Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,295 members, 7,836,291 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:13 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (552) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1662483 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (549) (550) (551) (552) (553) (554) (555) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Anavamii: 11:59am On Nov 05, 2021
Vahn:
you can be approved, thats not a shortcoming or red flag. Just be brave, then pray

Thank you for this encouragement!!! I got approved

5 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Anavamii: 12:05pm On Nov 05, 2021
Please guys it’s urgent. Please help. If a person was denied today can he get a date before January 13 to reapply? What does he need to do?

I saw somewhere that the person can select regular on the CGI page but select refused on DS160 so as to get date? Does this make sense of he should just apply for emergency or check for closer date.

Has anyone been refused recently and got a short date.

THANK YOU
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by JamesNneoma: 12:20pm On Nov 05, 2021
Good day Everyone, I am new here. I got an admission for Spring 2022 and my program start date is 18th January 2022, i am trying to book for an appointment and all the dates am seeing are from July 2022 upwards. Please is anyone having similar challenge with me and what can i do at this point in time? Someone should help me please, i will be so grateful.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Bekindtoo: 12:21pm On Nov 05, 2021
Congratulations!

Anavamii:
Visa Approved.
First Attempt
Zero Travel History, Zero funding
COA: $35k
Sponsor: Father
ABUJA
5th November.
White female VO

Although I am down because my fiancé who was also interviewed by same VO , same school, same course was denied today�� but how I got my visa is only God!!! I am still shaking.

I have been following this trend since January from WES to Visa interview, thank you all for your help. I learnt from others and it’s only fair to share mine.

TRANSCRIPT.

VO: I can see you are going to UIS for a Masters programme in public administration?
Me; Yes

VO: What do you do currently?
Me: I am a Legal practitioner and I work in the Legal department of …. oil company.

VO: What do you intend to do upon your return
Me: I intend to take a certifying exam to be a Chatered secretary and administrator…(cuts me short)

VO: what is chartered secretary?
Me: as Chatered secretary we do regulatory compliance and company filings (then I continued to answer from where she cut me short)… I will also be applying for a full time job in my current company and a masters is needed ( she cuts in again)

VO: oh you don’t have a full time job?
Me: I am a contract staff, I currently work as an intern.

VO: when did you graduate from law school?
Me; 2019

VO: Who’s your sponsor?
Me: My father, he is a lawyer, a Chartered accountant and a notri public. He owns properties around the country and he also has law firms in Lagos, Abuja and Ibadan.. (she cuts in again)

VO: have you traveled out of Nigeria before?
Me: I have not had any reason to up till now (at this point, I legit thought e go be)

She started typing for like 2 minutes and then I heard You Visa has been approved and she gave me the white paper. I only heard I-20 after that , it was so short and like a dream!!!

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by godguy: 12:49pm On Nov 05, 2021
Anavamii:
Please guys it’s urgent. Please help. If a person was denied today can he get a date before January 13 to reapply? What does he need to do?

I saw somewhere that the person can select regular on the CGI page but select refused on DS160 so as to get date? Does this make sense of he should just apply for emergency or check for closer date.

Has anyone been refused recently and got a short date.

THANK YOU

there are some wassap group that are doing date checking, get added to any of them and be involved in date checking, you will get a date, but its takes committement.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by habeeb246(m): 12:50pm On Nov 05, 2021
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by habeeb246(m): 1:01pm On Nov 05, 2021
Anavamii:
Visa Approved.
First Attempt
ABUJA
5th November.
White female VO

Although I am down because my fiancé who was also interviewed by same VO , same school, same course was denied today�� but how I got my visa is only God!!! I am still shaking.

I have been following this trend since January from WES to Visa interview, thank you all for your help. I learnt from others and it’s only fair to share mine.

TRANSCRIPT.

VO: I can see you are going to UIS for a Masters programme in public administration?
Me; Yes

Me: I am a Legal practitioner and I work in the Legal department of …. oil company.

Me: I intend to take a certifying exam to be a Chatered secretary and administrator…(cuts me short)

Me: as Chatered secretary we do regulatory compliance and company filings (then I continued to answer from where she cut me short)… I will also be applying for a full time job in my current company and a masters is needed ( she cuts in again)

Me; 2019

Me: My father, he is a lawyer, a Chartered accountant and a notri public. He owns properties around the country and he also has law firms in Lagos, Abuja and Ibadan.. (she cuts in again)

Me: I have not had any reason to up till now (at this point, I legit thought e go be)

She started typing for like 2 minutes and then I heard You Visa has been approved and she gave me the white paper. I only heard I-20 after that , it was so short and like a dream!!!
congratulations, who's sponsoring your fiancé??
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by IvannahG: 1:02pm On Nov 05, 2021
Hello house. Urgent please. My interview is Nov 8th is it too late to update my Ds 160? Does anyone know if the 72 hour deadline includes weekends or just weekdays?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Anavamii: 1:08pm On Nov 05, 2021
godguy:

there are some wassap group that are doing date checking, get added to any of them and be involved in date checking, you will get a date, but its takes committement.

Oh you can get a close date without rescheduling if you were denied?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Anavamii: 1:08pm On Nov 05, 2021
habeeb246:
congratulations, who's sponsoring your fiancé??

His mom but they didn’t ask. We didn’t go together o, we went as different candidates
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by habeeb246(m): 1:17pm On Nov 05, 2021
Anavamii:

His mom but they didn’t ask. We didn’t go together o, we went as different candidates
same VO? Same day?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by godguy: 1:19pm On Nov 05, 2021
Anavamii:

Oh you can get a close date without rescheduling if you were denied?

you have to pay another visa fee and look out for closer date
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Baabu320: 1:24pm On Nov 05, 2021
Going to US on a week visitation how much should I have in my bank account?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Anavamii: 1:28pm On Nov 05, 2021
godguy:

you have to pay another visa fee and look out for closer date

Alright after payment goes do you update your CGI profile? He tried creating a bee profile but that didn’t work
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by HDwayne: 2:03pm On Nov 05, 2021
Hello guys, i trust we are doing good. Pls guys i need to know if i need to attach my signed I-20 in order to request for an Emergency and do i date it (I-20) like few days before requesting for an emergency ?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by sbot: 2:17pm On Nov 05, 2021
Canada2021:
Good afternoon all,

I just got admitted into the University of Arizona for the 2022 fall semester. However, I am sad that I was not given any form of scholarship to reduce the expenses.

I want to find out if it is feasible to be given visa without getting scholarship.

Sorry to hear that.

Please what’s their tuition like if you don’t mind me asking?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ObodoNaija(f): 3:19pm On Nov 05, 2021
Anavamii:

Alright after payment goes do you update your CGI profile? He tried creating a bee profile but that didn’t work

He doesn't need to open another account. He should use his current CGI account and edit his DS160 cus he will be filling a new one. He will not see the reschedule button today until tomorrow.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Anavamii: 3:26pm On Nov 05, 2021
ObodoNaija:

He doesn't need to open another account. He should use his current CGI account and edit his DS160 cus he will be filling a new one. He will not see the reschedule button today until tomorrow.

Thank you very much!!

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ObodoNaija(f): 3:38pm On Nov 05, 2021
Anavamii:
Visa Approved.
First Attempt
ABUJA
5th November.
White female VO

TRANSCRIPT.

Me; Yes

Me; 2019

Congratulations
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by LaftaXclusive: 4:40pm On Nov 05, 2021
Good afternoon all,

I just got admission to a university in USA and requires 6months financial statement to obtain I-20. But I am confused about what to as I want to avoid being denied visa due statement errors.

I am using self funding but I don’t know if funding my account within 2weeks and obtaining a statement afterwards will be sufficient to obtain the I-20 and visa approval.

Please I need a guide.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 7:27pm On Nov 05, 2021
LaftaXclusive:
Good afternoon all,

I just got admission to a university in USA and requires 6months financial statement to obtain I-20. But I am confused about what to as I want to avoid being denied visa due statement errors.

I am using self funding but I don’t know if funding my account within 2weeks and obtaining a statement afterwards will be sufficient to obtain the I-20 and visa approval.

Please I need a guide.

Hmn... I'm guessing you're for spring since you just received your admission letter. Well, let's wait for the elders who have gone through the phase to come through. Make I helep you tag them
AsiwajuAfo001 , beejhay69 , Tamad101 , Oofay , Imhans , fairheart , Platox

5 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Erudite77: 9:10pm On Nov 05, 2021
Good evening, everyone.

Please I need pieces of information about applications for Transfer.

I have a friend who did National Diploma in Community Health. Initially, she wanted to register for Nursing using undergraduate route. But her Neco results conversion is too low. Not even up to 2.2 on a scale of 4.0 (WES unofficial).

So someone suggested she should apply for TRANSFER with her ND certificate in Community Health. Still wants to study NURSING.

Please don't ignore this post. Kindly send your contributions.

Thanks and be blessed.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Domvivy: 9:34pm On Nov 05, 2021
Hello everyone.
I'm new in this platform and I want to enquire on what to be expected of me from the embassy.
I am going for a BSc in Nursing in the US.
Pls what are the requirements to take with me to the interview and also what possible questions would I be asked.
Pls can some assist me on this ma interview is very close at hand.�
Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Domvivy: 10:15pm On Nov 05, 2021
Domvivy:
Hello everyone.
I'm new in this platform and I want to enquire on what to be expected of me from the embassy.
I am going for a BSc in Nursing in the US.
Pls what are the requirements to take with me to the interview and also what possible questions would I be asked.
Pls can some assist me on this ma interview is very close at hand.�
Thanks
pls someone should assist me
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Asiwaju101: 10:23pm On Nov 05, 2021
Hello everyone good evening
Trust we all had a good day.

Pls who have a format of an AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT,
Pls it’s urgently needed
Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Godsown23: 11:23pm On Nov 05, 2021
Hello guys, please can someone look at my transcript and help me figure out what I am doing wrong. I have been denied three times. I had my third interview today at the Lagos embassy. The first time I went, I got admission to the University of Bridgeport and my uncle and mom were sponsors. The VO asked me what my uncle does which I answered that he is a medical doctor and has his own clinic, he also has stores where he sells phones and gadgets. The VO then asked how much my uncle made which I think was where I made a mistake by telling him he makes 8 million a year. I was then denied. The second time, I put my uncle as a sponsor again on my DS160 and at the interview said it was my uncle and my mom. The VO asked me what they did, and I said my uncle’s profession and that my mom is an external auditor and has a wholesale foodstuffs shop, I got denied again. This third time, I changed school because I finally got admission to SCSU with a 40% scholarship and I also changed my sponsor on DS160 to my mom. I was preparing to convince the VO of the reason why I switched school and my sponsor but to my surprise, the VO didn’t ask me anything related to that. He just asked why I am studying biomedical science, who is paying my deficit, and what my mother does. No question to show proof of statement or anything. Just denied. Please can someone advise me?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Talk2Nana: 11:37pm On Nov 05, 2021
Thank you. Can I send you a mail.

Canada2021:
University of Arizona and University of Illinois
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Helkayklassic(m): 12:02am On Nov 06, 2021
Admission officer. I hail you sir. grin

Erudite77:
Good evening, everyone.

Please I need pieces of information about applications for Transfer.

I have a friend who did National Diploma in Community Health. Initially, she wanted to register for Nursing using undergraduate route. But her Neco results conversion is too low. Not even up to 2.2 on a scale of 4.0 (WES unofficial).

So someone suggested she should apply for TRANSFER with her ND certificate in Community Health. Still wants to study NURSING.

Please don't ignore this post. Kindly send your contributions.

Thanks and be blessed.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Helkayklassic(m): 12:07am On Nov 06, 2021
Check with your school. I think it differs with school but if you think it’s the same, i have for IIT that i can send to you.

Asiwaju101:
Hello everyone good evening
Trust we all had a good day.

Pls who have a format of an AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT,
Pls it’s urgently needed
Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by zuzman(m): 1:30am On Nov 06, 2021
Please is anyone here going to or currently studying at Park University?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Swerveking14: 1:44am On Nov 06, 2021
You can’t say, could be less or even more
Gent2nice:
Wow! Administrative processing takes maximum of 60 days.. wish you all the best bro

(1) (2) (3) ... (549) (550) (551) (552) (553) (554) (555) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.