Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,100 members, 7,818,287 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:03 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (487) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1645867 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (484) (485) (486) (487) (488) (489) (490) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nicolars(m): 4:35pm On Sep 14, 2021
Amazingoreofe:
Please can you help with lost of schools in US that accept lower grades- third class with high GRE 337

Wawu

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by LadyCaty(f): 4:53pm On Sep 14, 2021
Kentos13:
can I pay visa fee with Gtb mobile app?
And if yes, pls what are the procedures to follow?

Yes you can..
Go to your mobile app,go to payments,click on visa fees and follow the prompts..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Kelex062: 5:09pm On Sep 14, 2021
Kentos13:
can I pay visa fee with Gtb mobile app?
And if yes, pls what are the procedures to follow?
I only know of the process on the GTWorld app
1) On the home screen, click on "Payment".
2) You would see "Visa Fees" as one of the payment options, click on it.
3) Fill the form appropriately.
After the payment has been confirmed you would receive an email (to the email address you used to open the GTBank account) with the MRV fee receipt

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Kentos13: 5:24pm On Sep 14, 2021
Thanks so much for the response
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ajaxa: 5:27pm On Sep 14, 2021
Please my sister has been to the US twice on visiting visa and returned. Now she just finished her waec and has good grades last year. She intends to study medicine at Bowen university but we also suggest trying F1 visa for her for schools offering medicine in united States, can anyone help with schools that offer medicine for undergraduate. What is her chance of securing the F1 visa. Please advice. She is just 17 years old now.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 6:20pm On Sep 14, 2021
Amazingoreofe:
thank you

Good luck to us.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Kizito55: 6:30pm On Sep 14, 2021
Good Evening House, Please how one start an application for a student visa in U.S.A?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Upton: 6:32pm On Sep 14, 2021
Hey please I just want to ask and it may sound funny. Are there schools that offer considerable scholarship or funding opportunities to undergraduate students? Also, can someone help with list of schools with affordable tuition fees in the US. I've been trying to find some online but it seems undergraduate education is pretty expensive in the US
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Temmrow: 6:43pm On Sep 14, 2021
[quote author=ashraf267 post=105803569][/quote]

Thanks so much, I appreciate your response
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Temmrow: 6:51pm On Sep 14, 2021
[quote author=ashraf267 post=105803569][/quote]

Pls do you have an idea of affordable school for graduate (Masters) in the USA

Many thanks as I await your response
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Bibbzy(m): 6:55pm On Sep 14, 2021
Please i suppose to resume for my FALL2 in October 18 but since then couldn’t get a date, i Apply for emergency Appointments and i didnt see any Available Date till now

Please note that this Emergency appointment approval is only valid until Sep 10, 2021. If you do not schedule your appointment within this period you will no longer qualify for the Emergency appointment.

Please what can i do
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Bibbzy(m): 6:56pm On Sep 14, 2021
Bibbzy:
Please i suppose to resume for my FALL2 in October 18 but since then couldn’t get a date, i Apply for emergency Appointments and i didnt see any Available Date till now

Please note that this Emergency appointment approval is only valid until Sep 10, 2021. If you do not schedule your appointment within this period you will no longer qualify for the Emergency appointment.

Please what can i do
Please what can i do
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Abiodunakinade2(f): 7:12pm On Sep 14, 2021
Please can i talk to you privately?
UAVdrones:
Selected what? Did you give an honest answer? Well, I just confirmed that appointment Dates has always been available. I think you should send a mail to the support team on Monday during working hours.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Erudite77: 7:40pm On Sep 14, 2021
PLEASE ANYONE CONCERNED SHOULD REPLY.

I've been on this platform for nearly two months. Yet I can't see anyone applying for language courses, especially English.

I've gone through this part 16 from the beginning to 90, no applications for language courses at all.

I will be grateful if any applicants who applied for language courses can signify.

This is the second time I've asked this question.

It seems graduate schools are dominated by science and social sciences.

Same thing I observed on LinkedIn.

Thanks in anticipation.

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ashraf267(m): 7:55pm On Sep 14, 2021
Temmrow:

Not at all sir.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by haywhy17(m): 8:18pm On Sep 14, 2021
well, I think you wrong. Someone has posted about English studies here and with funding. She also got her Visa approved.

Erudite77:

I've been on this platform for nearly two months. Yet I can't see anyone applying for language courses, especially English.

I've gone through this part 16 from the beginning to 90, no applications for language courses at all.

I will be grateful if any applicants who applied for language courses can signify.

Thanks in anticipation.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Erudite77: 8:19pm On Sep 14, 2021
haywhy17:
well, I think you wrong. Someone has posted about English studies here and with funding. She also got her Visa approved.

Wow!

Master's?

I've not come across any.

Oh! I remember. I saw someone who posted on behalf of a friend. But I never took him serious because he was so economical with details.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by uchennangene(f): 8:42pm On Sep 14, 2021
Do you mean the emergency appointment won’t work after Sep. 10 because you’re going for fall?

Or that Emergency appointment won’t be available for everyone one after September even those going for Spring 2022? Abeg clarify oooo���

Bibbzy:

Please what can i do
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by bosperky: 9:25pm On Sep 14, 2021
Temmrow:

try st lious univerity MO and university of south florida
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Debsiey: 9:41pm On Sep 14, 2021
Okay. Thanks so much Jonesdozi.

Jonesdozi:
He can if he can explain to the VO why his supervisor is sponsoring him
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by NigPatriot(m): 10:02pm On Sep 14, 2021
Ajaxa:
Please my sister has been to the US twice on visiting visa and returned. Now she just finished her waec and has good grades last year. She intends to study medicine at Bowen university but we also suggest trying F1 visa for her for schools offering medicine in united States, can anyone help with schools that offer medicine for undergraduate. What is her chance of securing the F1 visa. Please advice. She is just 17 years old now.

Her chance of securing F1 visa is contingent on the quality of her application - the school she gains admission in , proofs of funds, and how she's able to decrypt all these info when in front of the VO.

Though I would have adviced she went for nursing. But then let her try for the F1.

If she had good grades as you said, let her take sat

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Temmrow: 10:05pm On Sep 14, 2021
ashraf267:

Not at all sir.

Alright. I think I've seen some
Many thanks to you bro
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by TOPMAN5252: 11:12pm On Sep 14, 2021
Good day every please I have a family friend who paid an agent from the securing admission to scheduling appointment, now he is fed up he want to start the whole Ds 160 form on his own with a fee and new mail ( The agent does not want to release the email login details he opened for him and his CGI login details) Any advice for him the Agent has deferred to spring already.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nostradamus1: 11:16pm On Sep 14, 2021
Ajaxa:
No school offers medicine the way it is offered in Nigeria. You have to go to UK to get it.

In the US, you spend 4 years on pre-med track. You can take courses like Biology , Chemistry, Biochemistry in the universe and get a bachelor degree. If you are still interested in studying medicine, you take the MCAT and apply to medical schools.

All in all, it is cumbersome and expensive to study medicine in US not to mention the time(about 10 years)

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nostradamus1: 11:21pm On Sep 14, 2021
Upton:
Hey please I just want to ask and it may sound funny. Are there schools that offer considerable scholarship or funding opportunities to undergraduate students? Also, can someone help with list of schools with affordable tuition fees in the US. I've been trying to find some online but it seems undergraduate education is pretty expensive in the US

Yes, there are schools that provide scholarship and funding to undergrads. What matters the most is whether you are a resident or international and how much aid u need.

Regarding cheap schools, there is no school in the US( Excluding Community Colleges) whose COA can't comfortably cover fees for schooling in Germany or France ..

So I doubt if anyone school have " affordable fees" unless u are an upper class Nigerian
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UAVdrones: 12:26am On Sep 15, 2021
There's no direct admission into medical school in US. you must complete 4year degree program in any field of study. However, there're specific courses required for medical school that must be completed during undergraduate study. Then, you write MCATexam required for medical school. Medical school takes 4yrs. Next, Residency is 3-5yrs. Even if you have completed 4year degree program in your home country, you can't get direct admission into US medical school.
Ajaxa:
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UAVdrones: 12:55am On Sep 15, 2021
Most credible schools require SAT and high school transcript. If your sister is keen on studying in US, she should write SAT and apply to schools. She should use college board.org to narrow her choice of school and program of study.
Ajaxa:
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by EffectEn: 1:24am On Sep 15, 2021
People have posted stories of getting fully funded for English, French, communication and counselling on previous threads.

Not on this thread, but there was a story of Fulbright scholarships for Yoruba teachers.

At least I'm certain of the English one in this thread. Buckle up and do the work, by God's grace you'd get it

Erudite77:

Thanks in anticipation.

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ezeonlinebiz(m): 2:32am On Sep 15, 2021
Gurus in the house. Please I want to start my usa student journey. Can I get admitted with 2.2? What are the procedures to gain admission? Please help your brother
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Erudite77: 4:53am On Sep 15, 2021
EffectEn:
People have posted stories of getting fully funded for English, French, communication and counselling on previous threads.

Not on this thread, but there was a story of Fulbright scholarships for Yoruba teachers.

At least I'm certain of the English one in this thread. Buckle up and do the work, by God's grace you'd get it

Thanks for the eye-opening reply!

I appreciate it.

Kindly link me to the previous thread. It won't be out of place if I go there and learn from previous transcripts. It would go a long way towards getting myself fortified for the journey ahead.

Well, I've submitted some applications for Spring 2022.

Wouldn't you mind sending you a PM?

Thanks!

(1) (2) (3) ... (484) (485) (486) (487) (488) (489) (490) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

Viewing this topic: Jedooooo(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.