Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,684 members, 7,816,788 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:12 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (641) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1644562 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (638) (639) (640) (641) (642) (643) (644) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ajoself(m): 11:02pm On Dec 09, 2021
I want to apply to university of Idaho. What's your opinion on this? Do they have high acceptance rate?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by mojolajesu(m): 11:12pm On Dec 09, 2021
you can use google to check their acceptance rate.
Ajoself:
I want to apply to university of Idaho. What's your opinion on this? Do they have high acceptance rate?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Badguy001(m): 11:20pm On Dec 09, 2021
mojolajesu:
you can use google to check their acceptance rate.

Unrelated. But I see you had a Visa interview already. Please, how did you pay your SEVIS fee?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Helkayklassic(m): 11:31pm On Dec 09, 2021
Badguy001:
Hi everyone! Good evening! Is it really the case that one cannot pay SEVIS fee in Nigeria even through Western Union QuickPay whereby you visit a local agent and pay the equivalent in local currency?

Furthermore, I just obtained (today) my I-20 for Spring 2022. Does anyone have any tips on what I need to do secure a visa whether through emergency appointments or surge method as school starts in January?

I look forward to your inputs. Thank you.

Bros congratulations on your admission. You can not pay sevis in Nigeria. If you have someone in the US, tell the person to pay for you. You can also go to Seme border if you really want to make the payment yourself, or you contact walspring he has been helping people to do it.

With what i have read lately on here, i think Abuja is the surest for appointment date now. After making all the necessary payments and filling your DS-160, pick any date you see and request for EA. Many people got appointment date that way.

Best wishes.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Helkayklassic(m): 11:36pm On Dec 09, 2021
This your explanation is kinda confusing. If you can upload the I-20, don’t hesitate to do that but keep important info out of it.

moruff77:
Hello everyone, I need someone to help me interprete dis my i20.. sch fees 23,400 personal funds .. 0
Living expenses..12,400 int scholarship..7500
Books and fees 1800 cooperate sponsorship 33,400
Total...34,300 total..34,300
Please I would like to understand this...does dis means am I have zero deficit?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by mojolajesu(m): 11:39pm On Dec 09, 2021
reach out to walspring

Badguy001:

Unrelated. But I see you had a Visa interview already. Please, how did you pay your SEVIS fee?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Felixnyle: 11:51pm On Dec 09, 2021
Is there anyone who applied to UMBC,GSU or UNC for fall 2022?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Simonokeh7(m): 12:19am On Dec 10, 2021
Simonokeh7:
Hello, does anyone has any idea on how I can go about to release an official publication.
I'm a final year student of political science..
It's getting me all confused is it like publishing my final project after my defense, or writing some political articles that would be published on site like punch.ng you know like the kinda articles you read on the Huffington Post.
Thanks
Help anybody..
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Walspring: 12:31am On Dec 10, 2021
Badguy001:
Hi everyone! Good evening! Is it really the case that one cannot pay SEVIS fee in Nigeria even through Western Union QuickPay whereby you visit a local agent and pay the equivalent in local currency?

Furthermore, I just obtained (today) my I-20 for Spring 2022. Does anyone have any tips on what I need to do secure a visa whether through emergency appointments or surge method as school starts in January?

I look forward to your inputs. Thank you.

Congratulations. If you still need help paying sevis free just lemme know ASAP via email.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by MelaninGemstone(f): 1:11am On Dec 10, 2021
Hey guys, my passport is expiring in April 2022

Can I still use it to apply for Visa ?

My school resumes in January and I wanna start applying for another passport today, but I don’t know when it will be out cry
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by kelvinklint500: 1:16am On Dec 10, 2021
Good evening please why am I getting this error message when I try to create my account for USA visa appointment

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by seeker321: 1:17am On Dec 10, 2021
MelaninGemstone:

My school resumes in January and I wanna start applying for another passport today, but I don’t know when it will be out cry

I believe you need minimum 6 months passport validity before applying for a visa.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by strayen: 2:00am On Dec 10, 2021
Can anyone please list the step by step process of getting a new appointment date after visa denial/refusal? I can’t even do anything on my cgi portal currently , the links are not clickable and no menu option to start a new appointment.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by learner007(m): 2:33am On Dec 10, 2021
Raphaelvalentin:
Please I just received my I-20 from Southeast Missouri state university. I don’t Understand the remarks. Does it mean I have scholarship?

You have been offered a $2,000 worth of scholarship. So $27k will be paid out of your pocket (Family funds)
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by sbot: 4:24am On Dec 10, 2021
Svelte98:
Hmmm...I got about 4% scholarship which is really small obviously. I'd probably send an inquiry.

Hello,

Please how much is their tuition? Awaiting their offer letter too.

Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Themaths(m): 4:37am On Dec 10, 2021
My program required the GRE, so I took the GRE. It was also a deciding factor for my funding too
Adewaale:
Hey! Bro. You got it without GRE?

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Themaths(m): 4:39am On Dec 10, 2021
The BISA program has a huge intake and being a Management related course, even though they are trying to fuse it with IT, they don't really have RAs and TAs. The only available funding is GA which you can only get when you arrive.
Jerulo:

I got admission into UALR to study BISA. I have been trying to get a GA but it’s not been easy. Still applying and hoping too

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Themaths(m): 4:43am On Dec 10, 2021
Being passionate is good and commendable, but it might not help in the short run. Not to speak ill of your chances, getting a Visa with a graduate program without funding is difficult enough, now you add grad cert.

What people do is this....They come in with a program they have the best shot at getting a Visa, when they get here, after one semester, they switch. If you are for fall, it's not too late, reapply to another program and defer your grad cert program. When you land, you can hustle for GA on campus
BoiGrammz:

I applied for data analysis bro, it's what I have passions for. I have been admitted. I'm just hoping I won't get a visa denial because it's a graduate certificate course.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Themaths(m): 4:50am On Dec 10, 2021
Chances are you might not get the passport before you leave Nigeria. When I left in August, my passport was to expire Dec this year. I didn't mind. I applied for a new passport, I captured and zoomed off. The customs officer there told me an authorized 3rd party can pick up my passport for me, but I cannot collect it until my current passport expires as I cannot have 2 valid passports in circulation.

So, as soon as Dec runs out, my wife will pickup my new passport and waybill it to me.
MelaninGemstone:

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Themaths(m): 4:53am On Dec 10, 2021
It is possible they will ask for those documents when you submit the application. Just saying though, because that is how some schools does it.
Yhasf:
Good evening guys ,

For those applying to TAMUK for fall 22,please is this a normal occurrence on the Applytexas platform as aLL the credentials filling spaces keep saying "the school doesn't ask applicants to fill out this ".

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by sbot: 5:43am On Dec 10, 2021
Themaths:
Being passionate is good and commendable, but it might not help in the short run. Not to speak ill of your chances, getting a Visa with a graduate program without funding is difficult enough, now you add grad cert.

What people do is this....They come in with a program they have the best shot at getting a Visa, when they get here, after one semester, they switch. If you are for fall, it's not too late, reapply to another program and defer your grad cert program. When you land, you can hustle for GA on campus

Boss,

Can one change to another school on getting to the US?
Like accept another admission offer after Visa had been granted, please?

Thank you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Duisburg: 6:08am On Dec 10, 2021
sbot:

Boss,

Thank you.
Easy.

Just get their I-20 and any school you go to does not concern them.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Timotte(m): 6:26am On Dec 10, 2021
Simonokeh7:
Hello, does anyone has any idea on how I can go about to release an official publication.
I'm a final year student of political science..
It's getting me all confused is it like publishing my final project after my defense, or writing some political articles that would be published on site like punch.ng you know like the kinda articles you read on the Huffington Post.
Thanks

I believe you are referring to a research publication. Research papers are usually published in academic journals. Examples of political science journals include "The International Political Science Review", "American Journal of Political Science", etc. Many students publish their final year project in journals. You'll have to first look for a suitable journal, preferably one that is friendly to international papers (or even local, as in a Nigerian/African journal), and then trim/reduce the length of your project as well as format it to the journal specifications. Informal articles written in columns such as the Huffington Post or newspapers/magazines are not considered research papers.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Greatnnamdi: 6:35am On Dec 10, 2021
please how much is the recent reciprocity fees after white paper have been issued.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by sbot: 8:10am On Dec 10, 2021
Duisburg:

Easy.

Just get their I-20 and any school you go to does not concern them.

Wow.

Appreciate your kindness, boss.

But should the new school go beyond the time your visa expires, what’s to be done, please?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Themaths(m): 8:45am On Dec 10, 2021
Technically, you can. But some schools are stubborn, you might not be able to transfer out immediately. They will mandate you to do one semester with them.
sbot:

Boss,

Thank you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Duisburg: 8:46am On Dec 10, 2021
sbot:

Wow.

But should the new school go beyond the time your visa expires, what’s to be done, please?
When you resume there, meet with the immigration official of the school, that would be fixed out easily.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Themaths(m): 8:47am On Dec 10, 2021
Visa is only for entrance into a country. If your visa expires in-country, it means if you come back to Nigeria, you will have to first apply for a new visa. But if you remain in the US, the duration in your I-20 should cover you, so, you won't go out of status.
sbot:

Wow.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by MelaninGemstone(f): 8:53am On Dec 10, 2021
Morning guys, please, can one still get a surge date in Lagos or Abuja ?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Duisburg: 9:00am On Dec 10, 2021
MelaninGemstone:
Morning guys, please, can one still get a surge date in Lagos or Abuja ?
No harm in trying but till next year they said.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by MiamiePizza(m): 9:04am On Dec 10, 2021
MelaninGemstone:

You can not use that passport to apply. It must be valid for the next 6months.
For applying to get a new passport, be ready to pay highly for this to get it ASAP. When applying for passport, avoid Ibadan like a plague. Even some who applied since last year haven't gotten theirs and they have not even started this year's job.

If you have your money like 100k, you can get your passport same day in Akure. Don't ask me questions concerning this though cos I don't know who can run it for you in Ak.

My friend did his around October and he's already in Dubai now

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Themaths(m): 9:08am On Dec 10, 2021
I got into the US with a passport with less than 6months validity. COVID altered alot of things.
MiamiePizza:

You can not use that passport to apply. It must be valid for the next 6months.
For applying to get a new passport, be ready to pay highly for this to get it ASAP. When applying for passport, avoid Ibadan like a plague. Even some who applied since last year haven't gotten theirs and they have not even started this year's job.

If you have your money like 100k, you can get your passport same day in Akure. Don't ask me questions concerning this though cos I don't know who can run it for you in Ak.

My friend did his around October and he's already in Dubai now

(1) (2) (3) ... (638) (639) (640) (641) (642) (643) (644) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

Viewing this topic: Corehustler(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.