Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,467 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:26 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (579) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1646028 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (576) (577) (578) (579) (580) (581) (582) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Oluh: 12:34pm On Nov 17, 2021
IntrovertGuy:

OluhOluhOluhOluh

Lol sorry

Missouri S&T

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by habeeb246(m): 12:40pm On Nov 17, 2021
gboleximk:
for someone in their late 30s or early 40s, can personal funding be a red flag?
In my case, my father is late, I have an aging mother, I have been working for more than 10 years in Telco Vendor companies, having a personal fund should fly, I have been trying to pursue my master's since I left school but no support, I need to hustle for the money to make the dream come true.
Are you married??
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Mog1457: 12:59pm On Nov 17, 2021
floyo001:
Hi,

Please how did you do this?

Did you apply to lagos or abuja
Please
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by EstherOA: 12:59pm On Nov 17, 2021
Please someone respond I recently applied for emergency appointment, I uploaded the requested documents. No responds from them yet. Any ideas what's wrong??
mojolajesu:
hey, I feel your pains already.

Can you write to them explaining what you are experiencing.

You can also call the Consulate to make this faster. The number or email is where you applied for your VISA. I trust you get a response
Oluh:

Please I would like to know more about this Missouri admission. Would you mind if I text you via email or maybe WhatsApp number?
Oluh:

Please I would like to know more about this Missouri admission. Would you mind if I text you via email or maybe WhatsApp number?
Oluh:

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by EstherOA: 1:01pm On Nov 17, 2021
I applied to Lagos. After applying for the regular visa date, you'll see emergency option then you can apply too.
Mog1457:

Did you apply to lagos or abuja
Please
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Teddy208: 1:12pm On Nov 17, 2021
Good day everyone, I got an admission recently and my interview date is very close. But I have problem with my self confidence. I fear I will stutter and mess this up. Any help would be highly appreciated

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Lilbaby23: 1:16pm On Nov 17, 2021
I sent in my documents for the Surge interview date(Lagos) even after it was stated in the released statement that” previously denied students won’t be considered”. I sha sent in the documents yesterday and i got a Date finally for Dec 1st.

Send the documents and wait for reply . It took them 17hrs to reply , yours might be faster or slower. You have nothing to loose.

Mind you i refused to book any appointment or request for ER due to my previous experience got denied ER severally had to pay for this new MRV. I was on the verge of paying an agent for date sef. Hope this helps anyone in need of answers.

Back to me. Pls i need someone to have Mock with ooo. Make una help me too. T for thanks

5 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Bond4141(m): 1:33pm On Nov 17, 2021
Please who has applied, is applying or a student of University of Maryland, College Park or Johns Hopkin University here
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by collykay: 1:45pm On Nov 17, 2021
abdullahi45:

@ abdullahi45 Thanks a lot. I’m applying for BCH or CHM as well and I’m interested in the direct PhD. Which school pls….?

You can check the Chemistry and Biochemistry Departments at Virginia Tech. Would you be up for a direct PhD program? I have a friend who got direct PhD admissions with his BSc degree. Also check Marquette University, UTSA and U of South Carolina
All the best.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Teddy208: 2:09pm On Nov 17, 2021
Afroresorts:
I got interview date for the 29th who will assist me with a mock interview.
Did you find someone yet?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Benswagg04: 2:41pm On Nov 17, 2021
I did the same too yesterday, and I got a day for December 1st. I have been denied EA request three times now in Abuja. Just have lagos a trial yesterday evening. Sent all the required doc and a message of intent to the email, and I got approved this afternoon.

Seize this opportunity.
Lilbaby23:
I sent in my documents for the Surge interview date(Lagos) even after it was stated in the released statement that” previously denied students won’t be considered”. I sha sent in the documents yesterday and i got a Date finally for Dec 1st.

Send the documents and wait for reply . It took them 17hrs to reply , yours might be faster or slower. You have nothing to loose.

Mind you i refused to book any appointment or request for ER due to my previous experience got denied ER severally had to pay for this new MRV. I was on the verge of paying an agent for date sef. Hope this helps anyone in need of answers.

Back to me. Pls i need someone to have Mock with ooo. Make una help me too. T for thanks

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by mojolajesu(m): 2:47pm On Nov 17, 2021
Please has anybody paid servis fee recently??

This things is not going ooo from America
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by nues012(m): 3:39pm On Nov 17, 2021
Note
Got denied August
Changed my job role.

Check and balance my transcript.

Vo: Good morning
Me:Good morning
Vo: Why are you going to the U.S
Me: I am going for my master’s degree in Health Sciences with concentration in public health at WIU.
Vo: How did you hear about the school
Me: A senior colleague at work,Mr.Osas, an alumnus recommended WIU to me, I wrote to the chairperson of my program Prof. Lorretta Oden further enquiry.
Vo: So How many school did you apply to
Me: Four schools, KSU(Ohio),WIU(Illinois), UA(Alabama) and EIU(Illinois)
Vo: How many gave you admit
Me: All, but I focused on WIU, the area of interest of Dr Mauren Belziod perfectly aligns with mine.
Vo:What’s her interest?.
Vo: She works with communities of people with functional needs, She promised to offer me an assistantship during fall 2022 semester as there are no space at the moment.
Vo: So why this program or What will this program do for you?
Me: It will help me build on my educational background, the program would help me advance my company to become one of the leading health organizations in Nigeria and somewhere else in Africa upon my return to Nigeria.
Vo:Tell me about the program
Me: Health Sciences is the application of different scientific discipline to improving the overall well-being of human and animal.
Vo: who’s is sponsoring you?
Me: I have merit based scholarship, my present employer/company and I have some savings too.
Vo: What do you do
Me: I am a physiotherapist at Bleep company at Edo State.
Vo: Job roles pls
Me: I provide help for people suffering from injury, disability and illness, i help maintain the health of the aged, i educate and give general health advice to patient, i do manual therapy.
Vo: Give me approximately strength of staffs in your company
Me: I will be precise, Bleep company has 124 staffs(65 professional staffs, 19 management staff and 40 support staff.
Vo: Tell me about your company.
Me: Bleep company is a non governmental organization, a physiotherapy clinic that has operated for about 20yrs, she offers physical rehabilitation programs to patients suffering from Stroke, SpinalCord Injury,SportsInjury, Spine Degenerative Diseases, Arthritis, JointPain, BackPain, CerebralPalsy.
Vo: Have you been denied visa before?
Me: Yes, I was issued 214b, because I couldn’t defend my intent in the US.
Vo: What lead to the denial
Me: The VO asked “What do you do” I responded, she typed for some seconds and handed over a blue slip.
Vo: So what has changed
Me: I was really nervous owing to the fact, that was my first time in embassy, but now I have some experience, fear is on a minimal level.
Vo: Who’s your US point of contact
Me: Dr Mauren Belziod, The school official, my program advisor.
Vo: Tell me your work history
Me: I started as a soccer coach with my employer Adeboye Elumaro( Socrates Sport Academy) in Akure, Ondo State from 3 Mar. 2015 to 11 Mar. 2017, I moved to Madefitnes as a fitness trainer in Benin, Edo State from 6 Apr. 2017 to 05 Jul. 2018, then to my current job. I was employed as a physiotherapist at Royalty Glow from 29th. Aug. 2019 till date.
Vo: What’s your highest degree?
Me: Bachelor Of Science in Education with Second class(Hons) upper division in Health Education.
Vo: I don’t understand, two different undergraduate degrees?
Me: I was trained as a scientist and trained in educationist simultaneously. I have my certificate here to prove my point.
Vo: When did you graduate?
Me: 23 May 2019. Started 10 Nov. 2014.
Vo: Tell me about your undergraduate degree
Me: I got an admit into Health Education program at Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba Akoko, Ondo State. The program started 10 Nov. 2014 to 23 May 2019.
Vo: Name of charitable organizations you have work with
Me: Bleep and Bleep
Vo: What’s your study plan?
Me: The total of 42 credit hours must be completed to get this degree
Vo: Why don’t you do this course in Nigeria.
Me: In the course my search I realized many schools in US has done research in my area of interest, why in Nigeria very few who has researched in that area. So I am going to be joining the few when I return to Nigeria.
Vo: Your stepfather was sponsoring you in august, why your company now
Me: I got a robust funding from my company.
Vo: Tell me about your parents?
Me: My step dad is into cash crop production and sales,he has 80hackers of land for farming, he has operation on Ekiti, Edo, Delta and Ondo State, he has average staff of 40 aside contract staffs. on top that, He owns a logistics company that is into transportation of petroleum products within Nigeria. He has operations in Kano,Warri, Edo and Akwa Ibom. Presently, he has an average number of 25 staffs in those operations. On top that, he has 3 houses, 2 are given out on rent and we are leaving in one, my mum is in charge of the 2house on rent, she has the largest deport of beverages in Benin, Edo States, my older brother after graduating from the dept of history and international studies at Unilorin, He works as a regional marketing manager in Airtel, my younger sister just finished HND in Computer science awaiting call up letter to NYSC.

Vo: Everything looks good I will be approving your visa
Me: Thank youd �

13 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Miracleken(f): 3:41pm On Nov 17, 2021
Please how did you apply for an emergency appointment to Abuja I have been denied for like two times now and will really appreciate your help
Beautyagu1:

Congratulations

[Qquote author=kekeakinwale post=105737230]

I give God all the glory , it can only be God.

So I got my 1-20 for fall admission , i applied for emergency date in lagos, but for 1month no reply from them, then I saw a lady here that said she changed from lagos to Abuja and she didnt have to pay for another visa fee,
I quickly contacted her, my sister God will bless you,
She reply and took me through how to change and I did, got a date for feb 2022 and then i applied for emergency date and then the wait begins.
When I saw that I might not make it to fall,
I quickly contacted my school and explained my issue to them and I needed to defer to spring 2022, and a new update 1- 20 was sent.
Luckily my emergency date was approved and then I picked September 10th 2021.

Now two days to my interview I decided that I didnt to update my ds160 since I was not travelling in August anymore which I need.
Only for me to find out I was not suppose to update it.
I was informed I might not be allowed for the interview.
O my, I was scared, I screamed, then my husband kept saying where is your faith.
Then I also noticed the bar code on my son ds160 and in the appointment confirmation form didnt tally,
O boy I was scared. What do I do, I kept asking God what would you have me do.

Then I proceed to board my flight from Akure to Abuja,

While I was asking God what would you have me do, I went on Instagram and I saw pastor bolaji of NLP saying if you have prayed and it not forth coming, look for a scripture and back it up with your prayer,
I got to my hotel room,
By 12am, I praised God danced and read luke 21 vs 15.
Guess what I did not do any preparation of what I will say, I just told my self that the lord will put in my mouth to say and honestly he did.

6.45am, I left to the embassy I got there I saw I explained my issue to her concerning my son's bar code not tallying , then she helped me to retrieve the old one with 5000naira,
Laughing, something I realised I could do my self .

Any ways I also could not print out my bank statement, I sba went it.
When I got to the place where they will check you, my name and my son's name was seen, at that moment I knew I was getting the visa,
I entered, proceeded to a black man who scanned our passport, bar barcode, and then I proceeded for interview.
MSC business Administration and management
CUNY Brooklyn college
No funding
A white woman.

Interviewer- pass your document
I did
Interviewer- I see your going for MBA
Me- yes
Interviewer- what do you do
Me - I work has an hall manager in one of the hall residences in AAUA a university in ondo state .
Interviewer- what would you do after study.
Me- my masters degree will enable to convert from an hall manager to an administrative officer in my place of work
Interviewer- who is sponsoring you
Me- my mother
Interviewer- what does she do.
Me- she is the director of finance and administration in a ministry in ondo state.
Interviewer- is your husband travelling with you
Me- no we have a business we both run in nigeria and he is in charge of the business and cnt leave it for now.
Interviewer- ok, I can see you went to the us in 2017
Me - yes, i went for vacation.
Interviewer- for 5 weeks
Me - yes, i usually get 6weeks leave from my place of work, so i traveled 27th of November and came back 1 of January
Interviewer- did you travel with a family
Me- yes with my mum
Interviewer- ok, aside form us, what other country have you travelled to
Me- Dubai.
Interviewer- looked at me expecting more, and said is that all, i said yes.
Interviewer- typing and asked when did you get married
Me - 12th August 2017
Interviewer- you said your grandmother is the one sponsoring you
Me- no , My mother, we dont have the same name because her and my dad were separated .
Interviewer- ok.

Interviewer- continues typing for a while
Me- I started praying in my mind, father you have the heart to the queen and the kings, I am getting this visa

Interviewer- I will be approving your visa today,
Every other thing I no here.

Thank you jesus and everyone that has encouraged me on this journey

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by femorocafella: 3:42pm On Nov 17, 2021
pls i need some clarifications. I am in my late 30s .in my ds 160 form under who is paying for the program. I filled self. The cost for attendance is 41,228 dollars .My concern here is that in my I 20 ,under student funding the breakdown is as follows under personal fund which is money in my account is 12,991 dollars ,under family funds I have 29,782 Dollars. This money in family funds is both for me and my wife ,but the money is in my wife's account and we have even used the money to buy treasury bills and the certificate of the treasure is issued in my wife's name.

Pls is it still okay that I put self sponsor in my ds 160 application form, or i should change it that my wife is the one sponsoring me? I have been working since 2010.My wife is a civil servant and they might be wondering how a civil servant can have that amount in the account, that is why i did not want to use her in the first place. Pls guys what do you advise i should do.Thanks

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Mog1457: 3:50pm On Nov 17, 2021
Miracleken:
Please how did you apply for an emergency appointment to Abuja I have been denied for like two times now and will really appreciate your help
ConsularAbuja@state.gov
Text them on gmail
Hello,

I am writing this email to request for an emergency appointment so I can make effective preparations for my program start date on the 3rd of January 2022.
Submit and pray
But add abuja surge appointment

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by djsmart(m): 3:50pm On Nov 17, 2021
[quote author=Lustre23 post=107675480][/quote]

Whatsapp link
https:///GjCzg4WePczCMB5hL5Ee88
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Rommy1: 3:55pm On Nov 17, 2021
Yes please, let's do a mock
Lilbaby23:

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Goddy001: 3:56pm On Nov 17, 2021
Pls can you tell me how you applied and got approved pls
Lilbaby23:

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by emmanuelle27: 4:10pm On Nov 17, 2021
WCU app fee waiver

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Greatajo(m): 4:10pm On Nov 17, 2021
Good evening NL. I was delayed on November 5 at Lagos and I've since then purchased a new MRV fee but have yet to book an appointment. I'm thinking of going to Abuja but not sure if the surge date is open. Or should I just try Lagos again because Lagos now responds faster

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by mojolajesu(m): 4:19pm On Nov 17, 2021
No one is saying anything about servis fee.

Am I the only who is experiencing this

Can someone please help me out. I have followed the instructions in here to make payments with someone in The US but it’s saying the server is down. All agents in Arizona are saying the same thing.

Can someone help me out please
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Babnxst93: 4:26pm On Nov 17, 2021
Let's not forget ball State career fair on 19th for free app waiver

Date: November 19, 2021

Time: 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. (Eastern)

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Bugwu: 4:35pm On Nov 17, 2021
mojolajesu:

Can someone please help me out. I have followed the instructions in here to make payments with someone in The US but it’s saying the server is down. All agents in Arizona are saying the same thing.

Check gieva organisation. The can make the payment for you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Greatajo(m): 4:39pm On Nov 17, 2021
Please, I need a response
Greatajo:
Good evening NL. I was delayed on November 5 at Lagos and I've since then purchased a new MRV fee but have yet to book an appointment. I'm thinking of going to Abuja but not sure if the surge date is open. Or should I just try Lagos again because Lagos now responds faster
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Kevdee4reel(m): 4:52pm On Nov 17, 2021
You’re not alone. A lot of us are experiencing this. I’m exhausted at this point
mojolajesu:

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Kevdee4reel(m): 4:53pm On Nov 17, 2021
How does this work please. Those of us experiencing this SEVIS fee payment issue need as much help and information as possible. Nothing is working. Western union keeps having network issues. Only option seems to be money order and that will take a very long time. Over a week or so.
Bugwu:

Check gieva organisation. The can make the payment for you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Kevdee4reel(m): 4:59pm On Nov 17, 2021
Explain how to navigate the website or how this is possible because nothing on the website says anything about sevis.
Kevdee4reel:
How does this work please. Those of us experiencing this SEVIS fee payment issue need as much help and information as possible. Nothing is working. Western union keeps having network issues. Only option seems to be money order and that will take a very long time. Over a week or so.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by collykay: 5:03pm On Nov 17, 2021
nues012:
Note
Got denied August
Changed my job role.

Check and balance my transcript.

Vo: Good morning
Me:Good morning
Vo: Why are you going to the U.S
Me: I am going for my master’s degree in Health Sciences with concentration in public health at WIU.
Vo: How did you hear about the school
Me: A senior colleague at work,Mr.Osas, an alumnus recommended WIU to me, I wrote to the chairperson of my program Prof. Lorretta Oden further enquiry.
Vo: So How many school did you apply to
Me: Four schools, KSU(Ohio),WIU(Illinois), UA(Alabama) and EIU(Illinois)
Vo: How many gave you admit
Me: All, but I focused on WIU, the area of interest of Dr Mauren Belziod perfectly aligns with mine.
Vo:What’s her interest?.
Vo: She works with communities of people with functional needs, She promised to offer me an assistantship during fall 2022 semester as there are no space at the moment.
Vo: So why this program or What will this program do for you?
Me: It will help me build on my educational background, the program would help me advance my company to become one of the leading health organizations in Nigeria and somewhere else in Africa upon my return to Nigeria.
Vo:Tell me about the program
Me: Health Sciences is the application of different scientific discipline to improving the overall well-being of human and animal.
Vo: who’s is sponsoring you?
Me: I have merit based scholarship, my present employer/company and I have some savings too.
Vo: What do you do
Me: I am a physiotherapist at Bleep company at Edo State.
Vo: Job roles pls
Me: I provide help for people suffering from injury, disability and illness, i help maintain the health of the aged, i educate and give general health advice to patient, i do manual therapy.
Vo: Give me approximately strength of staffs in your company
Me: I will be precise, Bleep company has 124 staffs(65 professional staffs, 19 management staff and 40 support staff.
Vo: Tell me about your company.
Me: Bleep company is a non governmental organization, a physiotherapy clinic that has operated for about 20yrs, she offers physical rehabilitation programs to patients suffering from Stroke, SpinalCord Injury,SportsInjury, Spine Degenerative Diseases, Arthritis, JointPain, BackPain, CerebralPalsy.
Vo: Have you been denied visa before?
Me: Yes, I was issued 214b, because I couldn’t defend my intent in the US.
Vo: What lead to the denial
Me: The VO asked “What do you do” I responded, she typed for some seconds and handed over a blue slip.
Vo: So what has changed
Me: I was really nervous owing to the fact, that was my first time in embassy, but now I have some experience, fear is on a minimal level.
Vo: Who’s your US point of contact
Me: Dr Mauren Belziod, The school official, my program advisor.
Vo: Tell me your work history
Me: I started as a soccer coach with my employer Adeboye Elumaro( Socrates Sport Academy) in Akure, Ondo State from 3 Mar. 2015 to 11 Mar. 2017, I moved to Madefitnes as a fitness trainer in Benin, Edo State from 6 Apr. 2017 to 05 Jul. 2018, then to my current job. I was employed as a physiotherapist at Royalty Glow from 29th. Aug. 2019 till date.
Vo: What’s your highest degree?
Me: Bachelor Of Science in Education with Second class(Hons) upper division in Health Education.
Vo: I don’t understand, two different undergraduate degrees?
Me: I was trained as a scientist and trained in educationist simultaneously. I have my certificate here to prove my point.
Vo: When did you graduate?
Me: 23 May 2019. Started 10 Nov. 2014.
Vo: Tell me about your undergraduate degree
Me: I got an admit into Health Education program at Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba Akoko, Ondo State. The program started 10 Nov. 2014 to 23 May 2019.
Vo: Name of charitable organizations you have work with
Me: Bleep and Bleep
Vo: What’s your study plan?
Me: The total of 42 credit hours must be completed to get this degree
Vo: Why don’t you do this course in Nigeria.
Me: In the course my search I realized many schools in US has done research in my area of interest, why in Nigeria very few who has researched in that area. So I am going to be joining the few when I return to Nigeria.
Vo: Your stepfather was sponsoring you in august, why your company now
Me: I got a robust funding from my company.
Vo: Tell me about your parents?
Me: My step dad is into cash crop production and sales,he has 80hackers of land for farming, he has operation on Ekiti, Edo, Delta and Ondo State, he has average staff of 40 aside contract staffs. on top that, He owns a logistics company that is into transportation of petroleum products within Nigeria. He has operations in Kano,Warri, Edo and Akwa Ibom. Presently, he has an average number of 25 staffs in those operations. On top that, he has 3 houses, 2 are given out on rent and we are leaving in one, my mum is in charge of the 2house on rent, she has the largest deport of beverages in Benin, Edo States, my older brother after graduating from the dept of history and international studies at Unilorin, He works as a regional marketing manager in Airtel, my younger sister just finished HND in Computer science awaiting call up letter to NYSC.

Vo: Everything looks good I will be approving your visa
Me: Thank youd �

Congratulations �

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Mog1457: 5:04pm On Nov 17, 2021
Please everyone
Do i need to reprint my sponsor bank statement or leave it
But it’s not 6 months yet
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by collykay: 5:15pm On Nov 17, 2021
Babnxst93:
Let's not forget ball State career fair on 19th for free app waiver

Date: November 19, 2021

Time: 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. (Eastern)

When is it Nigerian time?

(1) (2) (3) ... (576) (577) (578) (579) (580) (581) (582) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

Viewing this topic: Jedooooo(m), Blackfinegirl(f)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.