Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,460 members, 7,812,406 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:54 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (424) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1640617 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (421) (422) (423) (424) (425) (426) (427) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Pace6: 2:19pm On Aug 09, 2021
tstaiwo:
Transcript
Visa Approved
Abuja embassy
9th August 2021
COA - USD 38,513
Family fund - USD 43,700
Out of country tuition waiver
Female White VO in her late 30's or early 40's

VO - Please place your left, then right four fingers on the biometric scanner
ME - I put right fingers first na so V.O give me one stern look like do you know what you are doing lol
VO - Pass me your documents (I-20 and passport)
I see you are going to Georgia Southern University for your Masters program in Computer science
ME - Yes please
VO - What will this program do for you
ME - On completion of my program, this course will equip me with practical, analytical and problem solving skills through Data driven startegies which will enable me to solve pressing problems which are pivotal to the advancement of the Nigeria economy.
I will be great assets to organisations such as ministry of science and technology and ministry of information.
On the long run I also plan to establish a firm that will enable me to transfer my technical skills to young graduates here in Nigeria and make them equipped with adequate skills to solve practical problems in industries and in the country.
VO - What do you do currently
ME - I work as a presales engineer at ××, a leading ICT firm in Lagos.
VO - So you plan to work in the government sector
ME - Yes please
VO - Who will be covering the deficit
ME - I have an out of country (VO cuts in)
VO - I can see your waiver on your I-20. Who will be covering the deficit.
ME - My sponsor is my father, Bleep. He his an established business man with over 30 years of experience. He is into sales of building materials and a distributor of dangote cement, a top cement brand here in Nigeria. He has apartments for rents  in lagos where he collects annual returns. He his also into large scaling farming in the southwest region of the country.
VO - I will be approving your visa. Do well to avoid bla balabalabal...
TO GOD BE THE GLORY

Congratulations!!!

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by xoxo701: 2:25pm On Aug 09, 2021
beejhay69:
It is well.
If you won't mind the cost, you can try Abuja also. Atleast you'd get an early date for September.
You mean I should buy another visa fee?? shocked And re apply to Abuja ?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by pufframmy: 2:38pm On Aug 09, 2021
Please anyone that just arrive the State on student visa what are they question ask AT POE
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by charliejose: 3:03pm On Aug 09, 2021
Canada2021:
No for F-1 Student visa, it is not required.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Kassidy4luv(m): 3:08pm On Aug 09, 2021
My friend's VISA was denied today @ Abuja embassy.

He said the VO asked him 3 questions about funding his studies.
His COA is 32k
He has partial funding/scholarship of about 8k
Personal funds about 11k
Sponsor( uncle) will take care of the 13k deficit.

What could be the reason for his denial
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Firefox01: 3:18pm On Aug 09, 2021
Kassidy4luv:

His COA is 32k
Personal funds about 11k

Drop his entire transcript. It may not be about his funds alone.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Dingozi(m): 3:24pm On Aug 09, 2021
HisExcellency21:

OKAY THANK YOU. I VISITED THEIR OFFICE IN ABUJA FOR INFORMATION. THEY SAID ONE MUST DO COVID-19 TEST A DAY BEFORE TRAVELING, CONFIRM THIS PLS. THANK YOU

That's correct
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Beautyagu1: 3:36pm On Aug 09, 2021
Congratulations

tstaiwo:
Transcript
Visa Approved
Abuja embassy
9th August 2021
COA - USD 38,513
Family fund - USD 43,700

ME - I put right fingers first na so V.O give me one stern look like do you know what you are doing lol
I see you are going to Georgia Southern University for your Masters program in Computer science
ME - Yes please
ME - On completion of my program, this course will equip me with practical, analytical and problem solving skills through Data driven startegies which will enable me to solve pressing problems which are pivotal to the advancement of the Nigeria economy.
I will be great assets to organisations such as ministry of science and technology and ministry of information.
On the long run I also plan to establish a firm that will enable me to transfer my technical skills to young graduates here in Nigeria and make them equipped with adequate skills to solve practical problems in industries and in the country.
ME - Yes please
ME - My sponsor is my father, Bleep. He his an established business man with over 30 years of experience. He is into sales of building materials and a distributor of dangote cement, a top cement brand here in Nigeria. He has apartments for rents  in lagos where he collects annual returns. He his also into large scaling farming in the southwest region of the country.
TO GOD BE THE GLORY

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Oluwathoyin: 3:38pm On Aug 09, 2021
Please, can anyone suggest a cheap hotel that is close to muritala airport for me
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Janet200: 3:43pm On Aug 09, 2021
Kassidy4luv:

His COA is 32k
Personal funds about 11k

Is it the male VO
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by elegantxxx: 3:49pm On Aug 09, 2021
PLEASE HOW CAN ONE TACKLE THE QUESTION OF SPONSORSHIP WHEN YOU ARE SPONSORING YOURSELF WITHOUT ANY FORM OF SCHOLARSHIP/FUNDING?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by elegantxxx: 3:50pm On Aug 09, 2021
what were the questions asked, so we can also learn from it?

Kassidy4luv:

His COA is 32k
Personal funds about 11k

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by elegantxxx: 3:53pm On Aug 09, 2021
Peace court Hotel, very close to the embassy but not excellent....... from 8-10k per room. you will spend like 3-4k for cab from the airport to central area where the Hotel is located.

Oluwathoyin:
Please, can anyone suggest a cheap hotel that is close to muritala airport for me
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Oluwathoyin: 3:57pm On Aug 09, 2021
elegantxxx:
Peace court Hotel, very close to the embassy but not excellent....... from 8-10k per room. you will spend like 3-4k for cab from the airport to central area where the Hotel is located.

thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Lovedavid(m): 4:06pm On Aug 09, 2021
Hello Sir/Ma,
Please do anybody know anything about the NON-DEGREE GRADUATE program?
What are the chances of getting a Visa approved?
Because have not seen any applicant who applied for it.
Thanks for the Favorable response. smiley

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Vahn: 4:07pm On Aug 09, 2021
Please can someone recommend an affordable and safe hotel in Abuja, that is also close to the embassy? thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Vahn: 4:07pm On Aug 09, 2021
jojoey:

I think you can
thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Gokoyer1401: 4:08pm On Aug 09, 2021
Accept my congratulations. Happy for you, Bro.

Do you know if year gaps(period of time without studying or working) can affect US study visa decision? I will appreciate if you can answer my question in any way you deem fit. thanks.
tstaiwo:
Transcript
Visa Approved
Abuja embassy
9th August 2021
COA - USD 38,513
Family fund - USD 43,700

ME - Yes please
ME - Yes please
TO GOD BE THE GLORY

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Viquetohr: 4:15pm On Aug 09, 2021
Yeah, I just called thru the Lagos Embassy. A fresh EA request transferring to Abuja will attract another MRV fee payment. If you feel you can't wait any longer and can afford to pay another MRV fee, please do. But you have no idea if it's a wise decision for you. I also await an EA approval just like you do. I applied to the Lagos Embassy on the 17th July, and my resumption date is 23rd August. I've waited long enough too, but be wise.
Childofthemosth:
Good afternoon

Please respond to this,

Lagos has not responded my Emergency request and my school resumes in about 3 weeks.

I want to change to Abuja, do I have to pay another MRV before I can request Abuja?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by jojoey: 4:29pm On Aug 09, 2021
Viquetohr:
Yeah, I just called thru the Lagos Embassy. A fresh EA request transferring to Abuja will attract another MRV fee payment. If you feel you can't wait any longer and can afford to pay another MRV fee, please do. But you have no idea if it's a wise decision for you. I also await an EA approval just like you do. I applied to the Lagos Embassy on the 17th July, and my resumption date is 23rd August. I've waited long enough too, but be wise.

If you did not cancel or reschedule your initial appointment, you can cancel your current appointment and switch to Abuja without paying another mrv fee and then request emergency in abuja.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by beejhay69: 4:34pm On Aug 09, 2021
xoxo701:
You mean I should buy another visa fee?? shocked And re apply to Abuja ?
"If you won't mind the cost"
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by beejhay69: 4:36pm On Aug 09, 2021
Vahn:
Please can someone recommend an affordable and safe hotel in Abuja, that is also close to the embassy? thank you
Optima Hotel. 8k standard.
10k Executive.
3/5mins walking distance to embassy.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by 9ton(m): 4:40pm On Aug 09, 2021
Fairheart please send the GRE to me too Anaelejustin36@gmail.com
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Childofthemosth(f): 4:41pm On Aug 09, 2021
Thank you.
I haven't reschedule or cancelled initial appointment before, on my appointment it says that I have exceeded the number of times I can schedule.

Also, I was denied Visa in July, could this the reason Lagos is yet to respond emergency request?

jojoey:

If you did not cancel or reschedule your initial appointment, you can cancel your current appointment and switch to Abuja without paying another mrv fee and then request emergency in abuja.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Childofthemosth(f): 4:43pm On Aug 09, 2021
Do you think it's wise to wait ?

Viquetohr:
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Vahn: 4:56pm On Aug 09, 2021
beejhay69:
Optima Hotel. 8k standard.
10k Executive.
3/5mins walking distance to embassy.
woow, thank you soooo muchhhh! God bless you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 5:03pm On Aug 09, 2021
Good evening all,
I just got my i-20, is it too late to apply for a visa for the fall semester?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by jojoey: 5:05pm On Aug 09, 2021
Childofthemosth:
Thank you.
I haven't reschedule or cancelled initial appointment before, on my appointment it says that I have exceeded the number of times I can schedule.

Also, I was denied Visa in July, could this the reason Lagos is yet to respond emergency request?

I don't know if denial has anything to do with it. As long as the appointment where you were denied was not an emergency appointment. I know a few people here that were denied initially and reapplied again and requested for emergency and it was granted. Except things have changed now.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Vahn: 5:29pm On Aug 09, 2021
Colette005:
Good evening all,
I just got my i-20, is it too late to apply for a visa for the fall semester?
when is your school resuming?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by statemanui(m): 5:57pm On Aug 09, 2021
Hello Guys,

Please I need clarification on an issue.

I was Denied Emergency application next week Saturday in Lagos. But I noticed that my emergency appointment request button was restored so I sharply cancelled my Lagos appointment and booked another appointment in Abuja with the same MRV. To my greatest suprise I was still able to request for another Emergency application but I realized that the reschedule button was removed.

So my concern right now is if what I have done is appropriate and should be hopefully or I should just proceed to pay for another visa fee and defer my admission to spring 2020?

I need your input guys.

Thank you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 5:58pm On Aug 09, 2021
August 23rd
Vahn:
when is your school resuming?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Bamdaniels: 5:59pm On Aug 09, 2021
I already applied for EA for Lagos consulate on 2nd of August and got a reply after 3 days that mr request is under review and I will get a mail if denied or approved, my resumption date is 23rd of August 2021…..can I still pay for another MRV and apply to Abuja embassy so I can request for EA at Abuja too while I wait for response from Lagos…please is it okay to do this or I just have to wait to get a response before I can change to Abuja or apply for a new appointment?

(1) (2) (3) ... (421) (422) (423) (424) (425) (426) (427) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

Viewing this topic: Toshod

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.