Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,222 members, 7,815,276 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:05 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (420) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1642568 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (417) (418) (419) (420) (421) (422) (423) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Macdow(m): 4:10pm On Aug 07, 2021
fairheart:
IF YOU NEED GRE MATERIALS, QUOTE AND DROP YOUR EMAIL UNDER THIS COMMENT.
almikin@yahoo.com.
Would appreciate Toefl materials too, if available pls. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by itzgbengene: 5:09pm On Aug 07, 2021
yinka1221:
I I have they sent you any update
You have what?
What update
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by misskano: 6:04pm On Aug 07, 2021
Palmyra:
please how Many days did you wait to reapply for another EA and what are the things you do differently that makes them to consider your approval? Cos I'm in that exact situation now

Initially, I didn't attach my SEVIS fee receipt. I thought I would be able to walk into any bank to pay, but it turned out that Western Union payments aren't accepted in Nigeria. So I had to contact a friend in the US that helped me with the payment. Immediately the SEVIS fee payment was confirmed, I reapplied. That SEVIS payment process took a week because the person used the check option.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by misskano: 6:05pm On Aug 07, 2021
Kioshi:

You didn’t attach your sevis receipt before? Where did you apply before, Lagos or Abuja? This one that got approved where did you apply ?

Yes. I didn't attach it in the first request I sent. Location is Lagos.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by misskano: 6:06pm On Aug 07, 2021
Omoxrist:
Lagos or Abuja, please?

quote author=misskano post=104464628]My EA was approved today. The first request I sent was rejected. So I reapplied again on the 27th of July. If you want to apply for an EA, Ensure you attach SEVIS fee receipt. It's very important.

Lagos
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by bukhety(f): 6:32pm On Aug 07, 2021
bayocanny:

Interested in applying to more schools with app waiver?
If yes, check Iowa State University and Texas Tech.
Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ojaigbo: 6:50pm On Aug 07, 2021
Hello everyone. I will be travelling soon and I need dollars. Pls where can one change naira to dollar in Abuja??
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Hallelujahvoice: 7:19pm On Aug 07, 2021
ojaigbo:
Hello everyone. I will be travelling soon and I need dollars. Pls where can one change naira to dollar in Abuja??

If you're on the F1 Category, you can approach any bank with the right documents for FX at CBN rate... PTA limit per quarter is $4,000.
BTA is $5,000 per quarter as well.

Different Travelers have different requirements.

However, you'll be required to provide a return ticket (originating from Nigeria and ending in Nigeria) among other documents (like your international passport).
For more information, walk-in to any bank of your choice and ask the FX Officer.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 7:23pm On Aug 07, 2021
Hallelujahvoice:

If you're on the F1 Category, you can approach any bank with the right documents for FX at CBN rate... PTA limit per quarter is $4,000.
BTA is $5,000 per quarter as well.

Different Travelers have different requirements.

However, you'll be required to provide a return ticket (originating from Nigeria and ending in Nigeria) among other documents (like your international passport).
For more information, walk-in to any bank of your choice and ask the FX Officer.
that’s not a good option why do That when Return date is not certain
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Dandelions004: 7:29pm On Aug 07, 2021
Good evening everyone, please does anyone know how I can get my visa fee receipt if I lost it but have a picture of it
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 7:40pm On Aug 07, 2021
Dandelions004:
Good evening everyone, please does anyone know how I can get my visa fee receipt if I lost it but have a picture of it
gtb online banking log in that’s if you paid with your GTBank
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Dandelions004: 7:47pm On Aug 07, 2021
Malone122:
gtb online banking log in that’s if you paid with your GTBank

Yeah I paid with gtb but I didn’t use the online banking…. I went to the bank
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 7:59pm On Aug 07, 2021
Dandelions004:

Yeah I paid with gtb but I didn’t use the online banking…. I went to the bank
that’s my point login your online banking it’s there
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Dandelions004: 8:06pm On Aug 07, 2021
Malone122:
that’s my point login your online banking it’s there

I don’t have a gtb account, I just went to pay my visa fee that’s all
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by iretex1(m): 8:50pm On Aug 07, 2021
Adeboy700:
Please how do I use your link with the barter

I think you can just click on the link, if it doesn't work for you, checkout barter by flutterwaves on app/play store
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by iretex1(m): 8:52pm On Aug 07, 2021
[quote author=ICFinvestor1 post=104515676][/quote]

You can request an authorization letter from the school to cover that concern.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Waposh(m): 9:19pm On Aug 07, 2021
Vahn:

Send it to any school, they are usually kind most times and will give you. All my schools gave me waivers
Subject: Fall 2022 Prospective student: MS of Science in Fishery.

Dont plagiarize, try to modify your own, someone else may copy the exact thing and may be applying to your school, if you send it to one of the schools i sent it to, it may not yield a good outcome, you get. But this should really guide you

Pls like when should one send a mail for application waiver....is it before starting the application at all or after sending all your documents ?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by iretex1(m): 11:31pm On Aug 07, 2021
fairheart:
IF YOU NEED GRE MATERIALS, QUOTE AND DROP YOUR EMAIL UNDER THIS COMMENT.

iretex1@gmail.com
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by iretex1(m): 11:35pm On Aug 07, 2021
Dandelions004:

If you paid with GTBank, they would most likely have sent you an email with the receipt attached. The subject will be like GT Collection, you can search from your inbox.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by JavanElsevier41: 11:57pm On Aug 07, 2021
AnamegeNzube95:

How will ur Sponsor be at Chicago at Illinois and u r schooling in same Illinois is that not an indication u r a migrant

Exactly
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Pauliben: 12:38am On Aug 08, 2021
Hi everyone,

If I want to update an information on my Ds-160 form, do I need to fill a new form? If yes, I guess I'll need to fill the new Ds-160 number on cgi page. Please how can I get a new appointment form that carries the new Ds-160 number.

Thank you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Viquetohr: 3:01am On Aug 08, 2021
If you have completed and successfully submitted your DS-160, it can no longer be edited. You can only create a new application having another ID. Visit the DS-160 page, click on "retrieve an application", then proceed to click the "create a new application" icon.
Pauliben:
Hi everyone,

If I want to update an information on my Ds-160 form, do I need to fill a new form? If yes, I guess I'll need to fill the new Ds-160 number on cgi page. Please how can I get a new appointment form that carries the new Ds-160 number.

Thank you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 3:33am On Aug 08, 2021
Wanderlust18:
Not yet. If you’re available for the mock, I sent you a dm please.
My evenings are your midnights. And that's the only time I could squeeze out for such I guess.

Best of luck.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by librangyps(f): 7:01am On Aug 08, 2021
Pauliben:
Hi everyone,

Thank you.

Input the new ds 160 number via update profile on chi page
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ICFinvestor1: 7:31am On Aug 08, 2021
[quote author=iretex1 post=104540463]

Thanks a lot, I will do just that
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ICFinvestor1: 7:37am On Aug 08, 2021
[quote author=librangyps post=104520271]
Thanks so much.
Yes I rescheduled and the date I got is a month after the resumption
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ICFinvestor1: 7:39am On Aug 08, 2021
[quote author=Amenndmore post=104516741]

Thanks dear, I sent a mail to my school and I am waiting for their response
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Vahn: 9:02am On Aug 08, 2021
Waposh:

Pls like when should one send a mail for application waiver....is it before starting the application at all or after sending all your documents ?
Guy anyhow you want
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Vahn: 9:06am On Aug 08, 2021
I just checked my ds160 and i20,

My PLACE OF BIRTH is showing the city I currently live, even though both are in Lagos, my place of birth is like Ketu normally, and where i live is like Marina.

But its displaying Marina, Lagos as place of birth. Did anyone encounter this please?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Canada2021: 9:15am On Aug 08, 2021
ojaigbo:
I work with Providusbank and you can get PTA from our Abuja branch in Wuse 2. All you need are:
1. Copy of your international Passport with the visa.
2. A copy of your Flight ticket

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Vahn: 9:31am On Aug 08, 2021
Canada2021:
I work with Providusbank and you can get PTA from our Abuja branch in Wuse 2. All you need are:
1. Copy of your international Passport with the visa.
2. A copy of your Flight ticket
do they need return ticket?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Keeunicee: 9:33am On Aug 08, 2021
Pls how did you do it am in this situation

Systrom:
Hey guys. I just got my visa few mins ago at the Lagos Embassy for my Spring 2022 admission at Texas A&M Uni

Please how soon can I travel?

Must I wait till next year before I travel ?

Transcripts loading...

(1) (2) (3) ... (417) (418) (419) (420) (421) (422) (423) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.