Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,091 members, 7,811,059 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:54 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (517) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1639616 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (514) (515) (516) (517) (518) (519) (520) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by TosinClement: 12:42am On Oct 09, 2021
NigPatriot:

How do you mean by the scholarship you applied for is for fall if your resumption is for spring?
However, funding isn't the only determinant in getting your visa, while it plays a major role. It's not absolute. Read up previous pages, it will do you alot of good.

Thank you so much for your response. What I mean is that, the scholarship I applied for will be awarded in December 2021 but I can only use it for Fall 2022. So the result won’t be out until December, and I should have gone for my interview before then
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by macuwon(m): 1:11am On Oct 09, 2021
Please i just got admitted to Houston Community college for spring 2022 and have received my ds 1-60. But on getting to the website of the embassy to book visa appointment. There is a message that says applications are currently unavailable except emergencies. Please who can explain better for me. And is there any way around it.
Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by noweakness: 2:07am On Oct 09, 2021
Hello guys,

Does any of you have any idea how much it could cost to run an MSc program in say Pharmaceutical field in the US? I just need a range of amount to save for.

Thanks.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Libranous(m): 2:42am On Oct 09, 2021
Hello everyone

Well done good people sharing and promoting life. God bless you all.
Testimonies on our way.

My question is that, when a visa is refused for spring 2022
and interview took up September 2021. When is the best time
to reapply? do i have to wait 6months or 2months before
reapplying and is it possible to reapply for spring 2022?

Thank you all

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by damuziefreak: 7:03am On Oct 09, 2021
Please someone should help me with low cost schools in the US for MPH
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by noweakness: 7:46am On Oct 09, 2021
noweakness:
Hello guys,

Does any of you have any idea how much it could cost to run an MSc program in say Pharmaceutical field in the US? I just need a range of amount to save for.

Thanks.
Please

Can I receive answers on this?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Oyeyemidesign: 8:34am On Oct 09, 2021
AbduljabarAjoke:
Hello gurus in the house…so I applied for interview before now I.e sometimes in July but I found out July 20th was ileya day so I had to reschedule, wrote the embassy and it was rescheduled to 3rd of June…some weeks to the D-day,I received a mail that indicates it’s been shifted to 15th of June. Apparently, all interviews stipulated for 3rd was moved to 15th of June but I had to cancel still due to 1/2 reasons.
Now to the reason why I’m here, I got another visa fee since that one can’t be used (you can only use visa fee twice) but my appointment history on my CGI shows that I’ve canceled appointments 3 times
N.B I never went for any interview
1) Does it matter or I need to prepare to answer the questions on why I didn’t come for the interview?

2) The earliest dates I’ve seen for an interview in Abuja is June 1st and Lagos, August 25th…my school resumes classes January 6th. Do I pick any of these dates and wait for 60 days to resumption then get an expedited date?
Please don’t ignore �
I’m open to every information I can get
Thanks in anticipation

For your first question: No it doesn’t matter how many times you have cancelled or rescheduled.

2. Yes, choose the available date and request expedited date as you need a regular date before you can schedule an expedited date

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Oyeyemidesign: 8:37am On Oct 09, 2021
macuwon:
Please i just got admitted to Houston Community college for spring 2022 and have received my ds 1-60. But on getting to the website of the embassy to book visa appointment. There is a message that says applications are currently unavailable except emergencies. Please who can explain better for me. And is there any way around it.
Thanks
It means no available date. You have to be checking everyday. You can only request emergency if you are within 60 days to your resumption

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Oyeyemidesign: 8:39am On Oct 09, 2021
noweakness:
Hello guys,

Thanks.
Nobody. It depends on the college. You need to do your research, use google, use websites like 4icu.org to search for schools

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ifeoluwakemi: 8:41am On Oct 09, 2021
Hello @TosinClement I applied Texas A&Mcommerce for spring as well. Please can we connect. I need help with scholarships opportunities too. Thank you so much.

TosinClement:
Please guys, I got admission into Texas A&M commerce for masters in Business Analytics Spring 2022. My COA is $27K, and the scholarship I applied to is set for Fall 2022. I want to ask if no scholarship on i20 can have any effect on visa interview. Does funding have anything to do with granting my visa. Please help
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Oyeyemidesign: 8:42am On Oct 09, 2021
Libranous:
Hello everyone

Well done good people sharing and promoting life. God bless you all.
Testimonies on our way.

My question is that, when a visa is refused for spring 2022
and interview took up September 2021. When is the best time
to reapply? do i have to wait 6months or 2months before
reapplying and is it possible to reapply for spring 2022?

Thank you all
You can reapply anytime. If you get a date before the start of your program then you’re good to go
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by uchennangene(f): 9:03am On Oct 09, 2021
TosinClement:
Please guys, I got admission into Texas A&M commerce for masters in Business Analytics Spring 2022. My COA is $27K, and the scholarship I applied to is set for Fall 2022. I want to ask if no scholarship on i20 can have any effect on visa interview. Does funding have anything to do with granting my visa. Please help

Hi, I’m going for the same course in same school. Have you gotten I-20? The COA on mine is 31k, how is yours 27k please? Is that what is written on your I-20 form?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Godspeed777: 9:14am On Oct 09, 2021
Please I’m a student in Europe but I want to move to the US..is it Possible and can someone put me through
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by AbduljabarAjoke(f): 9:24am On Oct 09, 2021
Oyeyemidesign:

For your first question: No it doesn’t matter how many times you have cancelled or rescheduled.

2. Yes, choose the available date and request expedited date as you need a regular date before you can schedule an expedited date
Thanks sooo much
I’m grateful
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by AbduljabarAjoke(f): 9:30am On Oct 09, 2021
Oyeyemidesign:

Please, there’s another question�
The DS160 information I filled before canceling the appointment is different from what I’d use now…will the VO have access to the previous information?
N.B I didn’t go for the interview and I canceled like 8days before my appointment.
Please I need clarifications.
Thanks �
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by macuwon(m): 9:46am On Oct 09, 2021
Oyeyemidesign:

It means no available date. You have to be checking everyday. You can only request emergency if you are within 60 days to your resumption

My resumption is 7th January
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 9:49am On Oct 09, 2021
smiley
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Oyeyemidesign: 11:10am On Oct 09, 2021
AbduljabarAjoke:

Please, there’s another question�
The DS160 information I filled before canceling the appointment is different from what I’d use now…will the VO have access to the previous information?
N.B I didn’t go for the interview and I canceled like 8days before my appointment.
Please I need clarifications.
Thanks �
No problem atall, the VO will only have access to the ds160 linked to your current appointment.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by AbduljabarAjoke(f): 11:15am On Oct 09, 2021
Oyeyemidesign:

No problem atall, the VO will only have access to the ds160 linked to your current appointment.
Thanks a lot
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by decide: 12:23pm On Oct 09, 2021
Godspeed777:
Please I’m a student in Europe but I want to move to the US..is it Possible and can someone put me through

It's possible but dependent on some factors.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Godspeed777: 12:47pm On Oct 09, 2021
decide:

It's possible but dependent on some factors.
what are the factors can you put me through
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by NigPatriot(m): 1:41pm On Oct 09, 2021
noweakness:
Hello guys,

Thanks.

The cost of attendance is still contingent to the school you apply to.
But just a range should be between 30-40k USD. Remember the clause, this isn't fixed.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by NigPatriot(m): 1:44pm On Oct 09, 2021
Godspeed777:

Move to the US? Via F1? Or what means.

Well there are several visas, so you have to look at the best options that suits your career path.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by shegzb50: 2:35pm On Oct 09, 2021
Hello gurus in the house

Please am about to book an appointment for F1 visa but at the moment...something is confusing me since last week.... My brother went to USA through schooling but in the process of schooling he got married and he is now working there (he do come back to Nigeria every year for Xmas) ..now if am filling the ds160 form I know I will be ask if I have a relative dere... Pls Is it advisable to say yes cause he went through schooling.... Cause I don't know if that is a redflag for me.... Please house assistant me on dis
.. Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Godspeed777: 2:58pm On Oct 09, 2021
NigPatriot:

Move to the US? Via F1? Or what means.

Well there are several visas, so you have to look at the best options that suits your career path.
Maybe B1/B2 then switch to F1 visa
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Temmrow: 3:52pm On Oct 09, 2021
shegzb50:
Hello gurus in the house

Please am about to book an appointment for F1 visa but at the moment...something is confusing me since last week.... My brother went to USA through schooling but in the process of schooling he got married and he is now working there (he do come back to Nigeria every year for Xmas) ..now if am filling the ds160 form I know I will be ask if I have a relative dere... Pls Is it advisable to say yes cause he went through schooling.... Cause I don't know if that is a redflag for me.... Please house assistant me on dis
.. Thank you

Yes na red flag o.. no say you get relative for there.
A word is enough for a wise!

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Gent2nice: 4:03pm On Oct 09, 2021
Happy weekend people.

For an education Officer (a civil servant employed by FG), under occupation section of DS 160, does he chose GOVERNMENT or EDUCATION
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Helkayklassic(m): 5:52pm On Oct 09, 2021
Temmrow:

Yes na red flag o.. no say you get relative for there.
A word is enough for a wise!

shegzb50 please don’t take this advice. If you lie and you are eventually caught, do you know what that means? As long as your brother is now legal, no need lieing.

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Helkayklassic(m): 5:54pm On Oct 09, 2021
shegzb50:
Hello gurus in the house

.. Thank you

As long as he is living in the US legally, no nee to lie. Be truthful.

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ashraf267(m): 6:53pm On Oct 09, 2021
macuwon:
Thanks
Wow! Congrats.
Sorry did you apply for UG?
If yes, how did you pay your app fee? Or was it waived?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Temmrow: 8:59pm On Oct 09, 2021
Helkayklassic:

shegzb50 please don’t take this advice. If you lie and you are eventually caught, do you know what that means? As long as your brother is now legal, no need lieing.

I know what am saying. Am not giving bad advice, and I will not do that. Although in some cases they don't mind, depending on how you got there. But in this case with what I've hard, I doubt it.
Anyways, he/she can try what you said. I wish him/her best of luck

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (514) (515) (516) (517) (518) (519) (520) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.