Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,089 members, 7,814,787 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:54 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (520) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1642106 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (517) (518) (519) (520) (521) (522) (523) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Helkayklassic(m): 9:33am On Oct 11, 2021
Pamelayoung:

Do they have the responses saved on their system � I doubt

Yes they do. What do you think they are typing while you are talking?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Gokoyer1401: 10:21am On Oct 11, 2021
Sent all the materials to you. It's quite heavy btw but if you want it via WhatsApp also, i can do that for you too.
And for the listening part, you will be using YouTube to do that.

Goodluck.
Tulacious123:

Thanks am very grateful. kejuempower@gmail.com
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Hazardd(m): 10:43am On Oct 11, 2021
Whixh USA University that accept hnd for master and with funded

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by haywhy17(m): 10:54am On Oct 11, 2021
Try Havard or MIT.. . Google is ur best friend on this

Hazardd:
Whixh USA University that accept hnd for master and with funded

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by TosinClement: 10:59am On Oct 11, 2021
Walspring:
To everyone who sent me email or private message, I have replied, kindly check your junk or spam box if you didn’t see my message in your email inbox

Also to all those I promised to get back to them I will try and check our previous mails and pick up from there.

Please is it advisable to go to the embassy without scholarship for masters in Business Analytics at Texas A&M commerce?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Bayor65: 11:03am On Oct 11, 2021
Good morning house, please how can I pay for my sevic fee here in Nigeria. Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Digbick: 11:13am On Oct 11, 2021
Bayor65:
Good morning house, please how can I pay for my sevic fee here in Nigeria. Thanks
@walspring is your best bet.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ifeoluwakemi: 11:17am On Oct 11, 2021
Hi
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by TosinClement: 11:47am On Oct 11, 2021
Pefuele:

Every question that a VO ask has a meaning:

What is taking you to the US. You spoke too much. Who doesn't know that SIT is prestigious in NJ? Infact, that point is generic. Is like you are going to Carnegie Mellon University and you are still telling the VO it is prestigious.
For guys that doesn't have funding there are three questions that you should talk a lot,why this school, why this course & what does your sponsor do( you should praise your sponsor well here except your sponsor is a rich public figure so you dnt need to talk too much). You should be able to defend all what you say.

What this degree do for you: Your response are generic. Why are you interested in Network protection & data security? How will these courses help your career?What promotion are you seeking? To IT Manager? You should back your points with examples.

Who is Paying: My mother is okay. *I have the account statement here* shows desperation and you shouldn't do that. Only when the VO ask for any evidence to support your mums sponsor is when you ask: Do you mean like a Bank Statement? Then you can bring it out. Unless VO ask for a document dnt push for it.

What does she do: You played it low! My mum is a respected real estate developer in Oyo State. She has acquired land worth over N300m & has several developed lands worth more than N100m.My mum has also patnered with the Oyo State Government to provide lands to Civil Servants & to several big wigs in the entertainment industry...... you should praise your sponsor.

How many staffs does she have: The VO wants to know how many people your mum is feeding that's why there's a follow-up question of how much does she earns annually & you answered that with nervousness. So, get the logic! Next time check your SOA well to know the net cash flows per month and get a rough estimate for a year by multiply by 12. There are a lot of questions on SOA that I can't talk about here that the VO can ask.

Who does she live with? She wants to know whether some guys at home also depend on your mum or how close you are with your mum.

Who do you stay with: whether alone or your fiancee is wrong. It doesn't make sense to be married and staying with your fiancee and your mum is sponsoring your Education. It will make more sense if you and your fiancee are sponsoring it ,your fiancee is sponsoring or you are sponsoring.

Normally, an ideal DS-160 should look like this. You are single,you are staying with your mum and your mum is sponsoring your Education.

Please I’d like to talk to you privately. I sent you an email. Can I possible get your contact please �

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Aduun(f): 12:31pm On Oct 11, 2021
Leave it like that and request for extension of resumption letter from your school.
Don't risk cancelling ur date,date is scarce
Adebusorlah:
Hello guys...
I would like you to help me out with this question
I applied for Fall 2021 but I couldn't travel because my emergency date was denied and I was asked to stick to the regular date given to me by the Us embassy in Lagos which is dated Jan 20th, 2022, I never went for the interview at all...so I immediately emailed my school to tell them my situation and they told me to defer my admission to spring 2022, which have done that and a new I-20 has been created for me, and Spring classes start on Jan 18th, 2022.
Now the question is...I want to still leave the Jan 20th, 2022 date given to me for the interview, and also I want to buy another visa fee and change my location to Abuja and fill a new DS-160 form...pls guys is this possible?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by foxthink(m): 1:11pm On Oct 11, 2021
[quote author=princeiland post=106548333][/quote]. Baba let us connect. Send me your contact via email: foxthink@yahoo.com thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Gent2nice: 2:03pm On Oct 11, 2021
Well, when it's 60 days to spring resumption, apply for EA again. If EA is refused, the tab will be active again, u can request EA again. U should have requested again the previous time. Make sure you upload sevis receipt , i20 and D's 160 confirmation page as supporting documents when you are requesting. And compose your message well.
Wish you the best of grace.

Adebusorlah:
Hello guys...
I would like you to help me out with this question
I applied for Fall 2021 but I couldn't travel because my emergency date was denied and I was asked to stick to the regular date given to me by the Us embassy in Lagos which is dated Jan 20th, 2022, I never went for the interview at all...so I immediately emailed my school to tell them my situation and they told me to defer my admission to spring 2022, which have done that and a new I-20 has been created for me, and Spring classes start on Jan 18th, 2022.
Now the question is...I want to still leave the Jan 20th, 2022 date given to me for the interview, and also I want to buy another visa fee and change my location to Abuja and fill a new DS-160 form...pls guys is this possible?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Tianah222: 2:44pm On Oct 11, 2021
Babnxst93:
pls I'll like to be added to the group. Can I get the group link

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by uchennangene(f): 2:52pm On Oct 11, 2021
Ifeoluwakemi:
@TosinClement please I'm trying to reach you. I also applied to Texas A&M for Business Analytics. Please let's connect.

Same here. Texas A& M ,Business Analytics for Spring 2022. I don’t mind connecting with you guys o

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Swerveking14: 4:03pm On Oct 11, 2021
Minnesota state university Mankato
Blessings001:
Good day

Please can anyone suggest cheap universities/ colleges for MBA program in United States?

I have searched online but I’m not getting the ones in my budget

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ifeoluwakemi: 6:44pm On Oct 11, 2021
Here's my email address please let's connect.

ifeoladele@yahoo.co.uk

uchennangene:

Same here. Texas A& M ,Business Analytics for Spring 2022. I don’t mind connecting with you guys o
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Best76: 7:19pm On Oct 11, 2021
Enio233:
Is there anyone applying to Morgan states university , or any school and expecting their I-20
I jst Pm you, I will be glad if you could reply
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Walspring: 8:25pm On Oct 11, 2021
Bayor65:

Sevis fee can’t be paid in Nigeria. You go to Cotonou and get it done or some help you out who is out the country especially USA

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by dakosta911: 10:00pm On Oct 11, 2021
Anyone applying to Chicago state university

Pls how do I evaluate my waec

Going for undergraduate
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by md16: 10:56pm On Oct 11, 2021
Hi everyone,

So, I’m considering doing an MPH program with this James Lind Institute (JLI) Switzerland, but I realize there’s no much review on the program. I need help making the right choice before enrolling.

The goal for doing the MPH is ultimately for Canadian Immigration. The program is online and I’m not sure if it’ll be recognized by Education evaluation for Canadian immigrations.

I need advice on the best course of action.

Thank you. �
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ObodoNaija(f): 11:13pm On Oct 11, 2021
latosolorunwa:
Hello guys,
I need your help on this following items:
1. How much is savis fee?
2. What are the likely questions for f1 visa.

Sevis fee is $350.

For likely questions, check transcripts of those that have gone for visa interview.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Oluwathoyin: 11:29pm On Oct 11, 2021
Ifeoluwakemi:
Hello @TosinClement I applied Texas A&Mcommerce for spring as well. Please can we connect. I need help with scholarships opportunities too. Thank you so much.

send email to their international official, ask him/her about any available scholarship for international students.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Oluwathoyin: 11:35pm On Oct 11, 2021
bjjbam:
Has anyone heard from Missouri State University for spring 2022? The waiting is killing.
lol. That's Missouri for you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Oluwathoyin: 11:41pm On Oct 11, 2021
TosinClement:

Please is it advisable to go to the embassy without scholarship for masters in Business Analytics at Texas A&M commerce?
yes. Be confident and answer all your questions boldly.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Rollitout: 12:48am On Oct 12, 2021
cupcakes11:
Good morning guys, please I need recommendation of materials for duolingo English test. And how long can one study for it to write the test.

You can practice on the duolingo website and also make sure that you follow teacher Luke on YouTube on how to pass duolingo easily, I did mine and I passed, let me drop a tip here, for you doulingo, in the speaking part / production try to speak the British accent.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Rollitout: 12:52am On Oct 12, 2021
For more info about duolingo, you can contact me or watch teacher Luke on YouTube.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Richyfloww: 2:01am On Oct 12, 2021
Goodday house, please help a sister. I don't know what to do any more; I got a mail about a month ago that my uk visa application was successful, that I will hear from tsl on how to collect my documents. i.e I should not contact my visa application center until I'm told to do so. Since about a month now, I have not hear or gotten any mail on how to get my passport /visa. I'm getting really tired and confused. Does any one have an idea on how to go about it??
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by crowniran(m): 3:52am On Oct 12, 2021
AsiwajuAfo001:

PM

Thanks very much sir. Kindly check your email
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Sophie43(f): 3:59am On Oct 12, 2021
Hello everyone am from rwanda but this forum really helped me a lot to prepare for my visa. That's why I'd like to share my experience,but first of all someone here had written Bible quotes from psalms it really also helped during my prayer cause the university I applied to, people were saying I won't get my visa because they easily give admission to everyone. But that wasn't the case I had prepared like almost 100 questions and everyone was laughing at me like why are you getting prepared isn't it an interview..... anwei this is how it went . I got my visa approved on 30th September of this year

Vo: hello how are you
Me:am fine with a smile ooooo
Vo:submit all your documents and took my biometric
Me: had organized all my documents in 1file and submitted it with a smile
Vo:your name please
Me:said it loudly I could here my voice even�
Vo:why are you going to the US?
Me:for my masters in human resource management
Vo:he noticed on my I20 I had submitted the company of my father as the bank statement then asked who is this?
Me: it's the company of my father and we do this and this
Vo: do you work for this company
Me: yes
Vo: when did you finish high school
Me: 2016
vo:what have you been doing after graduation
Me: due to this covid19 I wasn't able to come home then took a short course I was in INDIA
vo: started typing fast then said come pick your passport on this day
Me: he didn't ask for another documents I was soooo
Happy another thing I can say please dress properly before going my mum is the one who picked clothes and shoes for me and when I reached at the embassy seriously I was dressed well and it boosted my confidence am not telling girls to wear a lot of jewelry as if you're going even in a night club dress as someone really going for an interview
Thank you everyone ....... this forum helps you regardless of where you come from

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Oskyworld(m): 4:34am On Oct 12, 2021
Ffg
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Majestybaba92(m): 5:41am On Oct 12, 2021
tiptoe1:

Number 1 is possible but do you have the other i-20 with you already? infact some school won't even require you to spend a semester with them, they will just transfer your Sevis record to the other school you want.

I know someone (BSC) who got admission into a university and a community college but got his visa with the university i-20 and when he got to the usa, he went to the university and told him he would like to transfer to the community college instead but he gave them good reasons.

They transferred it and went to the community college which was just $4500 per year, he did the best thing than staying out of status. But most schools won't transfer your Sevis record to a different school without you spending at least a semester with them

Please, what is i-20
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Majestybaba92(m): 5:57am On Oct 12, 2021
Motiqueen:
12th January, 2021
Good evening all,

I am glad today, my interview at Abuja went so well and it was God, I must say.

I was the 4th to be interviewed this morning and the 1st to be granted a visa, the three guys before me were rejected.

School is University of New Haven, Connecticut.
I had little funding and deficit of $26k
Course: Masters of Public health

The VO(only VO for today) had an assistant with him, guess the guy was on training or so, cos he had the approval and denial papers with him in a file, both of them were standing (or do the VOs usually stand?) the VO collects from him to dish out. You hear him converse slightly with the assistant after each applicant leave before he calls on the next applicant, so that's why I presume he was on training as a VO too.

VO: Good morning
Me: Good morning to you

VO: can I have your documents (passport and i-20)
Me: sure you can, here you have it(I passed to him)

VO: what's your course?
Me: Masters of Public health

VO:Do you know anyone in Connecticut?
Me: No, I don't.

VO: So where will you be staying
Me: in the school hostel, I already booked a space( I haven't booked any space ooo, just replied with that)

VO: I can see you have a deficit to be paid by a family member, so who is paying?
Me: My dad actually

VO: So what does he do?
Me: He owns one of the biggest hotels in Lagos, he cuts me short and asks for the name, I replied, then he asks for his bank statement and I showed him. Flips to the second page only, showing his assistant, then returns to me.

VO: what else does he do?
Me: He is into the transportation industry, his fleet of cars and buses run about 17 states currently in Nigeria and hoping to expand to more as demand permits

VO: So how long has he been in the hotel business
Me: about 15-16 years

VO: So he just added the transport to it
Me: Yes

VO: How about your mom, what does she do?
Me: She is a caterer

VO: What type of catering?
Me: indoor and outdoor catering, for both social and corporate events, she also runs staff canteens for companies and she's been in the field for 35years

VO: Wow! That's fine, so do you have siblings?
Me: Yes, 2 sisters and 2 brothers

VO: What do they do?
Me: my older sister works with my dad in his hotel, my younger sis is a fashion designer and a student, my younger brother is a hair stylist and a student, my last brother is a photographer and a student.

VO: Oh! That's good, what secondary school did you attend?
Me: I mentioned and added location

VO:You live in Lagos
Me: Yes, between the boundary of Lagos and Ogun state.

VO: So why did you come to Abuja for interview
Me: my school's resumption date is actually fast approaching and Abuja had earlier appointment dates than Lagos.

VO: oh! That's true, so have you travelled out of the country before?
Me: No, he tried to cajole me like, you know people just travel for maybe vacation to Dubai and that's just it.... So I replied by saying, I have actually been about school and work basically so I haven't even had the time to plan any trip, be it vacation or any.

VO: He kept nodding with his assistant, that one just had the file held like a statue and was smiling. So how did you find out about the school?
Me: When I concluded on having my masters degree, I did an extensive search on Google for schools that offer pub, VO cuts in and completes the rest for me and I said yes.

VO: OK, that's fine, do you have a room mate
Me: I don't know, the school didn't tell me any of such(room that I didn't even book at all)

VO: OK, I want to approve your visa, collects the white paper for approval from his assistant and slides it under the Window with my i-20 and says I can pick up at my preferred pick up point.

Me: thank you very much, I'm honoured.
VO: don't mention, you are welcome (he smiled at me with his assistant, while I dropped my papers in my file and left his window)

That was simply how my interview went, guess this VO is more about home ties cos he hardly asked questions about school even from the first 3 applicants before me.

Thank you everyone for the transcripts you have been dropping so far, to everyone still hopeful for an approval, God in his infinite mercies will make your day of joy to come. You won't come this far and not have a testimony.

The information you gave about your Dad, Mum and siblings is it true?

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (517) (518) (519) (520) (521) (522) (523) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.