Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,541 members, 7,819,924 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:53 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (48) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1647587 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by degxyflexy: 7:54pm On Feb 26, 2021
Please, anyone going to Liberty University, Lynchburg, VA for fall 2021 session?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by kikky91(m): 8:48pm On Feb 26, 2021
Thanks baba........ �
Moshkom:

Scan ALL; turn to PDF file and send to them boss.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Redmi007: 11:37pm On Feb 26, 2021
Malone122:

Those schools are expensive with high deficit
Apply to cheaper schools unless you are getting funding !!!
Look at Minnesota they got cheaper schools there

Baba thanks for this direction, I really appreciate...

It will really help me narrow down my search...

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Futuragetty: 5:14am On Feb 27, 2021
Redmi007:

Hello sir,

please i am searching for schools i can apply to for UG programs, so far i have seen that i can meet middle tennessee school and university of Houston requirement.

with your experiences in these, i can know if you can recommend schools with minimal requirements for me.

please I anticipate your reply.
The good news is, test scores are optional this year. However, I suggest you focus your search on Hbcu`s. You have to meet their entry requirements too. Good luck!

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ilerioluwa02: 6:24am On Feb 27, 2021
Hello, please can someone assist on the checklist of things that should be done this time if one is planning to travel to the UK by next weekend. Thanks. Is it just the covid-19 test and ticket?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by MOwasola58(m): 7:13am On Feb 27, 2021
Good morning . I'm about helping someone pay for application fee , the school require application fee to be paid with credit card . Please how I am to go about that since I all I have is debit card
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Yetitilayo: 7:57am On Feb 27, 2021
Hello everyone,

I'm new here
Please I just got admitted into University of Delaware for fall 2021 without funding but was later offered dean Scholarship of 25% tuition remission. I need advice on what to do?
I sent mail to other departments in my college for available graduate positions but yet to secure one.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Progress2468(m): 8:19am On Feb 27, 2021
Good Morning Seniors in the house.

I just completed my Msc in Management from Niger Delta University, Bayelsa State. My thesis was on Psychological Contract and Organisational Citizenship Behaviour.

While Searching for a suitable school for PhD studies I came across Chicago School of Professional Psychology, (no GRE required) and i meet the PhD Business Psychology (Industrial and Organisational Psychology Path) requirements.

I'm very green in this whole process, I don't know the next step to take, how to apply for funding, they were also talking about transcript evaluation which I don't really understand.

Please help
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Babyboy2020: 12:10pm On Feb 27, 2021
whats your mail?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Chonco: 1:40pm On Feb 27, 2021
Yetitilayo:
Hello everyone,

I'm new here
Please I just got admitted into University of Delaware for fall 2021 without funding but was later offered dean Scholarship of 25% tuition remission. I need advice on what to do?
I sent mail to other departments in my college for available graduate positions but yet to secure one.

You've sent a mail already, so wait for responses from the Cordinators.

What's the tuition and what's the amount of the scholarship?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Chonco: 1:41pm On Feb 27, 2021
MOwasola58:
Good morning . I'm about helping someone pay for application fee , the school require application fee to be paid with credit card . Please how I am to go about that since I all I have is debit card

Try and see if it'll work with your ATM card.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ifedayosol(m): 3:08pm On Feb 27, 2021
Good afternoon all. Congrat to all that got the visa application approved.

Is there anyone here that applied with spouse and kids alongside with his/her own and all was approved
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Yetitilayo: 7:57pm On Feb 27, 2021
Chonco:

You've sent a mail already, so wait for responses from the Cordinators.

What's the tuition and what's the amount of the scholarship?

Okay, Thank you
The tuition is about 35000 dollars.
With the tuition remission, I'm left with 25 623 dollars
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Joclins: 8:21pm On Feb 27, 2021
Hello everyone here,
Been a while.

So I applied to 4 schools for undergrad and all gave me admission but only 3 gave partial scholarships for undergraduate studies.

Southwestern University: deficit 40k after Scholarship
Western Illinois University: deficit 23k after scholarship
University of Lynchburg. Deficit 33k after Scholarship

I already provided neccessary documents to all for I-20 processing.
...but I want to ask from the experienced guys here, please, which of these three schools I-20 do you suggest I use for my Visa application?

I want a school that will be a plus for me during the interview and will reduce unneccssary fouls.

Thanks.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Greatadams: 9:07pm On Feb 27, 2021
Hello house ... my brother is a bachelor degree holder what the best way do you recommend to be able to get the United state
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by brainnny(m): 9:08pm On Feb 27, 2021
fairheart:
GRE study materials sent to those who dropped their email address.
Check your messages to confirm.

Hello Fairheart, trust you're good. I'd sincerely appreciate if u send the GRE Study Materials to femi.successaddict@gmail.com

Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Chonco: 9:11pm On Feb 27, 2021
Joclins:
Hello everyone here,
Been a while.

So I applied to 4 schools for undergrad and all gave me admission but only 3 gave partial scholarships for undergraduate studies.

Southwestern University: deficit 40k after Scholarship
Western Illinois University: deficit 23k after scholarship
University of Lynchburg. Deficit 33k after Scholarship

I already provided neccessary documents to all for I-20 processing.
...but I want to ask from the experienced guys here, please, which of these three schools I-20 do you suggest I use for my Visa application?

I want a school that will be a plus for me during the interview and will reduce unneccssary fouls.

Thanks.

All are good. It depends on choice; financial capacity.
WIU is a very good school.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Denuga91: 9:35pm On Feb 27, 2021
Hello everyone.
Does this mean I'll be taking 32credit hour classes per year?.
Or does it mean the whole program for two years is 32 credit hours?

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UgwuanyiM: 10:06pm On Feb 27, 2021
Denuga91:
Hello everyone.

Hi, which Geography program / University is this?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Joclins: 10:49pm On Feb 27, 2021
Chonco:

All are good. It depends on choice; financial capacity.
WIU is a very good school.

Thanks.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Denuga91: 10:52pm On Feb 27, 2021
UgwuanyiM:

Hi, which Geography program / University is this?
Hydrogeology program.
Illinois State University
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Sehraa: 10:55pm On Feb 27, 2021
Hello all, I hope that I get some answers here. I am just feeling a bit frustrated.

I got admitted to a PhD program in Public Health in the US last year March with full funding and a monthly stipend. The school sent me an electronic I20 which I used to fill out the application for my visa interview. I filled out the DS 160 in June 2020, and first of all the earliest date I could get for an interview was 12th November, I went ahead to schedule the appointment, hoping I would apply for an expedited appointment which was eventually denied. 12th November is way beyond the start date of my program scheduled for 4th of August 2020.

I decided to defer my admission to August 2021, then I got an email sometime close to 12th November saying my appointment was cancelled, I wasn't too bothered. The earliest date I saw was 24th March 2021 which I quickly scheduled. The school has already sent me a new I20 for fall 2021, after editing and updating my DS160 just today, I decided to update my application ID on my appointment schedule, only for me to see that my appointment was cancelled again with earliest date in April, 20th April 2021. I was hoping to start early to avoid complications.

What could be the reason for all these cancellations? Can anyone advise me on what to do next? I have gone ahead to schedule for April 20th 2021, but I am afraid that it will be cancelled again. Someone suggested I used an agent, I am confused, please help.

I look forward to responses. Thanks.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 10:56pm On Feb 27, 2021
Denuga91:
Hello everyone.
Its for the two years.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UgwuanyiM: 11:17pm On Feb 27, 2021
Denuga91:

Hydrogeology program.
Illinois State University

Okay �
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Sehraa: 11:34pm On Feb 27, 2021
chibertha:
Looks like all April was canceled.

I got an opening for 20th April 2021
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by kastgeraldino: 11:48pm On Feb 27, 2021
First of all, if you apply the 120-day rule, then there is no way you can have your interview in March or even April 20. The earliest date you can interview should be the last week of April. Many of us also got our interviews for last week of April cancelled.

Sehraa:
Hello all, I hope that I get some answers here. I am just feeling a bit frustrated.

I got admitted to a PhD program in Public Health in the US last year March with full funding and a monthly stipend. The school sent me an electronic I20 which I used to fill out the application for my visa interview. I filled out the DS 160 in June 2020, and first of all the earliest date I could get for an interview was 12th November, I went ahead to schedule the appointment, hoping I would apply for an expedited appointment which was eventually denied. 12th November is way beyond the start date of my program scheduled for 4th of August 2020.

I decided to defer my admission to August 2021, then I got an email sometime close to 12th November saying my appointment was cancelled, I wasn't too bothered. The earliest date I saw was 24th March 2021 which I quickly scheduled. The school has already sent me a new I20 for fall 2021, after editing and updating my DS160 just today, I decided to update my application ID on my appointment schedule, only for me to see that my appointment was cancelled again with earliest date in April, 20th April 2021. I was hoping to start early to avoid complications.

What could be the reason for all these cancellations? Can anyone advise me on what to do next? I have gone ahead to schedule for April 20th 2021, but I am afraid that it will be cancelled again. Someone suggested I used an agent, I am confused, please help.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Iriabay: 11:52pm On Feb 27, 2021
Krissy01:
Hi guys so i recently just started my journey to schooling in US after Canada refused me visa twice someone advised me to come here for help. so I was going through all the threads and am confused like all the info's are scattered so can someone pls email me:Mercykrissy1@gmail.com I have Alot of questions to ask pls it's urgent. but first things first for the people that have travelled to the US is it worth or should I try another country?
If US isn't worth it,then no other country is☹️☹️
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Chonco: 11:56pm On Feb 27, 2021
Sehraa:

Find a date in May or June and book.
The agents are not CGI administrators, so do it yourself.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Sehraa: 2:25am On Feb 28, 2021
kastgeraldino:
First of all, if you apply the 120-day rule, then there is no way you can have your interview in March or even April 20. The earliest date you can interview should be the last week of April. Many of us also got our interviews for last week of April cancelled.

Thank you so much. This is very helpful.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Sehraa: 2:26am On Feb 28, 2021
Chonco:

Find a date in May or June and book.
The agents are not CGI administrators, so do it yourself.

Thank you so much for your response.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by pompeiimagnus: 2:27am On Feb 28, 2021
Denuga91:
Hello everyone.

US programs are based on total credit hours. So, yes, 32 credit hours for 2 years if you chose the non-thesis track.

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.