Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,919 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:23 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (459) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1639506 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (456) (457) (458) (459) (460) (461) (462) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 3:19pm On Aug 25, 2021
Vavavoom2021:

I think you should look at the course requirements. If you can provide everything then try. I did a google search of all the schools offering my course and applied to each and everyone whose requirements I could met. I just tried, if it works out great, if it doesn’t..you try another
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 3:39pm On Aug 25, 2021
Vavavoom2021:

I think you should look at the course requirements. If you can provide everything then try. I did a google search of all the schools offering my course and applied to each and everyone whose requirements I could met. I just tried, if it works out great, if it doesn’t..you try another

I like your spirit. So enviable

All the best to you, sir

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Vavavoom2021: 3:49pm On Aug 25, 2021
Potbellied:

I like you, already
Your sedulous spirit humbles me so greatly

All the best to you, sir
[quot
Potbellied:

I like your spirit. So enviable

All the best to you, sir
e author=Erudite77 post=105165050]

I like your spirit!

Daring, adventurous, & energy-driven,!

What a go-getter you are!

I wish you all the very best.

Be blessed. [/quote]

Lol..thank you both for the compliment. I am a lady though �. My interview is next month, hoping I get the visa.

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Rawly111: 3:51pm On Aug 25, 2021
Please my interview is tomorrow and I just got a new I-20 because I deferred my resumption to spring 2022 due to the interview Date being late than my resumption. Should I go with the old or new I-20
Jonesdozi:
it depends on your start date, if your start date is January 2022, you will not be able to get an original date before then because all dates have been booked. but you can apply for an emergency within 60 days of your school resumption. Please review your transcript based on the corrections made and try again.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by temibanks(m): 3:56pm On Aug 25, 2021
Hello people.

Please I'm new here.

1. Can someone please lead me to link on the entire process.
2. Can WES Canada evaluation work for schools in the US?
3. Funding options.

Background:
Bsc. Finance 3.67/5 CGPA
5 years post NYSC experience in Finance.
No GRE
IELTS (General)
Applying for Spring 22

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Elcarter5: 3:57pm On Aug 25, 2021
JonSnow23:
Hello Guys,

My school (EIU) starts in January 2022. I applied for an emergency appointment but got denied.
My option is to either apply under Abuja or keep checking at midnight to try my luck to book an appointment.

My people, What do you think?
write to EIU they can give you extension or just go to Abuja and do it.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by rosaparks: 5:19pm On Aug 25, 2021
Hello, please does anyone here know the regulations for travelling to Nigeria as a fully vaccinated Nigerian? Checked out the protocols on https://nitp.ncdc.gov.ng/onboarding/guidelines but there was no mention of vaccinated travellers. Do I still need to undergo quarantine if I travel to Nigeria with proof of complete covid-19 vaccination?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 5:23pm On Aug 25, 2021
Vavavoom2021:
[quote author=Erudite77 post=105165050]

I like your spirit!

Daring, adventurous, & energy-driven,!

What a go-getter you are!

I wish you all the very best.

Be blessed.

Lol..thank you both for the compliment. I am a lady though �. My interview is next month, hoping I get the visa.

May the odds be completely in your favour .

God's grace, we'll be here to read your approval transcript, that day

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Olaolu2005(m): 5:43pm On Aug 25, 2021
Was the Program funded through assistantship or it's self funding
Denuga91:
My interview is about 5weeks times.
Here is my proposed transcript.
Funding: Kill.
VO: Good morning
Me: Good morning sir
VO: Where are you going to in the US.
ME: I'm going to Illinois. State University for my Masters degree in Hydrogeology.
VO: Why Hydrogeology?
ME: I'm a Geoscientist, currently working on Radon Concentration in Groundwater. Hydrogeology will expose me to latest scientific techniques in groundwater treatment like Aeration treatment and Granulated Activated Carbon Treatment, so as to make groundwater safe for domestic, commercial and industry use, especially in bottling companies like Nigerian breweries, coca-cola and host of others.
VO: Why did you chose Illinois State University?
ME: Like I said earlier, I'm working on a research project-Radom concentration in groundwater, I went online to look out for Profs currently working on this project, I met with Dr Peterson I emailed him telling him I'm keen working with him and he encouraged me to apply. Aside from that, Looking at all the schools I applied to, it is only Illinois state university that has public lab designated exclusively for the purpose of research in Radon Conc in ground water.
VO: What will this program do for you?
ME: This program will no doubt improve the quality of my research work when I'm back to Nigeria, especially in areas like Geochemical composition of Radon in groundwater and the geospatial distribution of groundwater in Basement complex environment like Ibadan.
I also want to kick start my career in having my own groundwater treatment plant, I'm looking at partnering with bottling companies like Nigeria Breweries to treat their water before undergoing production.
VO: Who is Sponsoring you?
ME: My Uncle
V.O what does he do?
ME: He is a cyber security officer at XYZ company in Chicago.
V.O: I'll be approving your visa..

Experts in the house, please help me review my transcript. E dakun
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Cronus1: 5:55pm On Aug 25, 2021
Valdi:
PayPal funds $115 from balance can be sent either GnS or FnF.
Rate 420/$ what'sapp 0809 63 24. 889
Scam!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Tomibob: 6:38pm On Aug 25, 2021
elegantxxx:
HELLO GOOD PEOPLE,
PLEASE AVOID BOOKING FLIGHT THAT WILL TRANSIT FROM Frankfurt
FRA Frankfurt (FRA), Germany to the US. a lot of people were unable to fly today and had to reschedule.
God Bless you all!!
Hello, what caused this? Is it the attestation letters?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Gent2nice: 6:49pm On Aug 25, 2021
They will be able to access your ds 160 in Abuja on your interview day. But maybe 1 hour delay. It is explained in their website now

Xavious227:
Please i need advice. On my ds-160 form i put in Lagos as intended place for my interview, however i couldn’t find a suitable date in Lagos. I was able to find one in abuja though. I emailed them and and they said i can still use the DS-160 form, but i might have some delays. So should i just do a new ds-160 form to get a new confirmation code or i should stick with this one ?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ladeonas: 6:51pm On Aug 25, 2021
Bamdaniels:
Good morning guys,please I need clarification on this matter.My class start date on I-20 states August 30th meanwhile the appointment date I was able to schedule is August 31st.Is it okay I go for the interview with my previous I-20 or do I need to request another one or an extension letter would do?

Go for your interview with God. plan to travel immediately you get your passport back
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ladeonas: 6:55pm On Aug 25, 2021
[quote author=Stalon99 post=103798690]Date: 15/07/2021
Time: 8am

VO: Good morning sir
Me: Good morning

VO: I can see you are going to Bowie state University for your masters degree in computer science is that right?
Me: Yes, I'm actually going to continue my program, I did the Spring semester online.

VO: Ok this is your first time going to resume in-person?
Me: Yes

VO: where do you work
Me: I work as a web developer in xyz Company where we build and deploy tech solutions to business individuals and NGOs, we are basically into web development, mobile app development both android and IOS, software development.. ( VO cuts in)

VO: are you going to come and work with them after graduation
Me: I will come back and continue as a senior web developer.

Everything was going fine until the VO saw that my school is located in the same city where my sponsor lives��‍♂️��‍♂️��‍♂️
That has been the red flag in my profile but I ve been praying for miracle. I didn't have the information on time.

VO: Who is sponsoring you
Me: My brother Dr xyz will be sponsoring me. ( VO already saw his address in my DS-160 I guess)

VO: where does ur brother live
Me: I now knew I'm in trouble. He lives in xyz, He is a US citizen.

That was where she lost interest I guessed. She typed for about 15 seconds and denied me. No further question.
��‍♂️��‍♂️��‍♂️��‍♂️��‍♂️��‍♂️

Gurus in the house please what do I do now. Do I change school to another state? Pls I need advice[/

its in your record now, so you would need more proof that you are coming back

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Valdi: 7:35pm On Aug 25, 2021
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by owagbeba: 8:26pm On Aug 25, 2021
Stella03:
Good afternoon all,I had my visa interview denied on August 19th at Abuja,I was interviewed by a white lady

VO;I see you’re going to Wayne county community college for an associate degree in Gerontology
Me;Yes please
VO;what’s your plan after your associate degree?
Me;I plan to transfer to Wayne state university for my Bsc and then after do my Masters in Gerontology
VO;alright,very good,so what next when you return to Nigeria
Me;I plan to start up a retirement home and also work in collaboration with NGOs and I was opportune to attend a conference organized by a very popular NGO COSROPIN on August 14th and it was all we should know about cancer in older persons.......
VO:when did you graduate from high school?
Me;I graduated from high school 2017
VO;what have you been doing since then’
Me;I did skill acquisition for a year and went for computer lessons for another year before the pandemic then after I lost my dad and things were difficult for us at that point and so as my tradition states as the first girl child I had to stay with my mom throughout the burial process
VO;I’m so sorry (pointing to my I-20)who will be sponsoring you?
Me;my mom Mrs xxxxx Bleep will be sponsoring me
VO;what does she do?
Me;she’s a managing director in an oil company in delta state and she’s also currently in charge of my dad’s filling station
VO;okay very nice but sorry I won’t be granting your visa please reapply again......

I don’t seem to identify what went wrong.

Sister, if you had presented this transcript here for evaluation before this interview, folks here would have helped you get a lot right.

When the VO said, “ all right, very good” I knew the whole interview was looking negative.

You graduated in 2017. You went for a computer lesson and skill acquisition rather than going to University. 2017 to 2020 still no university. You lost your dad and couldn’t go to a tertiary school but your mom (sponsor) is working as a director of an oil company.... how “head-spinning” can this narrative get? Didnt you see you are contradicting yourself? No dad... no university but wealthy mom.

Ko le work!

5 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Stella03: 8:34pm On Aug 25, 2021
owagbeba:

Sister, if you had presented this transcript here for evaluation before this interview, folks here would have helped you get a lot right.

When the VO said, “ all right, very good” I knew the whole interview was looking negative.

You graduated in 2017. You went for a computer lesson and skill acquisition rather than going to University. 2017 to 2020 still no university. You lost your dad and couldn’t go to a tertiary school but your mom (sponsor) is working as a director of an oil company.... how “head-spinning” can this narrative get? Didnt you see you are contradicting yourself? No dad... no university but wealthy mom.

Ko le work!

Sorry,but that was basically what I did,what was I supposed say??
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by owagbeba: 8:37pm On Aug 25, 2021
[quote author=ladeonas post=105175644][/quote]

Honestly, it was looking good till it got to the question of sponsorship. It would have been a success story if not for the sponsor part. I think you should reapply.

May be same course different school....

Many here have indicated that having a sponsor in the same city is a red flag.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by owagbeba: 8:43pm On Aug 25, 2021
Stella03:

Sorry,but that was basically what I did,what was I supposed say??

Please don’t go the pity route. These VOs are not in the business of having pity for applicants.

Your biggest hurdle is what you did from 2017 to 2021. If you can get this part right.. all good.

Keep it simple... your mom is your sponsor and works as a director at xyz oil company. If xyz is a well known firm, better for you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Stella03: 9:05pm On Aug 25, 2021
owagbeba:

Please don’t go the pity route. These VOs are not in the business of having pity for applicants.

Your biggest hurdle is what you did from 2017 to 2021. If you can get this part right.. all good.

Keep it simple... your mom is your sponsor and works as a director at xyz oil company. If xyz is a well known firm, better for you

I got that,thank you,i appreciate.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by boluslim: 9:30pm On Aug 25, 2021
Vavavoom2021:

Yes they are waiving. I applied there but got rejected on the grounds of low GP. Just make sure your OFFICIAL transcript is uploaded by your school. You will need to send the link to someone in exams and records who will upload it for you and you need one reference letter too…maybe the number of reference letter can vary based on the course you are going for.
I'm sorry about your denial and congratulations on your new admission too, please if you don't mind I'd like to send you a mail please so we can talk better, I really need your guidance. I would also like to know if I will need to secure a supervisor first or I will apply directly.
N.B: I have 4.2/5 GPA and the transcript I have is official cos my school doesn't give student copy so I had to pay for official transcript which I have the soft copy in my mail.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Amelia13: 10:04pm On Aug 25, 2021
Hi everyone, I'm a new member. Please, what is the admission decision timeline for graduate application at the University of Mississippi (Ole Miss)? Mississippi peeps please I'll appreciate a response.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ajaxa: 10:17pm On Aug 25, 2021
Good evening house. Please anyone with information about covid 19 test center in Ibadan. Please it's urgent
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Lyna2015: 10:39pm On Aug 25, 2021
Hello Everyone,

Am new here and have taken my time to read lots of comments. It so nice to know this type of platform exists. Kindly assist as am so

frustrated with my search for school and course to study in the USA. I have my masters degree in Human Resources and currently works in HR. But relocation is on my mind. Kindly assist me with the following clarifications:
- what Lucrative PHD course can you recommend for me to study in the USA.
- Which school will you advice.
- Is there scholarship available for it?
Thanks so much as l await your kind responses.
Regards,
Petty.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ajaxa: 10:51pm On Aug 25, 2021
Please help on this ooo. It's very urgent please
Ajaxa:
Good evening house. Please anyone with information about covid 19 test center in Ibadan. Please it's urgent
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by emmanuelle27: 10:51pm On Aug 25, 2021
Stella03:
Good afternoon all,I had my visa interview denied on August 19th at Abuja,I was interviewed by a white lady

VO;I see you’re going to Wayne county community college for an associate degree in Gerontology
Me;Yes please
Me;I plan to transfer to Wayne state university for my Bsc and then after do my Masters in Gerontology
Me;I plan to start up a retirement home and also work in collaboration with NGOs and I was opportune to attend a conference organized by a very popular NGO COSROPIN on August 14th and it was all we should know about cancer in older persons.......
Me;I did skill acquisition for a year and went for computer lessons for another year before the pandemic then after I lost my dad and things were difficult for us at that point and so as my tradition states as the first girl child I had to stay with my mom throughout the burial process
VO;what does she do?
Me;she’s a managing director in an oil company in delta state and she’s also currently in charge of my dad’s filling station
VO;okay very nice but sorry I won’t be granting your visa please reapply again......

Basically VOs can understand when you go from community college to a university because that's a normal rout for people who couldn't go to the university directly but adding that you'll go on for masters is a No! No! Says you're not too willing to return after your program, Secondly talking about you Dad's death plus the resulting difficulty and at the same time going to the United States for studies ( obviously without scholarship) puts u at a disadvantage, keep it simple next time, your mum who works in xyz is your sponsor, hopefully the VO wouldn't have made a damning remark on your profile about your ability to fund ur studies, good luck to you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ObamaMessi: 10:53pm On Aug 25, 2021
Stella03:

Yeah things were difficult because we were trying to adjust to the fact that my dad is no longer in the picture and then my mom had to pause her job at that point.
I'm a complete novice, but these may be the reasons for your denial:
1)the vo wouldn't understand that and might have thought you mean financial difficulty.
2)you said you'll proceed to a university still in the us(I guess) for masters, that may also be a contributing factor to your denial.Wish you success on your next trial.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UAVdrones: 10:58pm On Aug 25, 2021
I went through the school's associate programs, but I didn't see gerontology in the school's list. When I checked the meaning of gerontology, it means the study of physical aspects of ageing, which means you'll be studying the physical aspect of ageing for two years. Did you think about what this gerontology will do for you before selecting it? I even doubt gerontology exist in that school. Sincerely, to the VO, you don't seem like a credible student. At the interview, your story isn't coherent. Your response at the interview also indicates you won't be returning to Nigeria. I'll advise you take a step back, make corrections and try again.
Stella03:

Me;Yes please
VO;what does she do?

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by emmanuelle27: 10:59pm On Aug 25, 2021
boluslim:

I'm sorry about your denial and congratulations on your new admission too, please if you don't mind I'd like to send you a mail please so we can talk better, I really need your guidance. I would also like to know if I will need to secure a supervisor first or I will apply directly.
N.B: I have 4.2/5 GPA and the transcript I have is official cos my school doesn't give student copy so I had to pay for official transcript which I have the soft copy in my mail.
Any Transcript you submit by yourself during an application is considered unofficial regardless, it can only be considered official when it was submitted directly by your school through which ever medium they deem fit, u can apply with it to some schools though, but upon admission and acceptance you'll have to have your school submit another one directly to them for authentication, personally I avoid schools that ask for official copy during application process to save cost

6 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Amelia13: 11:06pm On Aug 25, 2021
Please it is urgent, I'll appreciate a response.
Amelia13:
Hi everyone, I'm a new member. Please, what is the admission decision timeline for graduate application at the University of Mississippi (Ole Miss)? Mississippi peeps please I'll appreciate a response.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ObamaMessi: 11:08pm On Aug 25, 2021
[quote author=ladeonas post=105175644][/quote]I'm not a guru, bt this's my advice: apply to another school in a different location.You dnt need to go as far as saying he's a U S citizen.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Oluwacolded: 11:10pm On Aug 25, 2021
Hello house I have decided to take the TOEFL test. Please who who can recommend websites or material I can use to practice. I intend to enrol for the home based TOELF test. I want to sacrifice one week to study and do the test, is this plan feasible?

(1) (2) (3) ... (456) (457) (458) (459) (460) (461) (462) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

Viewing this topic: 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.