Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,292 members, 7,836,280 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:19 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (551) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1662437 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (548) (549) (550) (551) (552) (553) (554) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Chimdy2015: 3:28pm On Nov 04, 2021
Select visa interview date

Chimdy2015:

The left side... provide feedback

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Canada2021: 4:33pm On Nov 04, 2021
Good afternoon all,

I just got admitted into the University of Arizona for the 2022 fall semester. However, I am sad that I was not given any form of scholarship to reduce the expenses.

I want to find out if it is feasible to be given visa without getting scholarship.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Mickeybook(f): 4:37pm On Nov 04, 2021
Canada2021:
Good afternoon all,

I just got admitted into the University of Arizona for the 2022 fall semester. However, I am sad that I was not given any form of scholarship to reduce the expenses.

I want to find out if it is feasible to be given visa without getting scholarship.
This is what America wants from you ... Spend the money especially when it's legitimate. Go for your goal and come back to Nigeria to make a positive impact

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Zeezlamin: 5:01pm On Nov 04, 2021
Hello Nairaland, Kindly help me review my brothers proposed transcripts for his upcoming f1 visa interview.

VO: Good morning
Me: Good morning, How was your night?

VO: Pass me your passport and I20
Me: Yes sure (passed with a big smile)

VO: Who’s your sponsor?
Me: My father will be sponsoring my studies in the US, he also sponsored my undergraduate

VO: What does he do?
Me: He own a real estate and construction company Bleep company, the company has been in existence for over 17 years and deal in land acquisition, Estate development and management, Construction of houses and shopping complex

VO; Why is he sponsoring you?
Me: He has been sponsoring my education since high school and I currently work with his company, so he needs me to go study in the US and come back to impact my knowledge and exposure into the company, and possibly take over from him.

VO: Why are you planning to study this program in the US and not Nigeria?

VO: Tell me about some of your professors?
Me: Professor Lara Kessler, she will be taking the Accountants legal environment course, professor Becky Kiser and professor Dori Danko, professor Cheryl Dunn
Professor Chris harper, A member of America Institute for certified public Accountant. Publication, Leaping from the office to academia, Strategic Finance 2019

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Femotech123: 6:39pm On Nov 04, 2021
Hello my people. I was denial visa in September 2021 and I’m trying to reapply now paid my visa fee already but At the place on the ds160 that says have you been refused visa before should I click on No/YES since I will indicate that on my CGI that previously refused before I book appointment. Thanks for the response
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by AsiwajuAfo001(m): 7:25pm On Nov 04, 2021
Femotech123:
Hello my people. I was denial visa in September 2021 and I’m trying to reapply now paid my visa fee already but At the place on the ds160 that says have you been refused visa before should I click on No/YES since I will indicate that on my CGI that previously refused before I book appointment. Thanks for the response

They know the truth, be truthful...

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UncleAyo: 7:31pm On Nov 04, 2021
Quick questions please:

1. is covid 19 vaccination now required (compulsory) for USA travel?

2. can one make use of an a/c statement, dated july for november visa interview?

Please, I need clarifications
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Chibzee2: 7:33pm On Nov 04, 2021
ashraf267:

Hi, tell him to try South Dakota State University and University of Wisconsin Parkside.
They are both affordable and gives nice scholarships to international students.
Thank you so much

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Kizito55: 7:48pm On Nov 04, 2021
Afroresorts:
My friend has been having issues with paying the sevis fee in the last one week.
Who else is having the same issue and can she apply and pick a date without the sevis receipt..

I am new and not well informed on the proceeses.

You can't pay sevis feel from Nigeria, you need to have someone from USA to pay it or any Africa country that Western union is possible for sending money
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by beejhay69: 8:17pm On Nov 04, 2021
UncleAyo:

Please, I need clarifications

1. YES.

2. NO.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by beejhay69: 8:21pm On Nov 04, 2021
Afroresorts:
My friend has been having issues with paying the sevis fee in the last one week.
Who else is having the same issue and can she apply and pick a date without the sevis receipt..

I am new and not well informed on the proceeses.
1. SEVIS only paid abroad.
2. YES, you can book appointment without sevis receipts BUT must pay the sevis fee before going for the appointment.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Adekunleadele: 8:27pm On Nov 04, 2021
macron:
I don’t think you can edit sevis ID after picking a date. You should have changed it before that. Try and call them to see what they can do about that. It definitely matters if you go to the interview with a sevis Id that doesn’t match your current I-20
Thank you, I emailed them with the old and new sevis Id. Thank you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by valentyne19: 10:21pm On Nov 04, 2021
Hi everyone, not really familiar with Nairaland. Bit I saw a brother talked about being admitted at TTU in interdisciplinary studies MS. That's the same case with me now. Please I want to know what the next step is, my start date is spring 2022. Please put a brother through.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by valentyne19: 10:24pm On Nov 04, 2021
TheReaper17:
Visa Approved this morning at the embassy in Abuja.

School: Texas Tech University
Course: Interdisciplinary Studies MS
COA: $32k
Funding: Family Funds

VO: Good morning, pass me your documents
Me: Good morning
VO: You're going to Texas Tech University for your Master's in Biology
Me: I'm going to TTU for my Master's of Science Degree in Interdisciplinary Studies, I'll major in Biological and Physical Sciences.
VO: What do you do?
Me: I'm an Environmental Manager at a reputable consulting firm in Lagos.
VO: What do you do at work?
Me: I write Environmental Impact Assessment reports for companies, Government Agencies and Private individuals. I also prepare feasibility studies for different land use and gather data for projecting sustainable food production.
VO: What will this Degree do for you?
Me: The combination of knowledge in both biological and physical sciences will enable me become a well-rounded professional, and I'll be able to take up a management role in my current office.
VO: What's your thesis topic?
Me: Climate change and its impact on sustainable food production in Nigeria.
VO: Who is paying for your studies?
Me: My Dad.
VO: What does he do?
Me: He's a Real Estate Developer and large scale livestock farmer who supplies poultry products to 13 states in Nigeria.
VO: Your visa is approved. *hands me the white paper*, keep your I-20 safe and take it with you when traveling. Please observe all covid-19 protocols to avoid being turned back at the port of entry.

To be honest, I had a very relaxed and calm interview. The VO (a white lady) approved visas for the 2 sets of people ahead of me on the queue. Time seemed to fly by, cos I could've sworn I didn't spend 5 minutes with her. She didn't ask for any other documents apart from the ones I supplied (Passport, I-20, SEVIS Receipt). I prayed and I believe my preparation met with God's grace. Best of luck to everyone who's yet to get approved. I look forward to reading your success stories. Thank you all for the invaluable tips. Cheers
Please bro I am currently admitted for interdisciplinary studies spring 2022. I want to know the next procedure for my i-20 and others. Please!

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by IvannahG: 10:44pm On Nov 04, 2021
Hey guys, I’ll be going for my interview next Monday Nov 8th, is there anyone going for their interview at the Abuja embassy Monday too? Reach out let’s connect and prepare together.

6 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 10:52pm On Nov 04, 2021
Erudite77:

I'm very much interested in knowing you though, at the right time.

Thank you for your 'responconcern', even when our people ignore.

You've been a wonderful friend. I wish I could 'dash' you a babe.Lol �

The day for us to know each other will surely come, I believe. For now, let's keep our gazes fixed at our goals. cheesy cheesy

And for the babe part, we shall see in camera wink wink
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UncleAyo: 12:04am On Nov 05, 2021
beejhay69:

1. YES.

2. NO.

Please, I mean covid-19 vaccinations.

Is covid19 vaccination compulsory for usa travel or the test requirement is just OK
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UncleAyo: 12:35am On Nov 05, 2021
I found answer to the question I asked previously.
I decided to share here:

Frequently Asked Questions on COVID-19 Vaccinations and Testing for International Travel

The Biden Administration announced a new international air travel policy that is stringent, consistent across the globe, and guided by public health.

Starting on November 8, foreign national air travelers to the United States will be required to be fully vaccinated and to provide proof of vaccination status prior to boarding an airplane to fly to the United States, with only limited exceptions.

The CDC has determined that for the purposes of entry into the United States, vaccines accepted will include those FDA approved or authorized, as well as vaccines with an emergency use listing (EUL) from the World Health Organization (WHO). See the CDC's website for more details.

Fully vaccinated air travelers will continue to be required to show documentation of a pre-departure negative viral test from a sample taken within three days of travel to the United States before boarding. That includes all travelers – U.S. citizens, lawful permanent residents (LPRs), and foreign nationals.

To further strengthen protections, unvaccinated travelers – whether U.S. citizens, LPRs, or the small number of excepted unvaccinated foreign nationals – will now need to show documentation of a negative viral test from a sample taken within one day of travel to the United States.

https://travel.state .gov/content/travel/en/international-travel/emergencies/covid-19-faqs-for-travel-to-the-us-information.html

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Talk2Nana: 3:26am On Nov 05, 2021
Hello everyone, I am new here, can lawyers and experts in the house kindly recommend schools that I can apply to directly for LL.M without recourse to LSAC. Thanks.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Canada2021: 7:19am On Nov 05, 2021
Talk2Nana:
Hello everyone, I am new here, can lawyers and experts in the house kindly recommend schools that I can apply to directly for LL.M without recourse to LSAC. Thanks.
University of Arizona and University of Illinois
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Chimdy2015: 8:39am On Nov 05, 2021
On your ds 160, u have to indicate that u have been refused visa. Wait till Nov b4 applying 4 an appointment date so u will join d regular visa appointment. Once u click refused visa in d last 2months. U won't see any date for 2022. It will b 2023. Also note that u will only be eligible for an emergency appointment date from March 2022. So if u don't see a date b4 spring resumption. Then use emergency appointment by March to get a date b4 fall 2022 resumption

Femotech123:

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Elizabeth005: 8:48am On Nov 05, 2021
[quote author=Bekindtoo post=107327038]No. It's not necessary. Or do you want to change your sponsor to "self"?

It’ll still be family funds. Just to give some sort of credibility because myself & my sponsor do not bear same surname.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by dymanicboss: 9:34am On Nov 05, 2021
Please anyone here for fall admission to cleveland state university.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Approvalissure: 9:38am On Nov 05, 2021
Good morning guys, I am new here and I would like to know if West liberty University is a red flag school for the visa officers.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Femotech123: 9:58am On Nov 05, 2021
Chimdy2015:

On your ds 160, u have to indicate that u have been refused visa. Wait till Nov b4 applying 4 an appointment date so u will join d regular visa appointment. Once u click refused visa in d last 2months. U won't see any date for 2022. It will b 2023. Also note that u will only be eligible for an emergency appointment date from March 2022. So if u don't see a date b4 spring resumption. Then use emergency appointment by March to get a date b4 fall 2022 resumption
Oh thank Brother but I have apply for appointment already since October which I click on previously denial and my initial date is 2023 ooo but I haven’t apply for EA yet waiting till Monday before i can apply because that day will be the day it will reach two month I denial visa ooo. Hope I will see date or hope my EA will be approved if I request by then ?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Gokoyer1401: 9:59am On Nov 05, 2021
I am filing the application now. I was told to upload a writing sample. What is writing sample sir? Is it research proposal or sample of whatever i had written in the past?
Helkayklassic:
Just mention one school and move on bro. They won’t find out and there is no penalty there.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Femotech123: 9:59am On Nov 05, 2021
Chimdy2015:

Oh thank Brother but I have apply for appointment already since October which I click on previously denial and my initial date is 2023 ooo but I haven’t apply for EA yet waiting till Monday before i can apply because that day will be the day it will reach two month I denial visa ooo. Hope I will see date or hope my EA will be approved if I request by then. My school resume January 10 2022
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Anavamii: 10:37am On Nov 05, 2021
Hello guys my visa was approved this morning but my babe was refused. We both applied to the same school and our resumption is January.
He was asked only one question, what he intends to do when he comes back to Nigeria.

Please how can he get a date for a second trial before January

7 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by RukayatAkanji: 11:05am On Nov 05, 2021
Good morning everyone, pls does anyone have an idea of what admission interview is like. I mean what kinda questions do schools ask when they interview students before giving admission.
Thank u

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nwannediutor: 11:09am On Nov 05, 2021
Anavamii:
Hello guys my visa was approved this morning but my babe was refused. We both applied to the same school and our resumption is January.
He was asked only one question, what he intends to do when he comes back to Nigeria.

Please how can he get a date for a second trial before January

Can you at least post your transcript to help others first?? That should be the first thing.

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Anavamii: 11:46am On Nov 05, 2021
Visa Approved.
First Attempt
Zero Travel History, Zero funding
COA: $35k
Sponsor: Father
ABUJA
5th November.
White female VO

Although I am down because my fiancé who was also interviewed by same VO , same school, same course was denied today�� but how I got my visa is only God!!! I am still shaking.

I have been following this trend since January from WES to Visa interview, thank you all for your help. I learnt from others and it’s only fair to share mine.

TRANSCRIPT.

VO: I can see you are going to UIS for a Masters programme in public administration?
Me; Yes

VO: What do you do currently?
Me: I am a Legal practitioner and I work in the Legal department of …. oil company.

VO: What do you intend to do upon your return
Me: I intend to take a certifying exam to be a Chatered secretary and administrator…(cuts me short)

VO: what is chartered secretary?
Me: as Chatered secretary we do regulatory compliance and company filings (then I continued to answer from where she cut me short)… I will also be applying for a full time job in my current company and a masters is needed ( she cuts in again)

VO: oh you don’t have a full time job?
Me: I am a contract staff, I currently work as an intern.

VO: when did you graduate from law school?
Me; 2019

VO: Who’s your sponsor?
Me: My father, he is a lawyer, a Chartered accountant and a notri public. He owns properties around the country and he also has law firms in Lagos, Abuja and Ibadan.. (she cuts in again)

VO: have you traveled out of Nigeria before?
Me: I have not had any reason to up till now (at this point, I legit thought e go be)

She started typing for like 2 minutes and then I heard You Visa has been approved and she gave me the white paper. I only heard I-20 after that , it was so short and like a dream!!!

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Anavamii: 11:47am On Nov 05, 2021
Nwannediutor:

Can you at least post your transcript to help others first?? That should be the first thing.

I have mixed feelings currently so it’s understandable that I’m trying to find a solution for my fiancé please

(1) (2) (3) ... (548) (549) (550) (551) (552) (553) (554) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.