Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,394 members, 7,812,159 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:15 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (626) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1640493 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (623) (624) (625) (626) (627) (628) (629) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Sirchukky2017: 7:34pm On Dec 04, 2021
you lying is the more reason why day will deny you [i][/I]the visa
Rawly111:
Answers needed urgently
Hello guys please I have a sister in the US and I filled that I have a relative in the US on my already submitted DS160
And I've seen cases where people say they have relatives and they were denied
Even in my last interview I mentioned that I gave a sister there and I guess that's one of the reasons I was denied
Now I'm thinking of filling another ds160 and saying that I don't have anyone there and updating it on cgi
Hope it's not risky?? ��
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by floyo001: 7:36pm On Dec 04, 2021
Hello All,
Please help with advise.

I already secured a surge date for next week. Is it possible and advisable to complete a new DS 160 and update it in CGI?

I need to update a critical info on the DS160.

please advise.
Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by MelaninGemstone(f): 7:42pm On Dec 04, 2021
Hey guys, please I need a quick advise.

My elder brother is a Masters student of Harvard University, Boston, Massachusetts

and I just got admission to University of Massachusetts, Boston for my own Masters too.

It’s totally a coincidence that we would be in the same city.

Please, do I stand a chance of getting a visa or I would be thought to be an intending immigrant?

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Omotola222: 7:45pm On Dec 04, 2021
Can someone please answer me ��

Hi guys, pls I got my I-20 form today which it’s written on it that section commence 3rd of January. And I already send a mail to the school yesterday immediately I receive the admission letter that i need them to defer my admission to March/April but to my surprise I receive the i-20 form today.. I want to know if I can still write them again to defer the admission and also send me another I-20 form…

I would also need advise about my sponsor my uncle in the USA is my sponsor (he is a police officer ) which his SOA I submitted to the school has about $52k in it and the tuition fee is just $21k. My question now is having my sponsor in the US won’t be a red flag…. And my sponsor staying in Maryland which the school is about 2hrs 30mins away from the school won’t be a red flag also….
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by sakalisis(m): 7:53pm On Dec 04, 2021
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by floyo001: 7:56pm On Dec 04, 2021
Bidex2016:
Good morning everyone,

Please, can I edit my ds160 after have submitted it for surge date?

Note; have gotten a date but can I go ahead and edit it. And how will I do it after have edit?.

I will appreciate if someone can come to my aid. Have a nice day

Hi @Bidex, Please did you eventually fill and updated another DS 160 form? And hope it didn't bring up.any issue at the.embassy?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Waskylala: 8:16pm On Dec 04, 2021
Rawly111:
Answers needed urgently
Hello guys please I have a sister in the US and I filled that I have a relative in the US on my already submitted DS160
Even in my last interview I mentioned that I gave a sister there and I guess that's one of the reasons I was denied
Now I'm thinking of filling another ds160 and saying that I don't have anyone there and updating it on cgi
Hope it's not risky?? ��

Some applicants here has also been granted visa even with them having relatives in the US. It just depends on the VO.
Filling another DS-160 ?
The embassy already has your records with your previous DS-160, don't just implicate yourself

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by adeheritage: 8:17pm On Dec 04, 2021
ifedayosol:
The earliest interview date as at this morning is Sept 22 2022. Just pick the available date, after that you request for emergency appointment and provide evidence to show that ur resumption is within the next 60days.

If your interview date falls after resumption date, kindly inform you school. They will advice you further.

Thanks so much, please I will dm u.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ifedayosol(m): 9:29pm On Dec 04, 2021
Ok. Feel free

adeheritage:

Thanks so much, please I will dm u.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Lustre23: 10:05pm On Dec 04, 2021
Please i need response to this
Is there a way i can pay registration and membership fee for EducationUSA and they give me the certificate without necessarily going to Lagos or Abuja for physical classes?
Is there anyone who has registered with them before or know anything about it?
Kindly respond please �
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ameristu: 10:11pm On Dec 04, 2021
MelaninGemstone:
Hey guys, please I need a quick advise.

My elder brother is a Masters student of Harvard University, Boston, Massachusetts

and I just got admission to University of Massachusetts, Boston for my own Masters too.

It’s totally a coincidence that we would be in the same city.

Please, do I stand a chance of getting a visa or I would be thought to be an intending immigrant?

Congrats! You still stand a chance equally as your brother and also everyone is an intending immigrant to the US, the US is aware of this and the want the best people to select to immigrate to their country.

The US gets their population from immigrants.

6 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ObaOfEsan: 10:38pm On Dec 04, 2021
Rawly111:
Answers needed urgently
Hope it's not risky?? ��

Odikwa risky ooo
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Theflint1(m): 10:50pm On Dec 04, 2021
Chief, thanks very much for the prompt reply, I'm inclined to go all the way grin. Which did you go with yourself?

Also, how about my second question, which of the degrees will be used to access my application, my MSc or BSc degree? Or will it be a combination of both?

Sakasitay:

Hello, I was a Marketing Major, then I did an MBA, but decided it was time to get into IT.

Some of the best IT programs for those without an undergrad background are:

- Information Systems
- Management Information Systems
- Information Technology
- Data Science
- Business Analytics

Computer Science might be a bit too theoretical and advanced at the graduate level esp for those without a prior experience in that discipline.

Nevertheless, it is possible to go all the way with Computer Science, if you have the patience of spending one year in the pre-admission program (where you gather credits in core CSC modules like Data Structures and Algorithms, Operating Systems, Programming Languages, All kinds of Maths and Stats lol - to meet up future admission requirements)

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Moshkom(m): 12:23am On Dec 05, 2021
niyi20:

I sent a mail yesterday there response "We have received your email and will respond accordingly within 1 to 2 business days."

I used your format this morning but I'm yet to get anuy response from them.

This is weekend, Wait till Monday boss.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by MelaninGemstone(f): 12:41am On Dec 05, 2021
ameristu:

Congrats! You still stand a chance equally as your brother and also everyone is an intending immigrant to the US, the US is aware of this and the want the best people to select to immigrate to their country.

The US gets their population from immigrants.
My brother is not an intending immigrant. He has been going to the US since 2010 and been returning to Nigeria.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Sakasitay(m): 2:03am On Dec 05, 2021
Theflint1:
Chief, thanks very much for the prompt reply, I'm inclined to go all the way grin. Which did you go with yourself?

Also, how about my second question, which of the degrees will be used to access my application, my MSc or BSc degree? Or will it be a combination of both?

I’m going for MS Information Systems at Drexel.

Both my Bsc and mba were requested.
It depends also. If the school doesn’t ask for your masters, don’t indicate. The Bsc is the most important for any admission decisions. I think it should be enough.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ameristu: 3:37am On Dec 05, 2021
MelaninGemstone:
My brother is not an intending immigrant. He has been going to the US since 2010 and been returning to Nigeria.

Is that also what the country thinks?

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Godchangeme: 5:47am On Dec 05, 2021
Is there anyone in the US that has an extra vehicle willing to give out to help someone in need of one? I need a vehicle badly but I couldn't afford one it's really stressful moving from school to work and home. I'll be glad if anyone can help or advise me on what to do. Thanks

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by wue1: 8:36am On Dec 05, 2021
Please good day house am applying for msc engineering management I’ve applied for some schools have not been able to get graduate assistantship for spring don’t know if am applying to the wrong schools my profile is b.tech 3.21/4 and Gre 320 how do I increase my chances and anybody gotten ga in engineering management or industrial engineering masters or phd please help out
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Gokoyer0(m): 9:06am On Dec 05, 2021
wue1:
Please good day house am applying for msc engineering management I’ve applied for some schools have not been able to get graduate assistantship for spring don’t know if am applying to the wrong schools my profile is b.tech 3.21/4 and Gre 320 how do I increase my chances and anybody gotten ga in engineering management or industrial engineering masters or phd please help out
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Walspring: 10:28am On Dec 05, 2021
phelixson:
Please how do I pay? Is there anyone that can help?

Also, can I apply for surge while I am yet to pay SEVIS but with the hope of paying before new interview date?

I have replied your pm or email l. Kindly check and revert back ASAP if you still need to pay your sevis fee.

Thanks.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by stone2x: 11:17am On Dec 05, 2021
sourkandi:
Hi guys!
So I had my interview on Monday at Abuja, time slot was 9:15 but after all the processes and screening I had to go through, I was interviewed around 10:30.
VO was a handsome young man in his early 30s, slim, tall, blond hair, blue eyes.
Me:Good morning
VO:Good morning. So we are going to begin with you placing your fingers on the fingerprint scanner.
(Scanned my fingers and the real deal started)
VO: Pass me your documents
Me:Passes them
VO:Have you ever travelled out of Nigeria before?
Me:No I haven't
VO: When did you finish your SSCE?
Me:The November of 2020
VO:What have you been doing since then?
Me: I started learning new languages because I believe communication is important.
VO: Okay, name one of them
Mesadsmiling underneath my mask) Korean
VO: (smiling) why?
Me: (laughing) Because I really like K-dramas
VOsadsmiles) okay, so why Marymount University?
Me:Okay, Marymount is a small school with big ideas, apart from their excellent biochemistry program, the school is a small school which for me I think is important so international students can become easily acclimated to the culture in the US and overall, I have been in contact with the school and they have been really nice and eager for me to attend.
VO:Okay,so do you have any family in Virginia or anywhere in the US?
Me: I do not have any family in Virginia but my great grandmother's stepbrother lives in California.
VO:Okay, so what do you plan to do when you return?
Me: Okay, I plan to take up a job as a clinical biochemist at UPTH since Nigeria is really in need of those.
VO: I see you have a Deans Award, who is going to pay yout deficit?(Traces my sponsor's name on my I-20). Is that your mom or dad?
Me: My dad.
VO:And what does he do?
Me:He is a business man who buys and sells cars. He also owns a poultry and cassava farm.
VO:Okay, everything looks right with your application(picks up the white paper). This contains details in how to pick up your passport and um, keep yout I-20 well, you'll need it at the point of entry.
You haven't been outside Nigeria in the past two weeks right?
Me:Yes. (Nodding like an agama lizard) Thank you!
Collected my docs and sprinted out.
I wished everybody I met after that a lovely day because of happiness.

TIPS
DRESS COMFORTABLY. I saw people who over dressed and still got denied. Even a guy who wore a complete 3 piece suit with a hat got denied.
CONFIDENCE IS KEY. This was probably the hardest part for me because I am very shy. You can be talking to me and I'll be replying the ground. Work on your eye contact and try to keep your voice and upper body stable since they can't see your legs.
BE HONEST
BE EARLY AND ENSURE YOU HAVE ALL YOUR DOCUMENTS AND PASSPORT PHOTOGRAPH( in the correct dimensions). I even carried an affidavit, since me and my dad don't share the same surname.
PRAY PRAY PRAY. I prayed and kept on reciting 2 Timothy 1:7 till it was my turn.
The VO that interviewed me denied two people before me but mine was approved.
FILL YOUR DS-160 BY YOURSELF.
ASK YOURSELF IF YOU SOUND CONVINCING AND IF YOUR INFORMATION AND APPLICATION SEEMS RIGHT.
BELIEVE!
I just collected my passport here in Port Harcourt and I am so elated.
I wish everyone here success.

Please help with the correct dimension for the passport photograph..Thank you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Fawaz12345: 11:26am On Dec 05, 2021
Hello guys I want to apply for a visit visa (renewing)it I’ve been there once after renewing it I’ll travel again and change to F1 visa student visa and apply to Hcc community college maybe my brother and sister are studying there also, I’ve been denied canada visa twice.
What do you guys think will I get it?
And what are the disadvantages of community college? I can’t apply for pr after the two years?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ohenhend1: 11:58am On Dec 05, 2021
Please all Is it possible to reschedule an emergency visa appointment after receiving an email that your emergency interview application is rejected?
I am to resume 18th January 2022 and unable to secure emergency interview appointment.
Please kindly assist.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ohenhend1: 11:58am On Dec 05, 2021
Please all Is it possible to reschedule an emergency visa appointment after receiving an email that your emergency interview application is rejected?
I am to resume 18th January 2022 and unable to secure emergency interview appointment.
Please kindly assist.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by dfutbolar: 12:14pm On Dec 05, 2021
tobiit:

My class start JAN 6. Just try ensure you get the EA soonest because with this Omicron issue going about. You need to do everything fast

Thanks.
I am yet to apply for EA due to the fact that I am not yet within 60days of my start of class. From your post it means you applied for EA withing 60days to Jan 6.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Globalk: 12:32pm On Dec 05, 2021
Kiiishiii:

Send a mail to LagosStudents@state.gov and attach all the necessary documents
I was previously booked appointment to Abuja , can I change to Lagos?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Fawaz12345: 12:44pm On Dec 05, 2021
Fawaz12345:
Hello guys I want to apply for a visit visa (renewing)it I’ve been there once after renewing it I’ll travel again and change to F1 visa student visa and apply to Hcc community college maybe my brother and sister are studying there also, I’ve been denied canada visa twice.
And what are the disadvantages of community college? I can’t apply for pr after the two years?

Anyone??
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Gent2nice: 12:51pm On Dec 05, 2021
Yes that is acceptable. That is what I did. Go with both confirmation pages and showed them the latest one for your interview.

floyo001:
Hello All,
Please help with advise.

I already secured a surge date for next week. Is it possible and advisable to complete a new DS 160 and update it in CGI?

I need to update a critical info on the DS160.

please advise.
Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Gent2nice: 12:55pm On Dec 05, 2021
Very risky. They already have record of all that transpired in your last interview, so you can't contradict it. What you should spend your energy on now is how to convince the VO that you are coming back and not going to join your sister. Many have succeeded at that as longas the person is not illegal. Know every details about the sister too

Rawly111:
Answers needed urgently
Hope it's not risky?? ��
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Fawaz12345: 12:55pm On Dec 05, 2021
Fawaz12345:
@justwise
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Eseeeeeeeee: 1:20pm On Dec 05, 2021
Hello guys,
My junior brother went to for his f1visa interview on the 10th Nov got his visa approved but the passport came with a yellow paper asking us to submit back the passport and sevis receipt then we realized that we didn't pay the sevis fee so we quickly paid the sevis fee and have submitted the document to the Dropoff location. Will the visa still be approved? Or anyone here with such experience?

(1) (2) (3) ... (623) (624) (625) (626) (627) (628) (629) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.