Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,870 members, 7,813,963 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:53 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (614) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1641647 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (611) (612) (613) (614) (615) (616) (617) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by degxyflexy: 9:47am On Dec 01, 2021
Make sure you have a very stable internet
MelaninGemstone:
Hey guys, for those who took the Duolingo test. I need advice

I am having system issues

It keeps saying there is a problem with my microphone and I haven’t been able to proceed with my test

I tried another computer, the microphone issue wasn’t coming up, but it said there was an issue with camera

Abeg, I don tire

What can I do please

Time is running out embarassed
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Treyknowles(m): 9:50am On Dec 01, 2021
MelaninGemstone:
Hey guys, for those who took the Duolingo test. I need advice

I am having system issues

It keeps saying there is a problem with my microphone and I haven’t been able to proceed with my test

I tried another computer, the microphone issue wasn’t coming up, but it said there was an issue with camera

Abeg, I don tire

What can I do please

Time is running out embarassed

Hello, I am planning to take the test but my international passport isn't ready, please do you have any idea if national ID card is accepted
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Fescoblack(m): 9:53am On Dec 01, 2021
Fall2021:
Congratulations
I tap into this straightforward interview
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by kelechi1771: 10:05am On Dec 01, 2021
[quote author=ObaOfEsan post=108108171]

Abuja?[Yes, And you?]
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by kelechi1771: 10:06am On Dec 01, 2021
ObaOfEsan:

Abuja?
Yes
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Jonjohnson: 10:13am On Dec 01, 2021
crowniran:
Why pay $220? All Toefl and GRE registration before Monday will be done for 63k instead of 65k. You get your scheduled date within 24hrs.

You will have access to premium materials, premium maggosh videos. All for FREE!!

Note: Inform me you are from Nairaland to enjoy the 2k off

Has anyone here used this guy?
How reliable is he?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ObaOfEsan: 10:20am On Dec 01, 2021
kelechi1771:
Yes

Are you in Abuja presently?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by NigPatriot(m): 10:21am On Dec 01, 2021
adesbaba:

Hello Nigpatriot

Please for someone that has 3.3/5.0 BSc and 4.3/5.0 Msc... both in Accounting...can such person still apply for MSc Finance with scholarship/funding ...or it has to be PhD....

Thanks

The grades are good. you can definitely get scholarship for another masters. in this case your SOP has to be used to properly sell yourself.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ObaOfEsan: 10:23am On Dec 01, 2021
[quote author=kelechi1771 post=108110052][/quote]

Yes Abuja
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Chynwem: 10:41am On Dec 01, 2021
Amen.
Fescoblack:
As we prepare for our interview come this month let pray this omicron thing doesn't how US to ban Nigeria for another months or years again.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by kelechi1771: 10:44am On Dec 01, 2021
ObaOfEsan:

Are you in Abuja presently?
Nooo
I dey Portharcourt but i dey enter abj like 20th
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by macron: 10:57am On Dec 01, 2021
I got denied again today and honestly I don’t know what the problem is.

Vo : You’re going for a masters in Management sciences and quantitative methods:

Me: It’s actually Data Analytics but that’s how my school represents it on the sevis record

Vo: What will this degree do for you

Me: I have an offer to become a junior financial analyst at so and so company. I’ve worked there for 3 years and getting this degree will help me to become an analyst at the risk and investment supervision department.

Vo: what’s your highest academic qualifications

Me I have a bachelors in Chemical Engineering and I did a student exchange program in Industrial engineering as well and that’s where i learnt how to to analytics for engineering design

Vo: who will be paying for your trip

Me: My uncle, he’s an optometrist at so so hospital

Vo: you have any relative in the us

Me: yes my brother, he’s currently on opt

Vo: He went there on F1 as well

Me: yes

Vo: who paid for his education

Me: My dad paid until his final year when he got sick and my uncle paid the rest

Vo: so you went to Michigan on J1 and You’re going to Texas on F1

Me: Yes

Vo: what does your brother do?

Me: he’s a software engineer at so and so

V: i’m sorry you do not qualify for blah blah at this time
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Jubrilawest: 11:11am On Dec 01, 2021
Jonjohnson:

Has anyone here used this guy?
How reliable is he?
He helped me with my registration 2days ago.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by NigPatriot(m): 11:21am On Dec 01, 2021
macron:

Vo : You’re going for a masters in Management sciences and quantitative methods:

Me: It’s actually Data Analytics but that’s how my school represents it on the sevis record

Me: I have an offer to become a junior financial analyst at so and so company. I’ve worked there for 3 years and getting this degree will help me to become an analyst at the risk and investment supervision department.

Me I have a bachelors in Chemical Engineering and I did a student exchange program in Industrial engineering as well and that’s where i learnt how to to analytics for engineering design

Me: My dad paid until his final year when he got sick and my uncle paid the rest

From this transcript, There's something about your brother's stay that's unconvincing to the VOs. Next time, if given the opportunity, chip it in on your brother's intent to returning back to the country. and I hope he isn't also in Texas - which is your intended city of study?

According to the US consul visa vetting, there's something called "Family history". A VO can deny a person if a relative of that individual has shown immigrant intent on an NIV visa. This isnt a fair criteria but it is surreal.

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by macron: 11:36am On Dec 01, 2021
NigPatriot:

From this transcript, There's something about your brother's stay that's unconvincing to the VOs. Next time, if given the opportunity, chip it in on your brother's intent to returning back to the country. and I hope he isn't also in Texas - which is your intended city of study?

According to the US consul visa vetting, there's something called "Family history". A VO can deny a person if a relative of that individual has shown immigrant intent on an NIV visa. This isnt a fair criteria but it is surreal.
He’s not in texas o, we’re not even close or anything
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ObaOfEsan: 11:40am On Dec 01, 2021
kelechi1771:
Nooo
I dey Portharcourt but i dey enter abj like 20th

Okay. Sent a pm let's talk
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Trevon91: 12:10pm On Dec 01, 2021
Good day guys,

I was denied US student visa yesterday, I will like to know how soon I can reapply because school starts January 10. No available date yet on cgi portal and the notice on surge date application says "not being denied in the last 6 months". What can I do guys and how can I reapply?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Leestan45(m): 12:14pm On Dec 01, 2021
macron:

what did you fill as your travel specific plans ? Is it Yes or No ?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by bishopkinkin: 12:15pm On Dec 01, 2021
Hello Good day everyone, and congratulations to all those who have gotten their visa and thanks to everyone contributing to this group.

Please I'm new here and I want to begin my journey to US for studies. How can I go about this please.

I graduated with 2.2 and a CGPA of 3.4 Civil Engr, Please what school can you recommend that would wave GRE/English exam for me and also likely Fund me?

I intend going for Environmental engineering. Please gurus what are your suggestion?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Yuppie96: 12:20pm On Dec 01, 2021
@walspring
Good morning please here’s my mail myyuppiegurl@gmail.com
I need help with SEVIS fee
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Sammmyakinwande: 12:24pm On Dec 01, 2021
Hello Everyone,

Please, I'm new here, does anyone have the list of University in USA that can accept HND for MSC/PGD. I graduated with lower credit in Estate Management & Valuation or what's next program to apply for overthere as an Hnd holder.. I've read the thread phases.

Kindly advise! God bless
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Waskylala: 12:29pm On Dec 01, 2021
Trevon91:
Good day guys,

I was denied US student visa yesterday, I will like to know how soon I can reapply because school starts January 10. No available date yet on cgi portal and the notice on surge date application says "not being denied in the last 6 months". What can I do guys and how can I reapply?

You didn't post your transcripts to let the gurus here correct you with what you didn't do right and let other people learn.
You just need another trial ?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by MelaninGemstone(f): 12:34pm On Dec 01, 2021
Treyknowles:

Hello, I am planning to take the test but my international passport isn't ready, please do you have any idea if national ID card is accepted
National ID, drivers license and international passport are accepted
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Kiiishiii: 12:39pm On Dec 01, 2021
Good afternoon,
I’m posting for the first time. I just got a surge date for the 8th. Is there anyone else with this date? I need someone to converse my transcript with. Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ObodoNaija(f): 12:47pm On Dec 01, 2021
Kiiishiii:
Good afternoon,
I’m posting for the first time. I just got a surge date for the 8th. Is there anyone else with this date? I need someone to converse my transcript with. Thank you

Please when did you apply?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Kaygirl33: 12:52pm On Dec 01, 2021
macron:

Sorry about the refusal. Is your brother in the same state as your school?
VO stressed so much about him going on F1 and you too. I think that your brother not returning after his studies is a red flag.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by TeeGbee: 12:52pm On Dec 01, 2021
Hello, had visa interview today at Lagos but it wasn’t approved. Please review, I’d need advice on how to say things differently.
VO asked what I’m going to do, told her I’m going for my masters in Digital marketing in this school( I mentioned the name) then I saw she kept quiet, I started explaining that I’m going for the masters because it’s more relevant for my career, because I work as a Digital marketing executive now and I have come to realize that I don’t have some technical skill sets to give optimal value to my clients, so I need the skill set that I will obtain from this program. Then she cut in and asked who is my sponsor, I said two uncles, uncle A and uncle B. She didn’t ask what they do. Then she asked if I have travelled, I said yes, I’ve been to Russia and also had some flight layovers in some countries. she asked if I have any relative in the US, I said no not at all. Then she she asked what is my highest degree, I said I have masters in management from Russia, but it is not very relevant for my career right now, she asked who paid, i said i won a scholarship. Then she cut in again and asked when did I graduate, I just said this year 2021 (i graduated in June this year), then along the line (I don’t remember when she asked this, but it was during when I was explaining why I want to go for another masters that i have interest in this one because of my career and I have always had interest in digital marketing and even wrote my bachelors thesis on this area) she then said so why didn't i change the program i was doing in Russia, i said my school doesn't allow such, and they only offer a fixed study plan. Then she just brought out the blue slip.

What was the problem here? Can't one go for another masters again? especially because i currently work in this field and I actually want this degree. Is it my sponsors? pls advise
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by bishopkinkin: 1:07pm On Dec 01, 2021
please I need answers please
bishopkinkin:
Hello Good day everyone, and congratulations to all those who have gotten their visa and thanks to everyone contributing to this group.

Please I'm new here and I want to begin my journey to US for studies. How can I go about this please.

I graduated with 2.2 and a CGPA of 3.4 Civil Engr, Please what school can you recommend that would wave GRE/English exam for me and also likely Fund me?

I intend going for Environmental engineering. Please gurus what are your suggestion?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Temitemi28: 1:12pm On Dec 01, 2021
Can I still apply for another appointment date I just got denied yesterday in Abuja should I reapply in surge date for Lagos?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Kiiishiii: 1:12pm On Dec 01, 2021
ObodoNaija:

Please when did you apply?

I applied on Saturday
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Temmrow: 1:20pm On Dec 01, 2021
NigPatriot:

True talk!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Waskylala: 1:20pm On Dec 01, 2021
Kiiishiii:

I applied on Saturday

Abuja or Lagos ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (611) (612) (613) (614) (615) (616) (617) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.