Amenndmore: 9:04am On Aug 06, 2021
Palmyra:
Good morning everyone, please i need urgent help, I applied for EA and got denied! & i don't know what to do next to scheduled another EA, has anyone ever been denied and later being granted?

You can reapply but I suggest you review how to apply for an ea of YouTube. You only get 2 trials in 6 months.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Palmyra: 9:07am On Aug 06, 2021
Amenndmore:

You can reapply but I suggest you review how to apply for an ea of YouTube. You only get 2 trials in 6 months.
Thanks for your response sir/ma, I will check it out on YouTube.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Amenndmore: 9:07am On Aug 06, 2021
Samongo:

Pls any advice?
If you still haven’t gotten a reply please inquire about deferring so you don’t lose the admission totally. You can only defer before the start of classes
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ayangbade99: 9:11am On Aug 06, 2021
Good day everyone. Please I need your help. While seeking an emergency request, I mistakenly uploaded the payment receipt of my Sevis fee (western union). Not the confirmation page. I can't get to request another emergency cos the option is not there anymore. Please what can I do? Should I reschedule all over again and ask for an emergency request? Or the receipt is also valid?

Thanks everyone.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Olartosin: 9:33am On Aug 06, 2021
Hello Nairalander,

Is there anyone going to the University of the Potomac? If yes, kindly send me a DM. Many thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Shuayb0(m): 9:40am On Aug 06, 2021
hi

First, ask your school for an extension or the final day you can arrive the US before deferring.
Amenndmore:
I applied for an EA since 2weeks ago to Abuja and finally got approved. But the next available date for any interview was end of August and my school classes start on that date. Now I have to defer. Heartbroken but God knows best.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Palmyra: 10:02am On Aug 06, 2021
Shuayb0:
hi

First, ask your school for an extension or the final day you can arrive the US before deferring.
ok thanks, I will do that
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Erudite77: 10:52am On Aug 06, 2021
Erudite77:
Good morning.

Please I need someone (US resident) who can pay my application fee on my behalf.

S/he will get his money in dollars. Please who's the trusted one who does that? I'm transferring $ to him.

Thank you.

Someone should, please, respond to this.

Please.

Thank you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 11:14am On Aug 06, 2021
ojaigbo:
Hello nairalanders, good morning. Pls if I am leaving for US on the 11th of August to arrive on the 12 of August, can I do the covid test on the evening of 10th August?? Is it acceptable?

I think you can. It has to be within three full days before your first flight out of your country. Not the connecting flight. So you can test on 8th, 9th, or 10th. Some airlines will even tell you the days you can test...
But why not test in the morning of that 10th then you get result the next day morning, on your way to airport. Or some centres even email it to travellers.
That's if you have an evening flight though.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by bukhety(f): 11:29am On Aug 06, 2021
UAVdrones:
Some schools don't require application fees. Most schools offer application waivers if you know how to circumvent it.
Pls how can one do that? I've paid a total of 95 dollars and its a pain.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Trey195(m): 12:04pm On Aug 06, 2021
Hello everyone. My ER in Lagos was just denied. Please has anyone here's F1 visa emergency appointment in Lagos been approved recently? Did you submit SEVIS fee receipt as part of your documents?

(1) (2) (3) ... (413) (414) (415) (416) (417) (418) (419) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.