Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,256 members, 7,815,395 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:44 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (49) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1642626 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by pompeiimagnus: 2:30am On Feb 28, 2021
Joclins:

So I applied to 4 schools for undergrad and all gave me admission but only 3 gave partial scholarships for undergraduate studies. I want a school that will be a plus for me during the interview and will reduce unneccssary fouls.

Your financial support would be very important since most undergrad programs take at least 3 years to complete. That should be your major concern. You can easily choose any school based on how you like the program there.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by TaiwoBints: 9:05am On Feb 28, 2021
H
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by TrillionBrains(m): 11:25am On Feb 28, 2021
Redmi007:
Hello everyone.

Please for those that applied for undergraduate programs. How were you able to Submit your Academic Records (WAEC) because The University of Houston's website says "We prefer these to be submitted electronically through your school counselor via email or the Common Application. They can also be sent by mail to 4434 University Drive, Houston, TX 77204."

Hey man!
Sorry for the late response.

For schools that prefer the docs to be sent electronically through your school. Just do as @Curios2020 said

Invite your counselor or any school rep responsible for that through filling out his email and phone number on the common app then he'll be able to upload it as a PDF or DOCX file through a link which will be sent to him.

However, most schools whose application are through the school website might require you the applicant to submit unofficial copy for now.

Please how were you able to do it thanks...also can NECO be used in place of WAEC

cc
TrillionBrains
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by TrillionBrains(m): 11:52am On Feb 28, 2021
Hey guys, what do y’all make of UG schools asking for enrollment deposits before issuance of I20?
It’s really weird they ask for this even after authenticating my financial docs. I need your views on this please
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Profitboss(m): 1:26pm On Feb 28, 2021
Good day all,

Pls help with schools with Masters degree in

* Supply Chain Management, Or

* Transport & Distribution Mgt. Or

* Logistics Mgt
I already got one school but need like 2/3 more for me to start the process same time

Thanks as i await your responses.....

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by mvem(m): 2:48pm On Feb 28, 2021
Anyone in Uni of Missouri- Columbia, I wish to ask some few questions
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Legit215(m): 3:38pm On Feb 28, 2021
What degree are you planning to do.
Have you taken the SAT, what's your GPA.
Try out mainly HBCU there's funding
Look for schools between $20000-30000 at least even given partial scholarship you can stand well, without breaking down to fees. Those schools as well has good acceptance rate.
Redmi007:

Hello sir,

please i am searching for schools i can apply to for UG programs, so far i have seen that i can meet middle tennessee school and university of Houston requirement.

with your experiences in these, i can know if you can recommend schools with minimal requirements for me.

please i anticipate your reply.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Judee99(m): 4:43pm On Feb 28, 2021
Yetitilayo:
Hello, got admit too and no information on funding. what program?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Josonas: 5:45pm On Feb 28, 2021
Yetitilayo:
Hello everyone,

I'm new here
Please I just got admitted into University of Delaware for fall 2021 without funding but was later offered dean Scholarship of 25% tuition remission. I need advice on what to do?
I sent mail to other departments in my college for available graduate positions but yet to secure one.
What course please?
Did you get a PI?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Krissy01(f): 6:37pm On Feb 28, 2021
Does anyone know where I can find an immigration lawyer/consultant pls, it's urgent
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by NoTimeZone(m): 7:39pm On Feb 28, 2021
TrillionBrains:
Hey guys, what do y’all make of UG schools asking for enrollment deposits before issuance of I20?
It’s really weird they ask for this even after authenticating my financial docs. I need your views on this please
Request for enrollment fee deferral from your school
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by KingsmanMonarch: 8:47pm On Feb 28, 2021
[quote author=brainnny post=99469918]

Hello Fairheart, trust you're good. Please i scheduled my USA interview for next month and paid the DS-160 fee of $160 but I discovered that I still need to pay a SEVIS or form i-901 again....Please I'm new on Nairaland and will need your help. Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by fairheart(m): 8:55pm On Feb 28, 2021
[quote author=KingsmanMonarch post=99493149][/quote]
You can send me a message. Will be able to assist with that.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nostradamus1: 8:58pm On Feb 28, 2021
TrillionBrains:
It enables then ensure that you are fully committed towards the school.
BTW, it is a long established rule

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by fairheart(m): 8:59pm On Feb 28, 2021
Aviva112:
Mr. Fairheart please when will you start mock interviews for students of Fall 2021?
Available per request. Currently preparing two students for Summer 2021. I am not really free at this time, but trying my best.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by fairheart(m): 9:00pm On Feb 28, 2021
Gre study materials sent to new email address under my mention. I wish you all the best.

How is admission and funding for fall 2021 coming?
Please share your experience and the schools you've received funding from.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nostradamus1: 9:01pm On Feb 28, 2021
Joclins:
Hello everyone here,
Been a while.

So I applied to 4 schools for undergrad and all gave me admission but only 3 gave partial scholarships for undergraduate studies.

Southwestern University: deficit 40k after Scholarship
Western Illinois University: deficit 23k after scholarship
University of Lynchburg. Deficit 33k after Scholarship

I already provided neccessary documents to all for I-20 processing.
...but I want to ask from the experienced guys here, please, which of these three schools I-20 do you suggest I use for my Visa application?

I want a school that will be a plus for me during the interview and will reduce unneccssary fouls.

Thanks.
None brother unless your parents can comfortably cater for the fees and you throughout 4 years.
The deficit is so much that you can't work and earn the money in US. So go for the one with smaller deficit and save yourself from debts.

Western Illinois has a good enough program though

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nostradamus1: 9:04pm On Feb 28, 2021
Sehraa:
Hello all, I hope that I get some answers here. I am just feeling a bit frustrated.

I got admitted to a PhD program in Public Health in the US last year March with full funding and a monthly stipend. The school sent me an electronic I20 which I used to fill out the application for my visa interview. I filled out the DS 160 in June 2020, and first of all the earliest date I could get for an interview was 12th November, I went ahead to schedule the appointment, hoping I would apply for an expedited appointment which was eventually denied. 12th November is way beyond the start date of my program scheduled for 4th of August 2020.

I decided to defer my admission to August 2021, then I got an email sometime close to 12th November saying my appointment was cancelled, I wasn't too bothered. The earliest date I saw was 24th March 2021 which I quickly scheduled. The school has already sent me a new I20 for fall 2021, after editing and updating my DS160 just today, I decided to update my application ID on my appointment schedule, only for me to see that my appointment was cancelled again with earliest date in April, 20th April 2021. I was hoping to start early to avoid complications.

What could be the reason for all these cancellations? Can anyone advise me on what to do next? I have gone ahead to schedule for April 20th 2021, but I am afraid that it will be cancelled again. Someone suggested I used an agent, I am confused, please help.

I look forward to responses. Thanks.
Go ahead and schedule as the cancelations are not targeted at you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nostradamus1: 9:05pm On Feb 28, 2021
Krissy01:
Hi guys so i recently just started my journey to schooling in US after Canada refused me visa twice someone advised me to come here for help. so I was going through all the threads and am confused like all the info's are scattered so can someone pls email me:Mercykrissy1@gmail.com I have Alot of questions to ask pls it's urgent. but first things first for the people that have travelled to the US is it worth or should I try another country?
US is not worth it sha
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by horlahsunbo225(m): 9:20pm On Feb 28, 2021
fairheart:
Gre study materials sent to new email address under my mention. I wish you all the best.

This admission cycle is very competitive and everybody is struggling to get a space, another issue is funding due to budget cut

Anyways out 6 six schools that I applied to, only one decision yet(positive but not saying anything about funding).......Finger crossed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Lordsagna: 10:37pm On Feb 28, 2021
Hello gud evening....I need your help on this, I'm taking SAT exam but they said we need photo ID when I checked it means international passport so there's of 32 page and also 64 page I'm confused on the one to choose also what's the cost?.
can you also help on school to apply for pre medical ?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by LagosismyHome(f): 10:54pm On Feb 28, 2021
Lordsagna:
Hello gud evening....I need your help on this, I'm taking SAT exam but they said we need photo ID when I checked it means international passport so there's of 32 page and also 64 page I'm confused on the one to choose also what's the cost?.

Passport is passport irrespective of the number of pages and yes you need one to take the SAT. so go get one. The 32 pages is fine

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Lordsagna: 11:02pm On Feb 28, 2021
LagosismyHome:

Passport is passport irrespective of the number of pages and yes you need one to take the SAT. so go get one. The 32 pages is fine
Alright ma'am, what of school to apply for pre medical?...how much should I budget for the 32-page
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by TJ0987(f): 11:28pm On Feb 28, 2021
I applied to 4 schools. So far, 3 rejections and 1 pending decision. Fingers crossed...

fairheart:

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Stevenssen(m): 1:54am On Mar 01, 2021
TJ0987:
I applied to 4 schools. So far, 3 rejections and 1 pending decision. Fingers crossed...

Can you apply to at least two more schools?
You still have time to send in applications for fall and waiting on only one school is risky.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Chonco: 2:26am On Mar 01, 2021
TJ0987:

How's your statement of Purpose?

You need to apply to more schools
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Chonco: 2:30am On Mar 01, 2021
Lordsagna:

Don't apply for 32 pages if you really need the passport asap because 32 pages are unavailable at the moment.
And secondly, make sure your NIN is correct - ensure the names are properly arranged.
So, start the process now - either DIY or express method.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Joclins: 6:52am On Mar 01, 2021
pompeiimagnus:

Your financial support would be very important since most undergrad programs take at least 3 years to complete. That should be your major concern. You can easily choose any school based on how you like the program there.

My financial support is capable for my first year with extra $10k available after first year if I chose to go for WIU. I may apply for full scholarship to another uni through transfer once I finish my first year at WIU.
Course is Biochemistry.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by TJ0987(f): 8:14am On Mar 01, 2021
I would love to, however, the process of searching for faculty members who might be interested in taking me on (for supervision), isn't exactly a straight forward one. I mean finding a member of faculty whose research focus is in line with what I also want to do.
Stevenssen:

Can you apply to at least two more schools?
You still have time to send in applications for fall and waiting on only one school is risky.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by TJ0987(f): 8:15am On Mar 01, 2021
Okay I guess, but I really don't know, maybe you can tell me.
Chonco:

How's your statement of Purpose?

You need to apply to more schools
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Debbss: 8:26am On Mar 01, 2021
Sehraa:

What could be the reason for all these cancellations? Can anyone advise me on what to do next? I have gone ahead to schedule for April 20th 2021, but I am afraid that it will be cancelled again. Someone suggested I used an agent, I am confused, please help.

I look forward to responses. Thanks.

Please @everybody talking about cancellations, be sure it was really cancelled and not rescheduled cos I thought mine was cancelled too when I received a mail from them seeing how people have been talking bout cancellations here until I read the mail and got the information that it was rescheduled and not cancelled
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by godguy: 8:42am On Mar 01, 2021
AyoOla20:
Good Afternoon,Any BGSU Fall 2021 potential student in the house?

hello,

I just started filling the application form. Do they have financial support, aid, GA or scholarship for international students?

(1) (2) (3) ... (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.