Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,212 members, 7,811,580 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:00 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (457) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1640065 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (454) (455) (456) (457) (458) (459) (460) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Elcarter5: 6:20pm On Aug 24, 2021
checky619:

I didn’t get what he said, please explain
what he was trying to say was that, you can only pay your sevis/application fee with the help of someone in the USA and that person can do it through western union as you can not send from Nigeria. Hope this help. Cheers.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Elcarter5: 6:21pm On Aug 24, 2021
Rawly111:
Urgent
Please is evidence of having taking the covid 19 vaccine needed at the Embassy in Abuja
No. just go with a nose mask.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Oluwacolded: 6:28pm On Aug 24, 2021
JaySterling:
Too late.

Look towards Summer 2022
lies...... it not late at all. spring application kicked off in August and most schools deadline is October. only 1% of schools in US that their application has closed such as wiu .

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by checky619: 6:36pm On Aug 24, 2021
Elcarter5:
what he was trying to say was that, you can only pay your sevis/application fee with the help of someone in the USA and that person can do it through western union as you can not send from Nigeria. Hope this help. Cheers.

Thanks I already got someone in the US to help me with the payment.... appreciate
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Predstan: 6:46pm On Aug 24, 2021
neyosea25:
Please, I need someone who had applied to Michigan Technological University before to pm me. I have some information to share.

Share it here

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Helkayklassic(m): 7:15pm On Aug 24, 2021
neyosea25:
Please, I need someone who had applied to Michigan Technological University before to pm me. I have some information to share.

It will help others that want to apply to MTU if you can do that on here.

6 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Helkayklassic(m): 7:36pm On Aug 24, 2021
Kaymanz:
I'm new here, a friend of mine told me about this site.

Here is my profile.
Bachelor's degree in Chemistry
CGPA of 4.4 out of 5
No GRE
No TOEFL
I'm looking to apply for Spring 2022, is it too late to start preparations now?

You have a very good GPA. If you really want to applu for spring it is not too late if you can kickstart everything from this minute.

Not having a GRE score has already ruled you out of some schools. Have you evlauated your transcript with WES? If no, this has already ruled you out of some schools.

If you have your transcript with you, you can start applying to schools. If you don’t have it, quickly request for it from your undergraduate school.

Best wishes.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by elegantxxx: 7:45pm On Aug 24, 2021
HELLO GOOD PEOPLE,
PLEASE AVOID BOOKING FLIGHT THAT WILL TRANSIT FROM Frankfurt
FRA Frankfurt (FRA), Germany to the US. a lot of people were unable to fly today and had to reschedule.
God Bless you all!!

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Erudite77: 7:49pm On Aug 24, 2021
Oluwacolded:
lies...... it not late at all. spring application kicked off in August and most schools deadline is October. only 1% of schools in US that their application has closed such as wiu .

I agree with you �!!!!

I was surprised reading that too. There are at least five schools I know that are still accepting applications.

In fact, Oregon University, with full funding, will begin receiving applications for Fall by September 22.

Bowling University will be available in September. West Virginia University is still available.

Arkansas State University, not the public one, just started this month.

I think if the person can surf the Internet, he'll know that nothing is OVER!!!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Erudite77: 8:49pm On Aug 24, 2021
Kaymanz:

Here is my profile.
CGPA of 4.4 out of 5
No GRE
No TOEFL

Check them out!

Go to their websites for details. Write to their grad cords.

I wish you all the very best.

1. Western Illinois University
2. Marquette University
3. Clarkston University
4. University of Arkansas at little rock
5. University of Texas, Rio Grande Valley
6. Rensselaer Polytechnic institute
7. University of Rochester.
8. Michigan Technological University
9. University of Delaware.
10. Northeastern University
11. Steven's Institute of Technology
12. Missouri S&T
13. Drexel University
14. Middle Tennessee State University (They refunded my $30 after paying).
15. Cleveland State University
16. University of New Orleans
17. Milwaukee School of Engineering.
18. University of Texas, Tyler.
19. Rice University (PhD in Materials and Biotech Engineering only)

Here They Are: 7 of the Most Affordable Colleges in the United States for International Students

The City University of New York. ...

University of the People. ...

3. California State University, Long Beach. ...

Alcorn State University in Mississippi. ...

Minot State University in North Dakota. ...

South Texas College.

List of 10 Tuition-Free Universities In USA For International Students

Berea College.

Alice Lloyd College.

Webb Institute.

College of the Ozarks.

Curtis Institute of Music.

City University of New York (CUNY)

U.S. Academies.

State of Washington Universities

Based on data from the U.S. News, these are the most affordable American universities and colleges for international students:

Brigham Young University-Provo.

Eastern New Mexico University.

Nicholls State University.

Bridgewater State University.

Minnesota State University-Moorhead.

Mississippi University for Women.

14 Likes 7 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by owagbeba: 9:04pm On Aug 24, 2021
Shuayb0:
3rd attempt.

*Visa Interview Transcript:*
*School: University of New Hampshire*
*COA: 72k*
*GA: 58k*
*Deficit: 14k*
*Attempt: (3rd attempt )*
*Status* *VISA APPROVED*

V.O: Good morning

Me: Good morning, how are you today?

VO: Didn’t answer

Pass me your I20
Me: Pls have it. (Placed my hands for biometric)

V.O: You’re going to the University of New Hampshire to study business statistics

Me: I corrected her that it’s business analytics.

V.O: I can see you have an assistantship.

Me: Yes

V.O: What do you currently do?

Me: I work as the business intelligence lead at ***, where I collect sales and customer data and use that to create marketing strategy, better target our customers and improve business processes.

V. O: What are you going to do when you return from this program?

Me: I will return and take up the position of Director if Analytics. I already have a written commitment from my organization.

V.O: You mean ****?

Me: Yes ****

V.O: longest 90 seconds if my life typing and clicking. Then the white paper.

*Personal tip:*
If you’ve been refused before, use the comment box to your advantage. I talked about why I think I was refused (financial plan), then explain what has changed like gre, GA and how I will be working with an eccentric professor. So I think this is why I wasn’t asked much questions, cos I already answered some of them with that explanation. She was focused and impressed with the assistantship and she didn’t even asked about anything pertaining to financials. Plus I wore a suit (if you say you will come back to a management position, please dress like a manager).

Bonus points: If you haven’t, please watch Suit or Billions before interview, so you can start feeling like Harvey in front of the VO��

Thanks to everyone on this group. Fairheart, you’re just a blessing. My brother Kelvin messaged me in the midnight and told me he said a prayer for me, then I knew I will get it. I appreciate everyone.

Brother, .... I think **** sealed this deal for you. She really took note of ****; and that’s she asked you, “you mean ****?”
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Adejal: 9:08pm On Aug 24, 2021
You're just on time for the application
Kaymanz:

Here is my profile.
CGPA of 4.4 out of 5
No GRE
No TOEFL

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Shuayb0(m): 9:42pm On Aug 24, 2021
It seems so.

EmmyPers:

Does that mean your case was created 2days before your interview?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Shuayb0(m): 9:43pm On Aug 24, 2021
You’re right.
owagbeba:

Brother, .... I think **** sealed this deal for you. She really took note of ****; and that’s she asked you, “you mean ****?”
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Shuayb0(m): 9:45pm On Aug 24, 2021
Can you please share more details. What was the reason for the flight denial?
elegantxxx:
HELLO GOOD PEOPLE,
PLEASE AVOID BOOKING FLIGHT THAT WILL TRANSIT FROM Frankfurt
FRA Frankfurt (FRA), Germany to the US. a lot of people were unable to fly today and had to reschedule.
God Bless you all!!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Gent2nice: 11:20pm On Aug 24, 2021
If your school granted you late resumption, print the email detailing that along with you or the letter that the school has issued to you to grant you late resumption following the interview.

nues012:
Pls I need a response.

My I-20 has resumption date of Aug 18 and I am going for interview on Aug 30. I hope taking I-20 of a backed date won’t affect my chance of being approved?

I have asked before but no one answered, pls do now.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Gent2nice: 11:33pm On Aug 24, 2021
Hi, for someone who just want to go through his D's -160 form for recollection purpose, can he just use the retrieve application?

Moshkom:

Check the attachment below
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Xavious227: 12:24am On Aug 25, 2021
Please i need advice. On my ds-160 form i put in Lagos as intended place for my interview, however i couldn’t find a suitable date in Lagos. I was able to find one in abuja though. I emailed them and and they said i can still use the DS-160 form, but i might have some delays. So should i just do a new ds-160 form to get a new confirmation code or i should stick with this one ?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Pefuele(m): 12:32am On Aug 25, 2021
Shuayb0:
3rd attempt.

*Visa Interview Transcript:*
*School: University of New Hampshire*
*COA: 72k*
*GA: 58k*
*Deficit: 14k*
*Attempt: (3rd attempt )*
*Status* *VISA APPROVED*

V.O: Good morning

Me: Good morning, how are you today?

VO: Didn’t answer

Pass me your I20
Me: Pls have it. (Placed my hands for biometric)

V.O: You’re going to the University of New Hampshire to study business statistics

Me: I corrected her that it’s business analytics.

V.O: I can see you have an assistantship.

Me: Yes

V.O: What do you currently do?

Me: I work as the business intelligence lead at ***, where I collect sales and customer data and use that to create marketing strategy, better target our customers and improve business processes.

V. O: What are you going to do when you return from this program?

Me: I will return and take up the position of Director if Analytics. I already have a written commitment from my organization.

V.O: You mean ****?

Me: Yes ****

V.O: longest 90 seconds if my life typing and clicking. Then the white paper.

*Personal tip:*
If you’ve been refused before, use the comment box to your advantage. I talked about why I think I was refused (financial plan), then explain what has changed like gre, GA and how I will be working with an eccentric professor. So I think this is why I wasn’t asked much questions, cos I already answered some of them with that explanation. She was focused and impressed with the assistantship and she didn’t even asked about anything pertaining to financials. Plus I wore a suit (if you say you will come back to a management position, please dress like a manager).

Bonus points: If you haven’t, please watch Suit or Billions before interview, so you can start feeling like Harvey in front of the VO��

Thanks to everyone on this group. Fairheart, you’re just a blessing. My brother Kelvin messaged me in the midnight and told me he said a prayer for me, then I knew I will get it. I appreciate everyone.

Congrats on your approval. Good-luck in **** in the US.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Pefuele(m): 12:37am On Aug 25, 2021
falilat2021:
Hi Guys, I really need your advice and imput and I am more than ready to do the needful. I want to start school in the US as early as possible -January if possible. I am currently in the US on a long vacation, I studied Estate Management for Bsc and graduated with a 2.6/5 cgpa cry which I am evaluating with WES currently, also I have a gre score of 331. I have 4 years post-nysc experience in real estate firm, the challenge is I really want a full scholarship as I am self funded. I Intend pursuing Masters in finance or business analytics or an Mba, but with my research I dicovered full scholarship on Mba is rare. I reached out to Howard University but learnt that they are switching there Msc Finance to an online course. Guys Nigeria is tired of me and the feeling is mutual....please advice abeggggg

Congrats on that GRE score but why your GPA pale in comparison? If you have years of work experience it can help but a GMAT equivalent score would have been better for the MBA.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Mandex11: 1:12am On Aug 25, 2021
Ok thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by boluslim: 1:56am On Aug 25, 2021
Good morning everyone, someone posted something ago about Illinois institute of technology waiving GRe, TOEFL and app fee, please I'm very much interested and I would like a current student or prospective student of the school to put me through the application process. Please I have all my documents ready and I promise not to be a burden to anyone.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by EmmyPers: 2:07am On Aug 25, 2021
Please I made a booking reservation on travelbeta for Qatar Airways to travel by Sept. 6th. I made a mistake on my middle name. I was told by travelbeta that I needed to rebook. Now the price has been doubled on the booking site. Please has anyone been this situation, can it be corrected if I visit the Qatar Airways office and kindly share any flight booking thread (I've search with no tangible result).

Thank you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Rawly111: 2:57am On Aug 25, 2021
Treat Urgent please

Selected location on my ds160 is Lagos but I have interview at Abuja, will there be any issue

Secondly, My interview date is 10 days after my program starts so I deferred my application to spring 2022 and I just got the new I-20 with resumption on January. Should I go with the old I-20 or the new one
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by pstfrancis(m): 5:33am On Aug 25, 2021
chigozieduru:

Hello. Looks like you’re in the science field and most likely looking to do research since you mentioned PI. No you don’t need to tell her to put in any words for you yet. I’d suggest you reach out to the new professor and indicate your research interest to him/her. You can also include in the mail that “Prof. xxxxx suggested we might be a good fit in terms of research.” Make sure you include your CV/Resume and undergraduate transcript if possible. Best.

Thanks a lot boss.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by pstfrancis(m): 5:34am On Aug 25, 2021
Thanks boss

chigozieduru:

Hello. Looks like you’re in the science field and most likely looking to do research since you mentioned PI. No you don’t need to tell her to put in any words for you yet. I’d suggest you reach out to the new professor and indicate your research interest to him/her. You can also include in the mail that “Prof. xxxxx suggested we might be a good fit in terms of research.” Make sure you include your CV/Resume and undergraduate transcript if possible. Best.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Mickeybook(f): 6:30am On Aug 25, 2021
Hello Great people, I just noticed I have a different place of birth on my Int passport and my submitted form ds 160... Hope this won't affect my chances of getting approval
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Helkayklassic(m): 6:31am On Aug 25, 2021
boluslim:
Good morning everyone, someone posted something ago about Illinois institute of technology waiving GRe, TOEFL and app fee, please I'm very much interested and I would like a current student or prospective student of the school to put me through the application process. Please I have all my documents ready and I promise not to be a burden to anyone.

It is true. Do you need anyone to put you through again? I don’t think so. You already know all what you need to know. Just fill the form, upload necessary documents and have your recommenders to upload theirs. Lobatan

Best wishes.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by obajoey(m): 6:38am On Aug 25, 2021
Any school waiving fee at the moment?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Denc: 7:43am On Aug 25, 2021
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Olaoke16(m): 8:44am On Aug 25, 2021
Rawly111:
Treat Urgent please

Selected location on my ds160 is Lagos but I have interview at Abuja, will there be any issue

Secondly, My interview date is 10 days after my program starts so I deferred my application to spring 2022 and I just got the new I-20 with resumption on January. Should I go with the old I-20 or the new one

When exactly is your interview date? If your interview date falls in September, you can go with the new I-20 for spring.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Olaoke16(m): 8:47am On Aug 25, 2021
EmmyPers:
Please I made a booking reservation on travelbeta for Qatar Airways to travel by Sept. 6th. I made a mistake on my middle name. I was told by travelbeta that I needed to rebook. Now the price has been doubled on the booking site. Please has anyone been this situation, can it be corrected if I visit the Qatar Airways office and kindly share any flight booking thread (I've search with no tangible result).

Thank you.

Check wakanow.com and travelstart too.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (454) (455) (456) (457) (458) (459) (460) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.