Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,446 members, 7,816,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:58 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (644) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1643949 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (641) (642) (643) (644) (645) (646) (647) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Yuppie96: 4:57pm On Dec 10, 2021
Moshkom:

Kindly wait till you hear from them or better still call this their helpline to know your application status, +23412278955
Thank you very much. I’ll call them
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Greatnnamdi: 5:22pm On Dec 10, 2021
Good evening my people, for F1 visa, how much in cash is payed after you have been offered a white paper and also is medical required before or after white paper?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Moshkom(m): 5:29pm On Dec 10, 2021
Systrom:
Is the surge also off in Abuja or only Lagos?

Because someone I know got a surge date for Abuja today.

So what are you saying? undecided

Ignore if you don't understand.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Moshkom(m): 5:31pm On Dec 10, 2021
Greatnnamdi:
Good evening my people, for F1 visa, how much in cash is payed after you have been offered a white paper and also is medical required before or after white paper?

No amount in cash or not in cash is required.

Same as medical, not require before interview.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Systrom(m): 5:34pm On Dec 10, 2021
Moshkom:

Ignore if you don't understand.

Stop misleading people
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Timotte(m): 5:37pm On Dec 10, 2021
Simonokeh7:

Thank you very much sir for your apt reply, and yes I was referring to a research publication.

But I still have some questions.

Thank you very much sir for your time.
I truly appreciate..

* Must my research publication be limited to my final year project, or can I write on any topic germane to political science that interests me?.
No, it doesn't have to be limited to your final year project. Your research paper can be on any topic in political science that you like. However, your final year project may be much easier to use as you've done the bulk of the research work already. I'm not sure if you fully grasp the process of conducting research and writing a research paper. A research paper isn't exactly like a commentary or an editorial that you just write like an essay. You have to develop a research question, study rationale and study objectives/aims. Then you need to obtain the dataset that you'll be using for your data analysis. Findings from your data analysis will be reported in your results section and then you'll discuss about your result findings with respect to your study objectives, hypothesis, and existing literature (previous studies that have been done on the research topic).

*And isn't there some measures to trim down the amount of research publication that is published on a certain journal or can any and every body publish a research publication?.
I'm not sure if I fully understand you here, but I'll try. Not every paper that is submitted to a journal gets accepted. Most journals have acceptance rates ranging from 10% (or less) to about 30%. The more prestigious the journal is, the more difficult it is to get accepted. You can determine how prestigious a journal is by using the "impact factor" of the journal. The higher the impact factor of a journal, the more prestigious the journal is.

*Can I publish my research in multiple journals, and can I write multiple research publications?.
As a rule, if you submit a paper to a journal, you cannot submit it to another journal, unless the paper is rejected and then you can resubmit it to another journal. Simply put, you can only publish a paper in one journal. With respect to multiple research publications, yes, you can write multiple papers, but note that conducting research and writing the manuscript is tedious.

*And finally is there any monetary aspect to the publication?. If so, does that invariably means that the best journal charge the most. And what could be the cost range?.
The issue of cost of publication depends on various factors. If an author wants to publish an "open access" paper (open access means that anybody can view and read the paper), then there's a cost, which can range from $1,000 to $4,000 or more. However, for most journals, if you do not want open access, then there's usually no charge. But people will only be able to read the abstract of the paper unless they have a subscription that gives them access to the full paper.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by boyejodamola: 5:47pm On Dec 10, 2021
mightymuy:
I also need this too sir... Please Kindly e-mail me the GRE material to lummyjames@gmail.com

Please kindly share the GRE study materials with me boyejodamola@gmail.com

Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by boyejodamola: 5:50pm On Dec 10, 2021
fairheart:
GRE study materials sent to those who dropped their email address.
Check your messages to confirm.

Please kindly share the GRE study materials also with me. boyejodamola@gmail.com

Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Josephjay970: 5:51pm On Dec 10, 2021
JonSnow23:
Hello Everyone,

Who is resuming eastern Illinois university in spring 2022?
Whats the scope behind getting admission in the first place. Been trying to get SOA with enough funds. Do you all have this much money?��
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ifedayosol(m): 5:51pm On Dec 10, 2021
I am in the same situation. Patiently waiting for them to respond to my emergency appointment.

Yuppie96:

Thanks my emergency appointment hasn’t been approved yet. I applied to Lagos
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by sbot: 5:52pm On Dec 10, 2021
Svelte98:
About 12k per quarter.

Thanks just got an offer.

How long did it take before you got your I-20 please?

I’ve paid $100 acceptance fees.

Also, did you get any scholarships, and how long before you were notified of this?

Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Oluwafame: 5:58pm On Dec 10, 2021
Please I had my interview today at the Abuja embassy, I was denied
The VO asked if I ve been outside the country I said no, he asked how I intend to pay my fees I said my uncle who is also my employer, he asked why I chose my major masters in pub administration I said to broaden my knowledge in administration and equip myself with the right skills for public service, he asked what my sponsor does, I said large scale importation and distribution of hair extensions, he asked what I’d do after my graduation I said my family has an NGO recently opened in memory of my deceased dad and I’d be taking over the management responsibilities, he passed the blue paper
Please does anyone know what went wrong or what I could have done better?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Moshkom(m): 6:12pm On Dec 10, 2021
Systrom:
Stop misleading people

K
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Amenndmore: 6:14pm On Dec 10, 2021
please if you are going to ndsu please write me. Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by sbot: 6:37pm On Dec 10, 2021
My people, please help me understand these calculations

What is the total amount or cost of attendance I am meant to pay in this case, I mean for the whole two(2) years the masters program is meant to last for?

Kindly refer to the attached screenshot.

Thank you.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Chynwem: 6:44pm On Dec 10, 2021
Canada2021:
congratulations, followed all your past questions and enquiries and I am happy you got it
yes o. Thanks dear

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Chynwem: 6:45pm On Dec 10, 2021
Newskooltins:

Congrats to you and your family. That new born has a good luck because Nigeria is not a place for him/ her and if it turns out to be twins Omo double blessings. Let me also wish you congrats on safe delivery ahead. We are joining you soon madam.
Amen. Thanks alot dear.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Chynwem: 6:45pm On Dec 10, 2021
Waskylala:

Mama dey work
Congratulations
well well

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Chynwem: 6:46pm On Dec 10, 2021
HDwayne:
Congratulations.
Thanks dear

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by adebayoolufemi79: 7:06pm On Dec 10, 2021
I am getting the same response too. Please, were you able to overcome this. Cos am still having difficulty too.. kindly respond ASAP
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Emmyjack20: 7:28pm On Dec 10, 2021
Chynwem:
Visa Approved
First attempt
9:15am
Abuja
COA: $25,162
GA: $16,550
Deficit: &8,313
VO: Can I have your i20 and Passport
ME: (I gave him)
VO: Have you travelled outside the country before?
ME: No, this will be my first time.
VO: what is your highest qualification?
ME: I have Bachelor of Science in Industrial Chemistry from XYZ University,  I finished with a CGP of 4.15 and was among the top 5 students.
VO: what do you plan to do after this degree?
ME: Having gained the necessary skills, knowledge, experience and exposure in the course of this study, I will return back  to my country to attain a higher position in my organisation. I also have the plan of owing a research laboratory in the south western Nigeria.
VO: where do you work?
ME: xyz company
VO: Are you married?
ME: Yes, I am.
VO: Why is your husband not going with you?
ME: we currently started a building project at the south eastern region which he is fully incharge of, I would be coming home to visit during the holidays and he will most likely be visiting too.
VO: (Nods) Congratulations, take this white paper and so on so on so on so on so on (which I didn't listen again because I was shaking and in tears already).

I cried to God and our Lady of perpetual help (I'm a Catholic) and they answered me.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Helkayklassic(m): 7:42pm On Dec 10, 2021
sbot:
My people, please help me understand these calculations

What is the total amount or cost of attendance I am meant to pay in this case, I mean for the whole two(2) years the masters program is meant to last for?

Kindly refer to the attached screenshot.

Thank you.

You just need to multiply the annual total by 2, which will give you 67,858. That’s the amount you’ll need for your 2yrs program and remember the living expenses depends on the lifestyle you choose to live. May be lower or higher than what is written there.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Simonokeh7(m): 7:43pm On Dec 10, 2021
Timotte:

* Must my research publication be limited to my final year project, or can I write on any topic germane to political science that interests me?.
No, it doesn't have to be limited to your final year project. Your research paper can be on any topic in political science that you like. However, your final year project may be much easier to use as you've done the bulk of the research work already. I'm not sure if you fully grasp the process of conducting research and writing a research paper. A research paper isn't exactly like a commentary or an editorial that you just write like an essay. You have to develop a research question, study rationale and study objectives/aims. Then you need to obtain the dataset that you'll be using for your data analysis. Findings from your data analysis will be reported in your results section and then you'll discuss about your result findings with respect to your study objectives, hypothesis, and existing literature (previous studies that have been done on the research topic).

*And isn't there some measures to trim down the amount of research publication that is published on a certain journal or can any and every body publish a research publication?.
I'm not sure if I fully understand you here, but I'll try. Not every paper that is submitted to a journal gets accepted. Most journals have acceptance rates ranging from 10% (or less) to about 30%. The more prestigious the journal is, the more difficult it is to get accepted. You can determine how prestigious a journal is by using the "impact factor" of the journal. The higher the impact factor of a journal, the more prestigious the journal is.

*Can I publish my research in multiple journals, and can I write multiple research publications?.
As a rule, if you submit a paper to a journal, you cannot submit it to another journal, unless the paper is rejected and then you can resubmit it to another journal. Simply put, you can only publish a paper in one journal. With respect to multiple research publications, yes, you can write multiple papers, but note that conducting research and writing the manuscript is tedious.

*And finally is there any monetary aspect to the publication?. If so, does that invariably means that the best journal charge the most. And what could be the cost range?.
The issue of cost of publication depends on various factors. If an author wants to publish an "open access" paper (open access means that anybody can view and read the paper), then there's a cost, which can range from $1,000 to $4,000 or more. However, for most journals, if you do not want open access, then there's usually no charge. But people will only be able to read the abstract of the paper unless they have a subscription that gives them access to the full paper.
I can't express how much I appreciate your reply and time.
Thank you so much.

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Amenndmore: 7:49pm On Dec 10, 2021
Castro411:
Please i want to ask a very harmless question here... what is the difference between visa delayed and visa denied...because you were delayed on 3rd November and was asked if you have been denied visa on 8th December and you responded no...please clarify me on this please

its same thing, but speaking positively most people prefer to call a denial a delay, because that visa will still be gotten in Jesus name. Amen

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Tyleet: 8:52pm On Dec 10, 2021
ifedayosol:
I am in the same situation. Patiently waiting for them to respond to my emergency appointment.

Can anyone please give me the format or template used in sending an emergency appointment letter to the embassy please?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by mamsiey: 9:21pm On Dec 10, 2021
Chynwem:
Visa Approved
First attempt
Abuja
ME: I have Bachelor of Science in Industrial Chemistry from XYZ University,  I finished with a CGP of 4.15 and was among the top 5 students.
ME: Having gained the necessary skills, knowledge, experience and exposure in the course of this study, I will return back  to my country to attain a higher position in my organisation. I also have the plan of owing a research laboratory in the south western Nigeria.
ME: we currently started a building project at the south eastern region which he is fully incharge of, I would be coming home to visit during the holidays and he will most likely be visiting too.
VO: (Nods) Congratulations, take this white paper and so on so on so on so on so on (which I didn't listen again because I was shaking and in tears already).

I cried to God and our Lady of perpetual help (I'm a Catholic) and they answered me.
Congratulations! I tap into this interview testimony in Jesus name! Amen!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by sbot: 9:21pm On Dec 10, 2021
Helkayklassic:

You just need to multiply the annual total by 2, which will give you 67,858. That’s the amount you’ll need for your 2yrs program and remember the living expenses depends on the lifestyle you choose to live. May be lower or higher than what is written there.

Appreciate this boss.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Dominiok(f): 10:57pm On Dec 10, 2021
Chynwem:
Visa Approved
First attempt
Abuja

Congrats sis! this is a sweet one. I tap into this testimony and pray that mama comes through for me too. Amen
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Svelte98(f): 11:57pm On Dec 10, 2021
sbot:

Thanks just got an offer.

How long did it take before you got your I-20 please?

I’ve paid $100 acceptance fees.

Also, did you get any scholarships, and how long before you were notified of this?

Thanks
Hi, I've not processed my I-20 yet, still trying to see if I can get some funding first.
I was awarded a Dean's Fellowship scholarship and it was stated on my admission letter on the portal (Discover Drexel).
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by sbot: 12:11am On Dec 11, 2021
Svelte98:
Hi, I've not processed my I-20 yet, still trying to see if I can get some funding first.
I was awarded a Dean's Fellowship scholarship and it was stated on my admission letter on the portal (Discover Drexel).

Oh great,

Perhaps we can link up if you do not mind.

How’re you going about the scholarship thing. Got a $1,600 scholarship too which is nothing to me.
Would like to follow suite.

Also have a couple of questions for you.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by kauranBauchi: 12:58am On Dec 11, 2021
bnad:
Is there anyone who is also interested in doing mock interviews?
yes I am

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (641) (642) (643) (644) (645) (646) (647) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.